Default Re: AGW: Fraud of Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
A neutral panel has confirmed
By "neutral panel" you meant someone tied heavily to government. :doh:

Elizabeth Muller, Founder and Executive Director

Elizabeth is the co-founder and Executive Director of Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature, and CEO of Muller & Associates LLC. Previously, she was Director at Gov3 (now CS Transform) and Executive Director of the Gov3 Foundation. From 2000 to 2005 she was a policy advisor at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).

Elizabeth has advised governments in over 30 countries, in both the developed and developing world. She has extensive experience with stakeholder engagement and communications, especially with regard to technical issues. She developed numerous techniques for bringing government and private actors together to build consensus and implement action plans, and has a proven ability to deliver sustainable change. She has also designed and implemented projects for public sector clients, helping them to build new policies and strategies for government reform and modernization, collaboration across government ministries and agencies, and strategies for the information society.
No, by neutral panel they mean someone like Nobel Prize Winner Perlmutter, who overturned the established theory of cosmology with his evidence. Gee, someone like that must be quite happy to overturn standard explanations if the evidence supports it, don't you think Jerome?

You're turning into a conspiracy nutter to keep your worldview intact. I always think that's a sure sign the worldview is wrong.

Last edited by Dragar; 10-22-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (10-22-2011), SR71 (10-22-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Clutchenheimer

It has nothing to do with J. Soetero's "worldview".
Nullifidian (10-22-2011), SR71 (10-23-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Not as smart as Adam

I know you are all up to speed with everything that happens in Australia so I don't need to tell you that our carbon tax passed the House of Representatives a week or two ago and is now in the Senate. What you may not know is that I had a frank and delightful discussion with a businessman holding an anti-carbon tax sign on a busy street corner in my state's capital city.

Said business man, worried about the effects of a carbon tax took it upon himself to tell passers-by (in print) that the tax would be repealed...sometime. His placard wasn't specific. Oh yes, his business? He was a mortgage broker worried that his clients would be hit hard by the tax. Good, caring man.

So we spoke. We spoke about his erroneous view that fuel was going to be taxed (thus removing the biggest problem for his clients. Well, you'd think so but not by the way he kept repeating it). We spoke about his erroneous view that cabon dioxide was actually good for us (I didn't have the heart to tell him to put a plastic bag over his head and see just how good for him it is. I did inform him that I knew a little of how the human body worked and that CO2 was not that great for us after all). We spoke about how all the trees would thrive with all this carbon dioxide around. We spoke about the differences in the atmosphere, flora and fauna 200 million years ago and today. We spoke about how he didn't even believe in climate change. And we spoke about the fraud case against the IPCC. That was his assertion. His first assertion was that some of the IPCC was being sued for fraud, a sentence later it was most, a sentence after that it was all of them. A quick trip around the Google reveals that Al Gore is being sued for fraud by 30000 scientists. Unfortunately it isn't MSNBC running the story, it isn't even the National Enquirer, it's a bunch of blogheads who don't believe in climate change.

My friend on the street corner averred that the IPCC was being sued by governments. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Jerome (10-22-2011), Nullifidian (10-22-2011), Pan Narrans (10-23-2011), SR71 (10-22-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Fishy mokey

:spotr:

:shit:

Oh, lookit that! It's crap.
Crumb (10-23-2011), Deadlokd (10-22-2011), Nullifidian (10-22-2011), Pan Narrans (10-23-2011), SR71 (10-22-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post

They got to you, too, SR71? :sadno:

--J.D.
NOES!!! Doc, you took the hat off, didn't you? :fuming: C'mon man, what did we say? Don't take the effing hat off, right? Dammit, Doc.
Doctor X (10-22-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
A neutral panel has confirmed
By "neutral panel" you meant someone tied heavily to government. :doh:

Elizabeth Muller, Founder and Executive Director

Elizabeth is the co-founder and Executive Director of Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature, and CEO of Muller & Associates LLC. Previously, she was Director at Gov3 (now CS Transform) and Executive Director of the Gov3 Foundation. From 2000 to 2005 she was a policy advisor at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).

Elizabeth has advised governments in over 30 countries, in both the developed and developing world. She has extensive experience with stakeholder engagement and communications, especially with regard to technical issues. She developed numerous techniques for bringing government and private actors together to build consensus and implement action plans, and has a proven ability to deliver sustainable change. She has also designed and implemented projects for public sector clients, helping them to build new policies and strategies for government reform and modernization, collaboration across government ministries and agencies, and strategies for the information society.
Jerome, draw me a straight line chain of events between this Elizabeth, her motives, and any problems with the data or the conclusions from the data. Otherwise, just SHUT THE FUCK UP because it's just the same old tired bullshit of trying to render the issue in doubt by casting baseless aspersions on the consensus findings.

You can't do it, can you?
Old 10-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Maybe you should ask Spence or Essenhigh or one of those other shills.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
You're turning into a conspiracy nutter to keep your worldview intact.
"Turning"?

--J.D.
Thanks, from:
Dragar (10-22-2011), SR71 (10-22-2011), Watser? (10-22-2011)
Old 10-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
So we spoke. We spoke about his erroneous view that fuel was going to be taxed (thus removing the biggest problem for his clients. Well, you'd think so but not by the way he kept repeating it). We spoke about his erroneous view that cabon dioxide was actually good for us (I didn't have the heart to tell him to put a plastic bag over his head and see just how good for him it is. I did inform him that I knew a little of how the human body worked and that CO2 was not that great for us after all). We spoke about how all the trees would thrive with all this carbon dioxide around. We spoke about the differences in the atmosphere, flora and fauna 200 million years ago and today. We spoke about how he didn't even believe in climate change. And we spoke about the fraud case against the IPCC. That was his assertion. His first assertion was that some of the IPCC was being sued for fraud, a sentence later it was most, a sentence after that it was all of them. A quick trip around the Google reveals that Al Gore is being sued for fraud by 30000 scientists. Unfortunately it isn't MSNBC running the story, it isn't even the National Enquirer, it's a bunch of blogheads who don't believe in climate change.

I enjoyed this story, thanks for the telling. :yup: :cool:
Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
I know you are all up to speed with everything that happens in Australia so I don't need to tell you that our carbon tax passed the House of Representatives a week or two ago and is now in the Senate. What you may not know is that I had a frank and delightful discussion with a businessman holding an anti-carbon tax sign on a busy street corner in my state's capital city.

Said business man, worried about the effects of a carbon tax took it upon himself to tell passers-by (in print) that the tax would be repealed...sometime. His placard wasn't specific. Oh yes, his business? He was a mortgage broker worried that his clients would be hit hard by the tax. Good, caring man.

My friend on the street corner averred that the IPCC was being sued by governments. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Indirectly, our best boy Rick Perry. Not the IPCC per se, but our Environmental Protection Agency. That's because he is stupid, crazy or fibbing, I'm not sure which. I have no idea what the current state of affairs is on this action.
Texas Will Sue the EPA — Environmental Problems and Policies | The Texas Tribune
Deadlokd (10-22-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Skeptic finds he now agrees global warming is real

Quote:
The study of the world's surface temperatures by Richard Muller was partially bankrolled by a foundation connected to global warming deniers. He pursued long-held skeptic theories in analyzing the data. He was spurred to action because of "Climategate," a British scandal involving hacked emails of scientists.

Yet he found that the land is 1.6 degrees warmer than in the 1950s. Those numbers from Muller, who works at the University of California, Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, match those by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA.

One-quarter of the $600,000 to do the research came from the Charles Koch Foundation, whose founder is a major funder of skeptic groups and the tea party. The Koch brothers, Charles and David, run a large privately held company involved in oil and other industries, producing sizable greenhouse gas emissions.
Thanks, from:
Kael (11-01-2011), Pan Narrans (11-02-2011), Qingdai (11-01-2011), SR71 (11-02-2011), Watser? (11-01-2011)
Old 09-15-2023, 03:28 AM
Forum gadfly

I found my first climate related post on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-X View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0th View Post
Hilarious, the emails reveal Jones/UEA et al discussing how to evade FOI *before* a single application had been received.

Willis Eschenbach’s FOI Request « Climate Audit – mirror site
That is hilarious.

- Richard P. Feynman

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences