Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 02-25-2016, 08:21 PM

Default Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Note that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims, but that their parents, as their guardians, are the ones I blame and not the child victims.

I recently watched this disturbing movie and recognize that what it portrays fairly closely what is happenings in reality right now.

Google

The silence and complicity of the religious are facilitating and colluding in the future assaults on children. Silence or the acceptance of a payoff, in my opinion, is direct collusion with these religious criminals and I see the past victims of these pedophiles as now helping their own assailants create new victims by their silence.

I appreciate that going public is hard, but if victims do not come forward, I see them as helping the priests and imams that are left free to abuse other children.

There are some who will read this and know that, in a real sense, victims or their parents are guilty of helping the pedophile problem continue.

I would urge these victims and their families to step up and do the right thing and return the payoffs and lay charges instead so that we can rid our churches and mosques of these predatory criminals.

Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims or their guardian/parents accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?

Regards
DL
Old 02-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Do you agree that Gnostic Christian Bishop is a tedious, infantile, humorless, repetitive moron who wants women shared among men as common property according to the writings of some idiot he once read?

Yes

No
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-27-2016), Dingfod (02-25-2016), JoeP (02-27-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Y!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Fishy mokey

Where do Imams figure in this anyway?
Dingfod (02-25-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Cool victim blaming, bro.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Watser? (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims or their guardian/parents accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?
Holy fucking shit.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-27-2016), Crumb (02-26-2016), livius drusus (02-25-2016), Sock Puppet (02-26-2016), The Man (02-25-2016), Watser? (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Quote:
Note that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims, but that their parents, as their guardians, are the ones I blame and not the child victims.
Why does the "ultimate responsibility" lie with the victims? And why would it matter worth a snail's fart whom you "blame" if it did?

Quote:
I would urge these victims and their families to step up and do the right thing and return the payoffs and lay charges instead so that we can rid our churches and mosques of these predatory criminals.
Do you really think anybody believes you give the slightest shit about what goes on in mosques? Rhetorical question.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-27-2016), Crumb (02-26-2016), livius drusus (02-25-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 10:58 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Yeah fuck those children for not standing up against their elders. They should learn to speak up even if theyve been taught doing so is a sin and could get them banished or killed. I mean I can speak up just fine on an internet forum and thats like 20x harder than your priest, er than speaking, speaking, to a priest.

Its really easy to tell an armchair activist when their only recommendation is speak up and fight back, almost as if theyve never had to deal or something.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-27-2016), beyelzu (02-28-2016), chunksmediocrites (02-28-2016), JoeP (02-27-2016), livius drusus (02-25-2016), The Man (02-25-2016), Watser? (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 11:13 PM
Fishy mokey

There are people here now who say Syrian and Iraqi refugees are cowards who should have joined the army to fight ISIS. It's just...
chunksmediocrites (02-28-2016), The Man (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Do you agree that people who say the ultimate responsibility of victimization lies with the victims is a filthy little turd?

Yes

No

Especially when said turd writes "note that" as if his claim were an objective fact, and then goes on, immediately contradicting himself, to blame the parents rather than the child victims, whom he just got through saying were "ultimately responsible" ?

Yes

No
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (02-27-2016), Ari (02-25-2016), beyelzu (02-28-2016), livius drusus (02-25-2016), Sock Puppet (02-25-2016), Stephen Maturin (02-28-2016), The Man (02-25-2016), Watser? (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016, 11:37 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Push the damned button.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:31 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
Note that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims
Goddamn kids, shaking their bubblicious asses right in the faces of those poor priests. Those dudes are only human, after all. When you think about it, the "victims" are actually the perpetrators. :yup:

Quote:
I recently watched this disturbing movie and recognize that what it portrays fairly closely what is happenings in reality right now.
Cool story breh.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (02-28-2016), chunksmediocrites (02-28-2016), Dingfod (02-29-2016), livius drusus (02-28-2016), The Man (02-28-2016), Watser? (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 04:56 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

I heard we had a new troll.

Welcome to the forum, Bishop.

Edit, nvm just found the Nazi.
Dingfod (02-29-2016), JoeP (02-28-2016), The Man (02-29-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 11:13 PM
Solipsist

Do keep up, bey.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (02-29-2016), Dingfod (02-29-2016), Pan Narrans (02-29-2016), The Man (02-29-2016)
Old 02-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Alright, to defend GCB...

I'm thinking that he meant to write

"Not that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims, but that [sic] their parents, as their guardians, are the ones I blame and not the child victims."

But he's too careless or stupid to note that he changed the entire meaning of the sentence with his typo.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 12:10 AM

I dunno. I think that self-contradictory sentence could be exactly what he meant, based on what he's written in the past.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (03-01-2016), The Man (03-01-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Cool victim blaming, bro.
Get the quote, or be seen as too stupid to read properly.

Regards
DL
Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Do you agree that Gnostic Christian Bishop is a tedious, infantile, humorless, repetitive moron who wants women shared among men as common property according to the writings of some idiot he once read?

Yes

No
Get the information you refer to so I can pin your stupid ears back and show you how to read.

Regards
DL
Old 04-12-2016, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Where do Imams figure in this anyway?
Clip 2 from "The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan" - YouTube

Most of those boys are kidnaped.

Regards
DL
Old 04-12-2016, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Quote:
Holy fucking shit.
Are you at all familiar with the Golden Rule?

How would you apply it from the various players POV in such situations.

Answer that and you will eat your own Holy fucking shit if you have half a brain and apply the greatest amount of compassion in the situation.

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
[
Quote:
quote=Gnostic Christian Bishop;1250457]Note that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims, but that their parents, as their guardians, are the ones I blame and not the child victims.
Why does the "ultimate responsibility" lie with the victims? And why would it matter worth a snail's fart whom you "blame" if it did?
Is the victim not the witness and most important of the people involved?

Yes he is.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you really think anybody believes you give the slightest shit about what goes on in mosques? Rhetorical question.
[/QUOTE]

What people here think of me personally is of little importance to me.

I am here for issues.

A lot of those here should keep this in mind.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 12:07 AM

No, you're here to make sweeping, unsupported statements, and then make snide, disparaging comments when people refuse to accept your faulty premises.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), But (04-13-2016), JoeP (04-13-2016), livius drusus (04-13-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-13-2016), The Man (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Yeah fuck those children for not standing up against their elders. They should learn to speak up even if theyve been taught doing so is a sin and could get them banished or killed. I mean I can speak up just fine on an internet forum and thats like 20x harder than your priest, er than speaking, speaking, to a priest.

Its really easy to tell an armchair activist when their only recommendation is speak up and fight back, almost as if theyve never had to deal or something.
Do you really think the parents of victims are that bad. I hope not.

There is a situation where as children, sure they can be intimidated by their parents and other grownups around them. That is why I lay most of the blame on the parents that pimp out their child after the fact of abuse.

But the situation, after the child grown up, where the blame for future victims he must share as he has allowed the perpetrator to run free.

The Golden rule is our best moral concept and most here do not think it should be applied and that should tell you who is in the right moral position.

Watch the movie Spotlight and see how many victims ended up coming forward after thinking about things for a bit.

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
There are people here now who say Syrian and Iraqi refugees are cowards who should have joined the army to fight ISIS. It's just...
Those people may be partially correct.

I do not see Syrian and Iraqi refugees as cowards but since we can plainly see that assimilation and integration are not working well at all, suggesting that we train and arm them and send them to be our ground troops instead of using our own ground forces seems like a reasonable idea.

I am sure, given the ghetto and no go zone situation in many countries now, that Syrian and Iraqi refugees might actually prefer to go back and liberate their home countries.

What exactly do you have against that notion?

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 12:21 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

How are they failing to integrate?
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-13-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy