Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 03-01-2014, 11:36 PM
puzzler

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

I had a dream where I had to meet someone I didn't know to collect some money. I must have been a drug dealer or something (although that wasn't part of the dream) as it was going to be an awful lot of money, in cash.

The meeting took place in what seemed to be a retirement home - there were loads of old people drinking tea and chatting to each other. I was annoyed that my contact hadn't turned up on time and I was having to wait around. A few of the old people asked me if I'd come to visit someone and wanted me to play cards with them.

Then the contact did turn up. He was very arrogant and told me that he had lots of important people to deal with and I shouldn't expect him to be on time over this trifling matter which really should have been done by some underling and not him.

He had a big suitcase with wheels that was stuffed with cash, but he wasn't prepared to hand over the case. I'd not bought any suitable container with me.

So I argued with him a bit about the value of the suitcase being totally negligible compared to the cash inside - and that I could just give him one of the thousand-pound-bundles he was handing over, and he could go and buy himself a complete new set of luxury luggage.

But he wouldn't budge so I went searching in a broom cupboard and found some plastic bin bags to put the money in - and as they were a bit weak and might burst I also found some wire shopping baskets to support the bottom of the plastic bags.

Then we had to transfer all these bundles of cash from his suitcase into the plastic bags without the old people noticing what we were doing.

And I can't remember what, if anything, happened after that.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:53 PM
happy now, Mussolini?

Just a fragment. I was at an elementary school, somewhere. My friend from Boston was there and we were about to embark on my motorcycle. The Honda GL650 Interstate, not my sportster.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 AM
A fellow sophisticate

I swear this door was in my dreams at least once.

Ari (05-08-2014), Ensign Steve (04-11-2014), Janet (04-09-2014), JoeP (04-10-2014), Kyuss Apollo (05-06-2014), lisarea (04-09-2014), Watser? (04-09-2014), Ymir's blood (04-09-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

I've been having lots of weird, vivid dreams lately. At least three times in recent weeks I've dreamed about my room being incredibly messy and not being able to find anything. The first time I dreamed I was a hoarder and was so disturbed I spent my next day off cleaning and organizing the hall closet, my bedroom and my office/dressing room/Fibber McGee's Closet. But I'm still having the dreams.

Someone psychoanalyze me, please.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (04-11-2014), SharonDee (04-17-2014), Ymir's blood (04-10-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Jung says that houses represent the self.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (04-11-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Fishy mokey

Oh yeah?! Well he never let me see his house! :hmph:
Ymir's blood (04-10-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 11:15 PM

I know how the Jung thing works with regards to the upper floors being the superconscious and the basement the subconscious. Don't know how it relates to this, though. In two of the dreams I was traveling, I think, and had strewn all my belongings on the floor of my friend or family member's guest room. I'm not sure in the second one whether I was traveling or living in a family home. Dreams are ambiguous that way.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
Old 04-09-2014, 11:27 PM

Yeah, it never makes much sense to me either. I have like a whole recurring dream town with the same houses and stores and things in it, and a lot of the action takes place inside the walls with the pipes and things like that, but none of it really parses clearly to any symbolism I know of, and I don't know that I'd take it all that seriously even if it did.

Jung was a p. cool guy, but I take that stuff with a grain of salt.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (04-09-2014), Janet (04-10-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 07:54 PM

So Matlock and I go to some huge sprawling 4/20-slash-Easter party thing, which is OK (and set in a common dream location, now that I remember I just mentioned that). Then, after a little bit, he's like, "We have to go do some errands," which is fine. We go do some errands.

And we're in one of those horrible Galtian shopping meccas like they have in new suburbs, where there's like a bunch of stores and these roads that are privately designed to intentionally get you trapped so you have to drive past all the stores and it's really hard to find your way out. So I'm coming out of the place, and I'm not even 100% that Matlock is even still with me, when I finally come to the tail end of the development, and I notice there is a taco stand being run by Matthew McConaughey, and I kind of want to try it, but this weird truck I am driving is very finicky and I guess has a bad battery so I can't really idle or stop it to get any tacos, so I just make a mental note to get some tacos sometime. Then, Matlock somehow makes me go back to the 4/20 party, even though I'm totally not in the mood for that, and then HE DITCHES ME and I can't even find him, and all these people I used to know are giving me dirty looks because I'm supposed to be handing out beers but the box they're in is flimsy and the bottles keep clanking during the big 4/20 Convocation or whatever it is, so I'm like, "Screw Matlock. I have the keys," and so I just leave and figure he can find his own way home. But then Ensign Steve needs a ride, so I'm like FINE (we are enemies), but then we end up lost and on foot somehow, and we meet a little pig and I'm scritching the pig's belly when the owners come out of their house and are totally cool and say I can have the pig.

Then, I send Matlock a text and realize he probably doesn't even know how to read it on his phone, so I start getting mad again, and I get up and tell him what a jerk he is for ditching me at that dumb party.
Thanks, from:
Adam (04-22-2014), BrotherMan (04-19-2014), ceptimus (04-19-2014), Crumb (04-19-2014), Dingfod (04-19-2014), Janet (04-22-2014), Kyuss Apollo (05-06-2014), Sock Puppet (04-20-2014), Ymir's blood (04-21-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 11:50 PM
A fellow sophisticate

And now you're mad at him.

inland wave has been mad at me for something I did in her dream.
Janet (04-22-2014), Kyuss Apollo (05-06-2014), lisarea (04-20-2014), Ymir's blood (04-21-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Solipsist

Oh, I think that's happened to many of us.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 04-20-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
And now you're mad at him.

inland wave has been mad at me for something I did in her dream.
Well, I don't know what it was, but I trust her judgment and now I'm mad at you too.
Thanks, from:
Adam (04-22-2014), Anastasia Beaverhausen (04-23-2014), Crumb (04-20-2014), Dingfod (04-20-2014), Janet (04-22-2014), JoeP (04-20-2014), Kyuss Apollo (05-06-2014), SharonDee (05-02-2014), Sock Puppet (04-20-2014), Ymir's blood (04-21-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 08:06 PM

My sister is still mad at my brothers when she thinks about a dream she had some twenty or thirty years ago. She dreamed they buried her car in the back yard, and yes that would be pretty mean, if it were real.
Thanks, from:
Kyuss Apollo (05-06-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 12:39 AM

Had a new experience last night. I dreamed that I was having a parasomnia incident. I woke up at 9:30 when I was supposed to pick up my mom at 7:00 to make it to my niece's graduation. I went into the kitchen and started freaking out & running in circles. Then I spotted the clock on the stove said 1:36 and realized I must have been sleepwalking and/or delusional. I went back to bed and hallucinated a bat attacking me as I tried to get back under the covers.

Then I came to and realized I had been comfortably settled in bed the whole time. I've never dreamed I was having delusions before. It was rather unsettling.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-02-2014), Crumb (05-02-2014), Demimonde (05-02-2014), Ensign Steve (05-02-2014), JoeP (05-03-2014), livius drusus (05-03-2014), SharonDee (05-02-2014), slimshady2357 (05-02-2014), Ymir's blood (05-02-2014)
Old 05-02-2014, 11:44 PM

Last week I experienced several sex dreams while in Peru.

Well, I should clarify that they were dreams about sex. They weren't sexy at all, mostly clinical. "Oh hmm, he's putting his penis there while she puts her tongue there. Hmm. Oh and now there are three people having sex. Interesting."

So what kind of nutcase climbs mountains by day and has dry sex dreams at night?
Dingfod (05-05-2014), Janet (05-06-2014), JoeP (05-03-2014), livius drusus (05-03-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Sounds downright life-affirming to me.
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (05-05-2014), Janet (05-06-2014), SharonDee (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
and started freaking out & running in circles.
You dreamt you were an :ff: smilie!

:freakout:

Thanks, from:
Janet (05-06-2014), Ymir's blood (05-04-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 02:35 AM
happy now, Mussolini?

I was being relentlessly chased by John Vernon through this non-descript run-down building with corridors and rooms, there was probably a reason why but I have forgotten the beginning. He had this unusually sharp triangular piece of special metal he was going to kill me with - he explained at one point why it was so dangerous. I went into this room and shut the door, which had about 1 1/2 feet of door missing from the bottom. He stooped down and tried to crawl in underneath so I kicked him in the head; even though it was one of those weak dream kicks, it knocked him out. I knew that next I was going to kick him to death because it was him or me, and I woke up.

Thanks, from:
Dingfod (05-06-2014), Janet (05-06-2014), lisarea (05-06-2014), Ymir's blood (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 03:09 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Dean Wormer will get you, you Delta frat boy.
Janet (05-06-2014), Kyuss Apollo (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 12:32 AM
happy now, Mussolini?

:buttkick:

Old 05-13-2014, 08:52 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Last night, before I woke up at 12:17 AM, I dreamed I was doing yard work in the backyard of a house. I noticed as I bent over the rack out flower beds beside a garage, that I wasn't fat any more, but I had a lot of loose skin on my belly that was swinging back and forth as I raked. I was just wrapping up, when an older lady dressed in 1950s style capri pants with a floral "coat" and a scarf and sunglasses walked into the yard with a small "mop dog" on a leash. We engaged in small talk about what I was doing, the weather, etc. She invited me next door for a lemonade. I took her up on it. It was refreshing. After she sat down, took her sunglasses off and talked to me, I recognized her. She was Lucille Ball, and a very nice person at that. Later on, when the young woman that hired me to do her yard work came home, I told her about meeting Lucille Ball next door. She said, "You do realize Lucy's been dead for 25 years, don't you? You just had lemonade with a ghost." *mind_blown*

I was awakened by that, but drifted right back to sleep to dream about having two horses, a chestnut quarter horse and a buckskin mustang in a barn divided in half by a sturdy pipe fence, the pen on the other side held a big Hereford bull. My wife and I fed the livestock, then were about the leave in the pickup. The pickup backing up seemed to anger the bull. I drove away. The bull jumped over the fence. The horses followed. I saw them in the rear view mirror. The horses were easily caught, they were tame and affectionate, the buckskin more so than the quarter horse, but it followed the other back into their pen. We wondered how we were going to get the bull back in the pen. I came up with a plan. I rigged up a trip "wire" across the pen, strung so that when the bull came in to get at its feed manger, it would pull the gate shut. The gate had a self-locking latch. I rattled some pellet sweet grain feed around in a metal scoop, then threw the feed in the manger. The bull came running up, but wouldn't go all the way in the pen. It went up to the twine, then leaned as far as it could over it, managing to get it's lips and tongue on some of the feed. I snuck around the barn and shoved the gate closed on its ass. It was so busy munching that it didn't even raise a fuss.
Adam (05-14-2014), Janet (05-13-2014), JoeP (05-13-2014), lisarea (05-14-2014), S.Vashti (05-14-2014), slimshady2357 (05-13-2014), Ymir's blood (05-14-2014)
Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Solipsist

That's some pretty awesome country dreamin' y'all got there

Thanks, from:
Dingfod (05-13-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

One oddity from a long strange dream I had last night:

My SO's mother was staying with us for some reason. IRL, she actually just left on Monday after a two week visit, so obviously that's were that bit comes form. Also, holy crap, I want to live in the version of our house from my dream. We had the awesomest garden, and the house itself was full of boxes and boxes of random crap from my childhood homes. And the smells! Wet earth, growing plants, and musty garage. So, anyway, in the dream, SO's mom was sort of acting as a jailer, preventing us from leaving the house, and denying us access to...uh...objects of some sort? That we needed to escape? I don't really remember. So, we came up with a plan where I spent a lot of time outside working on the garden, and she would come out occasionally to help me, but what she was really doing was bringing out packs of cigarettes that we would smoke together as quickly as we could, two or three at a time, so that we could use the "empty" cigs (CIGARETTES DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!) to construct whatever object we needed to escape the house.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-14-2014), Dingfod (05-14-2014), Janet (05-15-2014), JoeP (05-14-2014), lisarea (05-14-2014), Watser? (06-12-2014), Ymir's blood (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Solipsist

Not ... not ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
objects of some sort
:egad:

Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-14-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Last night I dreamed that my deceased maternal grandfather wasn't really dead, but had faked his own death and moved to California to live with his brother (note: I never met any of my grandfather's family...he was the youngest, and by far the longest lived...also, as far as I know, none of his brothers ever lived in California) to hide from...uh...someone who wanted to kill him, for some reason. It wasn't particularly clear. Anyway, after the person he was running from died, he came back. It turned out that, while he was there, he had stopped taking the medication he was on, and discovered that the medication itself was what was making him age, so that he looked much younger when he came back than he ever had when I knew him. I was angry at him, and at my mother, because she had also known about the plan, and neither of them had told me and, for some reason, I revealed that in a conversation with two guys who work as cashiers in the cafeteria @werk. Like, I was buying lunch and they asked me how things were going, and I dumped all my anger at them. Also, I was very suspicious that this all meant my grandmother was still alive somewhere, too, and I was being lied to about that as well.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (06-12-2014), Dingfod (06-14-2014), Ensign Steve (06-20-2014), Janet (06-12-2014), lisarea (06-12-2014), Nullifidian (06-27-2014), slimshady2357 (06-12-2014)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium