Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Admin

News Member News

Use this thread to post any personal news items you want to announce, such as births, weddings, relocation, job change, new pets, etc. The purpose of this thread is to let people who don't have time or opportunity to read every thread aware of any major changes in their fellow member's lives. Therefore please only post your own news items (or a link to your own thread) here, and any responses to other's news items in the Member News Discussion thread. Any non-news responses posted here (whether on or off-topic) will be moved to the discussion thread.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:13 AM
winging it

Default Re: Member News

I got a job!! I got a job!! :leadsing:

Tanda got a ji-zobb!
Old 11-25-2006, 04:10 AM
California Sober

I'm going to be in the Los Angeles / Las Vegas area for two weeks this Christmas season. When the time gets closer I will post its own thread to deal with hook-ups and the like.

:hyper:

(Is that news? It's not a permanent move but it's the first time I've been home for Christmas since I've been in the service, and my longest trip home in almost 2 years.)
Old 11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Non robust model of perfection

I exist.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

My son is walking as his main form of locomotion, and today he used a spoon somewhat effectively for the first time.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
mostly harmless

I became an uncle again this Saturday, when my sister gave birth to a girl, Isabelle Autumn.

At home, my oldest turned 6 on Monday, and the baby is doing what Mrs. Shake calls, his army crawl: pulling himself along the hardwood floors with just his hands. Scooting along with his legs behind him. Still no teeth, though.

Personally, I'm just about done with my first semester back at school in pursuit of an engineering degree.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

I accepted the job offer and am officially going to Houston sometime in the next couple/few months. It didn't entail the bump in salary grade I'd hoped, but I'll finally be on a gradual career track rather than the change-jobs-or-gather-moss position I'm currently in.

:sockpuppet:...........
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

i got my integra back a couple of weeks ago, its all pretty and fixed. good times.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
mesospheric bore

I'm back in lovely Aotearoa (New Zealand) after an absence of over three years, and readjusting to life in the antipodes. It's nice to be home.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:08 AM
M mb r

Smile Re: Member News

International long distance relationships can have nigh-insurmountable levels of suckilitude, as some of you may know. But I get to have her very, very near me again in two days time.

Can't wait! :luv:
Old 11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

I bought a house!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 PM
ninja mother

I got a letter in the mail today saying I am getting a special bonus at work for going above and beyond my job that I was recommended for by management. It's a very generous bonus at that. I really do work my tail off for those people so it's good to feel appreciated. Plus I think this might be a sign of a good raise this year too! :D

Money's really tight right now since we are STILL fighting the VA for money and we are taking a trip to Texas to see DH's family before he leaves for his year long school. The timing is awesome!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 AM

We're currently jousting with another buyer for the old house. The papers we sign tonight should keep him from backing out without losing his deposit. After all this time, it's tough to be optimistic, but ... :crossed:

Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Servant of the Dark Lord

I got a modest raise at work. Unfortunately, the person responsible for processing the checks did not take my raise into account when he processed them. I'll get the difference I am owed on next week's check.

Allan Glenn. 1984-2005 RIP
:countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep::countsheep:
Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Non robust model of perfection

In actual news, I've gotten my first grad school application completely done. I hope to have the rest mostly done by Monday and completely done by Friday.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:31 PM

Alert Re: Member News

I got a new job! Check it out :) Job Announcement
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 AM
ninja mother

FINALLY got paid by the VA!!!

Don't make me break out my ninja powers..

:llamaninja:
Old 12-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Love Bomb

Default Re: Member News Discussion

Today is the first day I've been out of bed all week 'cos I've been rillyrilly sick with frikkin' SARS!!

Well, it felt like SARS anyway. I caught it off my flatemate, who caught it off a friend of his, and now even two of mum's workers at the farm have it. One of the workers has had to go to the doctor 3 times! Man, I can't even afford to go once - not at this time of the year. :(

Anyway, I'm still very chesty, and my nose is blistered, bleeding and raw from being rubbed with 2 boxes of tissues, a roll of toilet paper and one and a half rolls of handy towels, and my chest feels like it's full of fibreglass or something. But my headache is gone. :)

Naturally, this has set all my plans of house-hunting and stuff back a bit as it's really hard to get anything done when you're asleep all day feeling sorry for yourself.

~ Ice T ~
Old 12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
mostly harmless

My first semester back at school is just about over. Finished one final last night, got another tonight (Chemistry) and then just one on Thursday (Statics). Then I've got a whole month off before next semester starts! :woohoo:

Old 12-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Plant Woman is ill. :( See this thread for details.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Done

I am doing better, thought I should update this thread. Thanks Liv for posting that for me.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:41 PM

The house rillyrilly did close last Friday, 12/29. Goodbye, millstone. Our "new" house is on the market now, and already attracting prospective buyers. We even had one each on Xmas Eve and Xmas.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Love Bomb

Laugh Re: Member News

Plant Woman, I'm so happy that you are feeling better now - that flu that has been circumnavigating the globe is shit, as you well know. And Sock - sell high, buddy - sell high! :D

As for me, well - HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! - me'n'Zoe have just scored an amazing rental house with an awesome garden that we will move into on the 10th Feb. We looked at approx 40-50 properties all over Rotorua for the last few days, most of which were shit, and we hit a new listing on TradeMe that was being totally refurbished due to previous abusive tenants, and while they were "once bitten, twice shy" kinda guys, they liked us - and depsite the fact that they have to wait until the 10th Feb for us to be able to take legal tenancy, they decided that they were better off to wait for us than to take anyone else more immediately. Me and Zoe are bouncing oiff the walls right now, 'cos it's such a cool house with an amazing windy, secret garden and stuff. It even has an old telephone box among the secret bush walk - like a Dr. Who tardis or something. :D SCORE!!!! WOOOO!!!!

I'm so excited and can't wait to move in there in Feb. It's private, has fruit trees, a (currently neglected) vege garden, close to town (yet feels like the country), new carpet, new tiles, new paint, new stove/oven, new bathrooom, big bedrooms - the works! I'm ecstatic! They called me to tell me they spoke to my current land agent, and the land agent told them that I was the best tenant on their books in a long time, and that they would not lose money in the long run waiting for me, as there would not even be a cleaning bill on my departure, let alone repairs to consider. :D

GO ME!!!! Yay!!!! Happy fucking New Year, indeed!!! :yay:

Jeez, I'm happy. :D

Hope y'all are as happy in this new year, too. :yup: :D

~ Ice T ~
Old 01-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Queen?

That is great news pepperspray, congrats!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM
god

Federal Jury service starting tuesday.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium