Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Study Hall

Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default Re: Engaging in Intercourse Education

What the hell are you talking about? What contradiction? What does sex have to do with budding nihilism or whatever?

And you answered your own question, BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus
Don't know why it has to be so special with humans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus
....with most other animals, sex is seasonal, or occasional and, quite often a one time thing.

many species die shortly thereafter
Thanks, from:
Cliche Guevara (06-23-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Flipper 11/11

I am questioning why everyone makes such a big deal about it when, in fact it doesn't really amount to anything? So yes, in that respect, I'm saying our views on sexuality are overrated.

Or, why can't we be like the rest of the animal kingdom and just do it? Nature itself holds no pretenses about it and is pretty much orgiastic in nature.

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
such a big deal about it when, in fact it doesn't really amount to anything
It's only the driving force of life...doesn't amount to anything
Thanks, from:
Cliche Guevara (06-23-2010), Gonzo (06-24-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Strabismic Ungulate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus View Post
I am questioning why everyone makes such a big deal about it when, in fact it doesn't really amount to anything? So yes, in that respect, I'm saying our views on sexuality are overrated.

Or, why can't we be like the rest of the animal kingdom and just do it?
Or, why can't you be like the rest of the animal kingdom and not post on this forum?

Last edited by Naru; 06-23-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Thanks, from:
Qingdai (06-24-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Flipper 11/11

Not even educated monkeys? :dunno:

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 06-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
such a big deal about it when, in fact it doesn't really amount to anything
It's only the driving force of life...doesn't amount to anything
Okay so, where does life come from? And, if it (sex) is the driving force, how does it not also affect the movement of the planets? Or, how do we attempt to disassociate ourselves (the budding nihilists that we are) from the fact that we even exist?

How do we know for a fact that sex is not the driving force behind everything? To suggest otherwise disavows any continuity that exists between one thing and the next.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

WTF are you on?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

I like this new angle, but I'm docking you half a letter grade for overuse of the phrase "budding nihilists".
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Flipper 11/11

Notwithstanding the true nihilist is an oxymoron, and has no rights or claims to anything, not even the word used to describe it. In which case, yes, "budding" is about as close as we can get.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Okay so, where does life come from?
Other life, through procreation

Quote:
And, if it (sex) is the driving force, how does it not also affect the movement of the planets?
Reproduction is the driving force of life, living things. Why should it affect the movement of the planets?

Are you in a depressed and delusional phase of your mental illness or what?

Quote:
Or, how do we attempt to disassociate ourselves (the budding nihilists that we are) from the fact that we even exist?
Wait, what? That makes no sense on any level. Word salad, FTW!

Quote:
How do we know for a fact that sex is not the driving force behind everything?
Well, it's a good assumption until we observe two stars or two volcanos or any non-living things fucking

Quote:
to suggest otherwise disavows any continuity that exists between one thing and the next.
Which one thing and next thing require a vow of continuity or whatever you are on about?
Thanks, from:
Adam (06-24-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Strabismic Ungulate

Quote:
And, if it (sex) is the driving force, how does it not also affect the movement of the planets?
Let's go, Iacchus, I'll rock your world :cheesywink:
Iacchus (06-24-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Tangled up in Blue

Quote:
]Okay so, where does life come from? And, if it (sex) is the driving force, how does it not also affect the movement of the planets?
Well, teasasue, right there is a great argument for better sex education in schools.

Iacchus, human life comes from a sperm and an egg getting together for a boogie. The music they're dancing to is usually the funky riddums of coitus. From there, a wee baby rocks on. :boogies:
"But what counter-insurgency really comes down to is the protection of the capitalists back in America, their property and their privileges. US national security, as preached by US leaders, is the security of the capitalist class in the US, not the security of the rest of the people."
[1975] CIA Diary by Philip Agee
Thanks, from:
Adam (06-24-2010), Deadlokd (06-24-2010), Gonzo (06-24-2010), LadyShea (06-23-2010), teasasue (06-24-2010)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Tangled up in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Gasp! I just found out intercourse means sex.

Some sex crazed teens learn all about it in school.

"Dick Profit" :giggle:
"But what counter-insurgency really comes down to is the protection of the capitalists back in America, their property and their privileges. US national security, as preached by US leaders, is the security of the capitalist class in the US, not the security of the rest of the people."
[1975] CIA Diary by Philip Agee
Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
Gasp! I just found out intercourse means sex.

Some sex crazed teens learn all about it in school.

"Dick Profit" :giggle:
ok I just had time to read this link (it has been one crazy day hubby lost his job on top of other things so were was I) I have no problem with sex ed being taught but I am thinking that we should draw the line some were

Quote:
A US high school sex education program that demonstrates sexual acts on stuffed toy animals has outraged parents.
as perverse as this sounds I dont know how I feel about that, I mean most kids at some point "play" sex to an extent, some I am sure are not even aware of it, just simple flirting but with animals now that has me a little bugged

Quote:
Students aged between 14 and 16 at the school in the Iowa town of Shenandoah were also shown how to apply a condom using a 3D model of a penis, Fox News reported.
I have no problem with this if they are going to have sex then they should know how to protect themselves.

Quote:
Mother Colleen Dorstal said the sex education lessons, especially the toy sex simulation, were "horribly inappropriate".

"I do not understand why any adult with a classroom of children would show them sexual positions," she said.

"To do that in a mixed-gender classroom — I truly believe it was inappropriate."

ok when I first read this part I thought (for some unknown reason) that they were showing them how to pleasure themselves with toys, and I thought, well that is not really a bad idea that way they will know they can do it themselves and not need to go some were else.

Then I caught the part about sexual positions and reread it, they showed the kids different positions with the stuffed animals and it was a mixed class, oh yeah lets get them to now want it ok, lets just show them how its done so when they do they will get it right.

And in a mixed sex class no doubt, so we have the boys over here looking at the girls going so do you want to try that that could be fun, then the girls turning red and giggling and thinking to her self, OMG OMG OMG

Quote:
The group that ran the class, Planned Parenthood, said they weren't trying to keep their education methods secret.

"All information we use is medically accurate and science based," spokeswoman Jennifer Horner said.

Sex education is a politically sensitive topic in the US, with many parents opposed to it being taught in high schools.

But Shenandoah Superintendent Dick Profit told the Omaha World-Herald that despite the controversy, the schools were required to teach it.

"It's a political hot potato, it's a religious hot potato, it's a parental hot potato,” Profit said.

“It's all of these things that cause a crack in the system between society, parents and schools, and we're still required to do it."
and this is the kinda crap that will cause law suits
Live for the day already here
Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
Well, teasasue, right there is a great argument for better sex education in schools.

Iacchus, human life comes from a sperm and an egg getting together for a boogie. The music they're dancing to is usually the funky riddums of coitus. From there, a wee baby rocks on. :boogies:
Really? You don't get it from the toilet seat?

Oh well ... :D

Old 06-24-2010, 03:36 AM

"stuffed" toy animals, indeed.

Thanks, from:
Crumb (06-24-2010)
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 AM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Quote:
Okay so, where does life come from?
Other life, through procreation
Sounds circular ... unless of course we are referring to the greater circle of things.

Quote:
Quote:
How do we know for a fact that sex is not the driving force behind everything?
Well, it's a good assumption until we observe two stars or two volcanos or any non-living things fucking
Or, maybe everything exists as a result of God ejaculating, what some might refer to as the Big Bang theory? Maybe the Greeks had it right, when saying God/Zeus had his way with Mother Night? ... and of course up sprang Eros, the god of love, or Phanes.

Quote:
Quote:
to suggest otherwise disavows any continuity that exists between one thing and the next.
Which one thing and next thing require a vow of continuity or whatever you are on about?
It all comes from the same place. :yup:

Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 AM

:lolfruits:
Thanks, from:
Adam (06-24-2010), Cliche Guevara (06-24-2010), Crumb (06-24-2010), livius drusus (06-24-2010)
Old 06-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Flipper 11/11

It's all the same stuff. Now, just because we can compartmentalize it and say this thing is different from that thing, and show why, doesn't deviate from that any does it? Or, how do you differentiate between those things which are sexual and those things which are not at the Planck level when, in fact, it might only entail the difference between one or two electrons in a molecule? If you can't, and yet stipulate it must begin at some other point, how does it begin at all if, in fact all things begin at the Planck/quantum level? Or do they?

This is what I mean by continuity.

Last edited by Iacchus; 06-24-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
as perverse as this sounds I dont know how I feel about that, I mean most kids at some point "play" sex to an extent, some I am sure are not even aware of it, just simple flirting but with animals now that has me a little bugged

Then I caught the part about sexual positions and reread it, they showed the kids different positions with the stuffed animals and it was a mixed class, oh yeah lets get them to now want it ok, lets just show them how its done so when they do they will get it right.
What could possibly be less threatening, less erotically stimulating, less actual-human-sex-like, or more mood lightening than plush toys?

Most kids have seen animals mate, even on TV. Only a few generations ago the majority of people lived on farms. Animal procreation has always been a teaching tool.
Thanks, from:
Cliche Guevara (06-24-2010)
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

"Vow of continuity" is a great phrase.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Did the Earth move?
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Quote:
It's all the same stuff. Now, just because we can compartmentalize it and say this thing is different from that thing, and show why, doesn't deviate from that any does it? Or, how do you differentiate between those things which are sexual and those things which are not at the Planck level when, in fact, it might only entail the difference between one or two electrons in a molecule? If you can't, and yet stipulate it must begin at some other point, how does it begin at all if, in fact all things begin at the Planck/quantum level? Or do they?

This is what I mean by continuity.
Iachuss what does ANY OF IT have to do with educating children on safe sexual practices?

You are saying that it is nihilistic to be educated on the very basis of our existence. I can differentiate between human reproduction and cells dividing in any other instance of life. Our formation is complex and unique in it's own right, why should we be kept from knowledge of it's practice and process?

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
Cliche Guevara (06-24-2010), LadyShea (06-24-2010)
Old 06-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Iachuss what does ANY OF IT have to do with educating children on safe sexual practices?
Actually I'm questioning why anyone should really give a crap? :yup: If we wish to understand that, then we have to go beyond any such notion that sexuality mysteriously arose out of the elements.

Quote:
You are saying that it is nihilistic to be educated on the very basis of our existence. I can differentiate between human reproduction and cells dividing in any other instance of life.
I'm saying it's nihilistic to believe that entire Universes including human sexual practices can just pop up out of nothing. If we actually believe this, it only helps to affirm or, rather justify our nihilism.

Quote:
Our formation is complex and unique in it's own right, why should we be kept from knowledge of it's practice and process?
Because we are ignorant? It's not like we were all born knowing of such things is it? Unless of course we are like the vast majority of the rest of the animal kingdom and instinctively know what to do. Or, are we referring to something other than our sexual natures here?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:

What could possibly be less threatening, less erotically stimulating, less actual-human-sex-like, or more mood lightening than plush toys?

Most kids have seen animals mate, even on TV. Only a few generations ago the majority of people lived on farms. Animal procreation has always been a teaching tool.
I was just saying that I am not real sure how I feel about that, its a sex ed class not a class on how to teach positions.
Live for the day already here

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Study Hall