Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 01-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

Yesterday, I realized that we need to buy some toilet paper soon, so last night, I had a dream where our next door neighbors came over to ask us to please get our giant flat of toilet paper out of their garage because they were having a memorial service for a friend of theirs who had died. They'd put up a portrait of her on Lookout Mountain, and they also had a toy exchange in the garage where you could get a check for $19.30 for each stuffed animal you exchanged.

Man, that flat of toilet paper, though! It wasn't just one kind, like you were probably imagining. It was mostly the Costco kind we usually get, but there were also a bunch of loose rolls of other kinds, like the colored kind from the 70s, and the gigantic weird kind like they have in public bathrooms and stuff. Toilet paper for every occasion!

So this morning, for a brief moment, I thought I didn't have to go to Costco because I'd found all that toilet paper, before I remembered that no, it was all just a crazy dream. :sigh:
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (02-07-2015), BrotherMan (01-09-2015), But (01-10-2015), Crumb (01-09-2015), Ensign Steve (01-09-2015), Janet (01-10-2015), Sock Puppet (01-12-2015), Stormlight (03-06-2015)
Old 01-09-2015, 08:50 PM
A fellow sophisticate

So now you have to go out in a blizzard to get toilet paper. Damned neighbors!
Janet (01-10-2015), lisarea (01-09-2015), Stormlight (03-06-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Forum Killer

There was much more to this dream but I can't remember it. It involved my dad somehow. What I can remember, it was some sort of self-help seminar in a big concrete gymnasium like a highschool's. Lots of the audience carried birds for reasons I did not know and was afraid to ask for fear of looking stupid for showing up without my bird. They were mostly little ones, budgies and parrots things. Except for this guy who had a guinea hen but called it a 'pumpkin turkey'.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

Not so much a weird dream as an annoying one. I dreamed I was working on the website redesign product that's been annoying me. Only I wasn't working with the team, just one other librarian and one of our really annoying patrons. I am still bitter about the unfairness of having that invade my sleep.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (02-10-2015), Ensign Steve (02-08-2015), JoeP (02-07-2015), lisarea (02-06-2015), Sock Puppet (02-09-2015), Stormlight (03-06-2015)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 PM
A fellow sophisticate

This morning, I awoke from a dream...

I was still employed in the same position as I am now, but the company was moving us to a new building. I was to get my own cubicle in the move. The problem was, the company hired Sarah Palin, and she was to be in the cubicle next to mine. She was very nice and friendly, but ditzy, brainless. She was, however, very nice to look at. To listen to, not so much. I met a lot of new employees in the next few weeks, then we had to relocate to the newly remodeled facility made just for the pipeline control department.

My cubicle was still right next to Sarah Palin. I met a couple of new guys. We all went out on the town one evening. While out bar hopping, we met up with Katie Couric, who took an instant liking to me. Katie and I danced the tango, and also the Charleston. While we were dancing the Charleston, Lance Armstrong rode by by on his bicycle. The very drunk Katie Couric started yelling at Armstrong, and said to me, "Lance never danced with me. I love you." Vomit.

Then I woke up.
BrotherMan (03-05-2015), Janet (03-07-2015), JoeP (03-06-2015), SharonDee (03-05-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Solipsist

This is not the same ending as the one you posted on bookface. Which one is more embellished for comic effect?

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 03-06-2015, 02:56 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Farcebook was for comic effect.
JoeP (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Solipsist

I'm glad you hold :ff: to higher standard of truthiness :cheerful:

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (03-06-2015), Dingfod (03-06-2015), Janet (03-07-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

:frysees:
Old 03-06-2015, 11:35 PM
A fellow sophisticate

This is what I get for having friends on more than one social media site.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Solipsist

There's a lesson here, I'm sure.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:00 PM
A fellow sophisticate

<unfriend>
Old 03-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Solipsist

Ignore user

Thanks, from:
But (12-25-2017)
Old 03-07-2015, 05:22 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Damn. I had an incredibly detailed and weird dream a couple of hours ago, but now I can't remember it. I should have written it down. It involved replacing a valve on the central heating (I think it also processed wastewater or something at the same time) in a university building, a tiny hippopotamus and other stuff.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (03-07-2015), Janet (03-07-2015), lisarea (03-07-2015)
Old 03-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

I dreamed last week that I was at Mick's parents' house in Detroit with him. I think he was going to have some repairs or something, because he was showing it to another man we didn't know. A swarm of hornets came flying out from a nest under the eaves above the porch. I ran to the white van I was driving (for no apparent reason). I kept being unable to reach the door to close it before more hornets got in. I got most of them out, but couldn't get the door closed and a group flew in. That's when I woke up. Ugh
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-07-2015), lisarea (03-07-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Forum Killer

Last night in weird dream theater: I was cutting shapes out of pictures and they became real. I cut out an apple and it became an apple. I cut out an egg and it became an egg. Then I cut out a snake. Bad idea.

I was curiously unalarmed about it. The kind of "oh, darn." you feel after you've dropped your keys on the floor.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 PM

I dreamed I was dating comedian Ron White. He was chewing me out for being a slob when his wife came in and wanted to know if I were going to steal her husband. Hell no, I was stealing his convertible, so I did. Turned out the keys to one of my cars fit his. Vroom!
Dingfod (03-24-2015), Janet (03-24-2015), Sock Puppet (03-23-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 07:12 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I dreamed Donny, my best friend since Junior High, made the news because he built a motorcycle that had balls instead of wheels. It was like this one built by students at San Jose State, but with Art Deco bodywork covering it, a la the Henderson Custom below that.

I had to go visit Donny, to see this creation of his. Donny and his wife were living in a pickup truck camper that was like the TARDIS in that is was huge inside, but regular-sized on the outside. It was a mess inside, just like their house always is. Donny let me ride his new contraption. It wasn't omni-directional like the one from SJS, but it was a little squirrely to ride. They were camped in a driveway of a house on a curved street. I rode down to the end of the street with the intent of getting on the highway. At the end of the street, parked in the shadows of two huge cedar trees was a 1969 Chevelle, whose occupants were conversing with an Elvis Presley-looking dude on a Harley, wearing rolled up jeans and a white t-shirt. They were blocking the road. I turned around and went the other way around. I rode around town for a while, figuring they would be gone by then, turned into that end of the street. They were still there. I started to turn around, but the Elvis impersonator guy yelled out that he wanted to look the spherical-wheeled bike over, that he would move so I could pass. I pulled up and stopped. He walked around it, I turned around on the seat to talk with the girls in the Chevelle. He pushed a button on the spherical-wheeled bike's dash, the engine started and it took off at high speed, with me facing backwards. I grabbed the handlebars, but was unable to find the kill switch. The bike went straight off the curve, through some yards, went airborne after hitting a ditch. It hit the corner of a house right by its garage at about 100 mph, I flew up into the air, hitting and bouncing over the roof, landing in the deep end of the swimming pool in the backyard.

...then I awoke from the somewhat realistic dream.
Corona688 (03-27-2015), Janet (03-27-2015), JoeP (03-28-2015), lisarea (03-28-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 02:01 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

Dreamed I saved a baby plesiosaur from fishing attempts, then had to rescue it from government researchers that planned to kill and dissect it. It was about 8 feet long or so, with a very stout neck on it, and a short tail. The paddle limbs were about 30 inches long or so, it was dark blue like a bonito, and the baby bonded with me. In the escape attempt, we had to dodge mechanical ocean energy catchers lined up in a grid on the ocean, swim in sewers and scramble over ice and through a small city, and eventually part after reaching open water. When I couldn't swim with it, I used a whistle-hum to allow the baby to locate me when I was running above it on streets while it swam the sewers.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (04-12-2015), Corona688 (03-29-2015), Dingfod (03-28-2015), Janet (03-28-2015), JoeP (03-28-2015), lisarea (03-28-2015), livius drusus (04-27-2015), Sock Puppet (03-30-2015)
Old 03-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Solipsist

That is an awesome dream

Old 04-12-2015, 05:49 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I dreamed my eldest daughter received a rejection letter from Weeki Wachee Springs. It was a very nice personal letter (it did not seem like a form letter) thanking her for her visiting Weeki Wachee Springs and applying for a job as a Weeki Wachee Mermaid, and that they were sorry there were no current openings for mermaids. The letter and the envelope had colorful aquatic themed borders with the Weeki Wachee Springs logo. The return address on the envelope was a P.O. Box in Tarpon Springs, FL. Please note that I have never even stepped foot in Florida, nor consciously knew that Tarpon Springs is near (<30 miles) Weeki Wachee Springs.
JoeP (04-12-2015), lisarea (04-18-2015), S.Vashti (04-13-2015), Ymir's blood (04-13-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 12:40 AM
A fellow sophisticate

I dreamed that a grand construction scheme was underway to drain parts of the Gulf of Mexico. The Intracoastal Waterway had been widened to three or four miles wide, and large levees constructed. Rivers west of the Mississippi had been diverted to flow into the improved ICW and to the Mississippi River outlet. Rivers to the east were diverted to ICW canals connected to a new trans-Florida canal to the Atlantic. A massive dam was under construction from South Texas to the Mississippi Delta, out along the rim of the Continental Shelf. Later, a similar dam would be constructed from the Mississippi to the Florida Keys. The purpose of this project was to provide access strategic mineral deposits and to open fertile new lands for farming, lands which would be as low in elevation as the Dead Sea (-1401').

Damn, that's a tall dam. However, it's not as high as One World Trade Center tower, so I guess it would be technically feasible, just very expensive. The Rogun Dam in Tajikistan will be 1100 feet high when completed.
Corona688 (04-26-2015), JoeP (04-18-2015), lisarea (04-18-2015), S.Vashti (04-18-2015), Ymir's blood (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

I had a dream that my roommate and I were stopped by a pair of street proselytizers. One of them told me that the right type of Christian wouldn't be drinking Dr Pepper (which I was drinking), so I said, "well then I guess I won't be that type of Christian" and kept on walking. But my roommate stayed behind.

Later, my roommate catches up to me and he has a pug puppy with him. Because the preacher was also randomly handing out free puppies. It's really cute, but I have to remind my roommate that we're not allowed to keep pets and also ask if he really wants a dog for years because I didn't know that he liked dogs that much. He's like "oh... right."

That is all.
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (04-25-2015), JoeP (04-18-2015), lisarea (04-24-2015), Nullifidian (05-07-2015), Sock Puppet (04-20-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 01:52 PM
angry white woman

I was sick the other day with a pounding migraine and probably allergies and I couldn't lift my head off the bed. So I called in sick to work and went back to sleep. With my pounding headache in the background, I dreamed that I was sitting next to a doctor I know and he happened to see some microscopic bacterial bug or something fall onto my arm. He told me it was deadly and go get it checked out. I tried to shake it off my arm and he said no that makes it worse. So I went to the doctor and they tested my blood and said I had a bacterial blood infection. I asked what could be done about it? The doctor (female) said, 'nothing'. I said 'so I am gonna die?' and she started laughing and said yes. I asked how long I had and it would it be painful and they just walked out of the room.

So there I am laying in bed feeling as though I am dying and then I dream that I am dying.
ceptimus (04-25-2015), lisarea (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 02:11 PM
A fellow sophisticate

You're okay as you didn't die in your dream.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium