Old 07-20-2018, 08:10 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Default Re: Good King Trump

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Sock Puppet (07-20-2018), Stephen Maturin (07-20-2018), The Man (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 06:35 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

Alexa, order all the popcorn.

Friday News Dump the First: Michael Cohen’s Tapes of Conversations with the President About Karen McDougal – Balloon Juice

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-20-2018), BrotherMan (07-21-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-20-2018), lisarea (07-20-2018), Stephen Maturin (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Flyover Hillbilly

Quote:
David J. Pecker
:snicker:

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-21-2018), lisarea (07-20-2018), The Man (07-20-2018), Zehava (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Ari (07-20-2018), BrotherMan (07-21-2018), lisarea (07-20-2018), One for Sorrow (07-21-2018), Pan Narrans (07-20-2018), Sock Puppet (07-20-2018), Stephen Maturin (07-20-2018), The Man (07-20-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 01:32 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Why Russia Will Help the Democrats Next - POLITICO Magazine

Short version: to create gridlock.

Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 04:24 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

So, what have we seen recently? Not necessarily in chronological order:
  • Trump threatened Ecuador for no reason that seems to make a lick of sense -- other than that he fears what might happen if Julian Assange is extradited to the U.S. and testifies regarding the 2016 election.
  • Trump held a 2-hour, closed-door meeting with Putin.
  • Trump, upon being asked about the U.S.'s biggest foe replied that it was -- the European Union.
  • Trump publicly declared that he trusted Putin's assurance that Russia hadn't meddled in the 2016 election over the unanimous conclusions of the U.S. security agencies.
  • Upon receiving lots of backlash against that statement, even from Republicans, he reversed the claim.
  • Then he reiterated that no, he wasn't convinced that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election.
  • Putin, when directly asked if he had wanted Trump to win the 2016 election, and if he'd helped arrange that outcome, answered "Yes" to the first part and pointedly refused to answer the second part.
  • Trump has been going out of his way recently to belittle and antagonize our allies and NATO in particular, while fawning over Putin.

Even if Trump didn't personally collude with Russia, and even if he didn't tacitly approve of collusion between members of his election team and Russia, it seems all but impossible to deny that the Russians clearly have something on Trump. Trump has all but openly declared himself to be Putin's lap dog.

Not that this seems to matter to his supporters. In the past week or so, I've seen several variations on the theme of "So what if Trump colluded with Russia? If he did, then good on Putin for saving us from a Hillary Clinton presidency!".

Ugh.
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-21-2018), BrotherMan (07-21-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-21-2018), Limoncello (07-21-2018), lisarea (07-21-2018), One for Sorrow (07-21-2018), SR71 (07-22-2018), The Man (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 05:22 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

When you do business with Russian big businesses, you're doing business with the mob, and the Kremlin. They're all intertwined. In Putin's gig in St Petersburg early in his political career he was in charge of basically moving supply around, and in doing so he had to deal with the various mafia outfits, not a thing for the faint of heart. The chances that Putin doesn't have epic piles of financial incrimination document just ready to dump into the open wilds if needed is as you say, basically zero.

Thanks, from:
Ari (07-21-2018), But (07-21-2018), The Lone Ranger (07-21-2018), The Man (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 05:28 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Not that this seems to matter to his supporters. In the past week or so, I've seen several variations on the theme of "So what if Trump colluded with Russia? If he did, then good on Putin for saving us from a Hillary Clinton presidency!".

Ugh.
And no less perplexing are the chorus of "He's doing what a President should do(!), which is either a) make nice in public with foreign powers and or b) be diplomatic with adversarial heads of state.
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (07-21-2018), The Man (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 09:45 AM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Let's assume that Assange is extradited to the U.S. Then what?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he were to be assassinated. Seriously, does anyone think that Trump would hesitate for even an instant to have somebody whacked, assuming he thought he could get away with it?
Thanks, from:
The Man (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:42 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

If Assange was assassinated it would almost certainly be by Russia as I don't think Trump has the capacity to organize an assassination that isn't a fake hitman wearing a wire. If anything he will state in one of his rallies that it sure would be nice if he didn't make it here. Similar to his on stage demand for Russia to hack the election. Assange wont be killed by russia since he's knowingly or not a russian asset and is better as the asshole distraction he is.

Of course Russia has stuff on him, but let's not forget how Trump works and that Trump also sees Putin as another big dog. Putin is everything Trump wants to be and just like he praised Kim, part of this is just Trump fawning over himself er I mean Putin because of how badass Trump, er I mean Putin is. I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind Trump has shifted some of Putin's actions onto himself and convinced himself they were his actions all along.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-21-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-21-2018), Sock Puppet (07-21-2018), The Lone Ranger (07-21-2018), The Man (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-22-2018), lisarea (07-21-2018), slimshady2357 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Stoic Derelict... The cup is empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
So, what have we seen recently? Not necessarily in chronological order:
  • Trump threatened Ecuador for no reason that seems to make a lick of sense -- other than that he fears what might happen if Julian Assange is extradited to the U.S. and testifies regarding the 2016 election.
  • Trump held a 2-hour, closed-door meeting with Putin.
  • Trump, upon being asked about the U.S.'s biggest foe replied that it was -- the European Union.
  • Trump publicly declared that he trusted Putin's assurance that Russia hadn't meddled in the 2016 election over the unanimous conclusions of the U.S. security agencies.
  • Upon receiving lots of backlash against that statement, even from Republicans, he reversed the claim.
  • Then he reiterated that no, he wasn't convinced that Russia had interfered in the 2016 election.
  • Putin, when directly asked if he had wanted Trump to win the 2016 election, and if he'd helped arrange that outcome, answered "Yes" to the first part and pointedly refused to answer the second part.
  • Trump has been going out of his way recently to belittle and antagonize our allies and NATO in particular, while fawning over Putin.

Even if Trump didn't personally collude with Russia, and even if he didn't tacitly approve of collusion between members of his election team and Russia, it seems all but impossible to deny that the Russians clearly have something on Trump. Trump has all but openly declared himself to be Putin's lap dog.

Ugh.
I've been thinking of writing my Republican Congressman and asking him if he's okay with all this, but really, would it accomplish anything? I haven't heard a peep from him on the subject. I'll just cast my vote. He's up this year.
The Lone Ranger (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 02:14 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

In private, Trump vents frustration over lack of progress on North Korea - The Washington Post

They're deliberately fucking with him at this point.

Thanks, from:
lisarea (07-22-2018), The Lone Ranger (07-22-2018), The Man (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 02:59 AM
Captain #EmbraceTheImpossible

It was all a publicity stunt for Kim Jong Un. He got to meet with the so-called leader of the free world as an equal. That lends legitimacy to his regime and makes him a player in world politics (at least in his eyes to to the people of North Korea).

That is all Kim Jong Un wanted from this meeting.
Corona688 (07-31-2018), godfry n. glad (07-22-2018), JoeP (07-22-2018), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-22-2018), lisarea (07-22-2018), The Lone Ranger (07-22-2018), The Man (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Carter Page FISA analysis:
Thread by @HoarseWisperer: "Okay, well, that didn't take long. The Carter Page FISA warrant doc is just over 400 pages long and it is a total tofu sandwich. No tasty me […]"

Thanks, from:
The Man (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Solipsist

'Nothing short of treason': US voters on the Trump-Putin summit | US news | The Guardian

Some seem sane.

Some ...

Quote:
“I think it was a great job on Trump’s part. The fear-mongering on Russia has reached a ridiculous level in the US and would not be possible if the American public were more educated and aware when it came to history, world events and foreign policy. We meddle in elections, too, and have actually overthrown many governments outright. The only reason to vilify Russia is to energize the military-industrial complex and for impractical liberal and pro-LGBT ideology that most Americans don’t buy into. It’s very important to have a good relationship with Russia because they they are a Christian nation and can serve as a counterweight to the nihilist secularism in the west.”

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (07-22-2018), The Man (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
'Nothing short of treason': US voters on the Trump-Putin summit | US news | The Guardian

Some seem sane.

Some ...

Quote:
“I think it was a great job on Trump’s part. The fear-mongering on Russia has reached a ridiculous level in the US and would not be possible if the American public were more educated and aware when it came to history, world events and foreign policy. We meddle in elections, too, and have actually overthrown many governments outright. The only reason to vilify Russia is to energize the military-industrial complex and for impractical liberal and pro-LGBT ideology that most Americans don’t buy into. It’s very important to have a good relationship with Russia because they they are a Christian nation and can serve as a counterweight to the nihilist secularism in the west.”
You left out the best part:

Quote:
James, 49, government employee, Mexico
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-23-2018), BrotherMan (07-23-2018), The Man (07-22-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Ari (07-23-2018), slimshady2357 (07-23-2018), The Man (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Old 07-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

About that threat:

Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-23-2018), The Man (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:38 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Remember that I predicted a long time ago that President Obama will attack Iran because of his inability to negotiate properly-not skilled!"

shauna on Twitter: "Twitter's been blocked in Iran since 2009.… "

Thanks, from:
The Man (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Twitter might be blocked in Iran for everyday Iranians, but Iranian government officials, including Rouhani, do have Twitter accounts.

Even aside from the fact that it's just wrong, the idea that Rouhani isn't going to see that tweet because he's not on Twitter is really not the direction I'd go with the criticism.

But anyway...
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (07-23-2018), The Man (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 09:30 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

I'll go any direction with snark.

Anyway, look who's keepin' it (un)real:

Thanks, from:
Ari (07-23-2018), SR71 (08-10-2018), The Man (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:58 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thinking further on Trump's narcissism and Twitter blocked in Iran, Iranian officials having Twitter accounts nonetheless. NPD sole needs: Avoid shame, gather praise. Trump's angry tweet is both of those, a giant NOTICE ME, SENPAI. Iranian citizens seeing his barking is not likely on Trump's radar, just rage at a perceived slight at the last half of the Mother of all Peace comment, since he owns the USA and all the people in it, and his adoring fans at the half filled auditoriums where he suggests 2nd Amendment remedies against the press and the 1st Amendment.

Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-24-2018), Sock Puppet (07-24-2018), The Man (07-24-2018)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law