Old 07-27-2014, 06:11 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
You're :bat: :shit: insane, :catlady: :yup:
Thank you! That means I'm getting closer to exposing the mistake science has made and there's nowhere you can hide. Your vitriol is in exact proportion to how scared you are that Lessans was right after all. :giggle: :laugh: :lmao:

https://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/ebook/

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 07-27-2014, 06:13 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Thank you! That means I'm getting closer to exposing the mistake science has made and there's nowhere you can hide. Your vitriol is in exact proportion to how scared you are that Lessans was right after all. :giggle: :laugh: :lmao:
The rallying cry of the crackpot
Thanks, from:
Cynthia of Syracuse (07-28-2014), Pan Narrans (07-28-2014), Spacemonkey (07-27-2014), The Lone Ranger (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Bump for Dingbat.
Stupidity has reached new heights.

Yes dingbat, most here are amazed that each of your posts can be more stupid than the last. But I'm not sure that "Heights" is the correct description, more like "depths", you seem to be on a downward spiral in intelligence and sanity.
Spacemonkey (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragar View Post
Quote:
Laser light is light that is concentrated so we could see this flash of light...
Not only are you wrong, you're making this up. Nowhere in your crazy account does it talk about what can't be revealed and what can be, and when you make things up like this it's hardly a wonder you contradict yourself over and over.
So you're saying a laser light is the same as Sunlight? :rolleyes:
No, I'm saying laser light is not 'concentrated'. Why are you rolling your eyes? You don't understand any of this, and seem quite happy to make up any old crap when questioned on it. It's disgusting behaviour.
Angakuk (07-28-2014), But (01-10-2018), Cynthia of Syracuse (07-28-2014), The Lone Ranger (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Says the all knowing almighty LadyShea. :biglaugh: :laugh: :giggle:

which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Old 07-27-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Laser light is light that is concentrated so we could see this flash of light...
Not only are you wrong, you're making this up. Nowhere in your crazy account does it talk about what can't be revealed and what can be, and when you make things up like this it's hardly a wonder you contradict yourself over and over.
So you're saying a laser light is the same as Sunlight? :rolleyes:
No, I'm saying laser light is not 'concentrated'. Why are you rolling your eyes? You don't understand any of this, and seem quite happy to make up any old crap when questioned on it. It's disgusting behaviour.
I don't know what language you speak but I speak English. Anyway, this discussion has degraded into a name calling frenzy. I can't continue this way. I will say one last thing before closing this topic: when the knowledge in this book has finally been accepted as self-evident it will be a great day indeed! The transition to this new world will begin and we will finally be making our way toward a lasting peace. It can't get any better than that. :)

Unlike the light we see from the sun, light from a laser is made up of just one colour. All the waves in light from a laser travel in the same direction, making a concentrated beam.

http://www.planet-science.com/catego...s-a-laser.aspx

Last edited by peacegirl; 07-27-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Says the all knowing almighty LadyShea. :lmao:
Why do we see the laser light on the moon 2.6 seconds after it leaves earth, instead of the 1.3 seconds that Lessans predicted? Note that this experiment has been conducted repeatedly for half a century.

BTW, you have no audience here. No one gives a shit about what your father wrote, or your mentally retarded ravings. You have a few interlocutors who are unendingly astounded by your persistence, your mental incapacity and your dishonesty, and that is all you and Lessans have or ever will have.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Anyway I'm tired of discussing this topic with the kind of nasty remarks I'm getting. What am I doing this for? I'm wasting a lot of time although discussing this has sharpened my analytical skills. I'm even more convinced than ever that he was right based on this analysis. I need people to stop asking me anymore questions. Maybe one day I'll come back to this topic. If not, I'll see you in the new world when this knowledge has finally been accepted as self-evident.
What is with your ridiculous insistence that we need to facilitate or support your actions? Stop talking to us if you want to, but if you are here you will be asked questions.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (07-28-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat View Post
Anyway, I'm tired of discussing this topic with the kind of nasty remarks I'm getting.

What am I doing this for? I'm wasting a lot of time although discussing this has sharpened my analytical skills. I'm even more convinced than ever that he was right based on this analysis.

I need people to stop asking me anymore questions. Maybe one day I'll come back to this topic.

If not, I'll see you in the new world when this knowledge has finally been accepted as self-evident.
You're tired of being asked questions that you can't answer.

Analytical is an odd word for evading, dodging, and ignoring, but then you have consistently used words in nonstandard ways.

Again you need people to stop asking questions that you can't answer.

A bit of advice, don't hold your breath waiting for Lessans brave new world.
Angakuk (07-28-2014), Spacemonkey (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

What constantly amazes me is the sheer number of bizarre things peacegirl must believe in order to maintain her faith.

Why do space probes hit their targets, even though the target is actually many thousands of miles from where we've aimed the probe? Apparently, some mysterious, completely undetectable force guides the probes to their targets, thus creating the illusion that we see in delayed time.

How convenient.

When viewed from Earth, why do the moons of distant planets appear to be displaced in their orbits by exactly the amount of distance we'd expect if our vision was delayed by the limited speed of light? Apparently, some mysterious and completely undetectable force causes them to speed up and slow down in their orbits in exactly the correct manner as to create the illusion that we're seeing in delayed time. What's more, this mysterious force is designed to create the illusion that viewers here on Earth are seeing in delayed time, since the results would be different if viewed from elsewhere in the Solar System. (Which, incidentally, is confirmed by on-the-site probes. Oops.)

Again, how convenient.

Why do we detect neutrinos from supernova explosions at roughly the same time that we detect the light, even though, according to Lessans, we should see the light thousands or even millions of years before the neutrinos arrive? Apparently, some mysterious force causes stars to emit a burst of neutrinos (in violation of all know stellar physics, by the way) such that its arrival will coincide with the star's explosion, as seen from Earth.

Note, again, how special the Earth is, since viewers on other planets would not see the neutrino burst and light burst as more or less simultaneous.

How convenient.

Why, when we reflect light off mirrors to measure the distance to the Moon, is the reception of the reflected light delayed by exactly the amount of time (down to the nanosecond, no less!) to create the illusion that we see in delayed time? Once again, some mysterious and completely undetectable force is messing with us -- all to create the illusion that we see in delayed time, and always, always carefully calibrated to ensure that we here on Earth are fooled into thinking that we see in delayed time.

How. Convenient.

One has to wonder why it is that the entire Universe -- from stars millions of light-years distant to our own Moon -- is conspiring to create the illusion that we here on Earth, and only we here on Earth, are seeing in delayed time.

Maybe the ancients were right after all, and the Earth really is the center of the Universe. It would pretty-much have to be, in order for Lessans to be correct. (Though once again, that raises the question of why the Universe is trying so hard to make us think that we're not the center of the Universe.)
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (07-28-2014), Cynthia of Syracuse (07-28-2014), Dragar (07-27-2014), LadyShea (07-27-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yep, says me, due to experience with crackpots.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
What constantly amazes me is the sheer number of bizarre things peacegirl must believe in order to maintain her faith.

Why do space probes hit their targets, even though the target is actually many thousands of miles from where we've aimed the probe? Apparently, some mysterious, completely undetectable force guides the probes to their targets, thus creating the illusion that we see in delayed time.

How convenient.
Not at all. I don't believe the time/light delay is that significant. I'm sure you will say the probes would miss the target completely. To me, that's convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger
When viewed from Earth, why do the moons of distant planets appear to be displaced in their orbits by exactly the amount of distance we'd expect if our vision was delayed by the limited speed of light? Apparently, some mysterious and completely undetectable force causes them to speed up and slow down in their orbits in exactly the correct manner as to create the illusion that we're seeing in delayed time. What's more, this mysterious force is designed to create the illusion that viewers here on Earth are seeing in delayed time, since the results would be different if viewed from elsewhere in the Solar System. (Which, incidentally, is confirmed by on-the-site probes. Oops.)

Again, how convenient.
It doesn't give people the illusion that they are seeing in delayed time unless they already have come to the conclusion that they're seeing in delayed time. Again, how convenient.

Quote:
Why do we detect neutrinos from supernova explosions at roughly the same time that we detect the light, even though, according to Lessans, we should see the light thousands or even millions of years before the neutrinos arrive? Apparently, some mysterious force causes stars to emit a burst of neutrinos (in violation of all know stellar physics, by the way) such that its arrival will coincide with the star's explosion, as seen from Earth.
No, I corrected that. Seeing only light would be the same time we would see neutrinos which is in delayed time. This does not contradict real time vision one bit. Another oops!

Quote:
Note, again, how special the Earth is, since viewers on other planets would not see the neutrino burst and light burst as more or less simultaneous.

How convenient.
They would see the neutrino burst and the light burst simultaneously because they are both traveling at about the same speed.

Quote:
Why, when we reflect light off mirrors to measure the distance to the Moon, is the reception of the reflected light delayed by exactly the amount of time (down to the nanosecond, no less!) to create the illusion that we see in delayed time? Once again, some mysterious and completely undetectable force is messing with us -- all to create the illusion that we see in delayed time, and always, always carefully calibrated to ensure that we here on Earth are fooled into thinking that we see in delayed time.

How. Convenient.
Didn't you read any of my recent posts? The video explained why we wouldn't see the flash of light at 1.3 seconds. It did not meet the requirements of brightness and size, which is mandatory in this account. The light was reflected on a tiny reflective surface (18 square inches) which would be impossible to detect at that great distance even with a powerful telescope. There are no undetectable forces messing with us. We see certain things that conform to our belief system. Look at the dog experiment. It's obvious that when you start off with a premise that is taken as fact, the conclusion will support that premise. The whole thing is slanted in favor of the projected outcome going into it.

Quote:
One has to wonder why it is that the entire Universe -- from stars millions of light-years distant to our own Moon -- is conspiring to create the illusion that we here on Earth, and only we here on Earth, are seeing in delayed time.
The fact that we can see light that has traveled from other galaxies has no bearing on this knowledge so it's a moot point.

Quote:
Maybe the ancients were right after all, and the Earth really is the center of the Universe. It would pretty-much have to be, in order for Lessans to be correct. (Though once again, that raises the question of why the Universe is trying so hard to make us think that we're not the center of the Universe.)
It's all a matter of what one believes is true. What one believes, one will see. ;)

Old 07-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yep, says me, due to experience with crackpots.
Well, you didn't score with this one.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Says the all knowing almighty LadyShea. :lmao:
Why do we see the laser light on the moon 2.6 seconds after it leaves earth, instead of the 1.3 seconds that Lessans predicted? Note that this experiment has been conducted repeatedly for half a century.
I already answered this but you must have been sleeping. :giggle: Thanks for the video because it explained why we wouldn't see the flash of light in 1.3 seconds and it's not because it isn't there to be seen, but because the reflection is too small due to the size of the reflector and the size of the laser. There is no possible way a lens could detect a flash that small (regardless of the intensity of that beam) and that far away, even with the most powerful telescope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm
BTW, you have no audience here. No one gives a shit about what your father wrote, or your mentally retarded ravings. You have a few interlocutors who are unendingly astounded by your persistence, your mental incapacity and your dishonesty, and that is all you and Lessans have or ever will have.
How do you know people aren't interested in what I'm saying? Maybe some are here for the lulz, but some may not be. You don't know what they're thinking because you don't have ESP. In fact, I'm sure people are astounded at the awful vomitus that is coming from people's mouths just because they don't agree with me. It is a cautionary tale.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
No, I corrected that. Seeing only light would be the same time we would see neutrinos which is in delayed time. This does not contradict real time vision one bit. Another oops!

They would see the neutrino burst and the light burst simultaneously because they are both traveling at about the same speed.
Except Lessans said we see distant stars, of which only their light is visible, in "no time at all", not in delayed time. He also said we would see the Sun's explosion in real time...so why would see distant stars exploding in delayed time?

Do you disagree with Lessans?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (07-28-2014), The Lone Ranger (07-28-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
The light was reflected on a tiny reflective surface (18 square inches) which would be impossible to detect at that great distance even with a powerful telescope.
But it is detected by powerful optical instruments every day.
Thanks, from:
Old 07-27-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Except Lessans said we see distant stars, of which only their light is visible, in "no time at all", not in delayed time. He also said we would see the Sun's explosion in real time...so why would see distant stars exploding in delayed time?
Only because the Sun is close enough to us that we would be able to see the real thing (the ball of fire), not just the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
In keeping with this account, all that means is that our telescopes would see this light striking our telescopes in the present. This is something that even belligerent David could accept. But this has nothing to do with seeing the real world in real time due to light's presence. The very function of light is to be the bridge between the internal and external worlds. The external world does not enter our brains through light which then gets interpreted. I can't see light that hasn't arrived, that is true, which Lessans never disputed.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The light was reflected on a tiny reflective surface (18 square inches) which would be impossible to detect at that great distance even with a powerful telescope.
But it is detected by powerful optical instruments every day.
You're wrong about that. I'm talking about instruments here on Earth.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In keeping with this account, all that means is that our telescopes would see this light striking our telescopes in the present. This is something that even belligerent David could accept. But this has nothing to do with seeing the real world in real time due to light's presence. The very function of light is to be the bridge between the internal and external worlds. The external world does not enter our brains through light which then gets interpreted. I can't see light that hasn't arrived, that is true, which Lessans never disputed.
That's not at all what Lessans wrote. You are dishonest.
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (07-28-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's not at all what Lessans wrote. You are dishonest.
No I'm not dishonest. I'm only extending these principles, and I believe I'm extending them correctly. The Sun is a ball of fire which means the Sun is made up of matter. This means that if the Sun meets the conditions of brightness and size, that light would be at our eyes as quickly as it takes for light from a candle to reach our eyes. We would see the Sun in real time, not just light coming from a star. These are two entirely different things.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
I don't know what language you speak but I speak English.
And I don't know where you get your scientific knowledge from, but I don't get mine from children's websites. Perhaps this explains why you have the scientific understanding of a five year old, at best!

Your father's ideas are discredited and long proved wrong. This thread in this lonely corner of the internet is the most attention his ideas will ever have, and he'll be easily forgotten when you stop posting your ridiculous lies here. You're just another crackpot on the internet, peacegirl.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:02 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
This means that if the Sun meets the conditions of brightness and size, that light would be at our eyes as quickly as it takes for light from a candle to reach our eyes.
Which is over eight minutes, if the candle is where the sun is!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know what language you speak but I speak English.
And I don't know where you get your scientific knowledge from, but I don't get mine from children's websites. Perhaps this explains why you have the scientific understanding of a five year old, at best!

Your father's ideas are discredited and long proved wrong. This thread in this lonely corner of the internet is the most attention his ideas will ever have, and he'll be easily forgotten when you stop posting your ridiculous lies here. You're just another crackpot on the internet, peacegirl.
Think what you want Dragar, what will be will be and only time will tell who was right. It's interesting to observe that you didn't answer the post in an honest way. I did answer you correctly. Laser light is concentrated light. This came from a laser expert. Of course you would never admit that I was right about anything! :sadcheer:

Old 07-27-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I'm only extending these principles, and I believe I'm extending them correctly. The Sun is a ball of fire which means the Sun is made up of matter. This means that if the Sun meets the conditions of brightness and size, that light would be at our eyes as quickly as it takes for light from a candle to reach our eyes. We would see the Sun in real time, not just light coming from a star
The Sun is a star, all stars are made of matter. If we can see them, that means they meet the conditions...otherwise we couldn't see them correct?

Lessans said the distant stars are no different than the Sun and the moon, and according to you a candle :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessans
This proves conclusively that the distance between
someone looking, and the object seen, has no relation to time because
the images are not traveling towards the optic nerve on waves of light,
therefore it takes no time to see the moon, the sun, and the distant
stars.

Last edited by LadyShea; 07-28-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (07-28-2014), Dragar (07-28-2014), The Lone Ranger (07-28-2014)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This means that if the Sun meets the conditions of brightness and size, that light would be at our eyes as quickly as it takes for light from a candle to reach our eyes.
Which is over eight minutes, if the candle is where the sun is!
No Dragar, you're not right. I'm sorry to tell you this. Proportion is what counts, not distance and time. The Sun in proportion to the viewer is the same as the proportion of the candle to the viewer. It's just on a smaller scale. But what causes us to see in real time is not only the fact that the Sun and the viewer are in the same physical space, but that we see the Sun in real time due to efferent VISION, which cause the photons to be at the eye instantly, not in delayed time.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy