Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Tangled up in Blue

Angry I hate Apple

My wonderful, fabulous, much-loved Philips GoGear Opus 16gb mp3 player got stolen over the weekend. It rocked. Just use a normal USB 2 cable to connect to my computer and drag and drop files straight from Windows Explorer. Registration of the product didn't require me to have a Visa card number entered. It was awesome - I loved it.

Thanks to insurance dealing with one company, I had to get my replacement at a specific store - one which doesn't stock Philips mp3 players, and has generally crap players apart from the high end iPods.

So for the same money as my beloved Philips cost I was able to get an Apple iPod 8gb Nano. I've had it 5 minutes and I hate it already. I have to synch it to this computer, and through iTunes. Registering it required me to put in a Visa card number. Good thing I have a Visa Debit card or I wouldn't have been able to complete registration. Yeah, I could've skipped the reg, but I like to register my hardware.

I haven't even added any music to the damned thing yet, because I have to add it all to my iTunes library and dick about with shit I can't be arsed doing because I generally see it as a waste of my fucking time. I just want to be able to navigate to a folder and drag the files where I want, none of this synching crap.

Fuckin' Apple and their proprietary shit.

If I ever catch who stole my Philips, I'm gonna kick 'em in de hed. :fuming:

Now someone call me a waaaahhhhmbulance before I asplode. :sadcheer:
:wahmbulance:
"But what counter-insurgency really comes down to is the protection of the capitalists back in America, their property and their privileges. US national security, as preached by US leaders, is the security of the capitalist class in the US, not the security of the rest of the people."
[1975] CIA Diary by Philip Agee
Thanks, from:
irukandji (04-02-2011), JoeP (02-17-2011), Pan Narrans (02-17-2011), ShottleBop (02-17-2011), Stormlight (02-17-2011), viscousmemories (02-17-2011), Watser? (02-17-2011)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology