Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 07-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

I figured that our hatred for other laws, events and groups of people was being diluted in the "two minutes hate" thread by all the police brutality stories, so we might as well have a thread that's specifically for police brutality, abuse of power, corruption and such.

Here are the collected links from the Two Minutes Hate thread to start us off:

Maricopa County Sheriff's Office - document theft

AL: deaf and mentally disabled man Tased by cops for being in bathroom too long sues

Mo. cops raid home, kill dog and harass family for small amount of weed (video) AND related: family questions SWAT drug search that led to family dog being shot

Attorney: Video shows police fired into home - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Woman allows police to search her house so long as they don't kill her dog -- Police proceed to kill her dog | Before It's News

Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance

Couple awakened by police raid on the wrong residence at 4 am

Officer accused of tasing a ten-year-old child.

Officer throws eighty-year-old man to the ground and smacks him over the head with a baton after he already turned to walk away.

Police brutalize and shoot man because his wife left the hospital without being discharged

Police beating of pregnant woman who was trying to help neighbour leads to miscarriage

Woman calls cops to report prowler; gets tasered repeatedly on video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMan View Post
Coming soon to a state legislature near you: That handy camera you have might get you more arrested.

Quote:
In response to a flood of Facebook and YouTube videos that depict police abuse, a new trend in law enforcement is gaining popularity. In at least three states, it is now illegal to record any on-duty police officer.

Even if the encounter involves you and may be necessary to your defense, and even if the recording is on a public street where no expectation of privacy exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
Hello, I am here to break your heart.

Case pending in LaGrange dog shooting

The video is not graphically gory or anything, but it's horrifying all the same.

That poor dog threw every calming signal she could at those pigs. She was already restrained, after allowing strangers to chain her up, but she was afraid and trying to run away from the cops jabbing at her aggressively with a catch pole, which there was no reason for.

She sat down, she averted her gaze, she laid down, lowered her ears, turned away, and she even wagged her tail after she'd been shot once; and those doughy, witless little fucks shot her again.

They could have walked up to her, pet her on the head, and led her away if they hadn't been such cruel, incompetent little twits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
I'm far too lazy to type up more write-ups of police brutality when it's already been done for me on another board (login required for view, although it'll also be visible when I update the thread I linked to above to its most recent incarnation). Just be warned: There be links to Reason within. Fortunately as long as they stay away from economic issues they actually come pretty close to living up to their name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin
Recent articles about police abuse, for those interested (feel free to ignore these too, seifer):

Here's an excellent article on "puppycide", which involve cops killing any dog that slightly bothers them, a practice which is appallingly common. Again, there is never any accountability for this abuse (one of the dogs in the first article was chained and quite calm before the cop started bothering it). There's not even any training at most police departments to deal with dogs, whereas the US Postal Service, for instance, has annual dog training.

There are definitely some very good cops. The problem is mob mentality overrides any sense of justice when it's the police officers who do something wrong. This story illustrates that point very clearly. One cop started questioning why another cop was pulled over and tested positive for a BAC above the legal limit... but wasn't cited for it. Take a wild smurfing guess which officer was investigated and fired.

City pays $200k due to a 2007 police shooting. The circumstances in this are just mind-boggling. The home owner comes out to confront what he thinks are drug dealers on his front lawn. They are in fact undercover cops posing as drug dealers who were, if I remember correctly, using his property to plan a deal. The cops killed him, and an eyewitness said the cops shot before the man (did I mention he was 80-years-old?) even pulled his gun. Oh yeah, one of the cops involved has been since fired for being part of a scam.

Atlanta is an especially notorious place ever since the Kathryn Johnston murder (where police shot and killed a 92-year-old woman in a botched drug raid and tried to cover it up). The city is now going to pay $20,000 to a 62-year-old woman who was told to move from the sidewalk where she and her friend were talking about a funeral, and then was arrested for asking the inexcusable question of "why?" Of course the department concedes to no wrong-doing, and even emphasizes that the cop acted just fine. This quote is just amazing:

Quote:
"Those [national] guidelines are based on a set of proven standards that take into account the difficult situations police officers face every day, and the split-second decisions they must make to protect citizens and reduce their own personal risk,” APD public affairs director Carlos Campos said in an e-mail.
Which just obviously relates to walking up to two old ladies talking calmly in a sidewalk. Obviously a split-second decision had to be made!
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-15-2010), BrotherMan (07-15-2010), Caligulette (07-16-2010), Gonzo (07-15-2010), JoeP (07-15-2010), LadyShea (07-15-2010), lisarea (07-15-2010), mickthinks (09-17-2010), Naru (07-16-2010), Nullifidian (07-15-2010), Sophia (01-25-2011), Stephen Maturin (07-16-2010), Stormlight (07-16-2010), The Man (07-17-2010)
Old 07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
you're next

Default Re: Official "FUCK THA POLICE" thread

Police State Canada | Global Research TV
The Man (07-17-2010)
Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
curses (07-16-2010), Stormlight (07-16-2010)
Old 07-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Coffin Creep

I saw that live.
Gonzo (07-16-2010)
Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 AM
A fellow sophisticate

This is like shooting bluefish in an oil drum.

Tulsa cop, former ATF agent, framed countless innocent people for drug crimes, cops plea bargain in exchange for turning on other dirty cops.
__________________________________________________ _

Cop convicted of shooting motorcyclist in the back during traffic stop.

Charges dropped against cop who pulled gun on urinating man.

Washoe County Nevada Sheriff's deputy was arrested after threatening a Gerlach High School student...... on campus...... in class........ in front of the teacher and classmates. He was off duty at the time.

Detectives get dangerous criminal bikini baristas off the streets of Everett, Washington.

Cop pissed at business, points his "weapon" at female bystanders, partner gets all gun-pointy at man who calls him on it.

Cop is serial sex criminal, using traffic stops to sexually assault women.

Cop has brother buy cocaine to replace missing cocaine evidence he says he "spilled something on".

Three Grand Junction cops fired for slashing tents and bicycle tires in hobo camp.
Gonzo (07-16-2010), lisarea (07-16-2010), Nullifidian (07-16-2010), Stephen Maturin (07-16-2010), The Man (07-17-2010), Watser? (07-16-2010)
Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 AM
lumpy proletariat

Five cops finally charged with killing unarmed civilians on a bridge in New Orleans after Katrina. Already one of the lawyers is pleading "you gotta understand the breakdown of law and order at the time" - YEAH, well, I think I have pinpointed the SOURCE OF THE TROUBLE!!
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-16-2010), Dingfod (07-17-2010), lisarea (07-16-2010), Naru (07-17-2010), Nullifidian (07-16-2010), Stephen Maturin (07-16-2010), Stormlight (07-17-2010), The Man (07-17-2010), Watser? (07-16-2010)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Quote:
Detectives get dangerous criminal bikini baristas off the streets of Everett, Washington.
:lol: real life bikini bandits

:thanked:
Old 07-17-2010, 05:04 AM
What would Hüsker Dü?

Even more:

Cops Gone Wild

Nov. 30, 2005: Michael Joseph "Mike" Pechawer, with 20 years as a Biloxi police officer, was arrested for accepting bribes to refer detainees to an employee of A-1 Bonding Co. Pechawer pleaded guilty in July and received a five-year suspended sentence with three years of probation.

An old midnight shift corporal who will always be remembered more for what he failed to do.

June 2, 2005: Darrell D. Cvitanovich Jr., a Biloxi K-9 officer with 14 years on the job, was arrested at work while undercover officers seized 11 Ecstasy tablets and methamphetamine residue from his home. Investigators said they believe he also sold drugs from his patrol car. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced in October to a 15-year sentence, with 10 years suspended and five to serve.

Son of the Biloxi Chief of Police who started off well and then fell.

Feb. 12, 2000 : Mark Hatfield, a Gulfport DUI officer, was off duty and drunk when he drove off the road and struck a New Orleans police cruiser, seriously injuring two officers. He was barred from police work and received a 5-year suspended sentence, three years' probation and was ordered to pay $5,000 to each of the injured officers.

Hat succumbed to the voodoo of the Big Easy, not the last to do so, unfortunately.

Some additional cases that y'all might find of interest:

Tom Pustay

Mike Chauvin

Steve Futral

Ronald Roach

Worst recent case of all (in my view):

Ryan Teel

And, while not a police officer, an entrusted public servant:

Bill Atchison

“Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.” - Emerson

Some of us find ways to keep busy in the lonely vacuum of space by doing what is necessary, not because the job will ever be appreciated by anyone in the grand scheme of things or to measure the scales of justice...but because it is the right thing to do.

~ Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (07-22-2010), LadyShea (07-30-2010), Nullifidian (07-20-2010), The Man (07-17-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 05:09 AM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Here's a long, detailed article on the case of Cory Maye, a father who, upon having his apartment broken into without warning, fired three shots. One of them hit a police officer and he was placed on death row for awhile. Maye claims he had no idea they were police until after he fired the shots. Fortunately, he's been taken off death row and granted a new trial due to the incompetence of the defence and some shady tactics by the prosecution.

Ryan Frederick is another similar case; as with Maye, this resulted from a "confidential informant" who claimed Frederick had marijuana. In both cases, only enough for a misdemeanour charge was discovered, and in both cases a police officer (who, in this case, was dressed entirely in black) wound up dead because of the police's refusal to knock and announce themselves before conducting a raid. It's worth noting that these "confidential informants" are given substantial incentives to give people to hand over to the cops.

In another, possibly even more infuriating case, a surveillance video of a police shooting is claimed to have suffered from a "technical problem" and has not been viewed or release. The 911 tapes have also mysteriously gone missing, and eyewitness accounts completely contradict the official police story.

Reading these cases has me livid with rage. The entire system is corrupt and needs to be completely overhauled.

Edit: This map of botched drug raids from the Cato site is a sobering thing to look at.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe

Last edited by The Man; 07-19-2010 at 05:29 AM.
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (07-20-2010)
Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM

also, obligatory:

[MC Ren as Court Officer]
Right about now, N.W.A. court is in full effect
Judge Dre presiding
In the case of N.W.A. vs. the Police Department;
prosecuting attorneys are: MC Ren, Ice Cube,
and Eazy-motherfuckin-E

[Dr. Dre as The Judge]
Order, order, order
Ice Cube, take the motherfuckin stand
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
and nothin but the truth so help your black ass?

[Ice Cube as Witness]
You god damn right!

[Dr. Dre]
Well won't you tell everybody what the fuck you gotta say?

[Ice Cube]
Fuck the police comin straight from the underground
A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
they have the authority to kill a minority
Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one
for a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
to be beatin on, and thrown in jail
We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell
Fuckin with me cause I'm a teenager
with a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics
You'd rather see, me in the pen
than me and Lorenzo rollin in a Benz-o
Beat a police out of shape
and when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still gettin swoll off bread and water
I don't know if they fags or what
Search a nigga down, and grabbin his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop
Ice Cube will swarm
on ANY motherfucker in a blue uniform
Just cause I'm from, the CPT
Punk police are afraid of me!
HUH, a young nigga on the warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
of cops, dyin in L.A.
Yo Dre, I got somethin to say

{*"Fuck the police" -> cut and scratched 4X*}

Example of scene one

[Cop] Pull your god damn ass over right now
[NWA] Aww shit, now what the fuck you pullin me over for?
[Cop] Cause I feel like it!
Just sit your ass on the curb and shut the fuck up
[NWA] Man, fuck this shit
[Cop] Aight smartass, I'm takin your black ass to jail!

[Dr. Dre]
MC Ren, will you please give your testimony
to the jury about this fucked up incident?

[MC Ren]
Fuck the police and Ren said it with authority
because the niggaz on the street is a majority
A gang, is with whoever I'm steppin
and the motherfuckin weapon is kept in
a stash box, for the so-called law
Wishin Ren was a nigga that they never saw
Lights start flashin behind me
But they're scared of a nigga so they mace me to blind me
But that shit don't work, I just laugh
because it gives em a hint, not to step in my path
For police, I'm sayin, "Fuck you punk!"
Readin my rights and shit, it's all junk
Pullin out a silly club, so you stand
with a fake-assed badge and a gun in your hand
But take off the gun so you can see what's up
And we'll go at it punk, and I'ma fuck you up!
Make you think I'ma kick your ass
but drop your gat, and Ren's gonna blast
I'm sneaky as fuck when it comes to crime
But I'ma smoke 'em now and not next time
Smoke any motherfucker that sweats me
or any asshole, that threatens me
I'm a sniper with a hell of a scope
Takin out a cop or two, they can't cope with me
The motherfuckin villian that's mad
With potential, to get bad as fuck
So I'ma turn it around
Put in my clip, yo, and this is the sound
{*BOOM, BOOM*} Yeah, somethin like that
but it all depends on the size of the gat
Takin out a police, would make my day
But a nigga like Ren don't give a fuck to say

[Cop] {*knocking on the door*}
[NWA] Yeah man, what you need?
[Cop] Police, open now
[NWA] Aww shit
[Cop] We have a warrant for Eazy-E's arrest
[Cop] Get down and put your hands up where I can see 'em
(Move motherfucker, move now!)
[NWA] What the fuck did I do, man what did I do?
[Cop] Just shut the fuck up
and get your motherfuckin ass on the floor
(You heard the man, shut the fuck up!)
[NWA] But I didn't do shit
[Cop] Man just shut the fuck up!

[Dr. Dre]
Eazy-E, won't you step up to the stand
and tell the jury how you feel about this bullshit?

[Eazy-E]
I'm tired of the motherfuckin jackin
Sweatin my gang, while I'm chillin in the shack, and
shinin the light in my face, and for what?
Maybe it's because I kick so much butt
I kick ass -- or maybe cause I blast
on a stupid-assed nigga when I'm playin with the trigger
of any Uzi or an AK
Cause the police always got somethin stupid to say
They put out my picture with silence
Cause my identity by itself causes violence
The E with the criminal behavior
Yeah, I'm a gangsta, but still I got flavor
Without a gun and a badge, what do ya got?
A sucker in a uniform waitin to get shot
by me, or another nigga
And with a gat it don't matter if he's smaller or bigger
(MC Ren: Size ain't shit, he's from the old school fool)
And as you all know, E's here to rule
Whenever I'm rollin, keep lookin in the mirror
And ears on cue, yo, so I can hear a
dumb motherfucker with a gun
And if I'm rollin off the 8, he'll be the one
that I take out, and then get away
While I'm drivin off laughin this is what I'll say

The verdict

[Dre] The jury has found you guilty of bein a redneck,
white bread, chickenshit motherfucker
[Cop] But wait, that's a lie! That's a god damn lie!
[Dre] Get him out of here!
[Cop] I want justice!
[Dre] Get him the fuck out my face!
[Cop] I want justice!
[Dre] Out, RIGHT NOW!
[Cop] FUCK YOU, YOU BLACK MOTHER-FUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRS!

Fuck the police! (repeat 3X)

and while we're at it:

Ah yeah, here we go again!
Damn! This is some funky shit that I be laying down on your ass.
This one goes out to all my homeys working in the field of
evolutionary science.
Check it!

Fuck the damn creationists, those bunch of dumb-ass bitches,
every time I think of them my trigger finger itches.
They want to have their bullshit, taught in public class,
Stephen J. Gould should put his foot right up their ass.
Noah and his ark, Adam and his Eve,
straight up fairy stories even children don't believe.
I'm not saying there's no god, that's not for me to say,
all I'm saying is the Earth was not made in a day.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck the Creationists.

Break it down.
Ah damn, this is a funky jam!
I'm about ready to kick this bitch back in.
Check it.

Fuck the damn creationists I say it with authority,
because kicking their punk asses be me paramount priority.
Them wack-ass bitches say, "evolution's just a theory",
they best step off, them brainless fools, I'll give them cause to fear me.
The cosmos is expanding every second, every day,
but their minds are shrinking as they close their eyes and pray.
They call their bullshit science like the word could give them cred,
if them bitches be scientists then cap me in the head.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck the Creationists.

Bass!
Bring that shit in!
Ah yeah, that's right, fuck them all motherfuckers.
Fucking punk ass creationists trying to set scientific thought back 400 years.
Fuck that!
If them superstitious motherfuckers want to have that kind of party,
I'm going to put my dick in the mashed potatoes.
Fucking creationists.
Fuck them.
Close

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
A law school professor and former criminal defense attorney tells you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.

Thanks, from:
Naru (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:22 AM
lumpy proletariat

Oh, but hey - it's not just here:
Jean Charles De Menezes - shot by UK police 2005 - yeah, and - they never identified themselves AS police, leading other passengers on the train to think *they* were terrorists when they suddenly jumped Jean Charles - after having followed him for blocks and blocks as he was on his way to work.
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (07-20-2010), The Man (07-20-2010)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:27 AM
lumpy proletariat

And also:
Rigoberto Alpizar - 2005 shot by the TSA

And then the passengers were all detained for hours for questioning - ODDLY (!), none of them saw the weapon or threatening behaviour the agents claimed Mr Alpizar displayed before they shot him several times after he got off the plane. Funny, that. Hilarious, even.

Quote:
Asked on CNN television news whether the marshals shouldn’t be able to distinguish someone suffering from mental illness from a terrorist—as many of Alpizar’s fellow passengers did— [Congressman] Mica replied contemptuously, “Air marshals don’t have time for counseling.”
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (07-20-2010), Stormlight (07-20-2010), The Man (07-20-2010), Watser? (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 05:17 AM

Behold the case of Sal Culosi. Culosi was a middle-aged optometrist who liked to place $100 bets on football games with his friends. A local detective decided that Culosi was a dangerous evildoer who needed to be stopped, so he gradually wormed himself into Culosi's circle and convinced him to up the amount of the bets until he bet $2,000, the minimum required for a violation of the law. This was, of course, textbook entrapment, and almost certainly wouldn't have survived in court due to entrapment being an absolute defence in United States court.

Unfortunately, the story doesn't stop there. This is, of course, the "FUCK THA POLICE" thread. The detective decided that Culosi was a dangerous criminal mastermind who could only be dealt with by an unannounced SWAT team raid on Culosi's home. I'm sure you've already figured out that during the raid one of the officers' "finger slipped," firing a bullet that killed Culosi incidentally. An article on Faux News of all places actually sums up the events that followed rather nicely:
Quote:
Over the next few months, as Culosi's death made news and raised outrage in the Washington, D.C. area, Detective Baucom stubbornly continued his investigation, to the point of calling friends and acquaintances he'd gathered from the dead man's cell phone.

He even called Culosi's grieving brother-in-law, menacingly inquiring,"How much are you into Sal, for?" The brother-in-law would later tell the Washington Post that the call smacked of witness intimidation, given the family's inevitable lawsuit against the city and the police department.
The officer who killed Culosi has never been charged with a crime, despite the fact that the mere act of placing his finger on the trigger of a gun was in direct violation of D.C. police procedural policy. Astoundingly, the county prosecutor has never charged a single officer with a crime during his entire thirty-nine-year career.

Thanks, from:
Caligulette (07-22-2010), Crumb (07-21-2010), Doctor X (07-21-2010), erimir (07-21-2010), Naru (07-21-2010), Nullifidian (07-23-2010), Stormlight (07-21-2010), Watser? (07-21-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 03:31 AM
lumpy proletariat

Pfft - DC. I know I have posted this before, but while I lived there, the police were so dispirited about not making their Solved Murders Quota that the uppers were concerned about the low morale. The solution, of course, was to lower the quota....
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (07-23-2010), The Man (07-22-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Solipsist

Lack of imagination. The better solution would be to commit a range of murders and solve them.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-27-2010), Caligulette (07-23-2010), Ensign Steve (07-22-2010), Nullifidian (07-23-2010), The Man (07-22-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 AM

A man described as being a gentle family man has been shot to death by police investigating a sexual complaint. There's no indication the man who was killed was even the cause of the complaint, and even if he were, a non-violent crime like that is certainly no excuse for shooting him to death. Furthermore, it occurred at 6pm, so there's no way it could have been too dark to see.

Quote:
Essex County authorities said Gaymon was apparently unarmed when he was shot once in the chest by the undercover detective, who has not been named, at 6 p.m. He died around 9 p.m at University Hospital in Newark.

Gaymon, who everyone called "Dean," returned to New Jersey because he was the organizer of his high school's 30-year reunion, which took place Friday night.

It was the third law-enforcement related shooting in Newark in a week and the fifth in the past month.

The prosecutor’s office is investigating and has so far only said that the officer encountered Gaymon when he was dispatched to the scene after complaints about sexual activity in public. Authorities are not saying what precipitated the shooting and Gaymon did not appear to be armed.

The undercover sheriff's detective has not yet provided a full statement to investigators.
Another man has been assaulted after finding his son dead of a suicide. The victim claims to have told police simply not to touch them, which resulted in officers proceeding to hold him down and punch him in the face repeatedly and for a prolonged period of time, after which he was arrested.

Thanks, from:
Caligulette (07-23-2010), Nullifidian (07-23-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 10:58 AM

"Let that be a lesson to you, Citizen. Democracy's not for the people!"

--J.D.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Isn't this the :ff: infamous case of "postmodern" "LoLLery"?
Quote:
The British police officer who was filmed pushing a forty-seven-year-old news vendor to the ground last year in London’s G20 protests will face no charges over the man’s death. Ian Tomlinson was attacked by the police on his way home from work; he had not been taking part in the protests. He died minutes after his contact with London’s Metropolitan Police force. Police initially told Tomlinson’s wife and nine children that Tomlinson died of a heart attack, without mentioning the police beating.
Thanks, from:
Adam (07-27-2010), Caligulette (07-23-2010), erimir (07-26-2010), Nullifidian (07-23-2010), The Man (07-24-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 07:22 AM
A fellow sophisticate

&feature=sub&videos=M5Wp_laRJP8
lisarea (07-24-2010), Nullifidian (07-24-2010), The Man (07-24-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 AM

derp I came here to post that video and completely forgot that you'd already posted it.

I do have the death of Carlo Giuliani to report on though, although it's not exactly news.

Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (07-24-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:38 PM

The death of Carlo Giuliani inspired this very loose English language translation/adaptation of Bella Ciao by Chumbawamba.

Though Giuliani died during the G8 protests in Genoa in 2001, the video is made of clips from protests of the WTO.

And here's my favorite version in the original language:

Thanks, from:
livius drusus (07-24-2010), The Man (07-25-2010)
Old 07-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Fishy mokey

I have this version:

livius drusus (07-24-2010), Nullifidian (07-24-2010), The Man (07-25-2010)
Old 07-25-2010, 12:46 AM

There's no way use of this won't end in in tears. As a friend of mine on another forum wrote:
Quote:
We are all going to die. The Police are likely to be getting their hands on a new way to harass and torture citizens without leaving any evidence (not that the police have proven to be TOO worried about leaving marks... or gunshot wounds)...

The cops will be armed with MOTHERFUCKING LASERS with a reach of 2.5 miles.

This sounds like its from Austin Powers, and the cops are the sharks with laser beams on their freakin' heads. Do you know how easily this LASER can be abused? As Cop Block already pointed out it is "a device that will allow them to blind their wives’ lovers as they drive along at high speeds, killing the sanchos without leaving a trace of evidence." And I'm pretty mad at them for giving them ideas.

And of course, this device will only be available to police officers. Private citizens-- the second-class citizen-- will not be able to own this device (as Thomas Jefferson once said, tyranny is when something that is illegal for the individual is legal for the State). So this will only be used by the police... and criminals. But thats redundant-- I meant criminals who get it on the black market.

Thanks, from:
Caligulette (07-25-2010), LadyShea (07-25-2010), lisarea (07-25-2010)
Old 07-25-2010, 12:51 AM
lumpy proletariat

Cold comfort, but according to the link, 1.5 miles away, not 2.5. Still - "without causing eye damage" is about as believable as "non-lethal" when applied to tasers.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium