Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6276  
Old 12-31-2016, 09:22 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCCLXIV
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Hmmm, why is it I think you're lying through your teeth that you have all the required vaccines and boosters.
I don't know why you think that, peacegirl; I don't know why you think a lot of the stupid things that you think. Especially when you've been drinking :sad:

How freely you blame though, and reject that central commandment of the Authentic Text. That is the real tragedy of peacegirl, in my view.
The more you open your mouth the dumber you become! :dumb:
Oh, peacegirl; it is heartrending to see you reject Chapter 14 of the Authentic Text and embrace the very fallacious differences that the Author astutely observed must (mathematically! undeniably!) be rejected. This is the kind of thing I mean when I refer to the tragedy of your Corrupted Text.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-01-2017), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017), Dragar (12-31-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-31-2016), The Man (12-31-2016)
  #6277  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:10 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Hmmm, why is it I think you're lying through your teeth that you have all the required vaccines and boosters.
I don't know why you think that, peacegirl; I don't know why you think a lot of the stupid things that you think. Especially when you've been drinking :sad:

How freely you blame though, and reject that central commandment of the Authentic Text. That is the real tragedy of peacegirl, in my view.
The more you open your mouth the dumber you become! :dumb:
Oh, peacegirl; it is heartrending to see you reject Chapter 14 of the Authentic Text and embrace the very fallacious differences that the Author astutely observed must (mathematically! undeniably!) be rejected. This is the kind of thing I mean when I refer to the tragedy of your Corrupted Text.
Since you know this book better than me, I'm sure you can be more specific regarding the tragedy of my corrupted text. :laugh:
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6278  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:15 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCCLXIV
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Since you know this book better than me, I'm sure you can be more specific regarding the tragedy of my corrupted text. :laugh:
Of course I know the Authentic Text better than you, peacegirl - I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. You do not even recognize it, having forgotten it years ago. The tragedy of your Corrupted Text is in the many Corruptions themselves, and the betrayal of the Author's trust that accompanies that kind of heartless Corruption, particularly now that the Author can no longer defend his own Authentic Text. How sharper than a serpent's tooth, peacegirl.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-01-2017), But (12-31-2016), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017), The Man (12-31-2016)
  #6279  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:32 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Since you know this book better than me, I'm sure you can be more specific regarding the tragedy of my corrupted text. :laugh:
Of course I know the Authentic Text better than you, peacegirl - I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. You do not even recognize it, having forgotten it years ago. The tragedy of your Corrupted Text is in the many Corruptions themselves, and the betrayal of the Author's trust that accompanies that kind of heartless Corruption, particularly now that the Author can no longer defend his own Authentic Text. How sharper than a serpent's tooth, peacegirl.
Chuck, other than the ridiculous things you already accused me of as ruining his work, give me other examples because the ones you cited do no such thing. Do you even understand what I mean by "be specific?"
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6280  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:41 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCCLXIV
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

peacegirl, your manifold Corruptions of the Authentic Text are well known here. One need only read the Authentic Text to discover the full magnitude of the violence that your Corruptions do to it.

peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. I am not interested in following the blameful demands of the Corrupter who hawks the Corrupted Text online for lucre. That would neither remedy the damage your Corruptions and your Corrupted Text have done to the Authentic Next, nor bring about in you some loyalty or fidelity to the Authentic Text. I fear it is much too late for you to find that redemption.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-01-2017), The Man (12-31-2016)
  #6281  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:53 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, your manifold Corruptions of the Authentic Text are well known here. One need only read the Authentic Text to discover the full magnitude of the violence that your Corruptions do to it.

peacegirl, I am the True Steward of the Authentic Text. I am not interested in following the blameful demands of the Corrupter who hawks the Corrupted Text online for lucre. That would neither remedy the damage your Corruptions and your Corrupted Text have done to the Authentic Next, nor bring about in you some loyalty or fidelity to the Authentic Text. I fear it is much too late for you to find that redemption.
This post reveals you're an imposter! Goodbye! :wave:
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6282  
Old 12-31-2016, 11:57 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCCLXIV
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Goodbye, peacegirl - we shall see how long this goodbye lasts for you. The most recent was what, four hours?

And peacegirl, your Corrupted Text reveals you to be a Corruptor, anxious to distort and violate the Authentic Text, and to hawk your Corrupted Text online for lucre. It is plain for anyone to see. Fortunately, the Authentic Text has at last found in me its True Steward. I am willing to defend it against your vile Corruptions. I will not apologize for fidelity to the Authentic Text, even in the face of your blameful demands that we all discard the Authentic Text, and pay you money for your Corrupted Text.

No, peacegirl, as for me and mine, we shall interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime, and we shall do so without blame from you.

#TrueStewardship
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-01-2017), But (01-01-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-01-2017), The Man (01-01-2017), Vivisectus (01-01-2017)
  #6283  
Old 01-01-2017, 12:15 AM
But's Avatar
But But is online now
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVDCXVI
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
And you still haven't figured out how quote tags work. And you're still a scientifically illiterate nutjob.
Your opinion of me does not change the truth.
And the truth is that vaccines don't cause autism, shaken baby syndrome or sudden infant death. Get lost.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-01-2017), The Man (01-01-2017)
  #6284  
Old 01-01-2017, 03:06 AM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
lol Jon Rappoport again. chunks done covered this a while back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
That is the best link ever.
Jon Rappoport has a blog called Jon Rappoport's Blog;
The author is listed as Jon Rappoport;
It starts with a quote from Jon Rappoport, then heads directly into a Q&A where Jon Rappoport asks Jon Rappoport questions, which then Jon Rappoport answers.
:lolwut:
Money quotes:
Quote:
When I was writing AIDS INC.,...
This is the book by Jon Rappoport published in 1988 claiming that HIV/ AIDS are not caused by a virus. Not to be confused with Jon Rappoport's Oklahoma City Bombing: The Suppressed Truth; wherein:
Quote:
According to the author, this book explains exactly why a truck bomb could not and did not cause major damage to the Federal Building in Oklahoma City at 9:02 AM on April 19th, 1995. Also covered is how the building was really blown up, the media and FBI cover-up...
But make room on your book shelves, people, because that's not all- you can also read The Secret Behind Secret Societies, by Jon Rappoport:
Quote:
What is behind secret societies and their activities? In a stunning 30-year investigation, Jon Rappoport uncovers the basic formula of all groups which seek to control individuals and civilizations. And then he reveals an invisible tradition which has existed on this planet for 10,000 years. A tradition which can free us now from our personal limitations. Here is the work that is being called the first great book of the 21st century.
Or you could buy his works on the matrix.
Oh the LOLs keep coming.
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (01-01-2017), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017)
  #6285  
Old 01-01-2017, 06:35 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

This is great! :smile:

Ep 72- Top 10 Anti-Vaxxer Predictions for 2017 [My Incredible Opinion] - YouTube
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6286  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Nutty Legionnaire Provost
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCCXXXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

I wonder what Unemployed Techbro thinks of the Jews. :chin:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-02-2017), But (01-01-2017), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017), The Man (01-01-2017), Vivisectus (01-02-2017)
  #6287  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:00 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
I wonder what Unemployed Techbro thinks of the Jews. :chin:
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest. I hope those who can see through you who will do their due diligence without your lies, misinformation, and interference. You are doing a disservice to all those who have been hurt by vaccines and all those who are yet to come!
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6288  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:01 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCCLXIV
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
I wonder what Unemployed Techbro thinks of the Jews. :chin:
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that!
I love Maturin's smarts, too. I fell in love with them the moment he showed them to me.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-02-2017), Dragar (01-02-2017), Pan Narrans (01-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-02-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-02-2017), The Man (01-02-2017), Vivisectus (01-02-2017)
  #6289  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:30 AM
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
The Lone Ranger The Lone Ranger is offline
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCDXI
Images: 523
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest.
Ah, peacegirl, you are the Dunning–Kruger effect personified.
__________________
“The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.”
-- Socrates
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-02-2017), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-02-2017), The Man (01-02-2017), Vivisectus (01-02-2017)
  #6290  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:46 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Nutty Legionnaire Provost
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCCXXXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
I wonder what Unemployed Techbro thinks of the Jews. :chin:
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because unemployed techbro says what I want to hear, and really, that's all that matters.
:fixed:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-02-2017), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-02-2017), The Man (01-02-2017)
  #6291  
Old 01-02-2017, 01:49 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Nutty Legionnaire Provost
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCCXXXII
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
I love Maturin's smarts, too. I fell in love with them the moment he showed them to me.
Some might even call them juicy. :yup:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-02-2017), ChuckF (01-02-2017), chunksmediocrites (01-02-2017), The Man (01-02-2017)
  #6292  
Old 01-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest.
Ah, peacegirl, you are the Dunning–Kruger effect personified.
Kind of fascinating, isn't it? A perfect example of the problems of the post-truth era. You can show them factual evidence that they are wrong, but that does not really help: it is too hard to understand, it is not emotionally satisfying, and they have trouble distinguishing between facts and slogans anyway. Appeals to emotion are what counts, not facts. And if despite all this, facts still manage to become too inconvenient, there is always the good ole conspiracy theory to make them go away.

To explain the facts that disprove the misinformation you need to write a paragraph for every sentence of nonsense, and while you are writing that paragraph, your average post-truther will have written ten new slogans. Or posted ten links to youtube videos full of more bad facts and hysterical hyperbole.

And now we have ourselves our first official post-truth president of the USA. All thanks to the "due dilligence" of utter incompetents who are not bright enough to realize competence is important.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-04-2017), Dragar (01-02-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-02-2017), Pan Narrans (01-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-02-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-02-2017), The Man (01-02-2017)
  #6293  
Old 01-02-2017, 04:45 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest.
Ah, peacegirl, you are the Dunning–Kruger effect personified.
Kind of fascinating, isn't it? A perfect example of the problems of the post-truth era. You can show them factual evidence that they are wrong, but that does not really help: it is too hard to understand, it is not emotionally satisfying, and they have trouble distinguishing between facts and slogans anyway. Appeals to emotion are what counts, not facts. And if despite all this, facts still manage to become too inconvenient, there is always the good ole conspiracy theory to make them go away.

To explain the facts that disprove the misinformation you need to write a paragraph for every sentence of nonsense, and while you are writing that paragraph, your average post-truther will have written ten new slogans. Or posted ten links to youtube videos full of more bad facts and hysterical hyperbole.

And now we have ourselves our first official post-truth president of the USA. All thanks to the "due dilligence" of utter incompetents who are not bright enough to realize competence is important.
How wonderful to put the truthers against the non- truthers in a false war. How superficial can you get to satisfy your position which fails scientific scrutiny on many levels. Good work Vivisectus. :thumbsup:
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6294  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest.
Ah, peacegirl, you are the Dunning–Kruger effect personified.
Kind of fascinating, isn't it? A perfect example of the problems of the post-truth era. You can show them factual evidence that they are wrong, but that does not really help: it is too hard to understand, it is not emotionally satisfying, and they have trouble distinguishing between facts and slogans anyway. Appeals to emotion are what counts, not facts. And if despite all this, facts still manage to become too inconvenient, there is always the good ole conspiracy theory to make them go away.

To explain the facts that disprove the misinformation you need to write a paragraph for every sentence of nonsense, and while you are writing that paragraph, your average post-truther will have written ten new slogans. Or posted ten links to youtube videos full of more bad facts and hysterical hyperbole.

And now we have ourselves our first official post-truth president of the USA. All thanks to the "due dilligence" of utter incompetents who are not bright enough to realize competence is important.
How wonderful to put the truthers against the non- truthers in a false war. How superficial can you get to satisfy your position which fails scientific scrutiny on many levels. Good work Vivisectus. :thumbsup:
That is actually a pretty decent example of what I am talking about: a compact bundle of claims you cannot back up, and you even managed to work in a hint of conspiracy theory!

And in order to challenge it I would have to write 5 times the amount you have to, while you can just write one line of your famous Peacegirlese, or post another link to a 2 hour video, or an opinion piece by some alternative medicine nutter with a sideline in holocaust denial or magical tuning fork sales...
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-04-2017), But (01-02-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-02-2017), The Man (01-02-2017)
  #6295  
Old 01-02-2017, 07:19 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest.
Ah, peacegirl, you are the Dunning–Kruger effect personified.
Kind of fascinating, isn't it? A perfect example of the problems of the post-truth era. You can show them factual evidence that they are wrong, but that does not really help: it is too hard to understand, it is not emotionally satisfying, and they have trouble distinguishing between facts and slogans anyway. Appeals to emotion are what counts, not facts. And if despite all this, facts still manage to become too inconvenient, there is always the good ole conspiracy theory to make them go away.

To explain the facts that disprove the misinformation you need to write a paragraph for every sentence of nonsense, and while you are writing that paragraph, your average post-truther will have written ten new slogans. Or posted ten links to youtube videos full of more bad facts and hysterical hyperbole.

And now we have ourselves our first official post-truth president of the USA. All thanks to the "due dilligence" of utter incompetents who are not bright enough to realize competence is important.
How wonderful to put the truthers against the non- truthers in a false war. How superficial can you get to satisfy your position which fails scientific scrutiny on many levels. Good work Vivisectus. :thumbsup:
That is actually a pretty decent example of what I am talking about: a compact bundle of claims you cannot back up, and you even managed to work in a hint of conspiracy theory!

And in order to challenge it I would have to write 5 times the amount you have to, while you can just write one line of your famous Peacegirlese, or post another link to a 2 hour video, or an opinion piece by some alternative medicine nutter with a sideline in holocaust denial or magical tuning fork sales...
Your a bunch of baloney Vivisectus. The damn inserts warn of the risks so don't tell me I'm making this up or relying on opinion pieces.
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #6296  
Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 PM
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
The Lone Ranger The Lone Ranger is offline
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCDXI
Images: 523
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Years ago, Isaac Asimov described why he refused to "debate" Creationists.
"Any good Creationist 'debater' can come up with more lies and bad logic in 5 minutes than even the most knowledgable scientist can refute in an hour. And if he is backed into a corner, the Creationist will immediately move the goalposts. Therefore, it is a waste of time to try to debate such a person, since he doesn't care whether or not what he's saying is true, but only that it serves his purposes."*

Attempting to "debate" peacegirl is exactly the same experience.


*I don't have the exact quote at hand, so I'm going from memory.
__________________
“The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.”
-- Socrates
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-04-2017), Ari (01-02-2017), ChuckF (01-03-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2017), The Man (01-02-2017), Vivisectus (01-04-2017)
  #6297  
Old 01-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is offline
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDCLXXIII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

The creationist method of science works great for most conspiracy theories. Step #1, assume you are right and that the evidence that supports you might not have been found but it will be, eventually. Step #2, make up a semi coherent explanation that links parts of reality to your theory, justify them as obvious truths still looking for supporting facts. Step #3, Sell a book! Make sure not to corrupt the text though.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-04-2017), ChuckF (01-03-2017), Limoncello (01-03-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-03-2017), The Man (01-03-2017), Vivisectus (01-03-2017)
  #6298  
Old 01-03-2017, 12:44 AM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDCCCLXIV
Images: 2
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Years ago, Isaac Asimov described why he refused to "debate" Creationists.
"Any good Creationist 'debater' can come up with more lies and bad logic in 5 minutes than even the most knowledgable scientist can refute in an hour. And if he is backed into a corner, the Creationist will immediately move the goalposts. Therefore, it is a waste of time to try to debate such a person, since he doesn't care whether or not what he's saying is true, but only that it serves his purposes."*

Attempting to "debate" peacegirl is exactly the same experience.


*I don't have the exact quote at hand, so I'm going from memory.
If it isn't completely self-evident, this is the precise reason why it's so much fun for me to engage peacegirl in the person of the True Steward of the Authentic Text. After she makes it clear that she has no interest in facts or data or anything like that and seeks to limit the discourse to anything that confirms her pre-existing biases (maybe sweeping in a little Holocaust denial in the process), I figure, ok, let's leave facts behind; peacegirl doesn't care about them. But what does she claim care about? Her Corrupted Text, that's what.

And from there, I can simply take the peacegirl approach, and make up my own reality. Because it is all nonsense babble, there are no facts to constrain us. The goal is simply to out-peacegirl peacegirl on her own turf. And I have to admit: it is pretty fun.

Though, sometimes I worry that it might get kind of old, but then I remember that the handful of people who even pay attention to these threads are old pros who've been giving ye olde efferent vision the time of day for years now, so I hope it doesn't get too tiresome for you guys.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-04-2017), Dragar (01-03-2017), Limoncello (01-03-2017), Pan Narrans (01-03-2017), Stephen Maturin (01-03-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-03-2017), The Man (01-03-2017), Vivisectus (01-03-2017)
  #6299  
Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Love this guy's smarts and there's nothing you say that can change that because he's much smarter than you are. In fact, there's no contest.
Ah, peacegirl, you are the Dunning–Kruger effect personified.
Kind of fascinating, isn't it? A perfect example of the problems of the post-truth era. You can show them factual evidence that they are wrong, but that does not really help: it is too hard to understand, it is not emotionally satisfying, and they have trouble distinguishing between facts and slogans anyway. Appeals to emotion are what counts, not facts. And if despite all this, facts still manage to become too inconvenient, there is always the good ole conspiracy theory to make them go away.

To explain the facts that disprove the misinformation you need to write a paragraph for every sentence of nonsense, and while you are writing that paragraph, your average post-truther will have written ten new slogans. Or posted ten links to youtube videos full of more bad facts and hysterical hyperbole.

And now we have ourselves our first official post-truth president of the USA. All thanks to the "due dilligence" of utter incompetents who are not bright enough to realize competence is important.
How wonderful to put the truthers against the non- truthers in a false war. How superficial can you get to satisfy your position which fails scientific scrutiny on many levels. Good work Vivisectus. :thumbsup:
That is actually a pretty decent example of what I am talking about: a compact bundle of claims you cannot back up, and you even managed to work in a hint of conspiracy theory!

And in order to challenge it I would have to write 5 times the amount you have to, while you can just write one line of your famous Peacegirlese, or post another link to a 2 hour video, or an opinion piece by some alternative medicine nutter with a sideline in holocaust denial or magical tuning fork sales...
Your a bunch of baloney Vivisectus. The damn inserts warn of the risks so don't tell me I'm making this up or relying on opinion pieces.
And again: some quick name-calling, and then a weak argument that would take me at least a paragraph to unpack.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (01-04-2017), The Lone Ranger (01-03-2017), The Man (01-03-2017)
  #6300  
Old 01-03-2017, 06:46 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Introduction to Hear This Well - YouTube
__________________
"We will not solve the problems of the world from the level of thinking we were at when we created them" -- Einstein

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 2.27436 seconds with 15 queries