Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I voted Diva to get the game going. A vote on Diva always causes something to happen.
It's a long day. Let's make the most of it.
unless she is voting you for trying to 'stir' things, I'd say diva's vote on you is pretty scummy.

diva is pretty self-centered as town, so I could also see you trying to take advantage of her impulsive game play by taunting her, which you are apparently admitting to.

Do you think it's pro-town to try to provoke other players to make a desired response?
And so the sledging starts.

I can't even believe that you are saying that as town that I am self-centered, do you actually have any recall of meta on me for that claim or are you pulling that out of your ass?

unvote MZ
vote Gonzo
:lol: I rest my case. Dive you are detrimental to the town no matter what your alignment is because you can't get over yourself.
__________________
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

:thanked:
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
divagreen's Avatar
divagreen divagreen is offline
hopelessly incredibly selfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US of A
Gender: Female
Posts: MCXXXIX
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I voted Diva to get the game going. A vote on Diva always causes something to happen.
It's a long day. Let's make the most of it.
unless she is voting you for trying to 'stir' things, I'd say diva's vote on you is pretty scummy.

diva is pretty self-centered as town, so I could also see you trying to take advantage of her impulsive game play by taunting her, which you are apparently admitting to.

Do you think it's pro-town to try to provoke other players to make a desired response?
And so the sledging starts.

I can't even believe that you are saying that as town that I am self-centered, do you actually have any recall of meta on me for that claim or are you pulling that out of your ass?

unvote MZ
vote Gonzo
:lol: I rest my case. Dive you are detrimental to the town no matter what your alignment is because you can't get over yourself.
EAT ME!




Disclaimer: there is none.
__________________
Currently suffering from Cassandra's curse.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I can see 72 hour days is just an excuse to go 3 times as slow.
UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
lyrical
Quote:
Originally Posted by uselesstwit View Post
hi all

lyrical
I am interested in these votes because I think players from Rationalia have the impression that the seer will be directed to view this players as mayor and they are following the custom on voting for a good/threatening player, but I don't think :ff: has really ever perceived mayors as needed to viewed. For the most part I think mayors are treated town-friendly here and pretty well trusted after elected. So I ask these players to review their votes with that in mind. If you a choosing those players to be viewed, I am not sure you will get your wish. Why not mayor vote after watching how people actually play?
__________________
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

:thanked:
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
divagreen's Avatar
divagreen divagreen is offline
hopelessly incredibly selfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US of A
Gender: Female
Posts: MCXXXIX
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

I am not going to argue that I was a complete and total disaster in the last game.

I did FOS Lyrical and try for her lynch early in the game, which everyone seems to have forgotten.

I would like to hear from Adam at this point.
__________________
Currently suffering from Cassandra's curse.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I voted Diva to get the game going. A vote on Diva always causes something to happen.
It's a long day. Let's make the most of it.
unless she is voting you for trying to 'stir' things, I'd say diva's vote on you is pretty scummy.

diva is pretty self-centered as town, so I could also see you trying to take advantage of her impulsive game play by taunting her, which you are apparently admitting to.

Do you think it's pro-town to try to provoke other players to make a desired response?
And so the sledging starts.

I can't even believe that you are saying that as town that I am self-centered, do you actually have any recall of meta on me for that claim or are you pulling that out of your ass?

unvote MZ
vote Gonzo
:lol: I rest my case. Dive you are detrimental to the town no matter what your alignment is because you can't get over yourself.
EAT ME!




Disclaimer: there is none.
nom nom nom :zombieglomp:
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

sorry for typing like an eleven year old
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I can see 72 hour days is just an excuse to go 3 times as slow.
UT
3 times more scum hunting, actually.
__________________
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

:thanked:
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
divagreen's Avatar
divagreen divagreen is offline
hopelessly incredibly selfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US of A
Gender: Female
Posts: MCXXXIX
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I can see 72 hour days is just an excuse to go 3 times as slow.
UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
lyrical
Quote:
Originally Posted by uselesstwit View Post
hi all

lyrical
I am interested in these votes because I think players from Rationalia have the impression that the seer will be directed to view this players as mayor and they are following the custom on voting for a good/threatening player, but I don't think :ff: has really ever perceived mayors as needed to viewed. For the most part I think mayors are treated town-friendly here and pretty well trusted after elected. So I ask these players to review their votes with that in mind. If you a choosing those players to be viewed, I am not sure you will get your wish. Why not mayor vote after watching how people actually play?
Wow, Gonzo, you almost sound townish here.

What do you think of Slim so far?
__________________
Currently suffering from Cassandra's curse.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
divagreen's Avatar
divagreen divagreen is offline
hopelessly incredibly selfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US of A
Gender: Female
Posts: MCXXXIX
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

And Mantis and UT?
__________________
Currently suffering from Cassandra's curse.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
divagreen's Avatar
divagreen divagreen is offline
hopelessly incredibly selfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US of A
Gender: Female
Posts: MCXXXIX
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Also I would like to hear from Elouise. I think she and Adam are the only ones who have not checked in so far.
__________________
Currently suffering from Cassandra's curse.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

I'm on the longest mafia losing streak I've had yet (3 in a row :() so like I've been saying, I want to try to implement what I've learned about pro-town game play into this game and stop screwing everything up. The last time I was town I outed as a special and pretty much suicided at the hands of the scum. I've decided I will never claim ever again in any game I play and trying to modify my game play as far as scum hunting/ pro-town gameplay goes. Wish me luck, here.

slim usually starts out slow, joke-votes, self-voting, and telling that adem story seem pretty typical of him in every game, so I can't read it either way. Last game (Super Mario Party) he self-voted, but there was an incentive for that and he could have helped the town doing it. Here I don't see how it is helpful to self vote, other than getting himself some attention. I don't think scum are trying to get noticed right off the bat, so it could just be town slim.
__________________
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

:thanked:
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

I have nothing to say for Mantis or UT, other than that I think they should vote more. I think votes for lyrical as mayor are customary and easy to hide behind, especially as early drive-by votes.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

*post more, but voting is goo, too :thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

*good, not goo :glare:
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

I'm pretty sus of you, though, diva. I really don't understand your votes so far, both of which are just defensive (which is called flailing).
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
divagreen's Avatar
divagreen divagreen is offline
hopelessly incredibly selfish
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US of A
Gender: Female
Posts: MCXXXIX
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I'm on the longest mafia losing streak I've had yet (3 in a row :() so like I've been saying, I want to try to implement what I've learned about pro-town game play into this game and stop screwing everything up. The last time I was town I outed as a special and pretty much suicided at the hands of the scum. I've decided I will never claim ever again in any game I play and trying to modify my game play as far as scum hunting/ pro-town gameplay goes. Wish me luck, here.

slim usually starts out slow, joke-votes, self-voting, and telling that adem story seem pretty typical of him in every game, so I can't read it either way. Last game (Super Mario Party) he self-voted, but there was an incentive for that and he could have helped the town doing it. Here I don't see how it is helpful to self vote, other than getting himself some attention. I don't think scum are trying to get noticed right off the bat, so it could just be town slim.
I disagree about Slim, I got a town read on him right off the bat in the last game which is the only game I ever played with him.

I am not getting it from this game. It isn't his self-mayor vote it is his lack of getting into the thick of things.

And you need to derail your whole trolley-tracking on me.
__________________
Currently suffering from Cassandra's curse.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Daphne Girl's Avatar
Daphne Girl Daphne Girl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: DXXXV
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Gonzo- I am liking you so far this game. I just wish you weren't so hard on Diva. I am off to get some Christmas shopping done. Hopefully by the time I get back, everyone will have had time to check in.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Checking in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
I can see 72 hour days is just an excuse to go 3 times as slow.
UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Jerome, what are the main reasons anyone votes for mayor around here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
Good Morning, everyone.
Just wanted to check in before work.

Though not enough to go on, I saw this post by diva as looking rather townish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Jerome, what are the main reasons anyone votes for mayor around here?
Out of all the people on here I find it odd that you are asking Jerome. :unsure:
I will check back later.
Funny, my immediate reaction was quite the opposite.
I asked Jerome because he was the first to mayor vote.
And I know of Jerome only vaguely. So, no, it;s not funny I ask that.

Diva

Let's get this show on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
Evening people. Great to see so many new faces.

MZ, there is no real reason behind a mayor vote here. We usually pick Crumb just because. But he isn't playing so my next pick would be slim but he has already voted for himself so I'll think about that for a while.

I can't remember a game here where the half vote has meant anything though. Did it happen last game or was it the time cutoff that decided the Daphne non-lynch.

Oh yeah, we never make Adem the mayor. Never.


Okay, it's late, I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow and nothing has happened so far. I'll be back in the morning.

No mayor vote from me and no lynch vote.
Ok, thanks.

Site specific memes are useful info.
What would happen if Adem was mayor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
But I did ask Jerome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicziggy View Post
Feel free to create the topic of discussion that will enable us to put scum under pressure. I chose the mayor vote. It's obvious.
I disagree, I don't think discussion of mayor voting is very helpful for the town and I say that from experience. I think it is mostly a distraction from scum hunting and lynch voting because nothing is really at stake. If the scum can get the town sidetracked with who should be mayor, they don't have to worry about directing the lynch vote so much, which is why I find it strange almost every post you made is about the mayorship and why I am going to put my first vote on you.

vote mz
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I think it is mostly a distraction from scum hunting and lynch voting because nothing is really at stake.
Nothing is at stake, as far as day one lynching goes, I don't mean to make the mayor position seem unimportant, just not nearly as important as scumhunting and making a successful lynch.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

on second thought, raven prolly elects the mayor before the lynch. I always confuse it in my head and think the mayor is elected after the lynch.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Gonzo's Avatar
Gonzo Gonzo is offline
It's however you interpret the question...
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Gender: Bender
Posts: VMMMCDXLV
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Either way, I don't think MZ has even attempted scumhunting so far, and I don't consider teasing diva to be very helpful no matter how fun it is. :muahaha:
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
I said, FROM WHAT I GATHERED FROM THE LAST GAME THEY DON'T TYPICALLY DO MAYORS.
We've played so few timed games here that the subject rarely comes up. When I said I hadn't played much with a mayor, a lot of that was down to, until very recently, virtually all the timed games here being ones that I had run.

Quote:
And good fucking grief. Can we not spend all day agonsing over the freaking mayor vote cos we did that in the last game and it did not turn out so well.
This. It's a little different in a game like Gonzo's SMB game, or my LotR game, where the mayor gets extra powers, but when it's just down to a tie breaker, let's just pick someone, any seer(s) out there can take that as a suggestion for who they might view, and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
You tell that story a lot, but I was not aware that Adem had a different win condition than us until now. :stunned:
:lol: For real, all this time you've been assuming I just straight stabbed slim in the back because I'm that much of a bastard? I'm sort of flattered.
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Deadlokd (12-14-2011)
  #73  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
slimshady2357's Avatar
slimshady2357 slimshady2357 is offline
forever in search of dill pickle doritos
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MVCMXXXI
Blog Entries: 6
Images: 52
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady2357 View Post
Adam cannot be mayor because Adam cannot be trusted, he's a backstabbing cock :glare:

Slim I would like to see some of that super duper towniness that I picked up early in the last game other than your self mayor vote. :/



Disclaimer: Although I appreciate your sense of humour. :)
Read my first post, 8 hours until done work (i.e. I'm still here).

I'll be able to questions things more thoroughly later tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
The odds are that you are town and I trust your instincts.
For any given person, the odds are that they are town.

Why do you trust her instincts?
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Elder Futhark Mafia - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
on second thought, raven prolly elects the mayor before the lynch. I always confuse it in my head and think the mayor is elected after the lynch.
The tiebreaker should probably be elected before there's a tie needing to be broken, yes. :tmtongue:

I don't follow why you thought that was significant, though.
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 1.08973 seconds with 13 queries