Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 10-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Flipper 11/11

Default WARNING: you don't exist

This one is for naturalist.atheist. I mean who or, what is he doing speculating on the nature of what things are? :wink:

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 10-26-2008, 12:11 PM

Default Re: WARNING: you don't exist

First.

--J.D.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Flipper 11/11

Sure, if he were just speaking from the standpoint of trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. But, judging by the video itself and, the tone of his voice, I would say no, he doesn't come across that way.

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Flipper 11/11

Or, maybe the fact we exist or, think that we exist, is just a big joke? :dunno: I'm sure that it is to at least one or two of us.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:21 PM

--J.D.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Flipper 11/11

From oblivion is whence we came, and oblivion is thence we go. So, how do we know that there was anything "real" in-between?

That is a better image by the way, it looks more wholesome ... more like the girl in the video.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:48 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
So, how do we know that there was anything "real" in-between?
I can't even imagine asking that question. Whatever I experience is reality to me. I don't care if it's really real or whatever.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Flipper 11/11

Eh, that's what one of the guys said in the video, that the only thing real to us is what we experience. Of course that implies that we are conscious and aware and living in "the now" which, they questioned whether it really existed or not either.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus View Post
Eh, that's what one of the guys said in the video, that the only thing real to us is what we experience. Of course that implies that we are conscious and aware and living in "the now" which, they questioned whether it really existed or not either.
And the simplest answer is another question, "Who cares?" Are you experiencing something? Then that's your reality.

All this other stuff is just naval gazing...interesting to think about sometimes, kinda.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Quality Contributor

OMG, this is such a scam! I clicked on the "subscribe" button in youtube to see Tania naked and ... nothing! :glare:

You have been warned!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Flipper 11/11

Well, did you click on the other button? Or, maybe that's the whole point, that it's all in your head? :dunno: I honestly don't know?

I'm kind of glad that it wasn't there (I didn't click on it myself), because it meant that they were more serious about the discussion, at least to me.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Quality Contributor

Quote:
Well, did you click on the other button? Or, maybe that's the whole point, that it's all in your head? :wink: I honestly don't know?
Well, it bloody well is all in my head now, isn't it! Anyway, I wasn't being serious here.

Quote:
I'm kind of glad that it wasn't there (I didn't click on it myself), because it meant that they were more serious about the discussion, at least to me.
Agreed.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
And the simplest answer is another question, "Who cares?" Are you experiencing something? Then that's your reality.
Oh, they touched on that too, the nature of which experiences are more fruitful (enjoyable) and productive ... that we should strive for what we find enjoyable, so long as it doesn't come back and smack us in the face. I think these are questions that we all have to ask ourselves.

Quote:
All this other stuff is just naval gazing...interesting to think about sometimes, kinda.
While admittedly, much of it seemed rather silly or, in excess, it looked like they were having fun anyway.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:24 PM

:brooding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
OMG, this is such a scam! I clicked on the "subscribe" button in youtube to see Tania naked and ... nothing! :glare:

You have been warned!
Your punishment for straying from your Messiah.

Who gives you the NBL? :pout:

--J.D.
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (10-26-2008)
Old 10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
So, how do we know that there was anything "real" in-between?
I can't even imagine asking that question. Whatever I experience is reality to me. I don't care if it's really real or whatever.
Actually, this question only arises (its implications) when we are hard set on attaining oblivion when we die. Neither did they touch on this much in the video, for they said they were more interested in exploring it from a scientific standpoint.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy