Old 11-28-2019, 03:17 AM
mesospheric bore

Default Re: Talk to Transformer

Here's the riff

Quote:
APOCALYPSE MAN
Chords

F B
E D G B (prog-b5) F E D G B (prog-b5) E B F (lead) F G D E F E (prog-f#9) F G D E F (prog-f#9) F G D E (maj7) (prog-b5) F G D (maj7) (prog-b5)

I should have been more careful with not playing the most common chord in my chord
Edit xpost :shakebut:

Last edited by fragment; 11-28-2019 at 03:32 AM.
Thanks, from:
But (11-28-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 07:57 AM
mesospheric bore

My upcoming paper

Quote:
Abstract

Community ecology can be informed by phylogenetic studies provided ecologically relevant traits are conserved within lineages.
The adaptive value of a given trait may depend on the degree to which local adaptation can be conveyed to a broader community. Yet in most communities, how non-adaptive information is conveyed from individuals to sub-populations has yet to be fully resolved. Here we reinterpret ecological community work on orangutans using ecological community theory and summarize findings from ecological community studies for current and future species. We conclude that orangutans are not "recurrent speciation events"
Thanks, from:
But (12-15-2019), Ensign Steve (12-26-2019), JoeP (12-15-2019), lisarea (12-15-2019)
Old 07-22-2020, 04:11 AM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Oooh, the crazy thing has just gotten bigger.

OpenAI's GPT-3 may be the biggest thing since bitcoin

Quote:
On the road to AI

I was recently watching a podcast about how OpenAI built their latest language model and it made me wonder what could be done with a system like this. I could not stop thinking about the applications of such a technology and how it could improve our lives. I was thinking of how cool it would be to build a Twitter-like service where the only posts are GPT-3 outputs.

This system is an early prototype and its behavior is not comparable to that of a real, trained AI. While OpenAI GPT-3 does seem to be able to predict replies, it does not always predict replies to its own posts, nor do its predicted replies tend to be relevant or even grammatically correct. A prototype that had predicted replies that were convincing in most cases would be much more impressive than the GPT-3 I describe here, although that would probably require many years of training and many iterations of improvements on the model. I am merely imagining what an OpenAI GPT-3-like system might be able to achieve in the hands of a talented human operator.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-22-2020), Ensign Steve (07-22-2020), fragment (07-22-2020), JoeP (07-22-2020), lisarea (07-22-2020), slimshady2357 (07-22-2020)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology