Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Sexuality

Old 05-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Admin

Default Re: www.beautifulpeople.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth
Your story was kinda sweet.
Thanks. :) I'm really a better storyteller than that, I could probably write pages more about that single event 'cause it really was a fairly profound experience for me to challenge my innate inclination to be mas macho in that way. I just don't have the patience for it in this medium and at this point in my life, I guess. :sigh:
Old 05-30-2005, 06:47 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseIBe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostateAbe
If it gets the stamp of approval from viscousmemories, then it obviously can't be a bad idea. I'll get a digital photo of myself taken and send it in after June 1st, when it launches in the United States. I figure I have about a 75% chance of making it in.

My greatest concern is the potential for excessive internal competition. Mensa reportedly has that detriment.

Actually, you have a one in fifteen chance of making it in .. didn't you read the stats? Presumably people don't apply unless they think they have a much better chance of making it in than in reality they do.
Yeah, but think about all the Dawn Frenches who send in their pictures.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:50 PM
poster over sea and land

Quote:
Abe, just curious, but what do you look like? Are you, yourself, babe-worthy? Do you think you would be accepted into this site?

Last edited by Beth; 05-30-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:14 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Quote:
Abe, just curious, but what do you look like? Are you yourself babe-worthy? Do you think you would be accepted into this site?
I give myself a 75% chance. I certainly have the looks of being babe-worthy. I am physically active in the gym and in a martial arts school. I have large arms, shoulders, pecs and abs, which are cut to the skin. I have long hair, a fuzzy chin, and tan skin from working out in the sun, which gives me a Braveheart kind of look. I have great teeth. I have some mild acne on my face which may be a problem. My clothing wardrobe is indifferent to style and fashion, and that may be a problem.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:16 PM
poster over sea and land

Why doncha post your pic and we'll rate you.;)
Old 05-30-2005, 07:24 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Why doncha post your pic and we'll rate you.;)
I'd love to, Beth. At the time, all I have is a crappy $20 digital camera that needs batteries. But I'll drop by my parents' place today and pose for a few shots with their camera.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:30 PM
poster over sea and land

Hehe. Okie dokie. :)
Old 05-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Solipsist

Quote:
Dawn French is hot.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 05-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Solipsist

Abe, Abe. Are you messing with us here?
Quote:
a fuzzy chin
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be ready to start shaving soon.
[Add rofl smilies to taste]
Quote:
some mild acne
That'll go away in time too.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Wow, Abe, I'm so jealous. Look at this:

Quote:
I am physically active in the gym and in a martial arts school.
I walk to campus every day and back again!

Quote:
I have large arms, shoulders, pecs and abs, which are cut to the skin.
I'm short with small shoulders and no 'pecs' or 'abs'. But, unlike in previous years, you can no longer see my ribs when I take my shirt off!

Quote:
I have long hair...
I have short hair that is far too long, and needs a haircut. If it wasn't so untidy and curly at the ends, it would probably impair my vision. It's probably not something which makes me look particularly attractive.

Quote:
...a fuzzy chin...
Me too! But this is because I haven't shaved in days. I begin to look homeless around this point.

Quote:
...and tan skin from working out in the sun, which gives me a Braveheart kind of look.
I'm white for a limey, and that's saying something. I'm going for the 'crazy science student' kinda look.

Quote:
I have great teeth.
Again, something in common.

Quote:
I have some mild acne on my face which may be a problem.
Alas, ditto.

Quote:
My clothing wardrobe is indifferent to style and fashion, and that may be a problem.
I'd love to say I at least dressed better than you, but...

Well, anyway. I'm green with envy, Abe, but not green enough to take up going to the gym or getting a tan.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:18 AM
good old boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP
Quote:
Dawn French is hot.
No, she isn't hot, unless you mean literally. She must have enough insulation to swim across the Bering Straight naked.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:24 AM
good old boy

Here are three images of myself, as requested:

Old 05-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Dearly Departed...

I agree many of these "beautiful" people are simply insecure. Basically, their very compulsion to measure their status against others is what feeds their insecurities. It's more often, than not, a vicious circle with each comparison diminishing their potential to become intrinsically stronger and more stable in their own right-- for who, not what, they are.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:29 AM
good old boy

I think the word "insecure" is too often abused. "Insecure" is defined as "lacking self-confidence or assurance," and yet I see the term directed at people who display self-confidence and have good reason for their pride. We all want to measure up well in comparison to others. We all want to be seen as superior. Only a small segment of society has that gift. Everyone else can't hack it either because they are too lazy or unlucky, so they have a tendency to put down those who are superior. "Oh, that nice car is an attempted compensation for the small dick," or "they compete because they are just insecure about themselves." It seems to me that the word is used out of wishful thinking. The mediocre losers and chumps believe the talented, beautiful, intelligent, powerful, rich, famous and successful people to be insecure, there is nothing that can be done to disprove it, and it makes the mediocre losers and chumps feel better.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:24 AM
Dearly Departed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
I think the word "insecure" is too often abused. "Insecure" is defined as "lacking self-confidence or assurance," and yet I see the term directed at people who display self-confidence and have good reason for their pride.
Yes, I would tend to agree with that statement, however, here I refer mainly to people who most definitely lack self-confidence and assurance. Why else would they undergo this psychology with a knife, and all the other excruciatingly painful and time consuming processes and procedures for beauty enhancement?

Personally, I find true self-confidence very attractive in a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
We all want to measure up well in comparison to others. We all want to be seen as superior. Only a small segment of society has that gift.

Everyone else can't hack it either because they are too lazy or unlucky, so they have a tendency to put down those who are superior. "Oh, that nice car is an attempted compensation for the small dick," or "they compete because they are just insecure about themselves." It seems to me that the word is used out of wishful thinking.
I don't consider myself 'beautiful'. My significant other half tells me all the time that I'm beautiful. Is he wrong?

I was lucky enough to be born in a country where primary and secondary learning is free, and I was fortunate enough to have the means to support myself through higher education. I'm very aware that not everyone has that luck and advantage. Yes, I'm educated, but I learnt earlier in my schooling that not all educated people are intelligent and not all intelligent people are educated--the two are not alway synonymous.

I believe my higher education does give me certain advantages in certain situations, however, I don't, for one moment, believe it makes me 'superior'. I would be an educated fool if I did, and I'm not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
The mediocre losers and chumps believe the talented, beautiful, intelligent, powerful, rich, famous and successful people to be insecure, there is nothing that can be done to disprove it, and it makes the mediocre losers and chumps feel better.
You're absolutely right, I can't disprove it—I simply don't qualify as a "mediocre loser" or "chump", so of course it's utterly impossible for me to understand what makes them "feel better". Oh, but since you do, thank you for enlightening us all, Abe.

Last edited by Alex Bragi; 05-31-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:25 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Bragi
You're absolutely right, I can't disprove it—I simply don't qualify as a "mediocre loser" or "chump", so of course it's utterly impossible for me to understand what makes them "feel better". Oh, but since you do, thank you for enlightening us all, Abe.
You don't have to qualify as a mediocre loser or chump to understand why the act of putting down people up higher makes those down lower feel better. The competitive mentaliy is a fundamental of human nature. We feel good when we are seen as superior to other human beings. There is no escaping that. When you call people "insecure" who show excessive amounts of a commonly-accepted characteristic of superiority (beauty), and you know little about their thoughts or feelings, my conclusion is that you are simply taking part in the competition.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
poster over sea and land

Abe, I was joking about the rating thing, I really did not expect you to post your pics. But they give me a better image of who you are. You look very young, younger than 21.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
poster over sea and land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Bragi
I believe my higher education does give me certain advantages in certain situations, however, I don't, for one moment, believe it makes me 'superior'. I would be an educated fool if I did, and I'm not.
You make an excellent point. I honestly find it laughable when people who are beautiful or people who just have an inflated ego think they are superior simply because of looks- same goes for class, income, education, etc.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Abe, I was joking about the rating thing, I really did not expect you to post your pics. But they give me a better image of who you are. You look very young, younger than 21.
I'm not sure if that look of youth is a good thing or a bad thing, but it's true. I'll submit #2 to beautifulpeople.net, but I'm lowering my chances down to 25%. I have been told repeatedly that my torso is too white, and I need a tan. Yep. It contrasts too much with my arms and face.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
poster over sea and land

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dawn French is hot.
No, she isn't hot, unless you mean literally. She must have enough insulation to swim across the Bering Straight naked.
Dawn French is overweight. I generally am not attracted to really overweight people, but I find her to be very sexy. If I were single and she swung my way...:P No seriously, I do think she is sexy and has a sexual heat to her. That is my opinion and Joe's, you have yours. Your opinion is not in any way more true than ours.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dawn French is hot.
Dawn French is overweight. I generally am not attracted to really overweight people, but I find her to be very sexy. If I were single and she swung my way...:P No seriously, I do think she is sexy and has a sexual heat to her. That is my opinion and Joe's, you have yours. Your opinion is not in any way more true than ours.
Alright, fine, you win, she's hot. Now let's stop talking about Dawn French so I can get the image out of my head.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:33 PM
poster over sea and land

Well, this site is much fun for a friend and I. We are having a lot of fun rating the peeps. We have decided that the "most popular" members are probably models paid to pose for the site. And we are having fun making speculations about a pic showing two heads.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:34 PM
good old boy

Quote:
Well, this site is much fun for a friend and I. We are having a lot of fun rating the peeps. We have decided that the "most popular" members are probably models paid to pose for the site. And we are having fun making speculations about a pic showing two heads.
The current network is limited to the UK and Norway, and they seem to have regular meeties and parties. The "most popular" ones you described would have to avoid such meetings. According to Yahoo! UK & Ireland, "(But be warned, authenticity checks are carried out to ensure applicants really do look as good as they say they do.)" I figure authenticity would be on every legitimate member's mind.

By the way, what did your friend think of my pics?
Old 06-01-2005, 02:32 AM
poster over sea and land

Quote:
I didn't show the pics to anyone, sorry. We were just making fun of the concept of the site.

Last edited by Beth; 06-01-2005 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:36 AM
good old boy

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't show the pics to anyone, sorry. We were just making fun of the concept of the site.
That's too bad. If your friend is familiar with me and what I said, then show the pics to your friend and pay attention to her immediate reaction.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Sexuality