Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 06-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Typing..

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

Your dream clearly symbolises the technological collapse of civilisation.

(spoilered for not being interesting)

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:       :eur:       :m&ms::m&ms::twix::twix: (rotated 180°):m&ms::m&ms:
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (06-24-2020), lisarea (06-24-2020), Stormlight (07-13-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 07:06 PM
More of a "before rehab" friend

Two fellow :fflove:ers appear in this installment, though one was in name only.

First, lisapea and I and a couple of rando dudes went and had breakfast at a greasy spoon in a narrow mountain pass. We chose this place because it was on the way to my mom's where I was driving next, and it was one of pea's favorite places to eat. The restaurant had huge windows for enjoying the mountain views, which allowed me to dream-POV the events from outside (as opposed to from my own eyeballs), but that meant I couldn't hear what was going on inside.

There was an issue when it came time to pay the bill, because the cashier was on the same end of the long, narrow restaurant that we entered, and I needed to exit on the other end if I wanted to continue through the pass instead of returning the way I had come. My car was already on the correct end, which I could see from my god's eye dream POV, so no idea why the me inside the building couldn't simply walk around to it, but like I said I couldn't hear what anyone was saying so I was really just guessing at what the problem was.

Second, I was at a conference at a hotel, and it was in the format of some of my "favorite" dream venues, where the hallways and elevators and escalators make zero sense and it's impossible for me to find anything and this is the source of the majority of the dream anxiety.

I checked in to the hotel and then dropped off my bags in room 109, and there was a guy there who in retrospect looked like T.J. Miller, but in the dream he was just this guy I already knew. He was like, "Why are you putting your shit in my room?" and he had a girl in his room :nudge: and she was also like, "Who is this chick and why is she in your room?" to the guy.

I looked at my keys (old-timey metal keys!) and they were for room 209, and I was like, "Oh, my bad, wrong room. Can I leave my stuff here until I find my room?" and they were OK with that. Apparently I was dream-genre-savvy enough to predict that even though my room should just be one floor up, there's no way this was going to be easy, and I was right.

Cut to boring and annoying sequence of me trying to navigate this hotel and find my room, and I asked for help from the hotel employees and people from the conference, and everybody was a complete asshole about it. "Yeah I know it should just be one floor up but how the fuck do I get there? Yes I tried the escalator, it only goes to the bar," etc., etc.

Then there was the business with the conference badges, and my coworker (portrayed by an actual coworker that I would be likely to attend a conference with, in a rare realistic dream subversion) hands me my badge and another badge, this one a press badge, with the complete real-life first and last name of our friend curses on it. She's like, "You know her, right? Can you give this to her?"

Some more stuff happened at the hotel bar, with enough detail that I remember well enough to share, but it's just more of the same boring and stupid and anxiety-inducing flavor of stuff so I'll stop here.

Fin.
BrotherMan (07-11-2020), JoeP (07-10-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-10-2020), lisarea (07-10-2020), slimshady2357 (07-11-2020), Sock Puppet (07-13-2020), Stormlight (07-13-2020)
Old 07-10-2020, 07:36 PM
More of a "before rehab" friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
(spoilered for not being interesting)
I don't think you understand this thread.
BrotherMan (07-11-2020), JoeP (07-10-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-10-2020), lisarea (07-10-2020), Stormlight (07-13-2020)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium