Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 08-22-2015, 06:50 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

Frankly, I awoke at 12:30 AM from that dream and didn't write any notes down because I couldn't find my little notepad I leave on the nightstand, so I was lucky to remember that much of it.
JoeP (08-22-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Then the water started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed.
:frysees:

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (08-24-2015), Ensign Steve (08-24-2015), Janet (08-26-2015), SharonDee (09-06-2015), SR71 (08-25-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2015, 02:06 PM
lagomorph lover

I befriended Freddy Kreuger in a dream last night, but he started to turn all murderous on me moments before I woke up.

Anyway, it's been nice knowing you all.
BrotherMan (09-05-2015), Dingfod (09-05-2015), Ensign Steve (09-24-2015), Janet (09-09-2015), lisarea (09-05-2015), SharonDee (09-06-2015), Sock Puppet (09-08-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016), viscousmemories (09-27-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 06:41 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

:sadbye:
Thanks, from:
Janet (09-09-2015), One for Sorrow (09-06-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2015, 08:52 PM
nominalistic existential pragmaticist

I was dreaming someone mentioned caramel covered Marseilles, and I had to go look that up when I woke, in case it was a real dessert.

Then I had a dream we all caught a fungus infection from a rather obese panda colored hamster. It infected a bunch of people with an odd white fungus that looked more crystaline than fungus-y. I tried to brush the white crystal that was stuck to my forearm, it wouldn't budge until I plucked it off, and found out it had rooted into my skin, leaving a couple of rather large holes and a crater where it had sprouted from my arm.

Plucking a number of them off revealed that their roots burrowed actively into flesh, because they writhed when they were forcefully removed, probably looking for skin to burrow into.

We found out sea water killed the fungus, it dissolved and we were left with a bunch of somewhat large gaping holes over our limbs and torsos, that only slowly closed up.

Wow. That was very unpleasant.

The day before, I was taking numerous personality inventory assays, to see if I could deal better with this crippling depression I'm currently in. I wonder if there was some sort of relationship between having to be as honest as I could be, and a dream that resulted in me having so many gaping wounds....
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (09-26-2015), Dingfod (09-07-2015), Janet (09-09-2015), JoeP (09-06-2015), lisarea (09-05-2015), SR71 (09-06-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-06-2015, 09:22 AM
Solipsist

Actively burrowing into your flesh.
:therapy:

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (09-07-2015), Janet (09-09-2015), S.Vashti (09-06-2015), SR71 (09-06-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-24-2015, 10:44 PM
California Sober

I must have had a couple of boring dumb dreams the last couple of nights, and then not really remembering them.

So then today, I had this moment like, "oh, I have to tell bey that I figured out what was wrong with that badge script. Wait... did I even talk to him about that script? :scratch: Why would I? Who was I talking to about it then? Did I dream about talking to someone about the badge script?

Then there was another one about Ingress, and honestly I'm not sure if I am having boring real-life conversations and then mostly forgetting them and who they were with, or if I really just dreamed these boring conversations. Maybe I'm losing my mind.
BrotherMan (09-24-2015), Janet (09-24-2015), JoeP (09-25-2015), lisarea (09-25-2015), Qingdai (11-04-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 03:48 PM
Solipsist

I'm going to go with: you are having boring real-life conversations and then forgetting about them, and you are dreaming about boring conversations, and you're losing your mind.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (09-25-2015), Janet (09-25-2015), lisarea (09-25-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016), viscousmemories (09-27-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 04:45 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Once in real life, I had a very uncomfortable conversation with a child because I dreamt that I had given him some Cat5 cable, but it turned out that it was all just a crazy dream!

You are a perfectly sane, rational, and non-creepy person, just like me.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-25-2015), Ensign Steve (09-25-2015), Janet (09-26-2015), JoeP (09-25-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:25 PM
California Sober

Don't even talk to me about children. Last night I dreamed I was going to babysit some random child and his dad or whoever was like, "Here, let me show you how to put the powder on his butt when you change him." And I'm thinking, "Damn I didn't know there was going to be diapering involved. Is it too late to get out of this?" But I had already agreed, so it was too late. Too late! :whygod:
BrotherMan (09-25-2015), Janet (09-26-2015), JoeP (09-26-2015), lisarea (09-25-2015), Qingdai (11-04-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 05:39 PM

OH GOD.

Once, I was watching a friend's kid, and he went to the bathroom and then CALLED ME TO COME WIPE HIS BUTT.

He was like 45 years old or something, and it was extremely traumatizing for me, but I did it (poorly) because I didn't want to traumatize him, but then I KNEW that my friend did that and it basically ruined me for a while.

Oh my god. I hadn't even known before that that people kept doing that after their kids were potty trained, and I'd even seen those toilet paper bear commercials where the mom inspects their asses but I thought that was just some toilet paper industrial complex propaganda or something, but then I found out it's actually pretty common. I can't even imagine. The MINUTE TLM was trained, I was like AS GOD IS MY WITNESS I WILL NEVER ENCOUNTER YOUR EFFLUVIA AGAIN. He was a very fastidious child, though, so I guess I got lucky.

Children are well and truly repulsive, and check back in tomorrow for the inevitable nightmare I will have on that topic tonight.

(If it helps at all, the child in that instance was like a teenager and possibly even a young adult at the time, and I never had to change his diaper. I just like to call people children and sometimes infants until they're like 30.)
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-25-2015), But (08-18-2017), Crumb (09-25-2015), erimir (09-25-2015), Janet (09-26-2015), JoeP (09-26-2015), slimshady2357 (09-26-2015), Sock Puppet (09-28-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 06:22 PM
California Sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Once, I was watching a friend's kid, and he went to the bathroom and then CALLED ME TO COME WIPE HIS BUTT.

He was like 45 years old or something

If it helps at all, the child in that instance was like a teenager and possibly even a young adult at the time
How the fuck old was this person whose ass you had to wipe?! I am so confused.
Janet (09-26-2015), JoeP (09-26-2015), slimshady2357 (09-26-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 07:18 PM

The kid from the toilet story was I don't remember. Seven? Eight? You know, one of those kids who MAY AS WELL BE FORTY FIVE WHEN IT COMES TO THAT SORT OF THING.

The second thing, I was referring to the previous guy that I dreamt I gave the CAT5. He was the one I originally called a child, and I was just trying to clarify that I wasn't talking about a diaper child, but a grownup or near grownup.

That was totally unclear on my part.

Although, you know, yeah. I think my age demographics are context dependent or something. Sorry. I actually didn't mean to do that. I will try to be specific from now on and if I'm talking about a child who might be wearing a diaper, I will make sure to refer to them with a diaper- prefix. Like, I will try to call them "diaper-baby" or "diaper-infant." So if I don't say diaper, you don't have to assume the person I'm talking about was wearing one.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-25-2015), But (08-18-2017), Ensign Steve (09-25-2015), Janet (09-26-2015), slimshady2357 (09-26-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-25-2015, 11:20 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

I remember the first (and I think only) time I changed my own diaper. My mom had this scheme where she put a heart in the calendar for every day it was clean, but one morning I noticed that I had shit my diaper when I was asleep. This would have ruined everything, so I waited until I was alone, put the old one in the trash and put on a new one. It was intricate work with the adhesive strips on it, but it worked. It was quite an event for me, which explains why I remembered it. I must have been 2 or so.

Not a dream, true story!
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-26-2015), Ensign Steve (09-26-2015), Janet (09-26-2015), JoeP (09-26-2015), lisarea (09-26-2015), slimshady2357 (09-26-2015), Sock Puppet (09-28-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-26-2015, 12:22 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Yesterday I dreamed I wrote a cowboy poem about Wyoming. A few hours after I awoke, I wrote a cowboy poetry style poem about moving to Wyoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Mountain View
One Sunday afternoon, after a dinner
I saw something that seemed like a winner
As I read the paper, lying on Mom's floor
Saw in that rag a thing I couldn't ignore

No small sense of adventure, I've always had
So it was not really a surprise I responded to the ad
For a job out West in the state of Wyoming
The town was Mountain View, the name had a ring

I saw the advertisement in the Tulsa World
It intrigued me, so I thought I'd give it a whirl
I updated my resume and mailed it right out
Then proceeded on with life, mostly forgetting about

A month or so later, they suprised me when
They wanted me to fly up and talk with them
On the first jet plane ride for me in my life
Flew to Rock Springs, just me and my wife

Next day, we were driven to Mountain View
While I was at the plant for the interview
My wife toured the towns around the valley
After it was over, in the car we did dally

Sitting in the backseat alone, we talked
I asked her what she thought, she balked
Then ever so bluntly she did say
"No way I'm moving there, no fucking way"

She said "They've got dirt streets in the town."
But I wasn't going to let that get me down
I told her we should wait for an offer
See what sort of money they would proffer

Nearly three weeks then passed
I got an offer, a good one at last
Their offer a guarantee, a huge raise over
What I previously made, way over

In mid-December, we did drive
The cold weather made me feel alive
A leaky radiator on the old car
Got us there, somehow that far

Mountain View, Wyoming, you see, is misnamed
No mountains can be seen from any street, not even Main
You have to drive north of the town three miles or four
Look back to see the mountains which the town is named for

Wyoming is a harsh place, not fit for cold feet
One problem you don't have is with summer heat
The wind blows almost all of the day and night
It'll blow snow through a 1/32nd inch hole, a sight

The wind blowing through the cracks
Howling so loud it was hard to relax
It lifted the linoleum off the kitchen floor
From the sink to over by the door

The snow did drift in piles four feet deep
Blowing it off the ground in many a heap
Between those dirty brown drifts
From the bare ground between, the dirt did sift

Wyoming is not a place for the weak
Some coworkers didn't last a week
After the temperatures plunged below zero
Just because I stayed did not make me a hero

The frigid arctic cold and the constant wind
Drove my wife to her very wits end
Eventually we moved to a more southern clime
To a town in Colorado, a place far more sublime

Part of my heart remained behind there
It was a place that I loved, so well I did fare
Wide open spaces and mountains so beautiful
Fresh clean air could be had by the lung full

So, everytime I pass through
I have to drop by Mountain View
To see those old stomping grounds
And wish a little that I was still around
Not great stuff, but with reading it like cowboy poetry, it works for the most part.
BrotherMan (09-26-2015), Janet (09-26-2015), JoeP (09-26-2015), lisarea (09-26-2015), S.Vashti (09-26-2015), slimshady2357 (09-26-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 09-26-2015, 11:40 AM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

This isn't about a weird dream, but this has been giving me nightmares of sorts...
Quote:
OH GOD.

He was like 45 years old or something, and it was extremely traumatizing for me, but I did it (poorly) because I didn't want to traumatize him, but then I KNEW that my friend did that and it basically ruined me for a while.
7 or 8?! You're such a better person than me because I couldn't have possibly done that without a WHOLE lot of "Why the fuck don't you wipe your own ass yet? How the fuck can this be? What fuck is wrong with your parents?" etc...

I'm pretty sure I would have done it but also traumatized the kid :facepalm: I would have felt bad for him later, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't have helped it.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

My best friend wiped her daughter's ass until she was about four or five. Okay, let's be completely frank here, she did it until I bullied her into stopping. There was some WTF is wrong with you conversation and insistence that she stopped. She said her daughter wasn't able to get it all, to which I replied, "That's what flushable moist wipes are for." And she actually thought the box of them on my toilet were just wet wipes for washing your face or something. Anyway, she did listen and stopped and I am very proud of that, even though in retrospect I guess it could have been considered bullying her.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
slimshady2357 (09-26-2015), Stormlight (01-05-2016)
Old 11-03-2015, 10:02 PM
California Sober

Not a specific dream. Just meta stuff.

I dream about theme parks a lot. Usually not a specific park, but one time it was supposedly Disneyland, but bore no resemblance to actual Disneyland. Usually it's some made-up no-name park that I made up in my head.

Other normal dream elements come in, depending probably on my mental state. Things like trying and failing to find the entrance/exit. Trying and failing to find specific people. Suddenly realizing I'm supposed to be somewhere else. Being unprepared as far as tickets or clothes. All just generic dream stuff.

But the dreamscape, the playground or whatever, it's always some totally involved theme park with tons of detail as far as what the attractions are, what the theme and decor are, etc. Sometimes there are elements from places I have been irl and others are totally out there and random. It's rarely the same from one dream to another. And the people I am with vary all over the place too.

Okay, specifically: My one from last night had waterslides (did not pee the bed! :phew:), and bey was there and maybe my dad?
BrotherMan (11-03-2015), Janet (11-04-2015), JoeP (11-03-2015), lisarea (11-21-2015), slimshady2357 (11-04-2015), Ymir's blood (11-04-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 02:09 PM
A fellow sophisticate

This morning I awoke from a nightmare about a tornado. My wife and I, along with my parents (my mom died in 2008) were at the state fair with our grandson Dylan. Dylan met up with some of his friends from school and they all went out in the midway to ride the amusement rides. Us four adults were walking around in the exposition building looking at what the booth vendors were hawking. The power went out, people started screaming. I could hear tornado sirens going off. Moments later, I saw food trucks and trailers outside the open doors on the building blowning over, some of them flying up into the air, some just rolling. Debris blew into the building, a five gallon can of cooking oil just missing my leg. The four of us took shelter behind a permanent metal guardrail. The roar of the tornado drowned out any screams. Then the roaring stopped; screams and sobs were all you could hear. After making sure my mom and dad and my wife were okay, I tried to go outside to find Dylan, and help where I could help. The entire midway was a tangled mess of wreckage, and there were casualties everywhere, some impaled by poles and splintered wood. Other people were pulling wreckage apart to get at people trapped beneath the collapsed amusement rides and wrecked food trucks and trailers. I couldn't find Dylan. Police told us to get back in the building and wait in the NE corner. We waited there with other parents and family of missing people. One by one, and occasionally groups of people, some of them bloodied but ambulatory, came in and met up with their families. And others told to go to certain hospitals. No Dylan. We waited some more. I pleaded with the police officers to let me help find Dylan and his friends. I was not allowed to leave the area set aside for family members. The bodies of two of Dylan's friends were found, then his girlfriend. Still no word on Dylan.

---I woke up from the nightmare when my alarm went off. I hit snooze on my phone and went right back to sleep. The dream continued.---

Tornado sirens went off again, more storm clouds. Lightning flashes followed almost instantly by thunder. People still in the building were ushered into the concrete restroom areas.

---My alarm went off again. Snooze. Resumed dream.---

It was getting dark, and the lack of electrical power made the scene even more terrifying. There were moans of the wounded mixed with screams of those trapped beneath wreckage that was going to require cranes. Still no sign of Dylan. I was frantic.

---My heart was racing when my alarm went off for the third time.---
Ensign Steve (11-21-2015), Janet (11-21-2015), JoeP (11-21-2015), lisarea (11-21-2015), SR71 (01-03-2016), Stormlight (01-13-2016), Ymir's blood (11-21-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 07:06 PM

I guess I give up trying to remember the rest of this one, but the parts I do remember are:

I had a burrito with green chili, carnitas, and little bits of corn tortilla in it, like chilaquiles, but the main thing about this burrito is that it kept regenerating, like yo:

And I was talking to a lady and offered her some because of it being infinite and all, but she declined, as she was scheduled for a surgical deflowering later that day.

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (11-28-2015), Dingfod (11-30-2015), Janet (12-02-2015), JoeP (11-28-2015), Sock Puppet (11-30-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 08:16 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

:cohnoes:
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (11-30-2015), Janet (12-02-2015), lisarea (11-28-2015)
Old 12-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Forum Killer

There was a toucan wandering around a dark, nondescript hell, which got into an altercation with this giant feathered elephant thing. After a long, peculiar fight and argument I can't remember the details of, the toucan takes out a trumpet, tells it "there's only one song in hell", and converts the elephant into a pile of brass plates, which it bolts together into some sort of shower set. And I think to myself "ikea must be the most evil organization imaginable".
Old 01-03-2016, 05:31 PM

This is a dream in more than one sense: I tripped and fell, and I slid into a little pose and totally made it look like I meant to do that.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (01-03-2016), Janet (01-06-2016), JoeP (01-03-2016), Nullifidian (01-16-2016), SR71 (01-03-2016), Stormlight (01-13-2016), Ymir's blood (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
This is a dream in more than one sense: I tripped and fell, and I slid into a little pose and totally made it look like I meant to do that.
BrotherMan (01-04-2016), Crumb (01-04-2016), Janet (01-06-2016), JoeP (01-04-2016), lisarea (01-04-2016), Nullifidian (01-16-2016), S.Vashti (01-04-2016), slimshady2357 (01-04-2016), Sock Puppet (01-04-2016), SR71 (01-14-2016), Stormlight (01-13-2016), Ymir's blood (01-04-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Quality Contributor

Tonight Jeremy Clarkson invited me to go see a boxing match with him.

Carry on.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium