Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 12-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: Trumphole starts another fucking fire

Pence is gonna be lonely...

Egypt's Coptic Pope rejects Pence meeting over Jerusalem | Daily Mail Online
But (12-09-2017), JoeP (12-10-2017), Nullifidian (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Spiffiest wanger

I’m not going to get into a pissing match with erimir or beyelzu about this nonsense, which has been hashed over a million times. I understand that deep down, both of them have a guilty conscience in helping to give us Donald Trump by trying to fob off on the public a hopelessly compromised candidate. To ease their guilt, they lash out at others, those of us who were right from the start.

I will note in passing that in all the time I’ve read beyelzu’s posts, going back iirc to iidb, I have never once insulted him and I have generally admired his work. Yet here he felt the need to jump in guns glazing and hurl insults at me. And actually, not just insults, but a clear species of ad hom: that I must have had a stroke, which of course must render my arguments invalid!

Notice that this is the guy, in this thread, who has been lecturing others on what constitutes logical and acceptable posting!

:lol:
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-09-2017), Nullifidian (12-09-2017), Watser? (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

In a way, I'm glad Trump burned whatever credibility we had left regarding the situation. My biggest criticism is that it's a really dumb time to be pissing Muslims off, as it's the Muslim communities if anyone that are going to defeat Islamic extremism.

I won't miss this weird expectation that the US should somehow be the least worst facilitator of a resolution to the Israel-Palestine situation. I have never understood why we would be.
Crumb (12-10-2017), JoeP (12-10-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-09-2017), Nullifidian (12-09-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-10-2017), The Man (12-09-2017), Watser? (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Fishy mokey

Egypt journalists: ‘Sorry Palestine, we are governed by a Zionist’ – Middle East Monitor

Quote:
In a bold move, they criticised Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi’s response to Trump’s decision saying: “Sorry Palestine, we are governed by a Zionist.”

In the first official call to boycott US products, the Journalists Syndicate issued a statement which condemned Trump’s decision and called on all Egyptians to boycott American goods.
Nullifidian (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Fishy mokey

Dionne and Shields ignore the Adelson in the room

To acknowledge reality would be antisemitic, dur.
Nullifidian (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Fishy mokey

News Re: Trumphole starts another fucking fire

More from Egypt:
Quote:
Badee Dwaik
Yesterday at 2:45pm · Dublin, Ireland ·
The most beautiful news that reflects the nature of the real conflict.
The Pharmacists Syndicate in Egypt decides to boycott the medicines produced in America ,,,,,, I hope to hear more news such of this great news from Egypt.
#Boycott_USA
#Boycott_Israel
Badee Dwaik is a Palestinian activist with the Rights Defenders.

Ik think the zionists and the Saudis have badly misjudged public opinion in Egypt, like they did in Lebanon when they kidnapped Hariri and like they did in Qatar when they tried to knuckle them under and like they did in Yemen which they still can't control. They are just really, really bad at this game.
Nullifidian (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 07:58 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Of course, davidm dismisses Russian conspiracy theories and instead offers DNC conspiracy theories based on no particular evidence. The closest thing he has to evidence was of course released by WikiLeaks after being stolen by Russian hackers in order to ratfuck, to make the irony that much richer. Without the ridiculous notion that Sanders lost by 4 million votes because a couple debates out of nine were scheduled on Saturdays, his points are incoherent.

Maybe it's his fault for trying to fob off a politically isolated candidate who couldn't connect with minorities (the Democratic base). Bernie Sanders was a poor avatar for the left with a lot of weaknesses, and he couldn't be bothered to find a better candidate.

And Watser offers his opinion that Russia couldn't affect anything, but Israel controls our entire government.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-10-2017), The Man (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 08:27 PM
here to bore you with pictures

You know, if Israel (or specifically Palestine) was my only issue, and the choice was between Trump and Clinton....

I still would have picked Clinton.

Why? Quite simply, even though she's extremely pro-Israel, she's not pro-Zionist. She would never have been so bold and stupid as to unilaterally declare Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. Her political base does not contain pro-Zionist Christians who are both deeply antisemitic and think that Israel needs to establish a Jewish homeland as part of divine prophecy.

I'm not surprised that Trump did this. It's blatant pandering to a portion of his base (including his VP), and Trump probably feels he needs more "wins" as the first year of his term is ending.

(On the other hand, if Israel was my only issue, I might have taken a gamble on Jill Stein or some other more down ticket 3rd party.)
Thanks, from:
erimir (12-10-2017), Kael (12-09-2017), slimshady2357 (12-09-2017), SR71 (12-09-2017), The Man (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 08:32 PM
here to bore you with pictures

And yes, Clinton was a poor candidate in many respects, but I didn't really have any qualms about voting for her. I knew who and what she was, and she was by far the best choice of what we wound up with.

(I actually liked Mike O'Malley in the primary, but he had like zero chance of winning.)
Thanks, from:
Kael (12-09-2017), slimshady2357 (12-09-2017), The Man (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Fishy mokey

I have seen her as a Secretary of State, enough evidence that she was extremely close to the Israeli position, especially on Iran and the bombing thereof. I agree that she wouldn't have done this Jerusalem thing. I am still pretty sure she would have gotten more involved in Syria and probably started that Iran war.

It is Trump's and the Saudis' incompetence more than goodwill on his part that has stopped war with Iran from breaking out though. First they alienated Qatar and Turkey, then they fucked up the Lebanon thing and now this is backfiring badly too, may force Egypt to do more for the Palestinians instead of focusing on Iran.
Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Fishy mokey

Meanwhile the Russians are moving in: Abbas won't meet Pence as Palestinians seek new mediator RT US News
Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 09:35 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by some dipshit
I understand that deep down, both of them have a guilty conscience in helping to give us Donald Trump by trying to fob off on the public a hopelessly compromised candidate. To ease their guilt, they lash out at others, those of us who were right from the start.
Your armchair psychology is on par with your armchair philosophy.

I tell you that I think people like you cost the US the election with their false equivalence garbage and you have to talk about my real emotions that I’m lying about. I don’t have guilt, but this is slimey even for you.

Above you can find an actual insult.

Quote:
I will note in passing that in all the time I’ve read beyelzu’s posts, going back iirc to iidb, I have never once insulted him and I have generally admired his work. Yet here he felt the need to jump in guns glazing and hurl insults at me. And actually, not just insults, but a clear species of ad hom: that I must have had a stroke, which of course must render my arguments invalid!
That’s weak. I was insulting your argument as making no sense, but go ahead and argue that I was making the worlds dumbest ad hominem.

You’ll know it when I insult you, I’m not subtle.
The Man (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Please spare me your insipid sanctimony. No nation that has done so many wrongs to other nations -- including the Native American nation and the nations of Africa, whose people it systematically enslaved -- has any call to whine about someone else "hacking" its precious election -- an election that in any case is bought and paid for by the one percent. That is why we no longer have a labor party in the U.S. and why no politician any longer addresses the plight of the poor. We are a plutocracy and an oligarchy committed to to the interests of the wealthy.

Pro tip, Davieboy, intervening in other people’s Democratic elections is fucking wrong. It was wrong when we did it and it is wrong when someone does it to us. I know you clearly find this confusing.
Ooooh, and let's not forget the above gem:

Let's see ... wait for it ... ready? two wrongs don't make a right!

I guess it takes someone who flaunts himself as a microbiologist to propound an empty platitude! :pat:

Us non-microbiolgists just don't get it, I guess!

Thanks, from:
But (12-09-2017), Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Fishy mokey

As much as Trump pisses me off I still in many ways am very glad at how much he exposes the raw power and arrogance of the US in its dealings with the rest of the world. Now the Saudis are exposed to the whole Arab world as the Israel-collaborators they clearly are. Selling out Jerusalem and trying to force a 'peace plan' down the Palestinian throats. Forcing Egypt to take a position closer to the Palestinians and therefore distancing themselves from the Saudis.
But (12-09-2017), Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Fishy mokey

And why the fucking hell not: NETANYAHU TO TRUMP: RECOGNIZE GOLAN HEIGHTS AS PART OF ISRAEL
Nullifidian (12-11-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-10-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:37 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
As much as Trump pisses me off I still in many ways am very glad at how much he exposes the raw power and arrogance of the US in its dealings with the rest of the world. Now the Saudis are exposed to the whole Arab world as the Israel-collaborators they clearly are. Selling out Jerusalem and trying to force a 'peace plan' down the Palestinian throats. Forcing Egypt to take a position closer to the Palestinians and therefore distancing themselves from the Saudis.
Trump is the right face for US foreign policy. Instead of primitive bullying couched in layers of diplomatic bullshit and smiley faces, you have primitive bullying by a primitive bully.
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-09-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-09-2017), Nullifidian (12-11-2017), Pan Narrans (12-09-2017), SR71 (12-10-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-09-2017), The Man (12-10-2017), Watser? (12-09-2017)
Old 12-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Fishy mokey

Well, yeah. And because of that, and with help from the Saudi clown prince who is just as inept, the whole thing is too primitive and clumsy to succeed, which is progress.

We've seen the primitive bullying couched in layers of diplomatic bullshit and smiley faces honed to perfection by Bill Clinton who fucked the Palestinians like no other president before or after, including Trump so far. Which yeah, didn't help endear Hillary Clinton to me.
But (12-09-2017), Nullifidian (12-11-2017), Stephen Maturin (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 12:29 AM
Fishy mokey

Also I am so thieving that :pickpocket:
But (12-10-2017), Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some dipshit

Ooooh, and let's not forget the above gem:
Translation: I DavidM have spent hours masturbating to my fine argumentation and believe that I missed scoring a rhetorical point.

Quote:
Let's see ... wait for it ... ready? two wrongs don't make a right!

I guess it takes someone who flaunts himself as a microbiologist to propound an empty platitude! :pat:

Us non-microbiolgists just don't get it, I guess!

You evidently needed to be reminded.

Quote:
No nation that has done so many wrongs to other nations -- including the Native American nation and the nations of Africa, whose people it systematically enslaved -- has any call to whine about someone else "hacking" its precious election -- an election

This doesn’t look like you do understand that interfering in elections is always wrong.

You also went back to try to score rhetorical points, you spent hours on this and came up with this drivel?

You’re even more pathetic than normal.

I agree that I shouldn’t have to tell you that fucking with elections is wrong.
The Man (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by some dipshit
I understand that deep down, both of them have a guilty conscience in helping to give us Donald Trump by trying to fob off on the public a hopelessly compromised candidate. To ease their guilt, they lash out at others, those of us who were right from the start.
Your armchair psychology is on par with your armchair philosophy.

I tell you that I think people like you cost the US the election with their false equivalence garbage and you have to talk about my real emotions that I’m lying about. I don’t have guilt, but this is slimey even for you.

Above you can find an actual insult.

Quote:
That’s weak. I was insulting your argument as making no sense, but go ahead and argue that I was making the worlds dumbest ad hominem.

You’ll know it when I insult you, I’m not subtle.
Apparently you missed this, dipshitM
Old 12-10-2017, 01:37 PM
Fishy mokey

The new Balfour Declaration | +972 Magazine
Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Fishy mokey

Moldovan bouncer and Israeli minister of Occupation and War Lieberman really wants us to know he is a racist thug.

"Don't buy from Arabs", says Israeli Defense Minister
Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:23 PM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
The "red line" for Palestinians was crossed decades ago, and this is why they have taken to the streets, not simply because of this latest political move.

Similarly, the de-railing of the current peace process is a misnomer: It was dead from inception. The Oslo peace process was designed to entrench the occupation and ghettoise the Palestinians into Bantustans while presenting a facade of state building and steps towards Palestinian sovereignty. In sum, it was a smoke screen for Israeli settler colonisation of Palestine. While many Palestinians and their allies have seen through this over the last two decades, they have been repeatedly silenced and dismissed both externally and internally. The opposition and condemnation from many in the international community at Trump's statement not only lacks clout but is also marked by hypocrisy. The colonisation of East Jerusalem and the West Bank that began 50 years ago has been relentless, as has been the violation of Palestinian human rights.
The spectacle of Palestine | Israeli-Palestinian conflict | Al Jazeera
But (12-10-2017), Nullifidian (12-11-2017), The Man (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Fishy mokey

News Re: Trumphole starts another fucking fire

Fucking useless fucking aseholes...

Key Democratic figures shift positions on Jerusalem when decision is real – Wikitribune
Nullifidian (12-11-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

You should probably excoriate davidm for supporting Zionist-pandering scum like Bernie Sanders given that vote. How could he think of voting for such an evil candidate?! He makes me want to puke.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-10-2017), Kael (12-11-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law