Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default More Texas textbook shenanigans

Originally discussed here: No, it's just Obama's indoctrination that we don't like - Freethought Forum

The fringe are in charge over there, people. Keep an eye on this!

Revisionaries - Mariah Blake

Quote:
With childlike glee, McLeroy flipped through the pages and explained what he saw as the gaping holes in Darwin’s theory. “I don’t care what the educational political lobby and their allies on the left say,” he declared at one point. “Evolution is hooey.” This bled into a rant about American history. “The secular humanists may argue that we are a secular nation,” McLeroy said, jabbing his finger in the air for emphasis. “But we are a Christian nation founded on Christian principles. The way I evaluate history textbooks is first I see how they cover Christianity and Israel. Then I see how they treat Ronald Reagan—he needs to get credit for saving the world from communism and for the good economy over the last twenty years because he lowered taxes.”

Views like these are relatively common in East Texas, a region that prides itself on being the buckle of the Bible Belt. But McLeroy is no ordinary citizen. The jovial creationist sits on the Texas State Board of Education
Choice quotes from other Texans
Thanks, from:
Brimshack (01-07-2010), chunksmediocrites (01-07-2010), Clutch Munny (01-07-2010), Kael (01-07-2010), lisarea (01-07-2010), Nullifidian (01-07-2010), Stormlight (01-07-2010), The Man (01-08-2010), viscousmemories (01-07-2010)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law