Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #926  
Old 05-22-2017, 03:24 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
What part of this do you not understand?
Ohh, I fully understand it.

You build a theory, then use the theory as a proof of the theory.

That is called scientism, its not science, its religious doctrine.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #927  
Old 05-22-2017, 04:28 AM
Kyuss Apollo's Avatar
Kyuss Apollo Kyuss Apollo is offline
happy now, Mussolini?
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: location, location
Posts: VCDLXXXIII
Blog Entries: 7
Images: 17
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
What part of this do you not understand?
Ohh, I fully understand it.

You build a theory, then use the theory as a proof of the theory.

That is called scientism, its not science, its religious doctrine.
__________________
This week's track: Ween - Ocean Man




Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Crumb (05-22-2017), Dragar (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #928  
Old 05-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Meanwhile, we still do not know what causes the phases of the moon. Is the moon a sphere or a disc? How about the sun? And what causes that crescent-shaped light area, and the dark parts which you can sometimes still see?

What causes lunar eclipses?

How can you have buoyancy without gravity? What force keeps me from stepping on to a vat of air without going down? The only force at work is this "buoyancy" of the air, apparently... so what causes me to fall down into the vat?

Of course we are ignoring the world-wide conspiracy to pretend we have satellites, space programs and to keep folks from realizing the Antarctic is a strip that is at least 120.000 KM wide, and that flights from Chile to Australia are in fact about 40.000 KM long and happen at about mach 3.3!

But hey - at least there is no pesky scientism, which basically means stuff Jerome has a hard time figuring out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
Why do you globe believers keep running away from this observational evidence your model is false?
:lol:
:crickets:
Quote:
Obviously by the inability of you all to explain this video with your model, your model is debunked.
:chin:

How strange - and yet your model is not, despite your basic inability to explain the phases of the moon. Or the fact that we can see completely different constellations from Australia and from Europe. Or how come perspective somehow leaves the sun looking roughly the same size, but just obscures the bottom part of it. How the distances between places we regularly travel between are actually much, much greater. How this mysterious "buoyancy" of yours is supposed to work without gravity.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #929  
Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

I did offer explanations, continuing to post the questions as if I had not is evidence of your dishonesty.

Notice how scientism adherents require dishonesty to hold their beliefs.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #930  
Old 05-22-2017, 01:57 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Drive by science

Please point me to where you explained the phases of the moon. Then please also point out how you explained the difference in distance between a direct flight from Sidney to Chile. And an explanation of how buoyancy works without gravity.

Looks like the dishonesty is coming from you, Jerome. Also hypocrisy of course.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #931  
Old 05-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Dragar's Avatar
Dragar Dragar is offline
Now in six dimensions!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The only hill in Oxford
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMXCIX
Default Re: Drive by science

Also - where's that flat Earth map, Jerome? You've opened my eyes but destroyed my preconceptions; at least teach me some real geography!
__________________
The miracle of the appropriateness of the language of mathematics for the formulation of the laws of physics is a wonderful gift which we neither understand nor deserve. -Eugene Wigner
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-23-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #932  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Kyuss Apollo's Avatar
Kyuss Apollo Kyuss Apollo is offline
happy now, Mussolini?
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: location, location
Posts: VCDLXXXIII
Blog Entries: 7
Images: 17
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I did offer explanations, continuing to post the questions as if I had not is evidence of your dishonesty.

Notice how scientism adherents require dishonesty to hold their beliefs.
Actually, we are still waiting for you to post a picture of the edge of the Earth. You have posted a bunch of other pictures in an attempt to change the subject, which is evidence of both your dishonesty and inability to engage in an actual argument.

But you haven't posted one. Because you cannot.

Because the Earth, Jerome, is a SPHERE.
__________________
This week's track: Ween - Ocean Man




Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #933  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

You sure are beating that strawman to death. No one said there was an edge.

Pathetic in that your only option when presented with an observation which debunks your spinning sphere model is to attack strawmen.

The creator is real, and you are being shown the truth of it. I know satan feels good to you, you feel a part of a club, even though you probably don't understand it is satan, but you are being given the tools and opportunity.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #934  
Old 05-22-2017, 09:59 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #935  
Old 05-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

When you are standing at the beach the ocean rises to your eye level. Do you think the water is really above your chest?
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #936  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:46 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
When you are standing at the beach the ocean rises to your eye level. Do you think the water is really above your chest?
When you at the beach and look out you see the horizon at eye level, yet the water of the ocean is at your feet, proving the Earth is round. The horizon rises to the level of your eyes, yet the water stays at your feet, thus the surface of the ocean is curving up to your eye level at the horizon, starting at your feet, and then dropping off as shown by ships sailing over the horizon and disappearing with the top of the mast being the last thing you see.

Just talked to my son, who was in the navy, and he was telling me that any ship in the distance would be seen from the top of the mast first or last as it sailed over the horizon, thus proving that the Earth is curved and round. A ship didn't just disappear by getting too small, it always dropped down behind the horizon.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #937  
Old 05-22-2017, 11:50 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Sea level is a constant distance to the center of the Earth, which is round, so the surface of the ocean is curved, not flat.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
  #938  
Old 05-23-2017, 12:36 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Sea level is a constant distance to the center of the Earth, which is round, so the surface of the ocean is curved, not flat.
So there is a big hole/massive dip in the ocean over the mariana trench ..

Bahaaahaaaa
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #939  
Old 05-23-2017, 12:39 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
When you at the beach and look out you see the horizon at eye level, yet the water of the ocean is at your feet, proving the Earth is round. The horizon rises to the level of your eyes, yet the water stays at your feet, thus the surface of the ocean is curving up to your eye level at the horizon, starting at your feet, and then dropping off as shown by ships sailing over the horizon and disappearing with the top of the mast being the last thing you see.
Holy shit, you really do think the water is above your chest when you are standing at the shore!

Dude, your scientism doesn't even say that.

You don't understand what you believe you believe. LMFAO!!

That means you think these train tracks are going 'up' from your position too.

__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #940  
Old 05-23-2017, 12:46 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Just talked to my son, who was in the navy
Ask him about the rail gun that fires over 100 miles.

Its not a controlled projectile, its just a bullet.

That is 1.5 miles of curvature to account for. You know, a 1.5 mile tall earth curvature mountain between the rail gun and the target.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #941  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:33 AM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
When you at the beach and look out you see the horizon at eye level, yet the water of the ocean is at your feet, proving the Earth is round. The horizon rises to the level of your eyes, yet the water stays at your feet, thus the surface of the ocean is curving up to your eye level at the horizon, starting at your feet, and then dropping off as shown by ships sailing over the horizon and disappearing with the top of the mast being the last thing you see.
Holy shit, you really do think the water is above your chest when you are standing at the shore!
Read my post again, I said the water stays at your feet, not up to your chest. You even quoted it, do you really have a serious reading comprehension problem?
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 AM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
That means you think these train tracks are going 'up' from your position too.

The tracks appear to be because your point of view starts above the level of the tracks and the view is down to the level of the tracks in the distance. I also notice that the tracks do not converge to a point in the distance, so much for your "Vanishing point".
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-01-2017)
  #943  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:40 AM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Just talked to my son, who was in the navy
Ask him about the rail gun that fires over 100 miles.

Its not a controlled projectile, its just a bullet.

That is 1.5 miles of curvature to account for. You know, a 1.5 mile tall earth curvature mountain between the rail gun and the target.
Naval artillery often fires over the horizon, so what, it doesn't prove anything, except that the Earth is round.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 05-23-2017, 04:46 AM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Sea level is a constant distance to the center of the Earth, which is round, so the surface of the ocean is curved, not flat.
So there is a big hole/massive dip in the ocean over the mariana trench ..

Bahaaahaaaa
The distance is from the surface to the center of the Earth, the Marianas trench is certainly not at the center.

Your illusion to the Marianas trench is a massive "red herring".
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 05-23-2017, 05:21 AM
Kyuss Apollo's Avatar
Kyuss Apollo Kyuss Apollo is offline
happy now, Mussolini?
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: location, location
Posts: VCDLXXXIII
Blog Entries: 7
Images: 17
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Sea level is a constant distance to the center of the Earth, which is round, so the surface of the ocean is curved, not flat.
So there is a big hole/massive dip in the ocean over the mariana trench ..

Bahaaahaaaa
The distance is from the surface to the center of the Earth, the Marianas trench is certainly not at the center.

Your illusion to the Marianas trench is a massive "red herring".
Here is the essence of Jerome's argument:


Unassailable logic! Bravo, Bravo!
__________________
This week's track: Ween - Ocean Man




Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #946  
Old 05-23-2017, 05:37 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

You guys get your politics from comedians, and your science from cartoons.

:yup:
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 05-23-2017, 05:39 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Read my post again, I said the water stays at your feet, not up to your chest. You even quoted it, do you really have a serious reading comprehension problem?
So you are now saying you can't see the curve, its just perspective, weird how your story keeps changing..

To be clear, it the water at the horizon at your level, or above you?
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 05-23-2017, 08:20 AM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDXCIII
Default Re: Drive by science

Now Jeroll is pretending to be a flat-earther.

:yawn:

Try to come up with something better, will you?
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #949  
Old 05-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
When you at the beach and look out you see the horizon at eye level, yet the water of the ocean is at your feet, proving the Earth is round. The horizon rises to the level of your eyes, yet the water stays at your feet, thus the surface of the ocean is curving up to your eye level at the horizon, starting at your feet, and then dropping off as shown by ships sailing over the horizon and disappearing with the top of the mast being the last thing you see.
Holy shit, you really do think the water is above your chest when you are standing at the shore!

Dude, your scientism doesn't even say that.

You don't understand what you believe you believe. LMFAO!!

That means you think these train tracks are going 'up' from your position too.

And when a train would arrive, you would see it's top appear at the horizon. It would be slightly smaller than when we see it closer to, but not much: and as it gets closer, it would get slightly bigger, and we would see it slowly rise from behind the apparent horizon. Because that is how perspective works for the sun.

It would look a bit weird, because the tracks DO get really close together, suggesting the scale changes quite a bit. But hey, we have a video where you see the sun appear slightly smaller, so that must be what happens.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (06-01-2017), The Man (06-01-2017)
  #950  
Old 05-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Drive by science

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Now Jeroll is pretending to be a flat-earther.

:yawn:

Try to come up with something better, will you?
Hey it is amusing enough. I wish we could flesh out the model a bit more though. This version is a bit sloppy.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-01-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.61503 seconds with 14 queries