Old 01-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Solipsist

Default NewsGuard

Y'all heard of NewsGuard? Use it? Like it? Hate it as much as the guys below?
It's a browser add-on that flags new sources with what they like to call a "nutrition label".
Brill and Crovitz Announce Launch of NewsGuard to Fight Fake News – NewsGuard

I was alerted to it by the Daily Fail getting all irate that they were being flagged as a low quality source, and now Microsoft are planning to include it by default in Edge.
Daily Mail demands browser warning U-turn - BBC News

So I did some research. A kind of positive review: NewsGuard Wants to Fight Fake News With Humans, Not Algorithms | WIRED

If you look at the ratings for the Firefox add-on, it's extremely polarised - 10 5-stars and 20 1-start - and the reviews go on about how it's funded by big media and big government and therefore can't be trusted (but hey, reality has a left-wing bias).
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...guard/reviews/

But the first thing I saw is this absolute gem, which tells me it's pretty good:

EXPOSED: “NewsGuard” organization founded by globalists to censor independent media has ties to pro-Monsanto American Enterprise Institute propagandists – NaturalNews.com

Every second word is a dog whistle. After two sentences I was reading it in an Alex Jones voice...

Quote:
If you’re not pro-war, pro-GMO, and pro-Clinton, your news will be “ranked” and labeled as fake news when given the stamp of the oppressors, who are NeoCon-backed “fact checkers” funded by the most abhorrent journo-terrorists and presstitutes of our time. We’ve already witnessed the total purge of independent media from social media sites, and now we’re seeing the beginning of the end of truth media on the internet.

This is an all-out war on independent (Indy) media waged by NewsGuard Technologies, an elite group of shills funded by neo-conservatives, Silicon Valley, and the immensely corrupt deep state of the U.S. government. These news hucksters put their “fake news” filter in full gear just after crooked Hillary lost the 2016 election in an effort to silence anyone who speaks out against the useless wars in the Middle East, vaccines, genetically modified food, pharmaceutical medications, mainstream lying media, or Leftist-ruled libtard social media.
"Presstitutes" could be a very useful word, I'll admit.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (01-23-2019), Crumb (01-23-2019), Kamilah Hauptmann (02-01-2019), Kyuss Apollo (01-25-2019), lisarea (01-23-2019), Sock Puppet (01-23-2019), Stormlight (01-25-2019), The Man (01-23-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: NewsGuard

So the neo-cons, Silicon Valley, leftist-ruled libtards, biotech firms, nefarious vaccine pushing Big Pharma and their modern Mengele footsoldiers, the military-industrial complex, Hillary Clinton supporters, and elite shills more generally, all got together with the journalists who terrorize us with reporting to push this product?

So question... is anyone here not in on the conspiracy?
Thanks, from:
JoeP (02-01-2019), lisarea (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: NewsGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
So question... is anyone here not in on the conspiracy?
I think that particular guy's got Mueller breathing down his neck at this moment in time.

:AB: :canada:

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology