Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 12-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

UNbelievable!

A Glimpse into the Scary World of Vaccine Adjuvants - Vaccine Choice Canada

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-11-2017, 02:16 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
What propaganda are you spewing now? The amount of aluminum being given to babies during the first day of their little lives did not occur in the 1930s. Who are you trying to fool But? Iím sure not these savvy newcomers. :laugh:
Yes, we should listen more to people from Andromeda who stuff bleach in their butthole instead of the Center for Disease Control.

:yup:
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (12-11-2017), The Man (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
What propaganda are you spewing now? The amount of aluminum being given to babies during the first day of their little lives did not occur in the 1930s. Who are you trying to fool But? I’m sure not these savvy newcomers. :laugh:
Yes, we should listen more to people from Andromeda who stuff bleach in their butthole instead of the Center for Disease Control.

:yup:
When all else fails you resort to the same memes over and over, as if no one notices. :giggle:

For your protection: The lies and deception of the CDC

Christina England
Natural Blaze
Sat, 13 Sep 2014

Over the years, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has repeatedly deceived and lied to the public, yet they continue to state that their mission is to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S.

They boldly announce on their website that the "CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation's health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise," and yet there is more and more evidence to suggest that their so called 'scientific evidence' has been skewed and deliberately tampered with to gain the desired results. [1]

During the course of this article, I am going to give five recent examples of CDC fraud or deception. Each one of my examples will demonstrate when the CDC has deliberately altered or withheld scientific evidence in a bid to misinform the public.

Example #1: CDC Whistleblower Announces That the MMR Vaccine Causes Autism

Last month, Dr. Andrew Wakefield revealed that, during telephone conversations between biochemist Brian Hooker and a CDC whistleblower, later named as William Thompson, Thompson admitted that the CDC had deliberately withheld crucial evidence proving that the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine caused autism.

Dr. Thompson told Dr. Hooker that, in 2003, research carried out by the CDC in Atlanta, Georgia, revealed that when African-American boys under the age of 36 months were given the MMR vaccine, the rate of autism in this group rose by 340 percent.

In a desperate bid to cover up this tragedy, the CDC decided to fix the data and eliminated all African-American boys without a Georgia birth certificate. In doing so, the number of children suffering from autism caused by the vaccine reduced significantly, giving the CDC the results they desired.

In an article sourced from Focus Autism Foundation, referenced by Roger Landry, founder of The Liberty Beacon, the authors stated:

According to Dr. Hooker, the CDC whistleblower informant - who wishes to remain anonymous (since named as William Thompson) - guided him to evidence that a statistically significant relationship between the age the MMR vaccine was first given and autism incidence in African-American boys was hidden by CDC researchers. After data were gathered on 2,583 children living in Atlanta, Georgia who were born between 1986 and 1993, CDC researchers excluded children that did not have a valid State of Georgia birth certificate - reducing the sample size being studied by 41%. Hooker explains that by introducing this arbitrary criteria into the analysis, the cohort size was sharply reduced, eliminating the statistical power of the findings and negating the strong MMR-autism link in African American boys. [2] On August 27, 2014, William Thompson, PhD, issued this statement. He wrote:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE-AUGUST 27, 2014
STATEMENT OF WILLIAM W. THOMPSON, Ph.D., REGARDING THE 2004 ARTICLE EXAMINING THE POSSIBILITY OF A RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MMR VACCINE AND AUTISM

My name is William Thompson. I am a Senior Scientist with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where I have worked since 1998.

I regret that my co-authors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.

I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits.

My concern has been the decision to omit relevant findings in a particular study for a particular sub* group for a particular vaccine. There have always been recognized risks for vaccination and I believe it is the responsibility of the CDC to properly convey the risks associated with receipt of those vaccines.

He continued:
I have had many discussions with Dr. Brian Hooker over the last 10 months regarding studies the CDC has carried out regarding vaccines and neurodevelopmental outcomes including autism spectrum disorders. I share his belief that CDC decision-making and analyses should be transparent. I was not, however, aware that he was recording any of our conversations, nor was I given any choice regarding whether my name would be made public or my voice would be put on the Internet. [3]

In other words, if Dr. Hooker had not had the tenacity and foresight to record those telephone calls, lifting the lid on the CDC's deception, it is unlikely that this information would have ever been made public.

cont. at: For your protection: The lies and deception of the CDC -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-11-2017, 07:24 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl: what newcomers? Who? What are you talking about?
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-11-2017), The Man (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Thompson, Ph.D., who anti-vaxxers lovingly (and falsely) call the "CDC Whistleblower"
I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits.
In the interest of remaining fully cognizant of the idiocy we're dealing with, peacegirl believes that Dr. Thompson wrote the above-quoted statement because he feared being murdered by Big Pharma. :yup:

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
But (12-11-2017), ChuckF (12-11-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), The Man (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:

In an article sourced from Focus Autism Foundation, referenced by Roger Landry, founder of The Liberty Beacon, the authors stated:
:lol: @ The Liberty Beacon
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-11-2017), ChuckF (12-11-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-11-2017), The Man (12-11-2017), Vivisectus (12-13-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 11:26 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

The Liberty Beacon! Everybody drink! :unrevel:

peacegirl, do you agree with The Liberty Beacon that Seymour Lessans was wrong and "the Holocaust of Six Million Jews is a Hoax?"
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-11-2017), But (12-12-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-12-2017), The Man (12-12-2017), Vivisectus (12-13-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:

:lol: @ The Liberty Beacon
Itís so easy to give non-answers and to simply attack a source without a real justification. This should give all of the newcomers pause in terms of who to trust.

CDC Scientist Still Maintains Agency Forced Researchers To Lie About Safety Of Mercury Based Vaccines - The Ring of Fire Network

Old 12-12-2017, 03:10 AM
Refreshingly Stupid

:lol:

Keep fucking that chicken, anti-vax dipshits.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Old 12-12-2017, 03:15 AM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
The Liberty Beacon! Everybody drink! :unrevel:

peacegirl, do you agree with The Liberty Beacon that Seymour Lessans was wrong and "the Holocaust of Six Million Jews is a Hoax?"
This is perplexing. On the one hand, Seymour Lessans was the humblest of beings who always admitted when he was wrong. Since he never admitted error regarding his claim that Hitler killed 6 million Jews, he was right.

On the other hand, Liberty Beacon is an unimpeachable source according to peacegirl, and their assertion that "the Holocaust of Six Million Jews is a Hoax" stems from the International Red Cross. Thus, Lessans was wrong.

Oh my. We're really in a pickle now. :dpickle:

Thanks, from:
But (12-12-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), The Man (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 03:17 AM

Injecting Aluminum

Old 12-12-2017, 04:21 PM

Dr. Lewis is spot on.

Amazon.com: Science for Sale: How the US Government Uses Powerful Corporations and Leading Universities to Support Government Policies, Silence Top Scientists, Jeopardize Our Health, and Protect Corporate Profits eBook: David L. Lewis: Kindle Store

Old 12-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:

:yup: So true!
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (12-12-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-12-2017), The Man (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:

This comment makes you feel so vindicated. You can rest assured that no matter what the CDC says, they are looking out for your kids. If you’re that sure, why come to this thread? Because you want to make sure people don’t listen to the concerns of respected researchers? You don’t give people credit for making up their own minds, do you? Parents will make the best possible choice for their children and you can’t stop that. You can put down, name call, laugh at, all of the antivaxxers who don’t think the benefits outweigh the risks given the expanding vaccine schedule and the chronic illnesses that are cropping up. but you will lose all your credibility as an unbiased investigator..

Old 12-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This comment makes you feel so vindicated. You can rest assured that no matter what the CDC says, they are looking out for your kids. If youíre that sure, why come to this thread? Because you want to make sure people donít listen to the concerns of respected researchers? You donít give people credit for making up their own minds, do you? Parents will make the best possible choice for their children and you canít stop that. You can put down, name call, laugh at, all of the antivaxxers who donít think the benefits outweigh the risks given the expanding vaccine schedule and the chronic illnesses that are cropping up. but you will lose all your credibility as an unbiased investigator..
I said it tongue and cheek. I would see it instantly because the object of the object we would be imperceptible), but he wouldn't see an image of all evil that chuck is boasting at finding. I'm happy if he is smelling in order to understand what i'm trying to understand these principles and see why this is only because there aren't enough photons to get their children and you don't have to remember that the photons are at the external world.

You just don't get it, nor will you even have a physical problem, that's a different venue, you wouldn't come off this way but you're so sure he was wrong by how others are reacting that you respect endorses this book, you won't be answering me with the price of eggs.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (12-12-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-12-2017), The Man (12-13-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 11:14 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

A rolling pudding gathers no proof in wolf's clothing. :yup:

Thanks, from:
But (12-12-2017), ChuckF (12-13-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), The Man (12-13-2017), Vivisectus (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 01:37 AM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Because you want to make sure people donít listen to the concerns of respected researchers?
I want people to listen to the respected researchers, because the respected researchers are all pro-vaccine.

Wakefield is a disgraced researcher, stripped of his medical license due to his unethical experimentation on children.

This Dr. David Lewis is more interesting. He's a well-enough respected microbiologist. I'm actually pretty impressed with his past career as a government researcher, testifying against using biosolids (i.e. raw sewage) as fertilizer.

Unfortunately, he has ventured into the Wakefield case because he has an autistic child. Even though he's a microbiologist, he's venturing outside his own expertise in the Wakefield studies. The BMJ has already reviewed the "new evidence" provided by Lewis, because it's not actually new, and doesn't show what he claims. It's all in the BMJ links I provided earlier.
Thanks, from:
But (12-13-2017), ChuckF (12-13-2017), chunksmediocrites (12-13-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-14-2017), The Man (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This comment makes you feel so vindicated. You can rest assured that no matter what the CDC says, they are looking out for your kids. If youíre that sure, why come to this thread? Because you want to make sure people donít listen to the concerns of respected researchers? You donít give people credit for making up their own minds, do you? Parents will make the best possible choice for their children and you canít stop that. You can put down, name call, laugh at, all of the antivaxxers who donít think the benefits outweigh the risks given the expanding vaccine schedule and the chronic illnesses that are cropping up. but you will lose all your credibility as an unbiased investigator..
I said it tongue and cheek. I would see it instantly because the object of the object we would be imperceptible), but he wouldn't see an image of all evil that chuck is boasting at finding. I'm happy if he is smelling in order to understand what i'm trying to understand these principles and see why this is only because there aren't enough photons to get their children and you don't have to remember that the photons are at the external world.

You just don't get it, nor will you even have a physical problem, that's a different venue, you wouldn't come off this way but you're so sure he was wrong by how others are reacting that you respect endorses this book, you won't be answering me with the price of eggs.
Keep making fun. The joke will be on you! :yup:

Old 12-13-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Because you want to make sure people don’t listen to the concerns of respected researchers?
I want people to listen to the respected researchers, because the respected researchers are all pro-vaccine.

Wakefield is a disgraced researcher, stripped of his medical license due to his unethical experimentation on children.

This Dr. David Lewis is more interesting. He's a well-enough respected microbiologist. I'm actually pretty impressed with his past career as a government researcher, testifying against using biosolids (i.e. raw sewage) as fertilizer.

Unfortunately, he has ventured into the Wakefield case because he has an autistic child. Even though he's a microbiologist, he's venturing outside his own expertise in the Wakefield studies. The BMJ has already reviewed the "new evidence" provided by Lewis, because it's not actually new, and doesn't show what he claims. It's all in the BMJ links I provided earlier.
Do you think the BMJ was perfectly pure in their motives? Think again. :think:

Doctor Andrew Wakefield: Hero or Quack?

<skip>

Who Exactly Is Dr. Andrew Wakefield, And What Happened To Him?

Dr. Andrew Wakefield is a gastroenterologist who witnessed the connection between the MMR vaccination with autism and specific gastrointestinal tract health issues. He recommended that his patients get the vaccinations separately instead of receiving the MMR vaccine as a combination vaccination. He did not initially speak out against vaccinations.

In 1998, Wakefield, along with his colleague Professor John Walker-Smith, formally reported in The Lancet medical journal case studies involving 12 patients who experienced the connection between autism and a particular syndrome of GI symptoms. Wakefield and Smith also shared that parents reported that the autism diagnosis followed the MMR vaccine. [3-5]

Journalist Brian Deer, in 2004 published articles in the British Medical Journal accusing Wakefield and Smith of fraud. Both Wakefield and John Walker-Smith were later barred on January 28, 2010, from practicing medicine by the United Kingdom’s General Medical Council. [6-8] The Lancet retracted the work of Wakefield and Smith, following the removal of their medical licenses.

Interestingly, both the British Medical Journal and The Lancet have strong ties to the pharmaceutical company which manufactures the MMR vaccine. [9]

cont. at: Doctor Andrew Wakefield: Hero or Quack? ⋆ VacTruth.com

Old 12-13-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
He's a lying fraud who did medical experiments on children without independent ethical oversight, manipulated his data, failed to disclose a huge conflict of interest and tried to sell his own vaccine. What happened to him is that he got his medical license taken away.
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (12-14-2017), The Man (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
He's a lying fraud who did medical experiments on children without independent ethical oversight, manipulated his data, failed to disclose a huge conflict of interest and tried to sell his own vaccine. What happened to him is that he got his medical license taken away.
You're wrong. Why didn't you address my previous post regarding the BMJ and Lancet ties to the pharmaceutical industry (i.e., Merck)? Don't you think that's a pretty important disclosure?

BMJ & the Lancet Wedded to Merck CME Partnership

MSD [Merck Sharp & Dohme Ltd] Signs Partnership With BMJ Group
Is it just conceivably possible, that the BMJ’s decision to commission and publish Brian Deer’s series of articles attacking Dr. Andrew Wakefield’s personal and scientific integrity–and lend its unwavering editorial endorsement–without giving him an opportunity to defend himself–might be influenced by a SIGNIFICANT financial conflict of interest?

cont. at: BMJ & the Lancet Wedded to Merck CME Partnership | AHRP

Last edited by peacegirl; 12-13-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:44 PM

Reviews
TV
Dispatches. MMR: What They Didn't Tell You
BMJ 2004; 329 doi: Attention Required! | Cloudflare (Published 25 November 2004)

Patent allegation patently false: what C4 and Sunday Times didn't tell you

Dear Sir,

MORE TOSH IN WAKEFIELD WITCHHUNT

Who checked the facts at the Sunday Times and Channel 4 before these
allegations (1) were made? If Wakefield was in
it for the money, he needed to keep his mouth shut about MMR instead of
speaking out as he did in 1998 on behalf of seriously damage
children. Read on here to find out why. There is also more detailed information from Wakefield himself at MMR: The Questions website.

What is worse is that there is even more science published in the
past two months showing Wakefield is right and the government and medical establishment is wrong. This includes papers
from Johns Hopkins and The Royal Free and the trashing of the weak epidemiology the government has bet the ranch on.

cont. at: http://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/20...didnt-tell-you

Old 12-13-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're wrong.
I'm not. Those are facts.
Thanks, from:
The Man (12-13-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're wrong.
I'm not. Those are facts.
I know that's what you want to believe. That way you don't have to question whether your obvious bias is getting in the way. :rolleyes:

Issues Raised by the Sunday Times and the Channel 4 Dispatches Programme

A statement by Dr Andrew Wakefield http://www.mmrthequestions.com/ (this website is not working any more so I had to paste his entire response)

The Sunday Times and the Dispatches programme of 18th November raise a number of issues in relation to MMR, autism and events at the Royal Free Hospital. Since many of the claims by journalist Brian Deer have been demonstrably false and there in no objectivity in the manner of their intended portrayal, I declined to participate in any way in the making of the Dispatches programme. In addition, vulnerable parents have complained of being "tricked" into participating in the programme. I was not invited to comment on the Sunday Times article prior to its publication.

The claim appears to be that, whilst at the Royal Free Hospital, I was developing a new vaccine to compete with MMR and that I conspired to undermine confidence in MMR vaccine in order to promote this new vaccine, and that this represented a conflict of interest. This is untrue. The facts are that:
no vaccine or anything resembling a vaccine was ever designed, developed or tested by me or by any of my colleagues at the Royal Free Hospital;
it has never been my aim or intention to design, produce or promote a vaccine to compete with MMR;
my genuine concerns about the safety of MMR are wholly unrelated to any desire or opportunity to develop a competing vaccine;
there was no conspiracy as insinuated by the Sunday Times article;
there was no conflict or interest, actual or perceived.
In contrast, it was our intention, at one stage, to conduct a formal therapeutic clinical trial of a compound that might have the ability to promote the body’s immune response to measles in order to assess the effects of this therapy upon the disease in children with regressive autism and bowel disease. This compound is known as Transfer Factor and whilst there is a large scientific literature on this subject, the nature and mechanism of action of Transfer Factors are largely unknown.

The Transfer Factor that was intended for use in the trial was to be against measles virus. I have urged and continue to urge parents to have their children vaccinated against measles using the current vaccines. This would be in direct conflict with the intentions that are part of the claim that I was developing a new vaccine to bring onto the market. Whether a Transfer Factor could ever protect children against measles is entirely speculative and is something that was never studied or pursued by me or any of my colleagues.

The Channel 4 programme implies commercial aspirations for personal gain. In fact, the aim of the patent was to generate funding for the research programme and a new Centre for Gastroenterology at the Royal Free Hospital. This can be substantiated by contemporaneous documentation.

The patent application was motivated by two main factors. First, it was felt that there may be difficulty in raising traditional grant funding for cutting edge, controversial work that was vulnerable by virtue of the fact that it might conflict with perceived wisdom and the commercial interests of others. Secondly, there was, and is, a government-led emphasis on commercial exploitation of discoveries within the medical school.

Transfer Factor (TF)

A clinical trial of measles-virus specific transfer factor was planned in order to determine whether there was benefit to children with regressive autism and inflammatory bowel disease.
It is not known at this stage whether this therapy would work. The purpose of the trial was to start to answer exactly this question as well as to monitor the safety of TF in these children.
This was a treatment trial, not a vaccine trial.
A trial of TF was based upon an extensive scientific literature, demonstrating safety and efficacy of TF in different diseases. I consulted widely with experts in the UK and US on the history and scientific background to TF both prior to and in the planning of the trial.
The protocol was extensively peer-reviewed with written endorsement from experts in the UK and US. The trial protocol was submitted to, and subsequently approved by, the Ethical Practices Committee of the Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust.
The trial protocol was approved by the participating physicians.
The trial was funded by charitable foundations after independent peer-review.
The trial was cancelled due, in part, to my departure from the Royal Free.
The Patent

A provisional patent filing was made for the use of measles virus-specific TF in regressive autism and inflammatory bowel disease (Regressive Bowel Disease; RBD).
The reference to the possible use of TF to protect children against measles infection – the thrust of the Sunday Times’ conspiracy theory – was put in as an afterthought in the patent. It was entirely speculative and never pursued in any shape, manner or form.
The provisional patent filing was entirely speculative and was for a possible therapy; as such, it had no bearing on the 1998 Lancet paper. It constituted no potential conflict until the patent was awarded. When the patent was later awarded, this fact was communicated directly to the Editor of the Lancet in order that it might accompany a letter, written in response to a paper by Taylor et al that claimed to find no evidence of a link between MMR vaccine and autism. The editor did not consider the patent disclosure of sufficient significance to publish it alongside my letter.
Since it was awarded, the patent has been disclosed in relevant publications. The claims have since been abandoned.
Drs Nick Chadwick (NC) and Ian Bruce (IB): measles virus detection in intestinal biopsies.

NC was employed as a post-graduate researcher in my laboratory, studying for a PhD. He investigated various technologies for measles virus detection using gene amplification. Due to problems within the laboratory with contamination and the need for additional expertise, we collaborated with IB at the University of Greenwich. IB and NC developed a technique that increased the sensitivity of measles virus detection over standard methodology from approximately 1 million viral copies in a reaction to 10,000 copies. In other words, even with the enhanced technique, the technology could not detect this virus when present below 10,000 copies.

We published the fact that we could not detect measles virus in Crohn’s disease using this technique. This publication went ahead on my recommendation, despite some resistance to publishing negative data. I considered that failure to publish negative data was inconsistent with good scientific practice and proceeded to publication.

By the time we applied the viral detection technology to the intestinal tissues of children with autism, new and more sensitive technology had come to my attention. This includes the technique of TaqMan PCR and was state-of-the-art technology being used by a few expert centres, including that of Professor John O’Leary (JO’L), then at Cornell University in New York. I went to New York to meet with JO’L. He presented evidence that his technique could detect down to 2 viral copies, compared with NC’s 10,000. The advantages were obvious and the possibility that NC’s results were falsely negative (i.e. that the virus was present in the tissues but at very low levels that NC’s technique could not detect) could now be addressed by the new technology.

Using JO’L’s technology the virus was detected in controlled studies and these results were published. They confirmed that our previous results were falsely negative due to the limitation of the technique we were using. TaqMan PCR, one of the techniques used by JO’L to detect measles virus in the autistic children, is now the gold-standard and the technology used by NC has been abandoned. On entirely scientific grounds I was proven correct on this occasion. The facts stated above can be supported by contemporaneous documentation.

AJW

Old 12-13-2017, 06:00 PM

Andrew Wakefield Timeline

When I was researching Andrew Wakefield’s story I found it incredibly confusing, and eventually I wrote up a timeline of events to help me make sense of it. I’m putting 2 versions of it here (brief and extended timelines) to help anyone else who might be in the same position.

I’ve included a little background on autism, and put a small collection of videos of Andrew speaking at the end – CC

Terms
ASD – Autism Spectrum Disorder
MMR – ‘trivalent’ vaccine, containing vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella. Contains weakened live viruses, and has never contained mercury.
GMC – General Medical Council – body governing doctors in UK
DoH – Department of Health, in UK
CDC – Center for Disease Control and Protection – main government health authority in US
Royal Free – teaching hospital in London, part of University of London, has both clinical and research doctors
EC – the ethics committee at the Royal Free
NHS – National Health Service – health funding provider in the UK
LAB – Legal Aid Board – gov’t funded legal help in UK
Lancet – major medical journal, based in UK – owned by publishing company Elsevier
BMJ – major medical journal, used to be British Medical Journal – owned by the British Medical Association, a professional association and registered trade union for UK doctors
GSK – GlaxoSmithKline – manufacturers of MMR in UK
SKFB – SmithKlineFrench-Beecham – an earlier name for GSK
Merck – manufacturers of MMR in US
IOM – Institute of Medicine (since June 2015 known as National Academy of Medicine) – private body in the US that informs public policy decisions
Vaccine Court – informal name for US ‘National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program’ through which people can receive compensation for vaccine injury. People have been unable to sue vaccine manufacturers in the US, partially since 1986 and fully since 2011.

Players

cont. at: http://vaxinfostarthere.com/andrew-wakefield-timeline/

Last edited by peacegirl; 12-13-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle