Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Done

Default Self Ban Me

It is with a sad heart that I bid this forum goodbye. After spending a day in tears from the pain of my own past traumas, I realized that to stay on this forum is not good for me. I can't handle that people think that child abuse is something to joke about or make fun of. It is too painful. When I clicked on the link I had no idea that it was a joke about child sexual abuse. Gawd, it was awful and I can't handle it.

Thank you Megatron and Doc for your notes to me, I appreciate it. I am going to miss the laughter, fun and good conversation and threads that made me think, it was all good, except for this one thing. I hope some will realize the pain they cause when joking about other people's trauma. I don't know when something like this became an acceptable thing to do, but I want you to know how painful it is for us who have suffered. It is not something that goes away.

Liv please ban me so that I am not tempted to come back in and post, I don't want another day like yesterday and it will help me to avoid stumbling in on something that causes me so much pain. It's going to be tough as this is a daily habit for me, that has turned into something not good for my well being. :sadcheer:

I will come back in and read this thread if anyone cares to leave some words. I will miss many of you and some I will keep in touch with over on Facebook.
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (09-07-2014)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium