Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: Was God creating Satan a good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian Bishop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Quote:
By even writing this response I'm giving you far more attention than you deserve, but off the top of my head, your misogyny includes that time you blamed children for paedophile priests raping them.
This is a lie.

Nowhere in that post do I assign any blame to a victim for their assault. I do speak of culpability for future victims but that is not the same thing at all

Get the quote or be seen as lying.

Quote:
Of course, this isn't just misogyny but misandry as well, since many of the victims were male.
So that is your idea of a recant after an wrongful insult. No wonder you lie so easily.

Quote:
There's also this thread, where you describe the West as practising "equality of the sexes" (spoiler alert: it does not, and anyone who believes it does is demonstrating a massive pro-male bias) and refer possessively to "our women".
So my thinking that the West practices equality when your view of equality is not met makes me misogynous.

You go from dumb to dumber.

Quote:
Your racism includes this charming thread where you proposed banning immigration from any majority-Islamic countries and falsely stated that all majority-Islamic countries apply sharia law, or this one where you proposed that because of a couple of dictatorships in the Middle East, all Muslims should be subjected to discriminatory treatment in Western countries. Or this dead giveaway where you fret about the number of "white births" and, when it is pointed out to you that the only reason whites becoming a minority would be a problem is if whites were creating a precedent of treating minorities badly, naturally gravitate towards the response of doubling down on why this means a declining white population is a bad thing instead of why it means treating minorities badly is a bad thing. Just to name a few examples.
A religion is not a race.

Name the race I disrespected or retract your lie.

Quote:
I could go on, but that's enough. I don't expect you to accept any of these examples, because misogynists generally refuse to acknowledge that they are misogynists, and racists generally refuse to acknowledge that they are racists. I've learned to accept that, and I'm not particularly concerned with convincing you of anything; I'm mostly doing this for the benefit of third parties. I probably won't respond to this thread again; I've already given you far more effort than you deserve.
What you have learned is to denigrate where it is not apropos and do the type of blackballing without showing the facts as you have done here.

You are either a young idiot, which I can forgive, or an old and stupid bastard which I cannot forgive.

Recant of be seen as one of those and ignorant to boot.

Regards
DL
Someone is having problems with their quote tags, so I guess Stephen's post stands.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 PM

Many theist try me out but do learn that it is hard to refute anything I say. The weaker ones learn to ignore me quickly enough.

Regards
DL
Old 04-12-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
[

Someone is having problems with their quote tags, so I guess Stephen's post stands.
You are just as big of a fool here as the other place.

Check my spelling and you will likely find errors to really excite you.

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 12:13 AM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

Quote:
Many theist try me out but do learn that it is hard to refute anything I say.
No, they learn that you're too pig-headed to accept when you've been refuted. And I say that as a non-theist.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), The Man (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
Quote:
No, they learn that you're too pig-headed to accept when you've been refuted. And I say that as a non-theist.
You do not know what pleases me.

You do not read well at all so do try to listen.

Daniel H. Cohen: For argument's sake - YouTube

My winning a debates gives benefit to the loser.

I am pleased by losing as then I win new information or insight.

Most here so far seem to just get the little pleasure of insult and ignore the pleasure they should get from losing.

There is not much maturity here and that is why I have not been that active so far.

Mind you, today I saw a decent mind or two so things are looking up.

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 12:48 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Either "Pig Headed" or too stupid to understand the refutation and therefore don't know when their statements have been refuted. Some like GCB, just make claims without any understanding, and don't understand the counters.
Angakuk (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Either "Pig Headed" or too stupid to understand the refutation and therefore don't know when their statements have been refuted. Some like GCB, just make claims without any understanding, and don't understand the counters.
Still no life eh?

Regards
DL
Old 04-13-2016, 01:46 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

I don’t know why I’m even bothering with this dumb horseshit, other than sheer boredom. I can’t promise I’ll keep it up, either, but sometimes there’s nothing more satisfying than swatting back dumb idiots.

Quote:
Quote:
By even writing this response I'm giving you far more attention than you deserve, but off the top of my head, your misogyny includes that time you blamed children for paedophile priests raping them.
This is a lie.

Nowhere in that post do I assign any blame to a victim for their assault. I do speak of culpability for future victims but that is not the same thing at all

Get the quote or be seen as lying.
My statement is not a lie; it simply provides an example of your illiteracy rearing its head for the first of multiple times in this post. My statement was that you blamed children (collective noun, referring a category of people rather than to any specific person) for priests raping them (collective pronoun, clearly referring to the category of people children). This is, in fact, what you explicitly admit to saying in the same breath in which you accuse me of lying. Nowhere did I say that you said children were responsible for their own rapes. This is your own invention. You admit to saying that children were responsible for the rapes of other children. This is, in fact, exactly what I said you said, because other children are part of the category children, to which, as established above, the pronoun them refers. If I had written “that time you blamed children for their own rapes”, you may have had a point, but I did not, because I am generally very specific about what I mean. The fact that you are too illiterate to understand that plural pronouns refer to groups of individuals and are not necessarily meant to refer to the same specific members of the group as were referenced the first time (unless it is specifically specified that they do, hence the existence of the construction “their own”) is not my problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Of course, this isn't just misogyny but misandry as well, since many of the victims were male.
So that is your idea of a recant after an wrongful insult. No wonder you lie so easily.
This is, in fact, not any form of recantation, because misogyny and misandry are not mutually exclusive. In fact, they often spring from the same source: the belief that there are specific gender roles and that people who refuse to conform to them are “bad” examples of their gender. Thus the same misogyny that contributes to the belief that raising children is women’s work also contributes to misandry in the form of prejudice against men who raise children. Similarly, the same misogyny that results in female rape victims being blamed for dressing provocatively is inextricably linked with the kind of misandry that perceives male rape victims as being emasculated. Misogyny refers to prejudice against women, while misandry refers to prejudice against men. These are not, in fact, mutually exclusive, and in the thread I referred to you are practising both.

Quote:
Quote:
There's also this thread, where you describe the West as practising "equality of the sexes" (spoiler alert: it does not, and anyone who believes it does is demonstrating a massive pro-male bias) and refer possessively to "our women".
So my thinking that the West practices equality when your view of equality is not met makes me misogynous.

You go from dumb to dumber.
Your thinking that the West practises equality does, in fact, make you a misogynist, because it demonstrably does not. The massive pay gap is perhaps the most obvious representation of this fact: women are paid fractions of what men are when they are in the same exact job positions as men. As but one flagrant example of this, I recently cited (you don’t get a link, sorry; you’re not worth the effort, and it’s easy to search this forum) a news story indicating that Gillian Anderson was offered half the payment of her co-star David Duchovny for the most recent miniseries of The X-Files, despite the fact that she is just as much a main character as Duchovny and arguably has had a more successful recent career. This is, mind you, for a show that aired a couple of months ago. I could name dozens of other examples of this, but again, you’re not worth the effort.

And this isn’t even getting into arguably even more sinister forms of misogyny, such as the pervasive kind, already mentioned above, that blames women for things like dressing provocatively or having too many sex partners or walking through the wrong part of town or being too flirty or being a woman when they get raped. Of course, men are also subjected to misandry when they get raped, but it takes different forms, such as a general belief that male rape victims have been emasculated.

One would have to be a liar, a misogynist, or an idiot to deny that women are treated unequally in Western countries. You give every sign of being all three.

Quote:
Quote:
Your racism includes this charming thread where you proposed banning immigration from any majority-Islamic countries and falsely stated that all majority-Islamic countries apply sharia law, or this one where you proposed that because of a couple of dictatorships in the Middle East, all Muslims should be subjected to discriminatory treatment in Western countries. Or this dead giveaway where you fret about the number of "white births" and, when it is pointed out to you that the only reason whites becoming a minority would be a problem is if whites were creating a precedent of treating minorities badly, naturally gravitate towards the response of doubling down on why this means a declining white population is a bad thing instead of why it means treating minorities badly is a bad thing. Just to name a few examples.

First of all, this quote once again demonstrates your illiteracy, because not all of these were referring to “a religion”. My third example was clearly referring to “whites”. Furthermore, you apparently misunderstand the definition of “racism”, because the definition of racism is not merely limited to “disrespect” for one race. It also takes the form of favouring one race over others, which, as I clearly demonstrated, you did in the third link. When I pointed out to you that the only reason whites being a minority would be a problem for white people is if there were a precedent of treating minorities badly, your reaction was not to conclude that maybe treating minorities badly might not be in white people’s best interest, as anyone with a functioning brain and sense of ethics might, but instead to fret about why that makes white people’s situation more precarious. That said, favouring one race over others clearly implies disrespect for the others as well, in any case, so you are racist there on several different counts.

But in the first two, you also demonstrate racism, because there is no effective way to specifically ban Islam without racial profiling. How do you determine what religion an immigrant is? Ask them? People lie. Try to determine their relative level of knowledge of various religions? Some people know almost nothing about their religions, and others know plenty about religions to which they have never belonged or no longer belong, so that won’t work either. Perform extensive background checks of everyone who tries to immigrate to the country to determine their true religion? That would require a tremendously impractical amount of resources. The obvious implication of the suggestion to ban Islamic immigrants, if it is to be treated at all seriously, is to profile people based on the countries from which they are immigrating, or their general appearances, or the sound of their names. And all of these are textbook examples of racism.

In any case, my criticism of you in the first two cases was not merely due to your proposal to ban Islamic immigrants but also due to your massively racist false assumptions about majority-Islamic countries, which I noticed you didn’t even bother to note. For example, as others have amply demonstrated, your broad assertion that all or even most majority-Islamic countries practise sharia law is not even close to being true. This is based in otherising foreign nationalities and a textbook example of racism, since they are, after all, foreign, and are being libelled purely due to their countries of origin.

In short, you are stunningly and embarrassingly full of shit in pretty much every way possible.

Quote:
Quote:
I could go on, but that's enough. I don't expect you to accept any of these examples, because misogynists generally refuse to acknowledge that they are misogynists, and racists generally refuse to acknowledge that they are racists. I've learned to accept that, and I'm not particularly concerned with convincing you of anything; I'm mostly doing this for the benefit of third parties. I probably won't respond to this thread again; I've already given you far more effort than you deserve.
What you have learned is to denigrate where it is not apropos and do the type of blackballing without showing the facts as you have done here.

You are either a young idiot, which I can forgive, or an old and stupid bastard which I cannot forgive.

Recant of be seen as one of those and ignorant to boot.

Regards
DL
And not only do you refuse to accept any of these as examples of misogyny or racism, as I predicted you would, but you respond to having your bigotries pointed out by throwing out a blanket series of accusations, many of which you yourself have been repeatedly guilty (you are, as you have ably demonstrated in this thread alone, a particularly flagrant liar). I’m not sure if you’re just projecting or consciously trying to distract others from your own offences, and I don’t really care. No one should give anything you have to say a single second of credence.

Oh, and I fixed your faulty quote tags for you. You’re welcome.

thedoc: I actually didn’t realise you were a theist. Sorry about that. I did indicate that my list was very unlikely to be complete.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 04-13-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), But (04-16-2016), livius drusus (04-13-2016), Sock Puppet (04-13-2016), SR71 (04-14-2016), Stormlight (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 03:22 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:

thedoc: I actually didn’t realise you were a theist. Sorry about that. I did indicate that my list was very unlikely to be complete.
It's OK really, I just wanted to jerk your chain a bit. I know many of my post don't sound like I'm a Theist, but I do believe in God, I just have to rationalize the rest of the Christian/Jewish Mythology. If you really dig deep enough I would say I'm a Lutheran/Buddhist.
Angakuk (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Many theist try me out but do learn that it is hard to refute anything I say. The weaker ones learn to ignore me quickly enough.

Regards
DL
Refute!

Why do self-absorbed idiots love that word? Without seeing it when it happens?

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), Ari (04-13-2016), Sock Puppet (04-13-2016), SR71 (04-14-2016), Stormlight (04-13-2016), The Man (04-13-2016), Vivisectus (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:

Yeah, the Man. Unless you get called on exactly the right kind of bigotry, you can be all offended in stead of examining your own bigotry.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), JoeP (04-13-2016), livius drusus (04-13-2016), Pan Narrans (04-13-2016), Sock Puppet (04-13-2016), Stormlight (04-13-2016), The Man (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

I think this was a particularly good one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB
I think men should rule over women in the sense of the law of the sea.

When it comes to protection of women and children, our fatherly/husband instincts should kick in and men should force women to comply in taking a seat in the lifeboats. If no children are involved then the woman should be allowed her free choice.
Now for some bigotry (For goodness sake let us not call it racism! It would be terrible to confuse our kinds of bigotry! Won't someone please think of the children!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB
The main impetus for the question was the present immigration crisis in the E. U. and the fact that Islam is growing in power and influence all over the free world and if we do not bring it to heel, our women and cultures will lose the equality of the sexes.
Most of what I want to have you here other than what I answer to posts is in these two links.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), But (04-13-2016), livius drusus (04-13-2016), SR71 (04-14-2016), The Man (04-13-2016), Watser? (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 03:48 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
I do not see any theists here so far so will likely move along soon.
Quote:
Of the regular posters here, Angakuk (an actual Lutheran minister) and, I believe, wildernesse, at the very least, are theists, but I'm fairly certain they will have no inclination to treat you with the seriousness you seem to think you deserve, given your pervasive misogyny, Islamophobia, and racism. Just as no one here wanted to discuss Israel with Sophia, I suspect no one here will have any interest in discussing theology with you. Of course, the two of them are more than intelligent enough to speak for themselves, but your perception that there are no theists here is false.
Quote:
As far as GCB, I really don't have much time for him... don't really see the need to respond to his nonsense, Others are doing that quite nicely, in my opinion.
You leave me nothing to say except, God bless you both for responding to this troll so that I don't need to. He is not entertaining, not even a little bit.
ceptimus (04-14-2016), JoeP (04-14-2016), Pan Narrans (04-14-2016), SR71 (04-14-2016), Stormlight (04-14-2016), The Man (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks for, -----

Regards
DL
Old 04-14-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It's OK really, I just wanted to jerk your chain a bit. I know many of my post don't sound like I'm a Theist, but I do believe in God, I just have to rationalize the rest of the Christian/Jewish Mythology. If you really dig deep enough I would say I'm a Lutheran/Buddhist.
Most Buddhists do not have a supernatural aspect to their creed. If I recall correctly, Lutherans do.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Old 04-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB

When it comes to protection of women and children, our fatherly/husband instincts should kick in and men should force women to comply in taking a seat in the lifeboats. If no children are involved then the woman should be allowed her free choice.
Now for some bigotry (For goodness sake let us not call it racism! It would be terrible to confuse our kinds of bigotry! Won't someone please think of the children!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB
The main impetus for the question was the present immigration crisis in the E. U. and the fact that Islam is growing in power and influence all over the free world and if we do not bring it to heel, our women and cultures will lose the equality of the sexes.
Most of what I want to have you here other than what I answer to posts is in these two links.
Are you saying men and children should get the seats in a lifeboat first?

Regards
DL
Old 04-14-2016, 07:58 PM
Porn papers, surrealistic artifacts, kitchen smells, defecated food and sprayed perfume cocktail.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB
Are you saying men and children should get the seats in a lifeboat first?

Regards
DL
Well, dear, Flo taught home ec to junior high school boys and girls for almost fifty years, and I can truthfully say that in a situation like you describe, I am all in favor of adult men and women getting seats in the lifeboats first.

It's only in those rare cases of human-goat intercourse :scapegoat: that Flo makes an exception and says, "Won't someone think of the kids?"

Yours in Christ,
Flo Jellem
:bacteria:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), Crumb (04-15-2016), Sock Puppet (04-14-2016), SR71 (04-14-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-14-2016), Stormlight (04-15-2016), The Man (04-14-2016), thedoc (04-14-2016), Watser? (04-15-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 08:10 PM

Ah. A candidate for the Captain Coward Club. A shame.

Regards
DL
Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

I can say without hesitation that Flo is not a member of the Captain Coward Club. She is, of course, free to join, just like anyone else.

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (04-14-2016), Crumb (04-15-2016), JoeP (04-14-2016), livius drusus (04-14-2016), Sock Puppet (04-14-2016), SR71 (04-14-2016), Stormlight (04-15-2016), The Man (04-14-2016), thedoc (04-14-2016), Watser? (04-15-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
I can say without hesitation that Flo is not a member of the Captain Coward Club. She is, of course, free to join, just like anyone else.
Where do I sign up?
Old 04-14-2016, 11:11 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Most Buddhists do not have a supernatural aspect to their creed. If I recall correctly, Lutherans do.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Granted Buddhists don't stress the supernatural as much as religions do, but it's there, in the form of beliefs about life after death.

Just look up reincarnation, and enlightenment, which are part of Buddhist belief. Both refer to what happens to a Buddhist after death.
The Man (04-14-2016)
Old 04-14-2016, 11:22 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Do you?

Regards
DL
Yes.
Old 04-15-2016, 01:43 AM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Demons aren't supernatural?

Demons and the Demonic in Buddhism - Buddhism - Oxford Bibliographies

Mara (demon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The Devas are, of course, also not supernatural.

Deva (Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Last edited by Angakuk; 04-15-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
I would be proud, though scared and cowering, to accept her as a member.
ChuckF (04-16-2016), Crumb (04-15-2016), JoeP (04-15-2016), Pan Narrans (04-15-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-15-2016), The Man (04-15-2016)
Old 04-15-2016, 03:12 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
If Demons and Devas are not supernatural, then what are they? My understanding is that they are spiritual and not of this Earth.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy