Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Not as smart as Adam

Default Re: Transformers Mafia - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Dl, even if Contra is white knighting, why would that be suspicious? How often have you seen scum vociferously defending each other in a game thread?

I do think slim responded suspiciously aggressively as the bandwagon on him grew. He is not off my suspect list.

Having said that, though, unvote; vote: Leeesifer. Participation, young lady!
I didn't mean that it's weird in a scum way, just that it's weird in a game play way. But I'll accept that he was trying to prod JA into something.
Adam (03-01-2010)
Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Man, the French have a different word for everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
So when are you going to be done with the silliness, bey?
oh ah aint aimin ta be dun anytime soon.
Damn. The "Slingblade" voice rings in my head everytime I read these bey!

Imaginary Q&A ensues:

Contrapposto: "Bey...what are you doing with that horrible style anyway?"
Beyelzu: "I rekondz iz gowna kilz awl ya'll wit it..."

Aaaaarrrgh!
Old 02-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

I was just coming in here to bitch about Leesifer being too quiet, but then I checked the Who Posted search and it turns out she has posted fully twice as much as Demimonde. I had the opposite impression. Even with Contra hogging the computer in his newbish glee, that shit ain't right.

unvote; vote Demimonde
Old 02-27-2010, 03:40 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

dat shore is a big change from tha last game.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Saym cood be sed fer yoo...."Billy-bey"...:lmao:
Old 02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
I was just coming in here to bitch about Leesifer being too quiet, but then I checked the Who Posted search and it turns out she has posted fully twice as much as Demimonde. I had the opposite impression. Even with Contra hogging the computer in his newbish glee, that shit ain't right.

unvote; vote Demimonde
There is a reason for that impression. If posting one or two liner nothing posts twice as often as I post my longer analytical posts, then I suppose you are right. Also, most folks have inflated number of posts due to the bitching about no edits. I've been previewing, but maybe I should start double posting so it "looks" better.

I suppose that I could wander around like a lot of other posters and say, 'dear me, there's nothing to go on," but I think there is enough of that going around.

I may not have a lot of posts, but I think I have been participating more than others.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 PM

Dear me no edits! :vapours:

bey, that is true. I am playing it a little cooler this game. If you remember, my hyperactive noobishness nearly got me lynched last Day 1, which would have hurt town. I don't want a repeat of that stupidity. But hey if you lynch me for being too quiet at least that's better than y'all lynching me for showing my ass.

Oh and thanks for elaborating your "me too" vote so there is at least something to respond too.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Quote:

unvote; vote Demimonde
Demi is actually sayin' stuff, though. My (minor, granted) suspicion of Lees is not solely due to low participation, but the relatively low game content of what she has posted.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
There is a reason for that impression. If posting one or two liner nothing posts twice as often as I post my longer analytical posts, then I suppose you are right. Also, most folks have inflated number of posts due to the bitching about no edits. I've been previewing, but maybe I should start double posting so it "looks" better.

I suppose that I could wander around like a lot of other posters and say, 'dear me, there's nothing to go on," but I think there is enough of that going around.
That's a tad on the ungenerous side. The most frequent posters also have proffered the most game discussion. Honestly the worst useless blather itg has been between me and bey and despite your characterization of it as "babytalk" in one post and a "heated exchange" in another, that was a debate about gameplay (on my part, anyway), not some "there's nothing going on" complaints.

Quote:
I may not have a lot of posts, but I think I have been participating more than others.
That's true. Adam is right that Lees' lack of posting has been characterized by a lack of actual participation whereas your fewer posts are at the very least participatory.

I'm not persuaded by your latest explanation for laying low, however. Earlier you explained a lull in Contra's posting by saying he is active weekends because he works days and had events Monday and Tuesday, yet you remained inactive even while he was elsewhere. Then you told Joshua Adams that you weren't posting much because you had to share with Contra and his newbie giddiness. Now you say you're quiet by intent because you don't want to incur the same suspicion you did in your first game.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:45 PM

Actually in that first post I explained that "we" worked an event that Monday. He MC'd and I helped him host Drink & Draw. Then that Tuesday I was studying for a test that was the next morning. It feels beyond silly to be asked to account for my time.

I have been sharing the computer so that is a mitagating factor. It also had slightly annoyed me so it was a bit of a passive aggressive dig at the Mister to share the family toys. My response to bey on the other hand was more in response to his metagaming saying I've changed since the last game. Which he had a point about and I felt was worth responding to.

None of this is contradictory and it all factors together. I could also throw in my birthday Wednesday keeping me away and the cold that I've picked up that rounded out this week. Does that make me some how more suspicious? It seems pretty silly to me.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Poll Re: Transformers Mafia - Game Thread

:yup:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
Quote:
Saym cood be sed fer yoo...."Billy-bey"...:lmao:
Seriously. I'da spec dat every1 would act just about the same as dey always do.:gonzoclown:

The only person here who seems to be playing differently, who have carried over from the Mafia-ran time before Transformers, I would say is Demi.

Bey you're no help. Decepticon or not, you should make some attempt to make sense of your posts. Though, like most Bastards, I do enjoy some good irony.

It's not that you are stupid, just the way you are acting is sort of kind of stupid. You know? I think it is part of a defensive thing. Like you act really hostile whenever you are accused. Instead try to state why you are innocent :innocent: and not just evil :sadcheer:

Now everybody bow. :bow:
Gonzo has spoken.

:shoopdawhoop:

:chat: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
(Gizmo has entered the chatroom)
(Gizmo): :yup: Gonzo's right. bey has been acting in an unhelpful matter. He is no good to our group when he is so unwilling to cooperate. :yup:
Gonzo: Thank you Gizmo, for those kind words. :)
(Lord Megatron has entered the chatroom)
Gonzo: hello Megatron, and welcome to the Hidden Forums. :D
Lord Megatron: Why hello, my good friend, Gonzo! Here is that secret PM I wanted to give you.
Gonzo: Stellar, man.
Lord Megatron: "bey you are a vacuum cleaner Decepticon called SuckTron. You have the sepcial night action of trying to screw in a light bulb."
(Gizmo): Golly,Gonzo, we gotta tell the others.
Gonzo: Absolutely, yes. We must.

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
Adam (02-28-2010), Contrapposto (03-11-2010), Ensign Steve (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Joshua doesn't post much, Contra. I don't think we're at the point where you can consider a low postcount in the thread as laying low.

This has been ringing in the back of my mind all week and resurfaced today(though only the first sentence) because the second sentence could have made the argument on it's own. The "Joshua doesn't post much" part is unneccessary and just doesn't make sense in light of recent reasons for a vote for Demi by liv. Couldn't I say "Demi doesn't post much" (responding to your vote) or "Leesifer doesn't post much" for that matter too?...What about ES? Or, until recently, my good buddy JA (who has also fallen off the radar...again)? Would any person's reasons for not really responding to what has been said by others be something like "I have'nt seen anything worth responding to?" Bey and liv...are that your reason as well?

This coupled with the "Hans Slingblade" / "Princess Leghumper" (dichotomy or duo) thing going on between bey and liv..as if everyone else were virtually nonexistant has honestly been arousing my suspicions too. I know one could assume that they just do that however if one or both were decepticon it would be the best of covers to take advantage of.

It might very well translate to many of you observing it as being normal / active participation (and post count) while in reality neither are saying much of anything directly related to the game at hand although bey has said more in direct response to others posts....in his 'Speshal' way. (I hope I don't have to read bey's posts again!!)

Should I continue to suspect JA as well?

With two additional players in this game (vs. the last one) how many decepticons could we be looking for possibly?

This assuming that even on day 1 the decepticons know who the others are...correct ?(seriously..I really don't know for sure so somebody tell me). If my assumption is incorrect then these thoughts are pretty worthless.

I find it frustrating that all of these points can be argued for or against which is why I am not voting at this time.

...just putting the thoughts out there with hope that one of you catches something that I might be missing.

I hesitate to send this for fear of the 'white knighting' argument. Just consider whether my thoughts would be any more valid if this was not a possibility or does the fact that we are an item legitimately negate these submissions altogether?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:16 AM

Where the hell is slim for that matter? Chime in would ya?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Adams View Post
Don't flatter yourself. I post when there's something worth posting about, and this game has had an inordinately long joke phase. It's painfully obvious that you're butthurt that I'm voting for Demimonde, and your criticisms of me fit her much better (low post count, 'riding on others attempts' -- bey and slim votes anyone?)
Both of the counter-arguments I mentioned in #237.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
This has been ringing in the back of my mind all week and resurfaced today(though only the first sentence) because the second sentence could have made the argument on it's own. The "Joshua doesn't post much" part is unneccessary and just doesn't make sense in light of recent reasons for a vote for Demi by liv. Couldn't I say "Demi doesn't post much" (responding to your vote) or "Leesifer doesn't post much" for that matter too?...What about ES?
No, you couldn't. In the 3 months before he signed up for this game, for example, JA has made less than 50 posts. In that same time period, Demi has almost 500, and ES almost 1900. Leesifer you'd have a better argument because she's been offline more than usual lately, but even so she still has 4 times the number of posts JA has from mid-February to early November.

My point about JA was a carefully qualified one: his posting frequency at the beginning of this game was not inherent suspicious. That's not to say there aren't other causes of suspicion to be found in posting frequency in general. It can be a brick in the wall, for sure, although not in my opinion a reason for full-throated condemnation.

Quote:
Or, until recently, my good buddy JA (who has also fallen off the radar...again)? Would any person's reasons for not really responding to what has been said by others be something like "I have'nt seen anything worth responding to?" Bey and liv...are that your reason as well?
I respond to people fairly frequently. Often enough that I tire of myself, frankly, so if you're asking me why I don't reply to every single post made in the thread, all I can say is I find the alternative a mind-numbing prospect in a game thread and in any other.

Quote:
This coupled with the "Hans Slingblade" / "Princess Leghumper" (dichotomy or duo) thing going on between bey and liv..as if everyone else were virtually nonexistant has honestly been arousing my suspicions too. I know one could assume that they just do that however if one or both were decepticon it would be the best of covers to take advantage of.
Oy. WIFOM. This sort of thinking leads nowhere. Everything everyone does can be read as an intentional deception because Decepticons wouldn't do it or would they just to intentionally deceive because people think Decepticons wouldn't do it, and on and on like that.

Quote:
Should I continue to suspect JA as well?
Yes.

Quote:
With two additional players in this game (vs. the last one) how many decepticons could we be looking for possibly?
No idea, and not a fruitful pursuit on the first day. We only have to find one.

Quote:
This assuming that even on day 1 the decepticons know who the others are...correct ?(seriously..I really don't know for sure so somebody tell me). If my assumption is incorrect then these thoughts are pretty worthless.
Yes they know. That's the crux of this game: the bad guys have more information than the good guys because they know who they are.

Quote:
I find it frustrating that all of these points can be argued for or against which is why I am not voting at this time.
That's cool, but you're not likely to find yourself unfrustrated anytime soon.

Quote:
...just putting the thoughts out there with hope that one of you catches something that I might be missing.

I hesitate to send this for fear of the 'white knighting' argument. Just consider whether my thoughts would be any more valid if this was not a possibility or does the fact that we are an item legitimately negate these submissions altogether?
It doesn't, but if you're innocent, your first impulse might be to see her in an innocent light more than I would, say. It's simple, really: suspect everyone.
Thanks, from:
Contrapposto (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
Actually in that first post I explained that "we" worked an event that Monday. He MC'd and I helped him host Drink & Draw. Then that Tuesday I was studying for a test that was the next morning. It feels beyond silly to be asked to account for my time.
I'm not asking you to account for a thing. Just pointing out that the information you volunteered seemed somewhat scattered.

Quote:
I have been sharing the computer so that is a mitagating factor. It also had slightly annoyed me so it was a bit of a passive aggressive dig at the Mister to share the family toys. My response to bey on the other hand was more in response to his metagaming saying I've changed since the last game. Which he had a point about and I felt was worth responding to.
Okay. Not giving a huge rat's ass about meta, I don't think it's inherently suspicious that you would post less this game. I just came here looking to vote for Lees for laying low and found to my surprise that she had posted twice as much as you. I felt that was worth a vote given my intent towards her.

Quote:
None of this is contradictory and it all factors together. I could also throw in my birthday Wednesday keeping me away and the cold that I've picked up that rounded out this week. Does that make me some how more suspicious? It seems pretty silly to me.
Not really, no. It's hardly some huge j'accuse moment.

Aight, I'll go with my original intent and cast some pressure Lees' way. unvote; vote Lees
Old 02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Dissonance is its own reward

Vote Count: j'accuse edition :wink:

1. Demimonde -2 (Joshua Adams, beyelzu)
2. Deadlokd
3. Adam
4. Contrapposto
5. Kael
6. livius drusus
7. Joshua Adams
8. Gonzo -1 (Deadlokd)
9. slimshady
10. Leesifer -2 (Adam, livius drusus)
11. Ensign Steve
12. beyelzu -4 (Leesifer, Kael, Crumb, Gonzo)
13. Crumb

7 to lynch.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:13 AM

Because I havent heard much from her...vote: Leesifer

Although I was tempted to vote bey in the hope that it might prod him into ending his hard to read 'bot-tard' speak.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Adequately Crumbulent

That didn't work for me.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:30 AM

Well, it's obviously not helping the town since I've simply stopped bothering to read his posts, and I doubt I'm the only one. If he's scum, making his posts illegible is a solid tactic. It's probably not enough in and of itself to get him hung, but he doesn't even have to bother pretending to be pro-town.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 AM

[QUOTE=Crumb;812500]That didn't work for me.[/QUOTE

Well...as any testable theory goes one should not expect the exact same result with said experiment occuring in two different places on the globe. Even if all conditions are the same (loosely quoting Feynman - "Six Easy Pieces" and applying it to your statement). In this instance and even better the conditions are not the same because we are shifting from bey to Lees thus changing the conditions and, perhaps, producing a different result.:science:
Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 AM

Ohhhh

You were refering to getiing bey to stop talking like our friend here----->:tard: Right Crumb?

:d'oh:
Old 02-28-2010, 03:43 AM
Adequately Crumbulent

:unnod:
Old 02-28-2010, 08:45 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Just checking in...

Deadlokd chooses to vote for me and refuse to talk it over.

Not cool, Kanye.

Our Aulstralian is off in Wallabee Land.

:pandarol:

:thanked:
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 AM

For basically the same reason that people are piling on Leesifer,

unvote, vote: Kael

Mostly joking and noncommittal posts. Don't want to let him lie low while the spotlight is on Leesifer.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum