Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Old 12-01-2016, 08:32 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
peacegirl, as a concerned grandmother, would you leave your infant grandchild alone in the care of your source Alan R. Yurko?
:popcorn:
All I am saying is that if there is a possibility that vaccines can mimic shaken baby syndrome (and I admit I don't know), then it is imperative that we don't rush to judgment. Parents have been accused of breaking their baby's bones when it turned out that the baby had a genetic problem that caused the bones to break. I am not excusing someone who is, in fact, responsible. Unfortunately, the criminal justice system is not perfect. Sometimes those not guilty have had to pay the price for the guilty. Have you heard of the innocence project?
Why are you evading the question?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-02-2016), ChuckF (12-01-2016), Dragar (12-01-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-01-2016), The Man (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Parents, do your due diligence on vaccination! There are serious risks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
All the best scientific articles are found in links to Facebook.
The internet (whether the information comes from twitter, facebook, or other publications) has allowed the general public to have access to tons of research that they wouldn't otherwise have. Attacking an article or a video because it was linked from facebook just shows the extent of your ignorance. Your reasoning is specious. :giggle:

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 12-01-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
Quote:
I never get a chance to discuss the content. It doesn't matter who I quote --- even highly regarded researchers in their field are quickly discredited. It's a great strategy to stay at arm's length from anybody who disagrees with you. Just call them loons and you're off the hook.
Sure you do. Ari and Vivisectus and Specious Reasons frequently engage on the content. Don't you remember this? Or this post, where Vivisectus points out that your article is clearly deliberately misrepresenting scientific articles it quotes? Those are just in the last few pages. This thread is hundreds of pages wrong, full of people engaging you on the scientific merits (such as they are).
http://www.nvic.org/cmstemplates/nvi...e-shedding.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar
Do you remember me engaging with you on the topic of your nutcase who thought relativity was wrong?
He never said relativity was wrong. Why are you making stuff up?

Is Relativity Wrong?

Does the impossibility of motion in spacetime invalidate Einstein's relativity? The answer depends on whether one takes spacetime to be physically existent (as relativists do) or as an abstract, non-existent, mathematical construct for the historical mapping of measured events. If one chooses the former, one is obviously a crackpot or a fraud, or both. If one chooses the latter, then general relativity is to be seen as a mere math trick: the physical mechanism of gravity is still out there and it is incumbent upon physicists to find it.

Not Against Relativity

I get angry emails from people accusing me of badmouthing relativity, one of the most corroborated theories of physics. I am not. In my opinion, the special and general theories of relativity are mathematically correct and make correct predictions. What is wrong are all the obviously false claims made on the basis of their correctness. Relativity does not allow motion in spacetime or time travel, as Dr. Wheeler, Sir Stephen Hawking, Dr. Kip Thorne and the others claim. It forbids motion in spacetime! It is important that people see relativity for what it is, a mathematical trick for the prediction of macroscopic phenomena involving the motion of bodies in a spatial coordinate system. Spacetime is an abstract mathematical construct, that is all. The other stuff (motion in spacetime, time travel, advanced and retarded waves, wormholes, etc...), is pure hogwash. This stuff is so trivially proven wrong in fact, that it is insulting to the lay public, the same public that funds most scientific projects. Even the relativity-derived notion of time dilation is hopelessly misleading. Time does not dilate (as if time could change!). On the contrary, it is the clocks that slow down (for whatever reason) resulting in longer measured intervals.

Nasty Little Truth About Spacetime Physics

Quote:
I pointed out the trivial mathematical errors the guy was making. But you have zero understanding of mathematics, so how could you possibly understand the arguments? That's why it's important to know how to pick reliable sources. Again, you fail, and you make excuses. Your claim about nobody engaging on content is a lie, peacegirl.
People have skipped right over the videos. I agree that there has been some discussion related to content, but there are many articles and videos that are just passed over.

Quote:
And on top of that, all of this engaging on content just goes in one ear, and out the other for you. So why should we waste time engaging with you, when one the very next post you ignore it all? It's a lot quicker and more entertaining to point out we shouldn't even expect your sources to be right anyway: they're delusional about so much else, and have no credentials, so no big surprise when it turns out their anti-scientific claims are bogus too.
Many of the people I have quoted have the "right" credentials, but you bypass them too. Moreover, that should not be the only judge of content. People use this excuse to simply ignore and discredit anyone who doesn't have a PhD or MD next to their name. They couldn't possibly having anything of value to say, right? I'm not saying that I would hire a construction worker to operate on my brain, but there is a lot of gray in between. My father didn't have the "right" credentials and yet he has made a revolutionary discovery. :yup:

Quote:
Don't you understand no one is credible in your eyes unless they're pro-vaccine. It does not matter whether they are doctors or holocaust deniers. If they question vaccines, you will find some skeptic website that has already done the work for you. They're entire life is summarized in one or two paragraphs which then labels them loons. It's a form of bullying. I hope people can see through it.
Quote:
This is just whining. "Waah, waah, all my sources are insane and it's not fair". Tough! This is what being on the obviously wrong end of a scientific argument feels like. The correct response is not to double down on the lunatic fringe elements, it's to accept you're wrong.
My sources are not all insane Dragar. That's a faulty generalization. Soon you're going to have to find dirt on more and more doctors and researchers who support the efforts of the anti-vax community and you will be busted because these people cannot ALL be insane.

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 12-01-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:43 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
My father didn't have the "right" credentials and yet he has made a revolutionary discovery. :yup:
It was certainly juicy.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-02-2016), Dragar (12-02-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-02-2016), The Man (12-01-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 09:55 PM

Why the Chickenpox Vaccine is Nuts!

When I was a child, chickenpox was universally understood to be a generally benign disease in otherwise healthy children. Every spring, chickenpox would wash through the younger grades at my elementary school, and initiate a new group of kids. Most of us remember the disease for its horrendous itching and the occasional scar, but I don't remember any of us fearing it. I grew up accepting Chickenpox as a fact of life, and a normal passage of childhood -- like skinning your knees.

According to the Merck Manual, Chickenpox is a highly contagious infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus. There is a 10 to 21 day incubation period. In children over the age of 10 the very first symptoms are headache, fever and malaise. Younger children usually DON'T have these symptoms. But in adults, the symptoms are generally worse. That is why it is important to contract this disease before the age of 10, since infection with the varicella-zoster virus is believed to create a lifetime immunity to chickenpox. Nursing babies often aren't susceptible to chickenpox -- if their mother had the illness as a child, she will pass antibodies, through the placenta in pregnancy and additional ones via her milk which confer a high degree immunity. About 24-36 hours after the first symptoms begin, the characteristic rash appears. The Merck manual then states, "Children usually recover from chickenpox without problems. However, the infection may be severe or even fatal in adults and especially in people with an impaired immune system."

My college textbook, Microbiology, by Davis, Dulbecco et al, describes the varicella-zoster virus as being part of a large family of viruses, known as the "Herpesviruses." This family includes the well-known herpes simplex viruses which cause fever blisters, Epstein-Barr virus (causes mononucleosis) and cytomegalovirus. One of the main characteristics of this family of viruses is their ability after primary infection to insert their viral DNA into a person's DNA and remain there in a latent form indefinitely. In the case of chickenpox, this is thought to explain how a person who had chickenpox as a child, can then develop shingles as an adult, in response to certain environmental stresses which may cause the virus DNA to un-insert itself from the host DNA and start replicating itself.

Sometime around 1995 a vaccine for chickenpox became available. It is a live-virus vaccine. Typically live-virus vaccines are made by growing the wild -type virus in ways that alter its ability to cause the disease. In essence it is similar to the natural virus, and capable of reproducing once inside the body, but is supposed to be less likely to actually cause the disease itself. However just because the symptoms are reduced does not necessarily mean that it is not causing harm inside the body. Their are many examples of infections that can silently damage organs, and not be discovered until many years later.

The normal route of entry of chickenpox into a child's body is through the mouth and nose-- usually inhaling particles that an infected person has coughed. This means that the virus will come in contact with the mucous membranes and trigger the beginnings of an immune response. After this initial "alert" of the immune system, the virus travels to the lymphatic system, where additional body defenses are mustered. Finally, after the body has had adequate time to gear up, the virus gains access to the blood stream and major organs. But by this time, the immune system is mounting a full response (thanks to its being alerted early by the mucous membranes and lymphatic system) and will usually protect the major organs from damage from this virus.

Now compare this scenario to what happens when one's first exposure to the virus is from a vaccine: The mucous membranes are bypassed. The lymphatic system is bypassed. The live virus gains immediate access to the bloodstream and major organs -- a situation that millions of years of evolutionary wisdom seems to have tried to avoid!

contl at: Why the Chickenpox Vaccine is Nuts!

Old 12-01-2016, 10:12 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

WTF. Evolutionary wisdom? :lol:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-02-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-02-2016), The Man (12-01-2016), Vivisectus (12-03-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 11:33 PM
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
peacegirl, as a concerned grandmother, would you leave your infant grandchild alone in the care of your source Alan R. Yurko?
All I am saying is that if there is a possibility that vaccines can mimic shaken baby syndrome (and I admit I don't know), then it is imperative that we don't rush to judgment. Parents have been accused of breaking their baby's bones when it turned out that the baby had a genetic problem that caused the bones to break. I am not excusing someone who is, in fact, responsible. Unfortunately, the criminal justice system is not perfect. Sometimes those not guilty have had to pay the price for the guilty. Have you heard of the innocence project?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-02-2016), ChuckF (12-02-2016), Dragar (12-02-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-02-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-02-2016), The Man (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you kidding me?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:57 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

So at this rate I'm assuming you are leaving the "they totally showed documents!" claim behind?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-02-2016), But (12-02-2016), Stephen Maturin (12-02-2016), The Man (12-02-2016), Vivisectus (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Refreshingly Stupid

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you kidding me?
So then, your answer is yes. You'd gladly leave your infant grandchild in the care of Alan Yurko, an anti-vax hero who would never even consider doing anything to harm an innocent child.

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-03-2016), But (12-02-2016), Dragar (12-03-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-03-2016), The Man (12-02-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 12:42 AM
Refreshingly Stupid

A New CDC Report Shows A Win For Vaccines | American Council on Science and Health

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-03-2016), But (12-03-2016), The Man (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 02:19 AM
Refreshingly Stupid

House party enters fourth tense hour of anti-vaccine philosophy major leering creepily from bedroom

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-03-2016), But (12-03-2016), The Man (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I never get a chance to discuss the content. It doesn't matter who I quote --- even highly regarded researchers in their field are quickly discredited. It's a great strategy to stay at arm's length from anybody who disagrees with you. Just call them loons and you're off the hook.
Sure you do. Ari and Vivisectus and Specious Reasons frequently engage on the content. Don't you remember this? Or this post, where Vivisectus points out that your article is clearly deliberately misrepresenting scientific articles it quotes? Those are just in the last few pages. This thread is hundreds of pages wrong, full of people engaging you on the scientific merits (such as they are).

Quote:
Do you remember me engaging with you on the topic of your nutcase who thought relativity was wrong?
:lol: You don't even understand enough to involve yourself in this debate. I could explain to you, but what's the point? You've only brought this up to avoid answering the actual point: people do engage you on content, and every time it turns out your sources are frauds or liars or delusional based on the content you provide. That they also turn out to be murderers or contact aliens in unrelated content? That's just extras.

Quote:
People have skipped right over the videos. I agree that there has been some discussion related to content, but there are many articles and videos that are just passed over.
Some of them; you post far, far too much content to ever engage it all. That's because it's easier to bullshit than do actual science. There's a lot more crap out there than real stuff. The last video you posted was hours long! Someone even agreed to watch a smell segment, or to read a summary you provided. You refused.

Quote:
My father didn't have the "right" credentials and yet he has made a revolutionary discovery. :yup:
Nope, your father was a prime example - he was quite wrong on almost everything he wrote. Have you solved the problem with the Moons of Jupiter yet?
Angakuk (12-04-2016), But (12-03-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-03-2016), The Man (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
My sources are not all insane Dragar. That's a faulty generalization.
Yeah Dragar! You don't have to be an anti-semite, quack, magic tune-fork salesman, conspiracy nut, or conduit for alien communication to get quoted by peacegirl. It is not actually obligatory to favor pumping bleach up an autistic kid's rectum, or to advocate eugenics, or to sell water that has been tuned.

It just helps.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-04-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-03-2016), The Man (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
My father didn't have the "right" credentials and yet he has made a revolutionary discovery.
I thought we were still waiting for the tests to come in and keeping an open mind until then?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-04-2016), But (12-03-2016), The Lone Ranger (12-03-2016), The Man (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
:lol: You don't even understand enough to involve yourself in this debate. I could explain to you, but what's the point? You've only brought this up to avoid answering the actual point: people do engage you on content, and every time it turns out your sources are frauds or liars or delusional based on the content you provide. That they also turn out to be murderers or contact aliens in unrelated content? That's just extras.
Why can't you admit that you misrepresented him? He never said relativity was wrong. Granted, sometimes people discuss content or there wouldn't be a thread, but a lot is missed. For example, why didn't you respond to the pdf above? I admit that I don't always read an entire piece either. I also have to get better at this. And unrelated content has nothing to do with related content, got it? :rolleyes:

Quote:
Quote:
Some of them; you post far, far too much content to ever engage it all. That's because it's easier to bullshit than do actual science. There's a lot more crap out there than real stuff. The last video you posted was hours long! Someone even agreed to watch a smell segment, or to read a summary you provided. You refused.
That's an excuse Dragar. If people were interested in discussing a link that I posted, I wouldn't keep adding more. To just say there's more crap out there than real stuff is making an assumption that what I post is crap without even looking at it. Yea yea, you don't like anecdotal stuff. Another cop-out!

Quote:
Quote:
Nope, your father was a prime example - he was quite wrong on almost everything he wrote. Have you solved the problem with the Moons of Jupiter yet?
I disagree with you completely. If he was wrong about the eyes, I could accept that but his observations are airtight. I don't want to get into this anymore and be forced to listen to more of Chuck and Maturin's crap in their eagerness to use the book as lulz.

Last edited by peacegirl; 12-03-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
That's an excuse Dragar. If people were interested in discussing a link that I posted, I wouldn't keep adding more.
Hi, yes, I'm interested in discussing the video link you posted that you claim shows evidence and documents of a vaccine conspiracy and am willing to watch 15-30 minutes of it if you give me a time stamp to start watching from, (preferably one that includes the documents you claim exist).
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (12-04-2016), The Man (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 02:25 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:

Why can't you admit that you misrepresented him? He never said relativity was wrong.
He does, all the time. He's just too stupid to realize the implications of what he says. "The slowing of clocks is more likely due to energy conservation principles that come into play when a huge number of particles are interacting locally." :lol: Look at him bullshit!

Quote:
Granted, sometimes people discuss content or there wouldn't be a thread, but a lot is missed. For example, why didn't you respond to the pdf above? I admit that I don't always read an entire piece either.
Why would I respond to every piece of propaganda you post? I have zero interest in reading the deluge of nonsense you post, peacegirl.

Meanwhile, you ignore Ari who has been trying to dosciss the video with your for days now. Why?

Quote:
I disagree with you completely. If he was wrong about the eyes, I could accept that
It's pretty obvious he was wrong. Do you accept that?
Old 12-03-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
If he was wrong about the eyes, I could accept that but his observations are airtight.
Airtight except for a few trifling quibbles such as cameras and eyes seeing the same thing, the moons of Jupiter, the fact that even in your model we have no idea how those photons get to the retina instantly, and, well, all of physics really.

But apart from all that, airtight! :lol:

Thanks, from:
Old 12-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Why can't you admit that you misrepresented him? He never said relativity was wrong.
He does, all the time. He's just too stupid to realize the implications of what he says. "The slowing of clocks is more likely due to energy conservation principles that come into play when a huge number of particles are interacting locally." :lol: Look at him bullshit!
His theory is as to why clocks slow down could be wrong, but his intuition that time itself does not slow down could be right. The absurdity that we can go back in a time machine is so ludicrous that anyone who actually believes this should be on the loon short list. :giggle:

Quote:
Granted, sometimes people discuss content or there wouldn't be a thread, but a lot is missed. For example, why didn't you respond to the pdf above? I admit that I don't always read an entire piece either.
Quote:
Why would I respond to every piece of propaganda you post? I have zero interest in reading the deluge of nonsense you post, peacegirl.

Meanwhile, you ignore Ari who has been trying to dosciss the video with your for days now. Why?
If it's all nonsense to you, the least you could do is refute it. All you do, which is so typical of this community, is throw out the individual as being a conspiracy theorist or delusional and calling it a day! That's not science; that's prejudice! As far as Ari wanting to give this video 15 minutes of his precious time, I know already he won't be satisfied. They show newspaper articles but they don't offer scientific studies, which is what he's looking for. He will tell me it's all propaganda. I know the script.

Quote:
I disagree with you completely. If he was wrong about the eyes, I could accept that
Quote:
It's pretty obvious he was wrong. Do you accept that?
"Pretty obvious" is not good enough!

Last edited by peacegirl; 12-03-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:01 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
If he was wrong about the eyes, I could accept that but his observations are airtight. I don't want to get into this anymore and be forced to listen to more of Chuck and Maturin's crap in their eagerness to use the book as lulz.
peacegirl, your Corrupted Text is shameful, yet still you hawk it for sale. I can see why you are afraid to engage with the Authentic Text and own up to the damage you have done.
Thanks, from:
Old 12-03-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If he was wrong about the eyes, I could accept that but his observations are airtight. I don't want to get into this anymore and be forced to listen to more of Chuck and Maturin's crap in their eagerness to use the book as lulz.
peacegirl, your Corrupted Text is shameful, yet still you hawk it for sale. I can see why you are afraid to engage with the Authentic Text and own up to the damage you have done.
:biglaugh: Proof of the pudding cannot be more obvious to anyone who has insight into this type of game playing. Discernment is up the reader!

Old 12-03-2016, 04:28 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
:biglaugh: Proof of the pudding cannot be more obvious to anyone who has insight into this type of game playing. Discernment is up the reader!
Indeed, peacegirl, indeed - this is why it is so troubling that you have undertaken to deceive the reader with your many corruptions and your Corrupted Text.

Dear Reader, know now that only authentic text is the Authentic Text as written by the author and published in his lifetime. The Corrupted Text is corrupt.
Thanks, from:
Old 12-03-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
:biglaugh: Lack of proof is obvious to anyone who has insight. This type of game playing is so sad. Truth is not up to Chuck or Maturin. Ultimately, discernment will be in the hands of the reader!

Old 12-03-2016, 04:33 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

The truth of the Authentic Text lies in the rejection of the Corrupted Text in favor of the Authentic Text, as written by the author and published in his lifetime. The Corrupted Text that she hawks is a book of peacegirl's corrupt lies.

Beware, dear Reader, those who corrupt the Authentic Text to sell you her Corrupted Text.
Thanks, from:

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle