Old 04-16-2018, 02:44 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

dupe

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-16-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:09 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
I put that line in because you tried to make the book look filthy.
peacegirl, why in the world do you continue to tell such obvious and transparent lies just to try to justify your Corruptions? Haven't you figured out that I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, do not let your lies pass unchallenged? How dare you try to blame :ff: for the Corruption that you yourself have sown?

peacegirl, you joined this forum to try to hawk your Corrupted Text for lucre on March 12, 2011.

It is completely obvious that you are lying when you say that you committed this vile Corruption because "[Stephen Maturin] tried to make the book look filthy." How do I know that you are lying?

Because of page 359 of your Corrupted Text, ISBN 9781553953302 (printing by Trafford, copyright notice 2005), printed years before you even joined :ff: :

peacegirl, why did you lie just now?
Stop accusing me of lying! I did many revisions at Trafford without them having to change the original date. Now who needs to apologize? Don’t worry, I’m not holding my breath!
peacegirl, you said that you did this Corruption because ""[Stephen Maturin] tried to make the book look filthy."

I have shown this to be an obvious lie.

peacegirl, why are you lying?
Thanks, from:
But (04-16-2018), Spacemonkey (04-16-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-16-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, why in the world do you continue to tell such obvious and transparent lies just to try to justify your Corruptions? Haven't you figured out that I, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, do not let your lies pass unchallenged? How dare you try to blame :ff: for the Corruption that you yourself have sown?

peacegirl, you joined this forum to try to hawk your Corrupted Text for lucre on March 12, 2011.

It is completely obvious that you are lying when you say that you committed this vile Corruption because "[Stephen Maturin] tried to make the book look filthy." How do I know that you are lying?

Because of page 359 of your Corrupted Text, ISBN 9781553953302 (printing by Trafford, copyright notice 2005), printed years before you even joined :ff: :

Stop accusing me of lying! I did many revisions at Trafford without them having to change the original date. Now who needs to apologize? Don’t worry, I’m not holding my breath!
peacegirl, you said that you did this Corruption because ""[Stephen Maturin] tried to make the book look filthy."

I was not lying which implies an intent to deceive. I had to look back. I did add that line, but I took it out because of the jokes being made. I didn't put the line in as a result of the mocking; I took it out because of the mocking. It was the other way around. Sorry for the confusion.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-16-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:59 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

According to the ISBN entry, that edition of your Corrupted Text was printed in 2009 - years before you joined :ff:

The same Corruption is in the Trafford PDF of your Corrupted Text (Trafford rev. date 10/29/10) - months before you joined :ff:

peacegirl, why are you still lying?
Thanks, from:
But (04-16-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right. I went back and saw that I had put it in earlier. I was mistaken. After some changes (due to constructive criticism), I lost track of when I made a particular revision. But this is neither here nor there. It's called nitpicking, and you're doing it because you can't find anything else on me. I was his daughter. He entrusted me with his book. Nothing I added changed the significance or intent of his work.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:37 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
You're right. I went back and saw that I had put it in earlier. I was mistaken.
I know, peacegirl. That's why I called you out for lying again.
Quote:
After some changes (due to constructive criticism), I lost track of when I made a particular revision. But this is neither here nor there. It's called nitpicking, and you're doing it because you can't find anything else on me.
It's called correcting your lies, peacegirl.

You should apologize to Stephen Maturin for your false accusation.
Quote:
I was his daughter. He entrusted me with his book. Nothing I added changed the significance or intent of his work.
peacegirl, I don't know whether or not you actually believe that, of if you're just lying again. I guess it's possible that you believe what you're saying. But either way - I don't. Neither do I think people should have to plod through your god-awful prose trying to guess which things you simply made up, and what you deleted because you didn't approve of it, and what you re-wrote to reflect your own agenda.

That's why, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I simply reject your entire Corrupted Text. We have no need of it here. Here, we interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I don't get why you are so upset about that.
Thanks, from:
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
According to the ISBN entry, that edition of your Corrupted Text was printed in 2009 - years before you joined :ff:

The same Corruption is in the Trafford PDF of your Corrupted Text (Trafford rev. date 10/29/10) - months before you joined :ff:

peacegirl, why are you still lying?
I said you're right. It was the other way around. I had put that line in, but because of all the mocking, I decided to take it out. I knew there was a reason that made me decide to remove it. I was not lying which is being used inappropriately. I had no intent to deceive anyone. You're just looking for anything you can to put me in a negative light.

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-16-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You're right. I went back and saw that I had put it in earlier. I was mistaken.
I know, peacegirl. That's why I called you out for lying again.
Quote:
After some changes (due to constructive criticism), I lost track of when I made a particular revision. But this is neither here nor there. It's called nitpicking, and you're doing it because you can't find anything else on me.
It's called correcting your lies, peacegirl.

You should apologize to Stephen Maturin for your false accusation.
Quote:
I was his daughter. He entrusted me with his book. Nothing I added changed the significance or intent of his work.
peacegirl, I don't know whether or not you actually believe that, of if you're just lying again. I guess it's possible that you believe what you're saying. But either way - I don't. Neither do I think people should have to plod through your god-awful prose trying to guess which things you simply made up, and what you deleted because you didn't approve of it, and what you re-wrote to reflect your own agenda.

That's why, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I simply reject your entire Corrupted Text. We have no need of it here. Here, we interpret the Authentic Text as written by the Author and published in his lifetime. I don't get why you are so upset about that.
I don't think it's god-awful. It's clear and elucidating. Why am I so upset? Because you're making a joke out of the book. You're not reading it to understand. You're reading it to get a laugh at his expense. I think some parts are funny too, but at least I know what he was getting at. Do you? No.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

What's going on with those supernovae? Any update on that? Why do we see the visible spectrum images in the same place as radio or X-ray images?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
What's going on with those supernovae? Any update on that? Why do we see the visible spectrum images in the same place as radio or X-ray images?
Because light travels at the same rate of speed as radio or X-ray images. No one is arguing with that. That is why Lessans said it takes 8 minutes for us to see each other (light has to be at the object), yet it takes no time to see the Sun being turned on. I don't want to start this all over again.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:53 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
I don't think it's god-awful. It's clear and elucidating.
I disagree and think the writing is abysmally terrible, particularly compared to the numinous prose of the Authentic Text, but here again, that's just a difference of opinion. God-awful or not, your Corrupted Text isn't the Authentic Text, and readers have no way of knowing which things you made up, deleted, or re-wrote to suit your own agenda.

That's why I think everyone should reject your Corrupted Text. If one is interested in the work of Seymour Lessans, one should read the Authentic Text as written by him and published in his lifetime. That seems like a commonsense notion, doesn't it? How strange that it's up to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, to give it voice.
Quote:
Why am I so upset? Because you're making a joke out of the book. You're not reading it to understand. You're reading it to get a laugh at his expense. I think some parts are funny too, but at least I know what he was getting at. Do you? No.
peacegirl, I refuse to accept your blame. I urge you to transmute the baser metals of your blameful nature and take up that magic elixir (that corollary, that slide rule) held out to us by the Author in the Authentic Text.
Thanks, from:
But (04-16-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-17-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Because light travels at the same rate of speed as radio or X-ray images. No one is arguing with that. That is why Lessans said it takes 8 minutes for us to see each other (light has to be at the object), yet it takes no time to see the Sun being turned on. I don't want to start this all over again.
Of course you don't, because you know it's nonsense. Yes, light travels at the same speed as radio waves and X-rays, that's why we don't see anything turned on or off in real time. We definitely don't see the supernova in real time. Do you agree with that?
Thanks, from:
The Man (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 08:42 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
Because light travels at the same rate of speed as radio or X-ray images.
Then why does radar work? It wouldn't in your scenario.

Quote:
No one is arguing with that.
Actually, you have "argued" (asserted, actually) against that point on numerous occasions.
Thanks, from:
Old 04-16-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think it's god-awful. It's clear and elucidating.
I disagree and think the writing is abysmally terrible, particularly compared to the numinous prose of the Authentic Text, but here again, that's just a difference of opinion. God-awful or not, your Corrupted Text isn't the Authentic Text, and readers have no way of knowing which things you made up, deleted, or re-wrote to suit your own agenda.
Whatever you say Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
That's why I think everyone should reject your Corrupted Text. If one is interested in the work of Seymour Lessans, one should read the Authentic Text as written by him and published in his lifetime. That seems like a commonsense notion, doesn't it? How strange that it's up to me, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, to give it voice.
You are deluded.

Quote:
Why am I so upset? Because you're making a joke out of the book. You're not reading it to understand. You're reading it to get a laugh at his expense. I think some parts are funny too, but at least I know what he was getting at. Do you? No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
peacegirl, I refuse to accept your blame. I urge you to transmute the baser metals of your blameful nature and take up that magic elixir (that corollary, that slide rule) held out to us by the Author in the Authentic Text.
There you go parroting his words in jest. Your posts are unproductive. When you have something meaningful to say, let me know.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course you don't, because you know it's nonsense. Yes, light travels at the same speed as radio waves and X-rays, that's why we don't see anything turned on or off in real time. We definitely don't see the supernova in real time. Do you agree with that?
No. You are assuming that Supernovaes are millions of lightyears away. I believe Supernovae explosions are so huge and so bright that they have been seen with binoculars or the naked eye as they are happening. Please don't respond. I don't want to get into this again. You think Lessans was wrong, so leave it at that.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:55 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
No. You are assuming that Supernovaes are millions of lightyears away. I believe Supernovae explosions are so huge and so bright that they have been seen with binoculars or the naked eye as they are happening.
Just quoting pre-edit.
Thanks, from:
But (04-17-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-17-2018), The Man (04-16-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:07 AM
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.

Quote:
No. You are assuming that Supernovaes are millions of lightyears away.
How close do you think the closest supernova was? And why would it make any difference? We're still not going to be able to see it until light from it has had time to reach our eyes.

Quote:
I believe Supernovae explosions are so huge and so bright that they have been seen with binoculars or the naked eye as they are happening.
Yes, supernovae are huge and bright. Yes, some can be seen unaided. But why would you think that means they are being seen in real time? Being big and bright doesn't exclude an event from the basic laws of physics.

Quote:
Please don't respond.
If you don't want people to respond, then don't post.

Quote:
I don't want to get into this again.
Why not? It just means more lying, weaseling, and evading for you. These are your greatest skills, so why would you not want to use them?

Quote:
You think Lessans was wrong, so leave it at that.
Oh, come on. We both know Lessans was wrong. The only difference is that we can be honest about it.
But (04-17-2018), The Man (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No. You are assuming that Supernovaes are millions of lightyears away. I believe Supernovae explosions are so huge and so bright that they have been seen with binoculars or the naked eye as they are happening. Please don't respond. I don't want to get into this again. You think Lessans was wrong, so leave it at that.
:nope:

So how close do you think they actually are? The distances to stars can be measured to about a thousand light years just by parallax, which is the equivalent of putting your hand in front of your left eye and then your right. So that doesn't work.

It's the same with the planets. We can observe them in visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet and infrared light, etc. The observed position is always the same although it should be off by tens of thousands of kilometers if you were right. It's not that I think Daddy Dum Dum was wrong, it's a proven fact. And you're delusional. So tell me, what's going on there?
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (04-17-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-17-2018), The Man (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 12:24 AM

dupe

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-17-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
How close do you think the closest supernova was? And why would it make any difference? We're still not going to be able to see it until light from it has had time to reach our eyes.
There is no doubt that light is necessary.
Well, look at that. You're evading again! Two questions there and you didn't even try to answer either of them.

How are we going to be able to see a supernova in real time if light from it first has to arrive at the eye?

Quote:
No it doesn’t. I don’t think Lessans’ claims does.
So how does the light from the supernova get to the distant eye in zero time without violating the laws of physics?

Quote:
Sure, that would make it easy for you.
It's already easy for me. I just don't get why you post nonsense and then ask us not to respond. If you want to post without replies then go start a blog. This is a discussion forum - people can and will respond.

Quote:
I don’t know what to tell you but stopping to admit defeat is out of the question.
Another lie. You've admitted defeat several times already. If you want to try something new, try honestly and directly answering questions.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
No. You are assuming that Supernovaes are millions of lightyears away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey
You still don't understand why light would be at the eye in Lessans' account.

Quote:
I believe Supernovae explosions are so huge and so bright that they have been seen with binoculars or the naked eye as they are happening.
Quote:
Yes, supernovae are huge and bright. Yes, some can be seen unaided. But why would you think that means they are being seen in real time? Being big and bright doesn't exclude an event from the basic laws of physics.
This doesn't change the basic laws of physics.

Quote:
Please don't respond.
Quote:
If you don't want people to respond, then don't post.
I will post if I have a reason, but I am not going to respond to people that don't add value to the conversation.

Quote:
I don't want to get into this again.
Quote:
Why not? It just means more lying, weaseling, and evading for you. These are your greatest skills, so why would you not want to use them?
I'm tired of the false accusations.

Quote:
You think Lessans was wrong, so leave it at that.
Quote:
Oh, come on. We both know Lessans was wrong. The only difference is that we can be honest about it.
Why is your goal to get me to admit something for your sake only?

Last edited by peacegirl; 04-17-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
:nope:

So how close do you think they actually are? The distances to stars can be measured to about a thousand light years just by parallax, which is the equivalent of putting your hand in front of your left eye and then your right. So that doesn't work.

It's the same with the planets. We can observe them in visible light, radio waves, ultraviolet and infrared light, etc. The observed position is always the same although it should be off by tens of thousands of kilometers if you were right. It's not that I think Daddy Dum Dum was wrong, it's a proven fact. And you're delusional. So tell me, what's going on there?
No no, you don't get to call my father names and expect me to do business as usual. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:55 PM

dupe

Old 04-17-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
You still don't understand why light would be at the eye in Lessans' account.
Neither do you. And you just evaded my questions again. Classic PG.

Quote:
This doesn't change the basic laws of physics.
The laws of physics do not allow light from a distant supernova to be at the eyes in zero time.

Quote:
I will post if I have a reason, but I am not going to respond to people that don't add value to the conversation.
No-one's telling you not to post.

Quote:
I'm tired of the false accusations.
We're tired of your lies.

Quote:
Why is your goal to get me to admit something for your sake only?
It isn't.
But (04-17-2018), Stephen Maturin (04-18-2018), The Man (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
No no, you don't get to call my father names and expect me to do business as usual. Ain't gonna happen.
Business as usual for you is evading questions and making excuses, and as that is exactly what you've done here it looks like you just told another porky.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy