Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Default On decorating with words (or whatever)

I am starting this thread to run an idea by the advices machine here at :ff:. Others may need to do similar, so this here thread is for asking the :ff:olken "Classy or Trashy".

Okay, so we are building in a whole fucking wall o' shelves in Kiddo's room on accounta FAO Schwartz seems to be using it for overstock. The shelves will have like 2.5 inch wide facings. I was considering some word art on the facings, because my dad does lettering, and was looking for some quotes and stuff when I came across some vinyl wall art with Dr. Suess quotes and got all distracted with big ideas. Also, the morning of the day we met Kiddo, we bought "Oh the Places You'll Go" and I can't even read it to him on accounta the verklempt. So it's all manner of meaningful.

So, to get to Kiddo's room you walk through the hall and library, which are travel themed (and book themed too).

I am thinking of this in the hallway above the shadow boxes of all our travels I plan to make

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Then this quote in the library

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go."

Then this above Kiddo's bed

“So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.”

And I'm misty just posting that.

Anyway, too much? Stick with one only? Do something else?
Thanks, from:
Demimonde (02-01-2012), livius drusus (02-01-2012), Stormlight (02-03-2012), Watser? (02-01-2012)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Lifestyle