Default Re: Yo, top 1%: shut the fuck up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Boring troll is boring :yawn:
Does your butt hurt?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:31 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I sold six corporations yesterday and bought eight more, tax free. So, kiss my arse, bottom 99%.
beyelzu (08-29-2009), Contrapposto (04-23-2012), Stormlight (02-20-2010), The Man (02-20-2010)
Old 08-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Strabismic Ungulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Does your butt hurt?
Let me guess: you own the company that makes Preparation H?
Adam (08-28-2009), ChuckF (08-28-2009), chunksmediocrites (08-29-2009), Clutch Munny (08-28-2009), Contrapposto (04-23-2012), livius drusus (08-28-2009), Nullifidian (08-29-2009), Sauron (03-21-2010), Stormlight (02-20-2010), The Man (02-20-2010), Watser? (08-28-2009)
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Captain #EmbraceTheImpossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Does your butt hurt?
Or anal lube.
The Man (02-20-2010)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Obama stealing from the poor to give to the rich, and all you can come up with is elementary insults?

:sadcheer:
Old 08-29-2009, 04:04 AM
Strabismic Ungulate

Quote:
Obama stealing from the poor to give to the rich, and all you can come up with is elementary insults?

:winesnob:
Adam (08-31-2009), ChuckF (08-29-2009), chunksmediocrites (08-29-2009), Nullifidian (08-29-2009), Sauron (03-21-2010), The Man (02-20-2010), Watser? (08-29-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 04:08 AM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:

:capitalistpig:
Thanks, from:
Adam (08-31-2009), Crumb (08-31-2009), Nullifidian (08-29-2009), Qingdai (08-29-2009), Sauron (03-21-2010), The Man (02-20-2010), Watser? (08-29-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Does your butt hurt?
I had 20 on a company that makes exlax since the end product better describes his posts. :D
Old 08-29-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:

I started all the corporations, I did not buy them.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Strabismic Ungulate

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't get all butthurt on me.
chunksmediocrites (08-30-2009), The Man (02-20-2010)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
the internet says I'm right

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, so you mean you didn't just take advantage of the corrupt corporate system for a good investment, but started from day one with the intention of capitalizing on this corrupt system, which you claim you wish didn't exist.

You, sir, are a true Capitalist, never letting your personal values get in the way of making a few bucks.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (08-30-2009), LadyShea (01-28-2014), Nullifidian (08-29-2009), The Man (02-20-2010)
Old 08-29-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, so you mean you didn't just take advantage of the corrupt corporate system for a good investment, but started from day one with the intention of capitalizing on this corrupt system, which you claim you wish didn't exist.

You, sir, are a true Capitalist, never letting your personal values get in the way of making a few bucks.

Your logic makes no sense.

By your flawed logic anyone that disagrees with any government policy should refuse to pay any taxes.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:31 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lol litte person itt
Old 08-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne

Quote:
You give him far too much credit. You assume he had personal values in the first place.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:34 AM
the internet says I'm right

Quote:
By your flawed logic anyone that disagrees with any government policy should refuse to pay any taxes.
I'm not seeing where you get that from. What I see is you capitalizing on a system, corporations, you personally have described as corrupt, and have stated that you would prefer it did not exist.

Could you not have run a successful business without making them corporations? Lots of people do. Instead you chose a route that goes against values you have professed, and I can only imagine this was done because you would make more money at the head of a corporation than a regular business, and with less risk if things went south too.

In other words, you utilized a system you think is wrong for your own profit. As I said, a true capitalist.

The only way I can see any analogy to taxes would be to accept a tax credit for something you believe people shouldn't receive a tax credit for. Kind of a flimsy analogy, but I'm trying to give you the benefit of a doubt.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (08-30-2009), Nullifidian (08-30-2009), The Man (02-20-2010), Watser? (08-30-2009)
Old 08-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not seeing where you get that from. What I see is you capitalizing on a system, corporations, you personally have described as corrupt, and have stated that you would prefer it did not exist.
You did it again.

You are intentionally misconstruing what I said.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:53 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

:ohnoes:
Old 10-18-2009, 08:22 PM

Firedoglake » Concern Trolling from NYT’s Spokesman for The Rich

Quote:
Apparently Paul Sullivan, the New York Times Rich People Beat reporter who wrote about the problems of the super-rich a couple of weeks ago, wasn’t prepared for the waves of derision I predicted here. He’s written another column expressing sorrow that ordinary people not only don’t care about the problems of the super-rich, they are downright angry.

Quote:
The vehemence in these e-mail messages made me wonder why so many people were furious at those who had more than they did. And why are the rich shouldering the blame for a collective run of bad decision-making? After all, many of the rich got there through hard work. And plenty of not-so-rich people bought homes, cars and electronics they could not afford and then defaulted on the debt, contributing to the crash last year.
Let me explain, Mr. Sullivan. No one is angry at anyone because they are wealthy. People are angry because of the damage the rich and their minions on Wall Street and K Street and in the Bush White House have inflicted on the political and economic system. These people changed the system to increase their profit at the expense of the dreams of average Americans.

They weren’t satisfied with the normal returns from the ordinary business of the country, new businesses, new processes, education and growth for the benefit of all of us. No. They gutted the regulatory structures and the tax system, reaping a huge unearned windfall. They took the capital accumulated in their hands from the sweat of the workers and invested it in other countries, putting millions out of work. They changed the rules to let them import educated foreigners to drive down the wages of middle class Americans. They took all the profits themselves, increasing wealth inequality to pre-Depression levels, as this infuriating chart shows. They left nothing for the workers and the middle class. Anger is the least they can expect.
Like I said, 1939 progressive income tax worked once and needs to make a comeback with no changes.
Beware the Plutocrat Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
29th scroll, 6th verse
the Lawgiver
Thanks, from:
Caligulette (10-19-2009), chunksmediocrites (10-19-2009), freemonkey (10-19-2009), Pan Narrans (10-19-2009), The Man (02-20-2010), Watser? (10-19-2009)
Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 PM

A Look at the Tax Returns of the Top 400 Taxpayers - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Quote:
The top 400 U.S. individual taxpayers got 1.59% of the nation’s household income in 2007, according to their tax returns, three times the slice they got in the 1990s, according to the Internal Revenue Service. They paid 2.05% of all individual income taxes in that year.

In its annual update of the taxes paid by the 400 best-off taxpayers, who aren’t identified, the IRS also said that only 220 of the top 400 were in the top marginal tax bracket. The 400 best-off taxpayers paid an average tax rate of 16.6%, lower than in any year since the IRS began making the reports in 1992.

To make the top 400, a taxpayer had to have income of more than $138.8 million. As a group, the top 400 reported $137.9 billion in income, and paid $22.9 billion in federal income taxes.

About 81.3% of the income of the top 400 households came in the form of capital gains, dividends or interest, the IRS data show. Only 6.5% came in the form of salaries and wages.

Over the past 16 tax years 3,472 different taxpayers showed up in the top 400 at least once. Of these taxpayers, a little
more than 27% appear more than once. In any given year, about 40% percent of the top-400 returns were filed by taxpayers who weren’t in that exclusive club in any of the 15 years .

In all, the IRS received nearly 143 million individual tax returns for 2007, the year that ended with the onset of the worst recession in decades.
Beware the Plutocrat Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
29th scroll, 6th verse
the Lawgiver
Thanks, from:
Adam (02-22-2010), Anastasia Beaverhausen (02-21-2010), Caligulette (02-21-2010), chunksmediocrites (02-22-2010), Clutch Munny (02-20-2010), freemonkey (03-14-2010), Kael (02-20-2010), Nullifidian (02-20-2010), The Man (02-20-2010), Zehava (02-22-2010)
Old 03-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jug Pilot View Post

Quote:
The top 400 U.S. individual taxpayers got 1.59% of the nation’s household income in 2007, according to their tax returns, three times the slice they got in the 1990s, according to the Internal Revenue Service. They paid 2.05% of all individual income taxes in that year.

In its annual update of the taxes paid by the 400 best-off taxpayers, who aren’t identified, the IRS also said that only 220 of the top 400 were in the top marginal tax bracket. The 400 best-off taxpayers paid an average tax rate of 16.6%, lower than in any year since the IRS began making the reports in 1992.

To make the top 400, a taxpayer had to have income of more than $138.8 million. As a group, the top 400 reported $137.9 billion in income, and paid $22.9 billion in federal income taxes.

About 81.3% of the income of the top 400 households came in the form of capital gains, dividends or interest, the IRS data show. Only 6.5% came in the form of salaries and wages.

Over the past 16 tax years 3,472 different taxpayers showed up in the top 400 at least once. Of these taxpayers, a little
more than 27% appear more than once. In any given year, about 40% percent of the top-400 returns were filed by taxpayers who weren’t in that exclusive club in any of the 15 years .

In all, the IRS received nearly 143 million individual tax returns for 2007, the year that ended with the onset of the worst recession in decades.

That is because every time you ask for tax increases on the rich, they tax the working class.

Thus anyone asking for tax increases on the rich is in reality asking for their own taxes to be increased.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Like I said, 1939 progressive income tax worked once and needs to make a comeback with no changes.
Then would cause a dramatic reduction in tax revenue, where would government get the money it now spends?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

That is because every time you ask for tax increases on the rich, they tax the working class.

Thus anyone asking for tax increases on the rich is in reality asking for their own taxes to be increased.
Who is they?
29th scroll, 6th verse
the Lawgiver
Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Who is they?
The sentence structure is clear.

Those that are asked to tax the rich.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Who is they?
29th scroll, 6th verse
the Lawgiver
Old 03-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Quote:
Then would cause a dramatic reduction in tax revenue, where would government get the money it now spends?
And your evidence for this unfounded assertion comes from where exactly? Oh right, you don't have any.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law