Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 05-13-2017, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post

May 12, 2017

Study: Unvaccinated Children Healthier Than Vaccinated Kids – Doctors Agree

vaccinated-vs-unvaccinated-children

by Jennifer Margulis, Ph.D.
Health Impact News
:lol:

The study dates back to 2012. In fact, it wasn't a study at all but rather a survey. After years of shopping the "study" around, its principal author thought he had a taker in Frontiers in Public Health. In 2016, FPH shitcanned the "study" almost immediately after approving it for provisional publication.

Undaunted, the principal author split the "study" into two separate "studies" and got them published in what amounts to a skeevy vanity publishing journal. As specious_reasons correctly reported on this very page, even the skeevy vanity journal has now shitcanned the "studies."

Does any of that appear in Jennifer Margulis' article? Of course not, because Ms. Margulis is a dishonest piece of shit. :yup:

Margulis makes claims about the "study" being "peer reviewed" as well as what the "study" purported to show. Does she actually know any of that? Of course not. :nope: If you read the article peacegirl posted - which is something peacegirl almost never does - you'll see an admission that Margulis only read an abstract.

Of course, it's just as well that Margulis only read an abstract, since she's wholly unqualified to pontificate on these issues. Margulis is very fond of telling people she has a Ph.D. What she won't tell you is that all her degrees are in English or English Lit. You know, cuz she's a dishonest piece of shit.

Did peacegirl do any due diligence whatsoever on this? :nope: She uncritically lapped up every drop of Margulis' swill as though it were jizz from the wang of Not-A-Dr. Andy Wakefield himself.

The explanation, of course, is that the Margulis article accords with peacegirl's preexisting views of how things work. In peacegirl's booze-addled mind, that makes the article self-evidently true. :yup:
And you're objective Maturin? You are committing the same fallacy over and over again hoping no one will notice.

The Ad Hominem Argument (also, "Personal attack," "Poisoning the well"): The fallacy of attempting to refute an argument by attacking the opposition’s intelligence, morals, professional qualifications, personal character or reputation, using a corrupted negative argument from ethos. E.g., "That so-called judge;" or "He's so evil that you can't believe anything he says."

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 05-13-2017, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
I can sort of understand why the Jews want to wipe out white people, but what do they have against dogs?
As I understand peacegirl's source whale.to, the dogs are goyim, goyim are dogs. It is all a rich tapestry, you see.
Another red herring. You have to resort to these types of retorts because you have no real refutation that can hold weight.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 05-13-2017, 07:57 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can sort of understand why the Jews want to wipe out white people, but what do they have against dogs?
As I understand peacegirl's source whale.to, the dogs are goyim, goyim are dogs. It is all a rich tapestry, you see.
Another red herring. You have to resort to these types of retorts because you have no real refutation that can hold weight.
peacegirl, I am simply helping concerned parents (who love their children, after all) do their due diligence. You have posted so many resources, and many of them - such as whale.to - contain very troubling information about vaccination is a Jewish plot against the white race. peacegirl, don't you think it's important to let parents make up their own mind about whether the Jews are trying to exterminate the white race, or indeed, whether the Holocaust was a hoax, as your source Lorraine Day, MD argues? Surely more information is better than less information, peacegirl! Are you suggesting that parents doing their due diligence should ignore the very sources that you offer them?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-14-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-15-2017), The Man (05-13-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, I am simply helping concerned parents (who love their children, after all) do their due diligence. You have posted so many resources, and many of them - such as whale.to - contain very troubling information about vaccination is a Jewish plot against the white race. peacegirl, don't you think it's important to let parents make up their own mind about whether the Jews are trying to exterminate the white race, or indeed, whether the Holocaust was a hoax, as your source Lorraine Day, MD argues? Surely more information is better than less information, peacegirl! Are you suggesting that parents doing their due diligence should ignore the very sources that you offer them?
It's not working chuck. All you're doing is trying to divert attention away from the subject matter (a red herring). You are also committing an ad hominem. Anybody familiar with these fallacies would be able to point out your errors. You are so sure that someone's case is wrong that you have not the slightest interest in a real debate based on the subject under discussion.

ad hominem: You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.
Ad hominem attacks can take the form of overtly attacking somebody, or more subtly casting doubt on their character or personal attributes as a way to discredit their argument. The result of an ad hom attack can be to undermine someone's case without actually having to engage with it.

Your logical fallacy is ad hominem

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-13-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:44 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
It's not working chuck. All you are doing is trying to divert attention away from the subject matter. Anybody familiar with logical fallacies would easily see through you.
:lol: Ok, peacegirl, I have to break character again: you don't feel a little tug of awareness when you type that? Not a glimmer?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-14-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-15-2017), The Man (05-13-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's not working chuck. All you are doing is trying to divert attention away from the subject matter. Anybody familiar with logical fallacies would easily see through you.
:lol: Ok, peacegirl, I have to break character again: you don't feel a little tug of awareness when you type that? Not a glimmer?
Please break character, it doesn't suit you well. The answer to your question is not not even a little bit.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:08 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please break character, it doesn't suit you well. The answer to your question is not not even a little bit.
Welp, ok. Kinda figured, but just checking. Back to it!

Join the Campaign for Unrestrained Travel and avoid the tyranny of Big Seatbelt
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-14-2017), The Man (05-13-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Welp, ok. Kinda figured, but just checking. Back to it!

Join the Campaign for Unrestrained Travel and avoid the tyranny of Big Seatbelt
There are so many uncontrolled variables when it comes to vaccination that you cannot compare the two. I agree that no one has the right to tell an adult that he has to wear a seatbelt. Most parents, after weighing the pros and cons, would willingly put their children in a car seat, booster seat, or strap them in a seat belt. They would also want to learn the correct way to use them, which could prevent many of the injuries that occur.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:19 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
I don't disagree with these people that you should tell an adult that he has to wear a seatbelt. You are not giving people any credit and are assuming that you know what's better for them. Most parents, after weighing the pros and cons, would willingly put their children in a car seat, booster seat, or strap them in a seat belt. They would also want to learn the correct way to use them, which could prevent many of the injuries that occur.
But peacegirl, how can parents know the pros and cons of death belts when there has never been a single randomized placebo-controlled clinical study of death belts? And big death belt manufacturers aren't even required to disclose the risks of death belts to parents. That's all I want! For parents to be able to choose whether to wrap their children in death belts where they can get diabetes or autism or worse!

Of course, as I have pointed out, more people vaccinate their children than use seatbelts :nod:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-14-2017), The Man (05-13-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-13-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't disagree with these people that you should tell an adult that he has to wear a seatbelt. You are not giving people any credit and are assuming that you know what's better for them. Most parents, after weighing the pros and cons, would willingly put their children in a car seat, booster seat, or strap them in a seat belt. They would also want to learn the correct way to use them, which could prevent many of the injuries that occur.
But peacegirl, how can parents know the pros and cons of death belts when there has never been a single randomized placebo-controlled clinical study of death belts? And big death belt manufacturers aren't even required to disclose the risks of death belts to parents. That's all I want! For parents to be able to choose whether to wrap their children in death belts where they can get diabetes or autism or worse!
There doesn't have to be a randomized placebo-controlled clinical study of seat belts. There have been crash tests, which is what the auto industry uses. What is your problem chuck? You're just trying to humor me and turn any discussion on vaccination into lulz. :kookoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Of course, as I have pointed out, more people vaccinate their children than use seatbelts :nod:
So what are you implying?

Old 05-13-2017, 10:40 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
You're just trying to humor me
This is at least the second time you have used the expression "[to] humor me" and I'm pretty sure you don't know what it means, peacegirl. I think you intend to use it to mean "mock me" or something similar.

To humor someone means:

verb (used with object)
12. to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable:
to humor a child.

peacegirl, think about the expressionless-yet-indulgent face that your children make when you start droning about your Corrupted Text, or your idiot father's nonsense babble, or spouting some Holocaust-denier at them. That is the face that your children make when they are humoring you. :catlady:

That is not at all what I am doing, peacegirl.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
So what are you implying?
Oh, it's very simple, peacegirl - mothers like me, who know what is best for their MY CHILD (because mammals protect their young, after all,) recognize that vaccines are much, much safer than deadly, deadly death belts! You don't know better than mothers like me, peacegirl!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-14-2017), But (05-15-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-15-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-14-2017), The Man (05-13-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 05:11 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Mothers like Chuck are very rare and ought to treasured.
ChuckF (05-14-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-15-2017), Pan Narrans (05-15-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-14-2017), The Man (05-14-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

May 12, 2017

Health Impact News

The study dates back to 2012. In fact, it wasn't a study at all but rather a survey. After years of shopping the "study" around, its principal author thought he had a taker in Frontiers in Public Health. In 2016, FPH shitcanned the "study" almost immediately after approving it for provisional publication.

Undaunted, the principal author split the "study" into two separate "studies" and got them published in what amounts to a skeevy vanity publishing journal. As specious_reasons correctly reported on this very page, even the skeevy vanity journal has now shitcanned the "studies."

Does any of that appear in Jennifer Margulis' article? Of course not, because Ms. Margulis is a dishonest piece of shit. :yup:

Margulis makes claims about the "study" being "peer reviewed" as well as what the "study" purported to show. Does she actually know any of that? Of course not. :nope: If you read the article peacegirl posted - which is something peacegirl almost never does - you'll see an admission that Margulis only read an abstract.

Of course, it's just as well that Margulis only read an abstract, since she's wholly unqualified to pontificate on these issues. Margulis is very fond of telling people she has a Ph.D. What she won't tell you is that all her degrees are in English or English Lit. You know, cuz she's a dishonest piece of shit.

Did peacegirl do any due diligence whatsoever on this? :nope: She uncritically lapped up every drop of Margulis' swill as though it were jizz from the wang of Not-A-Dr. Andy Wakefield himself.

The explanation, of course, is that the Margulis article accords with peacegirl's preexisting views of how things work. In peacegirl's booze-addled mind, that makes the article self-evidently true. :yup:
And you're objective Maturin? You are committing the same fallacy over and over again hoping no one will notice.
peacegirl, it's kinda cute that you've learned a new word, especially considering your advanced age and excessive drinking, but how about addressing substance for a change!

- Why did Jennifer Margulis call a survey a study? Could it be that she was trying to make people believe the "study" is weightier and more credible than it actually is? :chin:

- Why did Margulis intentionally omit from her article that Frontiers in Public Health retracted the "study" soon after provisional publication? :chin:

- Why did Margulis intentionally omit the subsequent history of the study, namely how Mawson artificially split one "study" into two and had the two studies published in a skeevy open source journal only to see them retracted yet again? :chin:

- Why was Margulis pretending to know what's in the "study" when she's never read it? :chin:

- Why are you pretending to know what's in the "study" when you've never read it? :chin:

- Why did Margulis fail to conduct due diligence? It's no secret that Mawson got a massive pile of antivaxxer money to conduct his study soon after becoming a sniveling toady of fraudulent quack Not-A-Dr. Andy Wakefield. You've written many times that money taints results, so the information is clearly relevant. Then again, maybe Margulis knew all about the funding issue and intentionally neglected to mention it. :chin:

- It's a minor point compared to the prevarications listed above, but why isn't Margulis up front about her education? Could it be that she knows unthinking people such as yourself will see the letters Ph.D. after her name and assume she has a doctorate in a relevant field? :chin:

peacegirl, you cited the Margulis article because it's antivax, and in your dementia-addled brain anything that comports with your preexisting views is self-evidently true. That is an astute observation on my part, which renders it mathematically, scientifically and undeniably (that is to say undeniably, undeniably and undeniably) true.

Does reflexively posting stuff just because it accords with one's preexisting views qualify as due diligence under any meaningful definition of the term?

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), But (05-15-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-15-2017), The Man (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

May 12, 2017

Health Impact News

peacegirl, it's kinda cute that you've learned a new word, especially considering your advanced age and excessive drinking, but how about addressing substance for a change!

- Why did Jennifer Margulis call a survey a study? Could it be that she was trying to make people believe the "study" is weightier and more credible than it actually is? :chin:

- Why did Margulis intentionally omit from her article that Frontiers in Public Health retracted the "study" soon after provisional publication? :chin:

- Why did Margulis intentionally omit the subsequent history of the study, namely how Mawson artificially split one "study" into two and had the two studies published in a skeevy open source journal only to see them retracted yet again? :chin:

- Why was Margulis pretending to know what's in the "study" when she's never read it? :chin:

- Why are you pretending to know what's in the "study" when you've never read it? :chin:

- Why did Margulis fail to conduct due diligence? It's no secret that Mawson got a massive pile of antivaxxer money to conduct his study soon after becoming a sniveling toady of fraudulent quack Not-A-Dr. Andy Wakefield. You've written many times that money taints results, so the information is clearly relevant. Then again, maybe Margulis knew all about the funding issue and intentionally neglected to mention it. :chin:

- It's a minor point compared to the prevarications listed above, but why isn't Margulis up front about her education? Could it be that she knows unthinking people such as yourself will see the letters Ph.D. after her name and assume she has a doctorate in a relevant field? :chin:

peacegirl, you cited the Margulis article because it's antivax, and in your dementia-addled brain anything that comports with your preexisting views is self-evidently true. That is an astute observation on my part, which renders it mathematically, scientifically and undeniably (that is to say undeniably, undeniably and undeniably) true.

Does reflexively posting stuff just because it accords with one's preexisting views qualify as due diligence under any meaningful definition of the term?
You cannot have a decent conversation for the life of you without ad hominems. You are such a fraud! When you get over yourself, come back, because you're not all that! :biglaugh:

Old 05-14-2017, 03:11 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

I just wanted to take a moment to wish a Happy Mothers' Day to the concerned mothers like me (I love MY CHILD!) in this thread.

Happy Mothers' Day, Maturin!

Happy Mothers' Day, Angakuk!

Happy Mothers' Day, Vivisectus!

Happy Mothers' Day, But!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), But (05-14-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-15-2017), Dragar (05-14-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-14-2017), The Man (05-14-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Right back atcha, Chuck! Here's wishing you and YOUR CHILD all the best on this wonderful day!

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), ChuckF (05-14-2017), The Man (05-14-2017), Vivisectus (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

We mothers stand shoulder to shoulder as we suckle OUR CHILDREN on our own manful breasts, locked in THIS COMBAT for recognition of the fact that our maternal instinct and internet-research lets us decide if the known risks of strapping a child in is greater than a whole host of unknown risks. When there is risk, there must be options!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), ChuckF (05-15-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-15-2017), The Man (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 07:34 PM

https://www.facebook.com/WeLoveRecip...c_ref=NEWSFEED

Old 05-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
We mothers stand shoulder to shoulder as we suckle OUR CHILDREN on our own manful breasts
What nipple cream are you using? I'm really dissatisfied with my brand. :sadcheer:

Quote:
locked in THIS COMBAT for recognition of the fact that our maternal instinct and internet-research lets us decide if the known risks of strapping a child in is greater than a whole host of unknown risks
Thankfully, THIS COMBAT appears to be bearing fruit! Just a couple of days ago, the goose-stepping authoritarian peacegirl finally acknowledged "that no one has the right to tell an adult that he has to wear a seatbelt." That's a big step in the right direction from someone who just a few days earlier wholeheartedly endorsed mandatory deathbelt legislation as a means to coerce "as much compliance as possible."

Unfortunately, peacegirl's recent statement contains quite the troubling negative pregnant, strongly suggesting that it's A-OK for government to strip away parental rights by requiring loving mothers like us to strap our beloved children into death belts. Such requirements are functionally identical to the Nuremberg Laws, and have no place in a free society. As long as such piggish, freedom-hating attitudes hold sway, THIS COMBAT shall continue!

:eagletear:

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), ChuckF (05-15-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-16-2017), The Man (05-15-2017), Vivisectus (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:04 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Stephen Maturin (05-16-2017), The Man (05-16-2017), Vivisectus (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
What nipple cream are you using? I'm really dissatisfied with my brand. :sadcheer:
Well, we all know that you cannot trust unnatural chemical concoctions that have not even been tested properly and are still approved by the FDA. That is why I treat my nipples with all natural home-rendered hog lard infused with natural, gentle herbs for pain relief like belladonna, willow bark, poppy and digitalis.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), ChuckF (05-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-16-2017), The Man (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 05:24 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Interesting! I'll keep that in mind.

I just got off the phone with my primary care physician, women's holistic mental health psychiatrist Dr. Kelly Brogan, who recommends using diarrhea to sooth my overworked nipples. Because diarrhea is all natural, you see.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), ChuckF (05-16-2017), The Man (05-16-2017), Vivisectus (05-17-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 05:32 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

In addition to helping a loving father suckle the child by his own breast, soothing your tortured nips with simple, raw, natural diarrhea can support a growing child's immune development by building important natural resistance, too, by sharing your antibodies and essential humors. If you are interested, I have an informative eBook about this. It is usually $41.00, but if you act within the next 32 hours you can get the eBook along with the starter kit for only $39.99, because it isn't all about the money.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-16-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-16-2017), The Man (05-16-2017), Vivisectus (05-17-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
We mothers stand shoulder to shoulder as we suckle OUR CHILDREN on our own manful breasts

Quote:
locked in THIS COMBAT for recognition of the fact that our maternal instinct and internet-research lets us decide if the known risks of strapping a child in is greater than a whole host of unknown risks
Thankfully, THIS COMBAT appears to be bearing fruit! Just a couple of days ago, the goose-stepping authoritarian peacegirl finally acknowledged "that no one has the right to tell an adult that he has to wear a seatbelt." That's a big step in the right direction from someone who just a few days earlier wholeheartedly endorsed mandatory deathbelt legislation as a means to coerce "as much compliance as possible."

Unfortunately, peacegirl's recent statement contains quite the troubling negative pregnant, strongly suggesting that it's A-OK for government to strip away parental rights by requiring loving mothers like us to strap our beloved children into death belts. Such requirements are functionally identical to the Nuremberg Laws, and have no place in a free society. As long as such piggish, freedom-hating attitudes hold sway, THIS COMBAT shall continue!

:eagletear:
We live in a legalistic society for good reason (we're not in the new world yet). In cases where we could get hurt by someone's actions, having the law on our side is a good thing. But when it comes to telling an adult he has to buckle up, that has gone too far because no one is at risk, other than him. It's one thing to protect others from someone's actions, but it is another thing to try and get someone to eliminate any risk to himself. In the case of laws telling parents they must buckle their children in, most parents would willingly put their children in seatbelts, car seats, or booster seats regardless, with enough education as to why they save lives when they are used correctly. If someone was trapped in a fire or under water, having a utility knife in the console could be used to cut the strap and allow escape which leaves very few people who would die because of these restraints. This is why legislation doesn't bother me. You cannot say the same thing for vaccination no matter how you spin it. There are many more risks, some of which are unknown because the studies have NOT been done or have been skewed to favor positive results. Furthermore, official statistics tell us that many of these diseases declined before the introduction of vaccines. I am not anti-vaccine. I am safe vaccine, and I don't believe the present vaccine schedule is as safe as they claim.

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-16-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
In addition to helping a loving father suckle the child by his own breast, soothing your tortured nips with simple, raw, natural diarrhea can support a growing child's immune development by building important natural resistance, too, by sharing your antibodies and essential humors. If you are interested, I have an informative eBook about this. It is usually $41.00, but if you act within the next 32 hours you can get the eBook along with the starter kit for only $39.99, because it isn't all about the money.
You are so jaded, it's really sad. All you are left with is useless sarcasm, false analogies, taking things out of context, and ad hominems. If people don't see through you, they deserve you. :yup:

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle