Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Default Re: UnMafia - Main Thread

Posts by Gonzo

Don't act like you are the innocent abused here G. While you have perhaps posted the most number of posts, consider how many of those were substantive. Point to ANY that were actual scum hunting. Voting tea? Asking Flying Monkey if she were new? Actually, any questioning or pressure that you have done has been against the new comers.

Is this scum hunting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I find it sort of odd no one has brought into consideration what individuals smilies might posess in terms of roles, determined by characteristics of each smile.

For instance, untrain driver seems to me could possibly be a Leadership type role, either scum or town.

An unfairy might be endowed with some sort of special magic, for example.

Undrunkard might be a village idiot or something of that variety.

Just something to consider, though it is early in the game. It will be easier to decipher such things as death results start coming through, but I don't think it would hurt to make some speculations towards specific characters and certain roles.

This I assume could be taken down the same road of Kael (that evil motherfucker) asking to suss out special in LotR Mafia, so perhaps if you have any ideas of this kind it would be better to keep specific details to yourself and nudge the town if you think you are on to something.

Just a bloop.

:unbubble:
:unnope:

Quote:
I sort of retracted the whole point of topic, Dems, that is speculating over roles. Putting more thought into I can see what's flawed in the reasoning.

[snip]

I mean, I brought it up, yes, but only to go over it. I figured it would spark something.

[snip]

I give you my word I wasn't trying to be malicious.

[snip]

My main goal was to generate talk ,yes, but not to suss out roles.
emphasis added

You were trying to suss out roles, you were encouraging others to suss out roles, and now you lie and back track.

Lynch all liars.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:38 PM
mesospheric bore

Be nice to see some more votes out there. I count five not voting... let's start putting some pressure on.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
Of course my goal here is to catch scum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag
Is that what you were doing when you voted for bey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
At the time, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
When you first voted for me, for being inactive? You were trying to catch scum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan
No, I thought it was funny to put a few votes on you while you were inactive, to poke you out of hiding so to speak.
Dude, if you lie you need to keep it consistent. if it were possible I would vote for you a second time.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 PM

Yeah, Crumb could you include a list of those not voting with the vote counts?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

PlayerVotes
:untrain: Leesifer[1] - livius drusus
:unchef: Demimonde 
:undrunk: Kael 
:unnose: teasasue 
:unbanana: Flying Monkey 
:unundies: livius drusus 
:undance: Pan Narrans[3] - beyelzu, fragment, Adam
:unhen: slim[1] - Leesifer
:unbubble: Gonzo[1] - Demimonde
:unglass: fragment 
:unplane: Contrapposto 
:unemo: beyelzu[2] - Flying Monkey, teasasue
:unfairy: Adam 

7 votes needed for a lynch.

:ungum:

Last edited by Crumb; 10-08-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: so glad I can
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Ok, voting is good, yes.

Vote pan

to apply some pressure and because that post from bey is pretty damning.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

:yawn: @ Demi

I'm quite sure you're townie as you aren't jumping on any wagons or anything but you are barking up the wrong tree.

I'm going to vote Adam because I would like to see him post more.

:thanked:
Old 10-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Man, the French have a different word for everything!

I've read and re- read the posts regarding the exchanges between Pan, Fragment, and bey - I see the FOS potential there. I also see Slims FOS on Gonzo. How would he know that the several people not talking much yet are town? ...as Slim essentially posed the question.

Slim's FOS post, along with Demi's points, are starting to make me want to vote Gonzo, against my prior inclination to give him the bennefit of the doubt although Slim voting Pan, suggesting bey's appraisal of his words to be more damning than Gonzo's own words regarding town is puzzling.

Slim, you yourself pointed out Gonzo's choice of words to be suspicious. Why Pan over Gonzo? I'm not saying that Pan's words aren't potentially damning. I'm just saying that it also looks like someone getting shocked in to digression, feeling a bit timid after direct questioning by formidable veterans. I've never played with him in a game so I don't know, I'm only speculating.

Explain yourself more thoroughly, Pan.

Explain what Slim pointed out, Gonzo. You have come out with abundant psychobabble in past games however this is going a bit beyond your traditional trip over your own dangerous curiosities, imo.

vote: Gonzo ...your looking like the strongest FOS thus far to me.

teasasue, why are you still on bey? Could you ellaborate with something a bit more substantial?

With the players involved I can already see that this is going to get really fucking WIFOMY, excluding some newbs possibly.

I'm off all weekend so I will be on a lot.

Those of us who haven't chimed in much up to this point, myself included, need to do so with their thoughts.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:36 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
I've read and re- read the posts regarding the exchanges between Pan, Fragment, and bey - I see the FOS potential there. I also see Slims FOS on Gonzo. How would he know that the several people not talking much yet are town? ...as Slim essentially posed the question.

Slim's FOS post, along with Demi's points, are starting to make me want to vote Gonzo, against my prior inclination to give him the bennefit of the doubt although Slim voting Pan, suggesting bey's appraisal of his words to be more damning than Gonzo's own words regarding town is puzzling.

Slim, you yourself pointed out Gonzo's choice of words to be suspicious. Why Pan over Gonzo? I'm not saying that Pan's words aren't potentially damning. I'm just saying that it also looks like someone getting shocked in to digression, feeling a bit timid after direct questioning by formidable veterans. I've never played with him in a game so I don't know, I'm only speculating.

Explain yourself more thoroughly, Pan.

Explain what Slim pointed out, Gonzo. You have come out with abundant psychobabble in past games however this is going a bit beyond your traditional trip over your own dangerous curiosities, imo.

teasasue, why are you still on bey? Could you ellaborate with something a bit more substantial?

With the players involved I can already see that this is going to get really fucking WIFOMY, excluding some newbs possibly.

I'm off all weekend so I will be on a lot.

Those of us who haven't chimed in much up to this point, myself included, need to do so with their thoughts.
I have a tendency to tune gonzo out to some degree because he has shown himself to be just all over the place i these games.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Adequately Crumbulent

:unbow:

Wine In Front Of Me - MafiaWiki
Leesifer (10-09-2010), teasasue (10-09-2010)
Old 10-09-2010, 03:12 AM

Contra...

FIRST OF ALL,

Quote:
You are voting for me now because of others suspicions? If that's not wagon building I don't know what is.

Demi is calling me a lyer now, painting me with a villian brush imo, for mistakes I've admitted to almost immediately. She is now deadset in her suspicion of me despite my "backtracking". I don't think I've done as much to disrupt town scum hunting as she is trying to make out. I agree with her. She's not having it. I see that as hardly a reason to have me lynched. For what? Wanting to make a confirmation on whether or not we should try to determine roles over our designated unsmileys? It's an non-issue as it is, so it doesn't even matter. We all agree I've made this mistake before now I am hoping to look at the game in the ways beyelzu and Nightson once advised many moons ago, two men I fought with quite vigor and found error in my ways. Bringing up a subject to the town is not the same as acting on it.

If bey wants to tune me out, he's not doing the town a favor. We need to work together.

As for slim FOSing me and voting for pan instead, I don't get it much either. It looks like hopping on a wagon whilst simueltaneously trying to add fire to Demi's argument against me. I don't like it much at all.

unvote; vote slim

Seems better than going after Adam, but I would still enjoy his input. He's not alone though. I also would like more from Lees and liv as well.

Quote:
I'm just trying to explain myself. I would like to get to some scumhunting, though. Demi is most right in that, I don't feel I've done enough.

I think the most interesting part about my psychobabble is that scum tend to think of me as a disruptive member of the team and they leave me alive for it. The longer I stay alive the more suspicipon is garnered against me and votes begin to pile up. I could be silent, but what good would that do for the town? Still there are many people not saying a word and I will face the consequences of participating.

I will say I think it is common of scum to ally with newbs and rally them against strong townies. With that in mind I probalay wouldn't have voted for teasasue right off the bat (remembering our Transformers days), but can see liv was offering a hand of help to teas. I don't think of that as very scummy behavior, though, that is helping others out. It could be just as much pro town to help newbies and liv is a very helpful person in general. It still something I would keep in mind while observing how people interact with less experienced players.

Quote:
:unsad:

Old 10-09-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
I will say I think it is common of scum to ally with newbs and rally them against strong townies. With that in mind I probalay wouldn't have voted for teasasue right off the bat (remembering our Transformers days),
I'm saying here that I wouldn't have voted her if I was scum. Otherwise the context seems lost.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
Posts by Gonzo

Don't act like you are the innocent abused here G. While you have perhaps posted the most number of posts, consider how many of those were substantive. Point to ANY that were actual scum hunting. Voting tea? Asking Flying Monkey if she were new? Actually, any questioning or pressure that you have done has been against the new comers.

Is this scum hunting:

Quote:
I find it sort of odd no one has brought into consideration what individuals smilies might posess in terms of roles, determined by characteristics of each smile.

For instance, untrain driver seems to me could possibly be a Leadership type role, either scum or town.

An unfairy might be endowed with some sort of special magic, for example.

Undrunkard might be a village idiot or something of that variety.

Just something to consider, though it is early in the game. It will be easier to decipher such things as death results start coming through, but I don't think it would hurt to make some speculations towards specific characters and certain roles.

This I assume could be taken down the same road of Kael (that evil motherfucker) asking to suss out special in LotR Mafia, so perhaps if you have any ideas of this kind it would be better to keep specific details to yourself and nudge the town if you think you are on to something.

Just a bloop.

:unbubble:
:unnope:

Quote:
I sort of retracted the whole point of topic, Dems, that is speculating over roles. Putting more thought into I can see what's flawed in the reasoning.

[snip]

I mean, I brought it up, yes, but only to go over it. I figured it would spark something.

[snip]

I give you my word I wasn't trying to be malicious.

[snip]

My main goal was to generate talk ,yes, but not to suss out roles.
emphasis added

You were trying to suss out roles, you were encouraging others to suss out roles, and now you lie and back track.

Lynch all liars.
ok with this I had decided to change my vote unvote

Quote:
Quote:
I will say I think it is common of scum to ally with newbs and rally them against strong townies. With that in mind I probalay wouldn't have voted for teasasue right off the bat (remembering our Transformers days),
I'm saying here that I wouldn't have voted her if I was scum. Otherwise the context seems lost.

this confirmed it, I dont understand why you did vote for me. I dont think I did anything that would have pointed a finger at me.

vote gonzo
Live for the day already here
Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Counter

Bey

You'll notice that I've voted for you twice. First time for the lulz, second for the rage induced paranoia. Do keep up.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapposto View Post
Gonzo is suspicious, but Pan looked to be caught in an outright contradiction. I didn't see the case that Demi put together to be as clear cut a case of lying as bey's quotes of Pan. As well, I like to put pressure on people and at the time Demi was the only one voting for Gonzo, but voting for Pan would bring him to 4 votes, that's pressure.

However, after reading Pan's last post, I went back and re-read the relevant portions of the thread. Indeed, he is responding to questions about 2 different votes on bey. When he says 'yes' to fragment he is talking about his second vote on bey, not the one where he voted him for being inactive.

Double however, I missed fragment pointing out a contradiction in post 236 here. Basically the same sort of 'I wasn't scum hunting, then I was scum hunting' contradiction and this time it's certainly about the same vote.

Obviously I'm still highly suspicious of Gonzo, but I'm fine with keeping some pressure on Pan for now.

I seem to get this same heat in every game, I mention I'm suspicious of A and vote for B, someone I'm also suspicious of, and people are all "SCUM MOVE!1! that's a scum move, why aren't you voting for A?! - Um, because I can be suspicious of more than one person, but can vote for only one?

And even if A is my #1 suspect, if I'm still highly suspicious of B and can apply better pressure with a vote for B it makes more sense to me to vote for B. Maybe other people think you should vote for your #1 suspect regardless of all other aspects of the game, I think differently.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Narrans View Post

:undance:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
Quote:
At the time, yes.
So how do you explain letting slip that you were "counteraccusing him, instead of going for scum"?
Quote:

How can that be a poor choice of words? Usually a poor choice of words gives the wrong idea by accident. That is clearing saying something that you clearly contradict later.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
this confirmed it, I dont understand why you did vote for me. I dont think I did anything that would have pointed a finger at me.

vote gonzo
No kidding. It's been explained to you already that the first few votes are about as significant as skipping rocks over a lake. The move fast but they sink and are never seen again, you dig?

I've had no suspicion of you and most people's initial votes are pointless. I did however have the motive of testing you as a newb. I wanted to see how you would react to vote. If you were scum, I think you would have had trouble handling pressure right away.

I know for a fact scum don't usually vote for newbs right away. They like to manipulate them and get them to join wagons.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:55 PM

slim what specifically makes me seem most suspicious?

I responded to your FOS. Anything to say to that?

Old 10-09-2010, 04:24 PM
not very big for a grown-up

Just a quick post to say I'm not around much today but will be tomorrow.

Also, seeing as mrs shady is back and posting I shall

unvote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This still needs more clarification for me G. Scum can target the vets at night without having to make a case against them. Not an easy thing to do with a seasoned player. Newbs are easy pickings as they make slip ups and mistakes that can seem suspicious and then wagon building is realatively simple.

Are you really claiming that your vote for tea somehow clears you? This kind of after the fact rationalization of the "if I were scum" variety really reeks. It makes it seem like you are thinking in that mode rather than town.

As for bringing up TF mafia, that reference is only clear to your scum buddies in that game and not to anyone else. Did the other scum spank for similar actions in that game and now you are eager to show you haven't made the same scum mistake again? Because without context that is how it reads to me.

Also it is funny that the self promoted most active player couldn't show me a single scum hunting post, yawned in response, but now says I'm right about that. But he doesn't start hunting, instead he talks about how he hasn't "disrupted town scumhunting" (paraphrase), again sounding like an outsider not an insider.

I can see slim's reasoning somewhat for voting on his #2. I like to pressure day one too. Votes only have weight with pressure behind them.

That being said, Pan's contradictions pale in comparison to G's IMO. And the hits still keep on coming. Who knows what a little pressure that way could go?

However slim, in terms of what you pointed out about G, it could both be read as scumhunting or a scum warning another to watch his mouth. Following with a vote would have wedded you to a premature bus, since there wasn't much pressure on him, while a fos seems townie. Now G's TF mafia table talk troubles me more towards you, slimegatron. Of course if town, maybe you could figure out what he is talking about and clue us in.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM

:facepalm:

Fuck man, I wrote a huge post and it got deleted... before this hunk of text which would have explqained a ton of that to you. Let me drink some coffee and try again. :sigh:

You pile a lot of shit on a guy for Day 1, you know... give me awhile as I've been up for over a day now...

Old 10-09-2010, 06:37 PM

I'll be sipping on my coffee and awaiting your reply. I would have pity for a student pulling an all nighter, but as it was a Friday... You've had too much fun to pity I imagine young man.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:53 PM

I will also add that I may be a little more gungho than even my earlier scumhunting because of last game. As mayor, I felt I really couldn't voice my suspicions as it would narrow the pool of players I could potentially pass the ring to. Not that it helped. Now I feel unmuzzled and this Bitch can get back in the hunt with some extra bite.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
Yeah, Crumb could you include a list of those not voting with the vote counts?
Oops, sorry I missed this. I can start doing that. :unnod:
Demimonde (10-09-2010)
Old 10-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

PlayerVotes
:untrain: Leesifer[1] - livius drusus
:unchef: Demimonde 
:undrunk: Kael 
:unnose: teasasue 
:unbanana: Flying Monkey 
:unundies: livius drusus