Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 04-28-2017, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
It's funny what they leave out. Prevnar 13 is an updated version of Prevnar 7, vaccinating for 6 more serotypes. It was recommended in people over 50 based on Prevnar 7's effective record. It's not like they fast tracked a vaccine out of the blue.

Of course since Pfizer made that statement in 2012 and it's 2017 we can travel to the future to see that they did in fact do those trials. Would you like to guess how they turn out?
Hmm, I wonder why he couldn't find these studies. Something is amiss. According to what he did find was very little to no change in the death rate of people getting pneumonia whether they had the shot or not.

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 04-28-2017, 02:13 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
It's funny what they leave out. Prevnar 13 is an updated version of Prevnar 7, vaccinating for 6 more serotypes. It was recommended in people over 50 based on Prevnar 7's effective record. It's not like they fast tracked a vaccine out of the blue.

Of course since Pfizer made that statement in 2012 and it's 2017 we can travel to the future to see that they did in fact do those trials. Would you like to guess how they turn out?
Hmm, I wonder why he couldn't find these studies. Something is amiss. According to what he did find was very little to no change in the death rate of people getting pneumonia whether they had the shot or not.
He (Brownstein, not Ari) didn't find any studies because he didn't even bother to do a PubMed search:
Quote:
CONCLUSIONS:
Rates of pneumococcal vaccination in elderly patients with pneumococcal infections were very low. Except for septic shock, the main outcome variables (including mortality) were similar to the ones observed in the period preceding PCV-13 authorization. PCV-13 serotypes were responsible for most infections although they showed a decreasing trend.
Pneumococcal infections in elderly patients attending hospital since PCV-13 authorization in Spain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27686179

Last edited by specious_reasons; 04-28-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), Ari (04-28-2017), But (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

peacegirl, you are booked for not doing your due diligence!
Quote:
Dr. Brownstein checked records for pneumonia rates in the United States published by the Centers for Disease Control. Theoretically, if the pneumonia vaccines work, deaths from the disease should be dropping. "When I looked at the CDC's records for pneumonia, I can't see where there has been any decline in deaths from pneumonia."
Setting aside the iffy premise, peacegirl, did you check to see if that is true? Did you check to see if CDC records for deaths from pneumonia show any decline in pneumonia death rates?

Because peacegirl, I did!

peacegirl, would you like to guess what the results are?

Here they are!

Here is the plot, reproduced here so you don't actually have to click on a link and read data, like someone with some critical analysis skills might do!

These are the death rates per 100,000 from pneumonia from 1999-2015, which represents all of the CDC data available online. It includes death rates from Adenoviral pneumonia, Respiratory syncytial virus pneumonia, Parainfluenza virus pneumonia, Human metapneumovirus pneumonia, Other viral pneumonia, Viral pneumonia, unspecified, Pneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, Pneumonia due to Haemophilus influenzae, Pneumonia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas, Pneumonia due to staphylococcus, Pneumonia due to streptococcus, group B, Pneumonia due to other streptococci, Pneumonia due to Escherichia coli, Pneumonia due to other aerobic Gram-negative bacteria, Pneumonia due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Other bacterial pneumonia, Bacterial pneumonia, unspecified, Chlamydial pneumonia, Pneumonia due to other specified infectious organisms, Bronchopneumonia, unspecified, Lobar pneumonia, unspecified, Hypostatic pneumonia, unspecified, Other pneumonia, organism unspecified, and Pneumonia, unspecified.

peacegirl, what do you notice about the chart? What do you notice about the trend? peacegirl, what do you think about your source's statement that "I can't see where there has been any decline in deaths from pneumonia?"

And peacegirl, critically analyze the following statement offered by your own source: "if the pneumonia vaccines work, deaths from the disease should be dropping".

Now, peacegirl, look at deaths from pneumonia over the years - they are dropping!

peacegirl, what do you conclude from this, based on your own source?

ETA: Hey, let's limit this to pneumonia deaths attributed to Streptococcus pneumoniae! Here are number of deaths per year and population in a single plot:

peacegirl, do you see how deaths have decreased by more than 50% even as population has increased? peacegirl, why didn't you do this basic due diligence?

Last edited by ChuckF; 04-28-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), Ari (04-28-2017), But (04-28-2017), specious_reasons (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017), Vivisectus (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 05:01 PM
Mayor of Mayonnaise

Full disclosure time, boys: for a long time Flo was a Fox News addict. I couldnít get enough of the OíReilly Factor.

Eventually my nephew, davidm, demanded that I break my addiction to Fox News. Flo was able to do so only by getting heavily into whiskey.

Now Iím usually too drunk to watch Fox.

Flo mentions this by way of observing that I feel certain peacegirl is a Fox News addict. It would explain a lot. Trust me, Flo knows: Over time, the Fox addiction makes one absolutely impregnable, like a fortress, to facts, reason, data, rationality and logic itself. So when peacegirl, her brain sick on Fox, looks at the chart showing the decline in pneumonia deaths, she sees the chart upside down and concludes that pneumonia deaths are rising, not falling, and that vaccines are to blame. She also imagines she learned this imaginary fact from Fox News (We Report, You Decide).

Iíd recommend to peacegirl heavy drinking to break her Fox News addiction. It worked for Flo, but then I suspect peacegirl, in addition to being a Fox News addict, is already a great big lush. :chug:

Now itís time for my whiskey.
Angakuk (04-28-2017), Ari (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 05:12 PM
here to bore you with pictures

On the plus side, Dr. David Brownstein self-identifies as Jewish and is probably not a holocaust denier.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), Ari (04-28-2017), Pan Narrans (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017), Vivisectus (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:

Imagine my surprise at discovering that peacegirl, she of the due diligence and top-notch critical analysis skills, read some fanciful Internet nonsense and accepted it at face value just because it accords with her existing views! :faint:

Maybe peacegirl was lured in by the siren song of Sylvia Booth Hubbard's writing. I heartell that her book on Mississippi ghosts is a real page-turner.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), But (04-28-2017), ChuckF (04-28-2017), specious_reasons (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
On the plus side, Dr. David Brownstein self-identifies as Jewish and is probably not a holocaust denier.
I'm Jewish and I'm blamed for being a Holocaust denier by Maturin and others just because I quoted a vaccine article from Holocaust deniers. I guess through association. Very scientific! :giggle:

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 04-28-2017, 06:47 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence Jellem View Post
Now itís time for my whiskey.
I think you mean medical whiskey.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 06:53 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
just because I quoted a vaccine article from Holocaust deniers
Actually, peacegirl, you quoted a whole bunch of different articles from various Holocaust deniers. Over and over again. In many different instances. It continues to be extremely funny. Because of all your due diligence and critical analysis.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), specious_reasons (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017), Vivisectus (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
Quote:
I'm Jewish and I'm blamed for being a Holocaust denier by Maturin and others just because I quoted a vaccine article from Holocaust deniers. I guess through association. Very scientific! :giggle:
Ermmm... you mean you habitually quote holocaust deniers. In fact, you seem to have an uncanny ability to find the most objectionable, unreliable sources possible, again and again.

If this were a serious venue for a discussion on vaccines, I would seriously suspect you of being a piece of software designed by big pharma to discredit anti-vaccine advocates by handily associating them with the most objectionable and patently untrustworthy sources on the entire internet.

A piece of software that diligently scours the internet seeking out the most rabid anti-semites, the most scientifically illiterate crackpots, the most mercenary quacks and loons from fringes so distant that flat earthers think they are a bit out there.

I really think it is possible you have found something you are legitimately good at, in fact.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-28-2017), Ari (04-28-2017), ChuckF (04-28-2017), specious_reasons (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Ermmm... you mean you habitually quote holocaust deniers. In fact, you seem to have an uncanny ability to find the most objectionable, unreliable sources possible, again and again.

If this were a serious venue for a discussion on vaccines, I would seriously suspect you of being a piece of software designed by big pharma to discredit anti-vaccine advocates by handily associating them with the most objectionable and patently untrustworthy sources on the entire internet.

A piece of software that diligently scours the internet seeking out the most rabid anti-semites, the most scientifically illiterate crackpots, the most mercenary quacks and loons from fringes so distant that flat earthers think they are a bit out there.

I really think it is possible you have found something you are legitimately good at, in fact.
Vivisectus, your mind is already made up. There is no discussion.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

And your mind isn't?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
And your mind isn't?
My mind is open to hear all sides. I cannot help that my conclusions lean in a certain direction. That doesn't mean I haven't given it serious thought. I'm being discredited for illegitimate reasons which has gone on for the length of time I'be been here! The only reason you attack the individual is because you have no refutation when it comes to the content. If one plus one equals two, I don't care if Hitler was the person who I got this knowledge from. Hating Hitler doesn't change the validity of the content. This doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer! You're all sick in the head! :yup:

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-28-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:54 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
And your mind isn't?
I'm not. Rain washed as I'm being portrayed! This way of discredidstion is a trick.
It's good to see that peacegirl is taking Miss Flo's advice!

:drunk4:

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-29-2017), But (04-28-2017), ChuckF (04-28-2017), The Man (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
If one plus one equals two, I don't care if Hitler was the person who I got this knowledge from. Hating Hitler doesn't change the validity of the content. This doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer!
If the World Jewry fabricated the Holocaust as a money-making scheme and weaponized vaccines for use in a war of extermination against the white race, I don't care Dr. Lorraine Day, Jeff Prager, et al. are the people I got this knowledge from. Hating Day, Prager and Co. doesn't change the validity of the content. This does not make me - or anyone else - an anti-Semite!

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-29-2017), The Man (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
Quote:
If one plus one equals two, I don't care if Hitler was the person who I got this knowledge from. Hating Hitler doesn't change the validity of the content. This doesn't make me a Nazi sympathizer!
If the World Jewry fabricated the Holocaust as a money-making scheme and weaponized vaccines for use in a war of extermination against the white race, I don't care Dr. Lorraine Day, Jeff Prager, et al. are the people I got this knowledge from. Hating Day, Prager and Co. doesn't change the validity of the content. This does not make me - or anyone else - an anti-Semite!
How they use knowledge for their ends, or the lies they fabricate agaist the Jews, does not change the fact that thimerisol is a known toxin in vaccines. You know what you're doing but you have nothing else in which to argue. You could never win a legitimate argument this way. You would be disqualified the first round in any serious debate

Old 04-28-2017, 09:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
The only reason you attack the individual is because you have no refutation when it comes to the content.
:cough:

Uh, peacegirl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Dr. Brownstein checked records for pneumonia rates in the United States published by the Centers for Disease Control. Theoretically, if the pneumonia vaccines work, deaths from the disease should be dropping. "When I looked at the CDC's records for pneumonia, I can't see where there has been any decline in deaths from pneumonia."
Setting aside the iffy premise, peacegirl, did you check to see if that is true? Did you check to see if CDC records for deaths from pneumonia show any decline in pneumonia death rates?

Here they are!

Here is the plot, reproduced here so you don't actually have to click on a link and read data, like someone with some critical analysis skills might do!

These are the death rates per 100,000 from pneumonia from 1999-2015, which represents all of the CDC data available online. It includes death rates from Adenoviral pneumonia, Respiratory syncytial virus pneumonia, Parainfluenza virus pneumonia, Human metapneumovirus pneumonia, Other viral pneumonia, Viral pneumonia, unspecified, Pneumonia due to Streptococcus pneumoniae, Pneumonia due to Haemophilus influenzae, Pneumonia due to Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pneumonia due to Pseudomonas, Pneumonia due to staphylococcus, Pneumonia due to streptococcus, group B, Pneumonia due to other streptococci, Pneumonia due to Escherichia coli, Pneumonia due to other aerobic Gram-negative bacteria, Pneumonia due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Other bacterial pneumonia, Bacterial pneumonia, unspecified, Chlamydial pneumonia, Pneumonia due to other specified infectious organisms, Bronchopneumonia, unspecified, Lobar pneumonia, unspecified, Hypostatic pneumonia, unspecified, Other pneumonia, organism unspecified, and Pneumonia, unspecified.

peacegirl, what do you notice about the chart? What do you notice about the trend? peacegirl, what do you think about your source's statement that "I can't see where there has been any decline in deaths from pneumonia?"

And peacegirl, critically analyze the following statement offered by your own source: "if the pneumonia vaccines work, deaths from the disease should be dropping".

Now, peacegirl, look at deaths from pneumonia over the years - they are dropping!

ETA: Hey, let's limit this to pneumonia deaths attributed to Streptococcus pneumoniae! Here are number of deaths per year and population in a single plot:

peacegirl, do you see how deaths have decreased by more than 50% even as population has increased? peacegirl, why didn't you do this basic due diligence?
peacegirl, this is called doing your due diligence - the fact that you never do it tells me that you are a Corruptor who hates the Authentic Text. Instead, you just spend your time being happily hoodwinked by hucksters and Holocaust deniers, while claiming not to have time to protect the intellectual legacy of Seymour Lessans! peacegirl, send your hucksters and anti-Semites more money. Leave the rest to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The only reason you attack the individual is because you have no refutation when it comes to the content.

Uh, peacegirl:
Quote:
Quote:

Here they are!

peacegirl, this is called doing your due diligence - the fact that you never do it tells me that you are a Corruptor who hates the Authentic Text.
Like they keep saying to me, how do you know these graphs haven't been doctored? Who cares if they're from official sites that claim to be legit. Sound familiar? :laugh:

Old 04-28-2017, 09:51 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Like they keep saying to me, how do you know these graphs haven't been tampered with? Who cares if they're from official sites. That's exactly what Ive been told. laugh:
What? Like who keeps saying to you, peacegirl?

peacegirl, you haven't even clicked on the link to the CDC data, have you? You know, the CDC data that your own source cited - and, incidentally, lied about. If you had, you would see that you can view the raw data yourself.

But peacegirl, of course you did not do that. I never expected you to.

peacegirl, if you ever wonder, this is precisely the cognitive bias that I have exploited to immensely entertaining effect in my Revolution in Thought thread. If something does not affirm your pre-existing beliefs, it is literally invisible to you.

peacegirl, this is one reason why you cannot be trusted to interpret the Authentic Text, and why your Corrupted Text must be rejected.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-29-2017), Ari (04-28-2017), But (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-29-2017), The Man (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Uh, peacegirl:
Quote:
Quote:

Here they are!

peacegirl, this is called doing your due diligence - the fact that you never do it tells me that you are a Corruptor who hates the Authentic Text. Instead, you just spend your time being happily hoodwinked by hucksters and Holocaust deniers, while claiming not to have time to protect the intellectual legacy of Seymour Lessans! peacegirl, send your hucksters and anti-Semites more money. Leave the rest to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text.
You have not done your due diligence when it comes to my father's work. You are a complete and utter fraud. I will not talk to any further on this topic.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:57 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
You have e not done your due diligence of my father's work. You are a complete and utter fraud. I will not talk to about my father's work.
peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. I reject, as diligence demands, your Corrupted Text, because it is Corrupt. I undertake diligently to cut away the cancer of your Corrupted Text, and repair that damage that you have attempted to do to the Authentic Text. I interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.

And peacegirl, of course you will talk about your father's work, if I want you to. You cannot deny me this, for I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. Why peacegirl, just look how many times you have pretended to ignore me, or to leave :ff:, only to return to talk about your father's work with me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text. peacegirl, you have much to learn from me about the Authentic Text. I am here to teach.
Thanks, from:
Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Peacegirl, if I have cancer, which vaccine denier's cure is most effective?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-29-2017), But (04-28-2017), Stephen Maturin (04-29-2017), The Man (04-29-2017), Vivisectus (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You have e not done your due diligence of my father's work. You are a complete and utter fraud. I will not talk to about my father's work.
peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. I reject, as diligence demands, your Corrupted Text, because it is Corrupt. I undertake diligently to cut away the cancer of your Corrupted Text, and repair that damage that you have attempted to do to the Authentic Text. I interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime.

And peacegirl, of course you will talk about your father's work, if I want you to. You cannot deny me this, for I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. Why peacegirl, just look how many times you have pretended to ignore me, or to leave :ff:, only to return to talk about your father's work with me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text. peacegirl, you have much to learn from me about the Authentic Text. I am here to teach.
You are obsessed Chuck!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Peacegirl, if I have cancer, which vaccine denier's cure is most effective?
Vaccine deniers (and that is a misnomer) are not all fundies who don't appreciate science. You're all washed up.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:34 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are obsessed Chuck!
No, peacegirl - I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

peacegirl, your refusal to engage with the actual data that your own source cited tells me that you are not a real seeker of truth! You are not a thinker! You have no critical analysis skills. peacegirl, I did you due diligence for you (because you cannot do it yourself) and still you have no understanding of what is front of you.

peacegirl, this is precisely why you cannot be trusted with the Authentic Text, and why your Corrupted Text must be rejected.
Thanks, from:

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle