Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2016, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Free will in philosphy and science

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Why do you keep bringing God into this. God does not force anything. Natural laws are descriptive, remember? God is not forcing us in a certain direction; we choose it because we want to. You are making it seem that God is making you do something that you haven't chosen and don't want to do. You are not being forced by God or anything else to do what you don't want to do. God is in line with whatever you choose, but once you have chosen x based on the contingencies of that moment, you were never free to choose y.
What the fuck is actually wrong with you?

I just said the exact opposite of what you have ascribed to me -- I just got through saying that God's foreknowledge does NOT force our action -- idiot!

And yes, once you have chosen x, you were free to choose y, but did not -- that is the entire fucking point.

Go keep on shitting up your own stupid thread. This is the thread for adults. :wave:
Shut up David. I know what you said. That's why I said that God's foreknowledge is in agreement with whatever you choose. If you choose y, God knew it. If you chose x, God knew it, but God did not interfere with your choice. But this does not prove that you could have chosen y over x just because you weren't forced by God to make the choice you did. I have had to put up with your shit for a long time. I will post wherever I want, whenever I want. Got that? :kissass:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy