Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 05-30-2016, 11:57 PM
Always keep cool.

Default BLACK AND WHITE PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST !!

SAYING WHITE OR BLACK PEOPLE SHOULD BE BANNED, SHOULD BE FINED EVEN.

IT IS UTTERLY LUDICROUS TO SAY BLACK PEOPLE OR TO SAY WHITE PEOPLE.

SAY ONLY PEOPLE, THEN YOU SAY IT JUST EXACTLY RIGHT.

THE TIME WILL COME YOU WILL FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT, FOR THOSE WHO WANT A MERE COLOUR TO BE ALIVE.

I have real deep respect for those who still stand up straight and come out as a soul, in stead of being a mere colour.
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!

Last edited by Awareness; 05-31-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: It is bashing time!!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:30 AM
Reality Adventurer

Default Re: BLACK AND WHITE PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST !!

If only that is all it took. Wouldn't it be great?
Old 05-31-2016, 04:23 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

We already do, they are 'those people.'
The race violence against Irish by white folk, or genocide of one black group in Africa by another black group in Africa shows it's not just about blatant color differences or even terms but about xenophobia and the hate of 'others.' There's no quick fix.

America has gone that direction, why blatant racists talk about liberal PC terms, they really mean that they dislike not being able to say things like nigger, but none of that has stopped even liberal sources from advancing the racist agenda, only it's worse as they act like they are really on the side of equality.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:49 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

It's true.

People don't really look like this:

Thanks, from:
Ari (05-31-2016), The Man (06-03-2016), Watser? (05-31-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 07:23 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalist.atheist View Post
That is all it takes naturalist.atheist !!!!!!!!!!
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

Old 05-31-2016, 07:26 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
It's true.

People don't really look like this:

It's not about the face erimir, it is about a colour coming alive !!!!

Old 05-31-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
No, banning the words will not change how people feel and believe. You can't legislate morality, only behavior, but a change in behavior might change the feelings of later generations, but it will take several generations.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:03 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No, banning the words will not change how people feel and believe. You can't legislate morality, only behavior, but a change in behavior might change the feelings of later generations, but it will take several generations.
It is very simple, it's not how you feel and believe thedoc, it is how you see a colour.......

If a commercial can you smile dumb in an instant and you would like to buy the silly looking smile, then in a period of time, is black just a skin colour and not referring to his character or person

Several generations for ignorance of some is too much, black and white people do not exist doc , just people , accept it , and you will not look stupid in the end!!!!

Do i really have to explain what a person is, and how a person is the doc???

A skin colour is being alive all these years is bullshit, it is insane !!!

What you love, what you hate, what your peculiar characteristics are, what you are good at, what you stand for, what you really love doing, what you are passionate about, that is you and only you ........

A colour says nothing for me i will and i must get to know the white or black man, see how silly that sounds , those words.......

If you teach the ignorant that saying black or white is wrong then maybe light inside the person's head might shine, hey, it's a real dog gone it person, why in the world have i been saying black man or woman all these years !!!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:

It is very simple, it's not how you feel and believe thedoc, it is how you see a colour.......
That is exactly the opposite of what I think you're trying to get across. What you should NOT do is see color, and not have preconceptions about people based on skin color, and not form opinions about their motives - or anything about them - based on color.

It is absolutely about how you feel and what you believe. You *will* see the color. it's what you do with that information that matters.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthisdrift View Post
Quote:

That is exactly the opposite of what I think you're trying to get across. What you should NOT do is see color, and not have preconceptions about people based on skin color, and not form opinions about their motives - or anything about them - based on color.

It is absolutely about how you feel and what you believe. You *will* see the color. it's what you do with that information that matters.

You want to see the colour, i do not and never see a colour when i meet someone, i see a whole person , and that is it !!

Tell me what you want to see catchthisdrift? It is not about how you feel and what you believe and you will not see a colour that is a crock of shit.

Leave the damn colour alone, and see a whole damn person from now on !!!
No you are totally wrong, a colour is a mere colour, do you really want to make more of a colour ?

It is about how a person is , it is about how Barack Obama is as a person......

It is so unbelievable ignorant to see a colour as somebody, so retarded

Quote:
What is that what you feel and what you believe? We are talking here pure and simpel about a person's skin,and that is all !!

What is there to feel and believe to make you not be disturbed by the colour? Nothing at all !!

You are only supposed to know that that is just the colour of the skin. Is that so hard ??

SO LAY OF THE SAYING OF BLACK OR WHITE PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS UTTERLY IGNORANT !!

Then just maybe we will get to know other kinds of people, how they are as persons as individuals.

THAT IS AT LEAST MORE THAN HUMPING A NEANDERTHAL AS CONTACT WITH OTHERS !!

And once you know how a person is, and not what it is, then you do not see colour or race anymore

Last edited by Awareness; 05-31-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:34 PM

I agree with the idea of what you're saying. But I think you're saying it unrealistically idealistic, to the point of hyperbole. When you look at a person, you DO see their color (or, colour). You do. At that point you decide whether you form opinions of them based on that color. Do you fall to stereotypes. Do you think of them differently, or treat them differently, or have different expectations of them, based on their skin color? I believe you're saying that we should NOT form opinions of them, or fall to stereotypes, based on their skin color.

But, contrary to your thread title... people with different skin colors DO exist... people generally referred to as "white"... "black"... actually a wide variety of colors... peachy, pinky, brown, tan, black....

To think of each human being as "a person"... as an individual.. without regard to their skin color, cultural heritage, with no preconceptions... that is a noble goal. One that would lead to a better world if we could all do it.

To answer your question - yes, I do see skin color. But I try to ignore that piece of information.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthisdrift View Post
I agree with the idea of what you're saying. But I think you're saying it unrealistically idealistic, to the point of hyperbole. When you look at a person, you DO see their color (or, colour). You do. At that point you decide whether you form opinions of them based on that color. Do you fall to stereotypes. Do you think of them differently, or treat them differently, or have different expectations of them, based on their skin color? I believe you're saying that we should NOT form opinions of them, or fall to stereotypes, based on their skin color.

But, contrary to your thread title... people with different skin colors DO exist... people generally referred to as "white"... "black"... actually a wide variety of colors... peachy, pinky, brown, tan, black....

To think of each human being as "a person"... as an individual.. without regard to their skin color, cultural heritage, with no preconceptions... that is a noble goal. One that would lead to a better world if we could all do it.

To answer your question - yes, I do see skin color. But I try to ignore that piece of information.
Quote:
I agree with the idea of what you're saying. But I think you're saying it unrealistically idealistic, to the point of hyperbole.
You can not take it literally, it is a way to change people's mind, saying we are all equal is such a waste of time, and having a commercial for the civilian, saying you must not discriminate is such bullshit. You don't tell man what you must and must not do , you find a way, to let him or her think twice, that is the way you do it, Catchthisdrift?
I am actually approaching it in a most realistic way, well that is only my opinion. I don't care to be looked upon as being smart, or being idealistic, i simple care for people, and people is just plain and simple people.

Quote:
When you look at a person, you DO see their color (or, colour). You do.
I just love this line, and this is why i do not try to explain everything, because of the riddle aspect of my style of writing which comes as it comes, you say something like this as a reply, and it is absolutely wonderful !!

But at the same time it is REAL CREEPY what you see, do you understand this Catchthisdrift ?

Quote:
At that point you decide whether you form opinions of them based on that color. Do you fall to stereotypes. Do you think of them differently, or treat them differently, or have different expectations of them, based on their skin color?
I do not see a color Catchthisdrift, NEVER !! I have not been poisened with let us say the wrong way of seeing people....

But i would be lying if i said i do not discriminate, there is always my father's upbringing, and my wife's influence. But , the trick is come down to earth, lower your heart beat and talk, treating someone like a normal human being is as natural as can be in our heart, without our damn ignorant piece of "blackdata" in our brain taking over our moves and our feelings..

If you start getting to know the person, then the skin colour of the face automatically dissolves, and it just is a plain old skin colour as God meant it to be in the first place.........

Quote:
I believe you're saying that we should NOT form opinions of them, or fall to stereotypes, based on their skin color.
I am saying that black people or white people do not exist but just people, would that be not refreshing just to call people people which we all together are.....

I hope one day we will all be attacked by Aliens. Would we then also say, you people save your ass, and we will save our white asses ?? People with white skin is actually good cooking and frying, almost plucked and slowly turning brown.

Quote:
Well that is nice data. but when you speak about people , about individuals, about people with dreams, about people wanting to have a good job, about children wanting to learn, it is not human speaking about somebody colour of the skin......maybe being a model........

I meant PEOPLE EXIST Catchthisdrift and saying black and white people exist is just not true , because you are then justifying what Abraham Lincoln and the GOP were opposed to, in short you are then justifying and creating discrimination......

Quote:
Actually real easy, you start from scratch and teach your children the right way......and with the elderly the hard luck cases people are on it, and myself as a grain of sand in the beaches of New Guinea

Quote:
Everybody sees the skin colour, but that does not mean we have to follow society's influences, we just know better.

I see a new person, and i do want to get to know the people that especially have a dark skin colour, because they are of far countries....

Somebody asked me when i was discussing something : " You know how you look like , right?"

simultaneously the most wonderful and most ignorant question someone asked me.......

And you know why? Because i was being myself totally to the core. No inhibitions, totally free

" as the indian boy who changed in to an eagle in mid air. "

I can see myself in the mirror, but then again i just can not see myself in the mirror, that is actually one great feeling.

Anyways i can take it, SOME others would even panic.

OKAY THEN HOW YOU LOOK IS JUST NOT YOU, HOW IS THAT FOR A STATEMENT ??

IF OUR THOUGHTS WERE TRANSLATED IN TO BEINGS. WHEN WE MEET EACH OTHER , WE WOULD BE UGLY SONS OF A BITCHES.

LET THE SO CALLED INNOCENT KEEP UP A STRAIGHT FACE, what a revelation we will get when A time comes.........

Last edited by Awareness; 06-02-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:54 PM

(What I see isn't creepy - it's true.) We're just going around in circles. I believe we are in agreement in general. You're being more idealistic, I'm being more pragmatic. I believe in your idealism, but it wouldn't work to, say, educate people on how to live it out day to day... it wouldn't work to teach the concepts to a child.

I'm jumping off the circle. I applaud your efforts to try to move people to a more accepting, "see the individual", point of view.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

It's pretty cool how the :ff: is celebrating its 100th anniversary by resurrecting this thread from 1916, back when colorblindness seemed like a good solution to systemic racism, rather than just barely plausible deniability for things like poll tests and redlining and such.

:bday: The Free-Thought Talk Forum and Chat Emporium!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-03-2016), BrotherMan (06-02-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-02-2016), Crumb (06-02-2016), davidm (06-02-2016), Gonzo (06-12-2016), ShottleBop (06-03-2016), Sock Puppet (06-02-2016), The Man (06-03-2016), Watser? (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Spiffiest wanger

It is awesome that :ff: is celebrating its 100th anniversary. How time flies! I’m surprised someone didn’t start a separate thread on the subject.

When you think back to the old days, it’s amazing how far :ff: has come. Back in 1916, if you posted on Monday, you’d be lucky if your post appeared by Friday. Back then, of course, computers were called “difference engines,” and to be cranked by hand just like early cars.

And there were only two smilies! :) :(

I’m thinking back to some of the titles of those long-ago threads:

What do Negroes want?

Women: Everyone into the secretarial pool!

Help! I think my husband is secretly a sodomite. Should I report him to J. Edgar Hoover?

Parents! Do your due diligence over fluoride in our drinking water!

Sure, F.D.R. is president now, but all the young people are becoming Libertarians! Rising!

Happy 100th, :ff:! :wave:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-03-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-02-2016), Crumb (06-03-2016), Gonzo (06-12-2016), lisarea (06-02-2016), Pan Narrans (06-02-2016), The Man (06-03-2016), Watser? (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Sez you, op.

Thanks, from:
Gonzo (06-12-2016), JoeP (06-03-2016), The Man (06-03-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
It's pretty cool how the :ff: is celebrating its 100th anniversary by resurrecting this thread from 1916, back when colorblindness seemed like a good solution to systemic racism, rather than just barely plausible deniability for things like poll tests and redlining and such.

Anyways you got my meaning i see Lisarea

Old 06-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Sez you, op.

Well it is a start discovering colours..........

Old 06-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
It is awesome that :ff: is celebrating its 100th anniversary. How time flies! I’m surprised someone didn’t start a separate thread on the subject.

When you think back to the old days, it’s amazing how far :ff: has come. Back in 1916, if you posted on Monday, you’d be lucky if your post appeared by Friday. Back then, of course, computers were called “difference engines,” and to be cranked by hand just like early cars.

What do Negroes want?

Help! I think my husband is secretly a sodomite. Should I report him to J. Edgar Hoover?

Sure, F.D.R. is president now, but all the young people are becoming Libertarians! Rising!

Even negroes do not exist davidm, just only people as i said.........

It will take a while for some to learn, but you will get there eventually.......

It does look silly now if you said what do black people want.

Last edited by Awareness; 06-02-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:

What do Negroes want?

It will take a while for some to learn, but you will get there eventually.......
Errr .. it's a parody! :shiftier: You know, an ironical comment on longstanding and silly public attitudes ...

If what you're saying is that "Negoes" and "whites" fail to exist in any meaningful way except as cultural constructs, I agree.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-03-2016), Gonzo (06-12-2016), The Man (06-03-2016), Watser? (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do Negroes want?

Errr .. it's a parody! :shiftier: You know, an ironical comment on longstanding and silly public attitudes ...

If what you're saying is that "Negoes" and "whites" fail to exist in any meaningful way except as cultural constructs, I agree.
Let's say it this way then davidm, if we are all ready to say just people then negro or white can maybe be still used when it concerns medical things, how is that, this is still relevant enough, to use the terms negro and white concerning medical issues?

Last edited by Awareness; 06-02-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Quote:
Quote:

I don't think you got my meaning, though.

The argument you're making is kind of facile and outdated. Modern mainstream racism usually doesn't take the form of people saying openly, explicitly racist things. The most insidious form of racism now is dogwhistle racism that relies on people not to notice race.

So, in my examples, redlining is a practice in which organizations such as lenders, health care providers, and shops, rather than directly discriminating according to race, instead discriminate according to area. That is, they draw up maps with red lines delineating areas according to their racial makeup, and do not provide service to those areas. People who don't notice race just provide cover for that discrimination.

Poll tests and taxes work in much the same way. In order to vote, municipalities would require some sort of test or tax at the polls that would disproportionately affect black people. If you've ever heard the term 'grandfather clause,' that refers to an exemption for people whose grandfathers were eligible to vote. And if you didn't notice what color people were, you might not notice that, at the time, black people's grandfathers hadn't had voting rights, so only white people were eligible for that exemption. And there is an increased effort in the US right now explicitly and intentionally trying to prevent black people from voting. Most but not all of them are smart enough not to let that slip, though, so you kind of need to notice when you see lots of people being turned away from the polls, and most of them are black.

Similarly, people who "don't see race" don't see patterns in which racism is prevalent in policing, in schools, and in public perception. Pretending you can't see race doesn't make racism go away. It helps perpetuate it.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-03-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-03-2016), Crumb (06-03-2016), JoeP (06-03-2016), Pan Narrans (06-03-2016), slimshady2357 (06-03-2016), Sock Puppet (06-03-2016), The Man (06-03-2016), Vivisectus (06-03-2016), Watser? (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Similarly, people who "don't see race" don't see patterns in which racism is prevalent in policing, in schools, and in public perception. Pretending you can't see race doesn't make racism go away. It helps perpetuate it.
So, having Awareness on ignore doesn't make him going away?

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-03-2016), The Man (06-03-2016), Watser? (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Quote:
So, having Awareness on ignore doesn't make him going away?
Yes, by not answering him you are allowing his posts to go unchallenged.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think you got my meaning, though.

The argument you're making is kind of facile and outdated. Modern mainstream racism usually doesn't take the form of people saying openly, explicitly racist things. The most insidious form of racism now is dogwhistle racism that relies on people not to notice race.

So, in my examples, redlining is a practice in which organizations such as lenders, health care providers, and shops, rather than directly discriminating according to race, instead discriminate according to area. That is, they draw up maps with red lines delineating areas according to their racial makeup, and do not provide service to those areas. People who don't notice race just provide cover for that discrimination.

Poll tests and taxes work in much the same way. In order to vote, municipalities would require some sort of test or tax at the polls that would disproportionately affect black people. If you've ever heard the term 'grandfather clause,' that refers to an exemption for people whose grandfathers were eligible to vote. And if you didn't notice what color people were, you might not notice that, at the time, black people's grandfathers hadn't had voting rights, so only white people were eligible for that exemption. And there is an increased effort in the US right now explicitly and intentionally trying to prevent black people from voting. Most but not all of them are smart enough not to let that slip, though, so you kind of need to notice when you see lots of people being turned away from the polls, and most of them are black.

You see, i told you so , you got my meaning, read it and weep !!

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy