#51001  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:39 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Reading Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
My apologies. How silly of me to think that clear and accurate communication might have been a goal of yours.
This is the funniest of all as if you are equating my use of "I could care less" to discredit this book. :eek:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-01-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51002  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:52 PM
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
The Lone Ranger The Lone Ranger is offline
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCCL
Images: 523
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Nah. I'm just pointing out that you can't convey a coherent thought to save your life. And what's more, you don't seem to be interested in doing so.

You don't need my help to discredit the book; you do a fabulous job on your own.
__________________
ďThe greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.Ē
-- Socrates
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (05-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #51003  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:05 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Nah. I'm just pointing out that you can't convey a coherent thought to save your life. And what's more, you don't seem to be interested in doing so.

You don't need my help to discredit the book; you do a fabulous job on your own.
You are extremely unreflecting Lone Ranger. But believe what you want. I have no desire to discuss this book any further with you.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51004  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:24 PM
The Lone Ranger's Avatar
The Lone Ranger The Lone Ranger is offline
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCCL
Images: 523
Default Re: A revolution in thought

You don't even know what that means, do you?


Anyway, this is where you go back to insisting that people should stop thinking so much and instead accept you at your word that the Holy Text (or rather, your rewritten version of it) is utterly free of contradiction and error. Yes?
__________________
ďThe greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be.Ē
-- Socrates
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #51005  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:33 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMLXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You could teach bullshit 101. That's why I must find a new forum. I can no longer deal with the likes of you and your delusions with nothing to stop you!
Ciao, peacegirl :wave: See you at the next forum.
I'm telling you right now, you will be banned in a moderated forum.
You'd better listen up, Chuck. Getting banned from moderated forums is the sole field in which peacegirl possesses actual expertise. :yup:
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), But (05-02-2017), ChuckF (05-01-2017), The Man (05-01-2017)
  #51006  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
You don't even know what that means, do you?


Anyway, this is where you go back to insisting that people should stop thinking so much and instead accept you at your word that the Holy Text (or rather, your rewritten version of it) is utterly free of contradiction and error. Yes?
There is no contradiction in his layout of determinism.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51007  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:12 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCLXXXVI
Default Re: A revolution in thought

I must say that Peacegirl is persistent, she continues in spite of continued resistance, believing that her father was infallible and everything he wrote was perfect and she then corrupted it to make it more perfect. I must admire her tenacity even though I can see where she is totally wrong.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-03-2017)
  #51008  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:14 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCLXXXVI
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
There is no contradiction in his layout of determinism.
Except that he was totally wrong, Lessans was wrong.
__________________
The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about. Wayne Dyer
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-02-2017)
  #51009  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:18 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

duplicate
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #51010  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:30 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
It doesn't need a record because this was not a hypothesis that required testing in support of a hunch.
So the claims were based on a hunch now? I thought they were based on "myriad" observations. Where does the hunch come in? Is there any reason to believe that the hunch is correct? What evidence supports the hunch? How is a hunch different from a hypothesis?
I'm sure they have slightly different meanings, but he did not start off having a hunch or a hypothesis which required data collection. He was a voracious reader of literature and philosophy and made the discovery unexpectedly. But it took many more years to understand its full significance and to put it into the kind of words that could be understood by others.
Quote:
His claims can be tested in various ways. First off, you can observe how excuses and rationalization are created to mitigate a criminal action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Ok, peacegirl; who should be observed?
Everyone who is a participant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
When should they be observed?
In the home, at work, etc. If he is right, behavior will remain the same as long as the principles are being applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
What data should be collected? Should they be observed once or more than once? Should they know that they are being observed? How should they be observed? How will the observation be controlled? How will we analyze the observations to determine whether or not the claim is correct? What outcome would tend to prove that the claim is correct? What outcome would tend to prove that the claim is not correct?
What data other than to observe the changed behavior due to the changed environment. If they are participants they would agree to being observed, which is the whole point of the experiment. How can there be a control group when everyone in the experiment is part of the experiment? The control group are all those who are not part of the simulation.
Quote:
Another way would be to simulate the type of environment that would bring about these incredible changes but on a smaller scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Ok, peacegirl; what environment should be simulated?
The requirements of the new world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
How will it be simulated?
By creating such an environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
What controls will be imposed on the simulation?
There need not be any controls because the principles should cause a change in behavior across the board. The only exception would be someone who is already mentally ill to the degree that his conscience has no control over his behavior. Once children grow up in this new environment, mental illness will be a thing of the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Who should participate in the environment?
Anyone who wants to be a participant whether it's a simulated environment or the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
How will their participation be measured? What types of changes should be measured? How will they be measured? How will the measurements be analyzed to determine whether or not the claim is correct? What outcome would tend to prove that the claim is correct? What outcome would tend to prove that the claim is not correct?
There is no need for measurement in the classical sense. The outcome will be plainly observed when crime, hatred, or cheating at the expense of others (in other words, striking a first blow) are no longer part of everyday life.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill

Last edited by peacegirl; 05-19-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51011  
Old 05-19-2017, 05:00 PM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCXXXII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Lol, fuck off.
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
  #51012  
Old 05-19-2017, 05:25 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Lol, fuck off.
You have no power here. Be gone! :wave:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51013  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:20 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIV
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

So, peacegirl, there is no evidence or reason to believe that the Author ever made any observations, much less any astute observations. He never wrote them down, or analyzed them, or demonstrated an analysis of how those observations gave rise to a particular claim.

And yet, the expectation appears to be that leading scientists* investigate these claims to determine if they are correct. peacegirl, why should any leading scientist investigate a claim in the absence of any data to suggest that the claim may be true, or any evidence of some observation that such claim may be true? Indeed, even if a leading scientist desired to do so, no such investigation of these claims is possible, because it is impossible to test or replicate a claim with no knowledge or evidence of the observations and analysis that inform that claim. Since the Author did not record his observations or his analysis of them, there is no way to design an experiment to test the claim based on those observations.

To the extent that his observations overlap with established science, they are demonstrably wrong by an enormous weight of evidence - evidence the size of the moons of Jupiter, and indeed the universe itself.

peacegirl, didn't your father spend almost 30 years working on this? During that time, why didn't he ever write down his myriad observations to enable leading scientists to investigate his claims? Rather, an impossible demand is made: science must investigate a claim which no facts support, no data substantive, no observations have been made, and no analysis has been done.

That is, of course, an absurd position to advance.

However, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I am able to save the Authentic Text from absurdity by my true exegesis. Your Corrupted Text I cannot save, but the Authentic Text I can salvage from your ruin.

*Not political scientists.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), But (05-19-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
  #51014  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIV
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

As an aside, it is nice to be back in my Revolution in Thought thread! Home, sweet home.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
  #51015  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:36 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
So, peacegirl, there is no evidence or reason to believe that the Author ever made any observations, much less any astute observations. He never wrote them down, or analyzed them, or demonstrated an analysis of those observations gave rise to a particular claim.
He actually did write his observations down that gave rise to a particular claim chuck. If you had read the book you would have known that. You may pooh pooh his observations because he didn't use empirical testing (the gold standard of scientific research), but that's not the only way to truth. That being said, his claim can be empirically tested on a smaller scale. In the final analysis, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. If he is right, these principles, once they become a permanent condition of the environment, will change our world for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
And yet, the expectation appears to be that leading scientists* investigate these claims to determine if they are correct. peacegirl, why should any leading scientist investigate a claim in the absence of any data to suggest that the claim may be true, or any evidence of some observation that such claim may be true? How could a leading scientist replicate a claim with no knowledge of the observations and analysis that inform that claim? With no evidence of the observations, it is impossible to construct an experiment to test the claim.
What are you talking about chuck? The observations and the inferences that came from those observations are spelled out in detail. Replication won't be easy but it's not impossible especially if people want to see whether this knowledge is genuine. After all, if this knowledge is truly genuine, the stakes are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
peacegirl, didn't your father spend almost 30 years working on this? During that time, why didn't he ever write down his myriad observations to enable leading scientists to investigate his claims? Rather, an impossible demand is made: science must investigate a claim which no facts support, no data suubstantive, no observations have been made, and no analysis has been done.

*Not political scientists.
You are wrong as wrong can be. Do you even know what his observations were? Do you understand why he claimed man's will is not free? It's not because he didn't explain his findings or write them down. :nope:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51016  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:40 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
As an aside, it is nice to be back in my Revolution in Thought thread! Home, sweet home.
I don't mind talking to you if you have real questions. If you keep up with your shenanigans, being back to my (not your) Revolution in Thought thread will be short lived. I just saw that you started your shenanigans again. It didn't take long, did it? You're ruining it for anyone who may actually be interested. :sadcheer:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51017  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIV
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
He actually did write his observations down that gave rise to a particular claim chuck.
Fantastic! Whom did he observe? In which situations? During which events? Which behaviors did they exhibit? What were their ages? What were their backgrounds? What were their socio-economic conditions? When did he observe them? Where did he observe them? Under what conditions did he observe them? Did he observe them under many different conditions, or under the same conditions? For how long did he observe them? Did the behaviors he observed change over time? Did he observe them more than once? What controls were in place when he observed them? Did they know they were being observed? How did he record his observations?

Just a few minutes ago you said that he never recorded his observations. So is there any evidence to support your assertion that he made these observations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
If you had read the book you would have known that. You may pooh pooh his observations because he didn't use empirical testing (the gold standard of scientific research), but that's not the only way to finding truth. That being said, his claim can be empirically tested. Ultimately, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
I cannot speak to your Corrupted Text. The Authentic Text makes a great number of claims. But it does not present any evidence or data to support those claims, or to give any reason to believe that those claims are true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
What are you talking about chuck? The observations and the inferences that came from those observations are spelled out in detail.
Great! What methods did he use to analyze his observations? What were the outcomes of that analysis? Which specific outcomes of those analyses inform the relationship between the observations and the claims?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are wrong as wrong can be. Do you even know what his observations were? Do you understand why he claimed man's will is not free? It's not because he didn't explain his findings or write them down. :nope:
peacegirl, of course he claimed that; he simply omitted to include any reason that anyone should believe that his claim is actually true.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-19-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
  #51018  
Old 05-19-2017, 06:46 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIV
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
As an aside, it is nice to be back in my Revolution in Thought thread! Home, sweet home.
I don't mind talking to you if you have real questions. If you keep up with your shenanigans, being back to my (not your) Revolution in Thought thread will be short lived.
:lol: Oh, peacegirl, you lie constantly. This is my thread and it will continue as long as I want it to continue, for my own amusement and that of my associates here.
Quote:
I just saw that you started your shenanigans again. It didn't take long, did it? You're ruining it for anyone who may actually be interested. :sadcheer:
peacegirl, I cannot quite decide how to reply to this, so you can choose your own adventure:

(1) peacegirl, your Corrupted Text has ruined it for anyone who may actually be interested in the Authentic Text and its true exegesis. Fortunately, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I am here to rescue it from the violence you have done for it through the years.

Or

(2) peacegirl, no one gives a fuck about your idiot father's nonsense babble.

Up to you.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-19-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
  #51019  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:00 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
As an aside, it is nice to be back in my Revolution in Thought thread! Home, sweet home.
I don't mind talking to you if you have real questions. If you keep up with your shenanigans, being back to my (not your) Revolution in Thought thread will be short lived.
:lol: Oh, peacegirl, you lie constantly. This is my thread and it will continue as long as I want it to continue, for my own amusement and that of my associates here.
Quote:
I just saw that you started your shenanigans again. It didn't take long, did it? You're ruining it for anyone who may actually be interested. :sadcheer:
peacegirl, I cannot quite decide how to reply to this, so you can choose your own adventure:

(1) peacegirl, your Corrupted Text has ruined it for anyone who may actually be interested in the Authentic Text and its true exegesis. Fortunately, as the True Steward of the Authentic Text, I am here to rescue it from the violence you have done for it through the years.

Or

(2) peacegirl, no one gives a fuck about your idiot father's nonsense babble.

Up to you.
I knew you didn't have it in you. You couldn't step out of your fake persona for a minute. Discussion over.
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
  #51020  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:03 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIV
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Goodbye again forever, peacegirl! :wave:

Friends, now that peacegirl has once again decided that her Corrupted Text cannot be defended in view of the Authentic Text, and ended the discussion, I am pleased to resume administering my thread as the True Steward of the Authentic Text.

I am happy to welcome (back) all who reject the Corrupted Text to my thread :welcome2:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-19-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
  #51021  
Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMCMLXXXIX
Default Re: A revolution in thought

This is a prescious, prescious thread. Some might even call it "juicy" and express an overpowering desire to bite it.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), ChuckF (05-19-2017), Spacemonkey (05-20-2017), The Man (05-19-2017)
  #51022  
Old 05-19-2017, 09:00 PM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Mayor of Mayonnaise
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CDXI
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Goodbye forever again, peacegirl! Au revoir! Too-do-loo! See you soon! :wave:

How wonderful that this thrad has been revived, with peacegirl again leaving it forever only to return soon! :cheer:

Unfortunately :sadcheer: she is not privy to the private threads in which ChuckF, the True Steward of the Authentic Text, has expounded so brilliantly upon it.

On a down note, I noticed that ChuckF offered to hook peacegirl up with that nice Jerome. What is Flo, chopped liver? :confused: I had to kick my three husbands to the curb and now my only solace is whiskey. Canít I be hooked up with Jerome? He seems like a bit of a cloaca, but then what man isnít?
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), ChuckF (05-19-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-19-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #51023  
Old 05-19-2017, 09:21 PM
ChuckF's Avatar
ChuckF ChuckF is offline
liar in wolf's clothing
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Frequently about
Posts: XVMMMDXLIV
Images: 2
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Oh Flo, you inveterate old floozy. Jerome is a cuddler. We know you're only in it for the dinner table rumpy-pumpy, and then it's off to sleep alone with Mr. Dickel!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-19-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #51024  
Old 05-22-2017, 05:02 PM
Florence Jellem's Avatar
Florence Jellem Florence Jellem is offline
Mayor of Mayonnaise
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: CDXI
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Oh Flo, you inveterate old floozy. Jerome is a cuddler. We know you're only in it for the dinner table rumpy-pumpy, and then it's off to sleep alone with Mr. Dickel!
Itís true, dear, Flo must confess. As I lie abed morning, noon and night, watching those dear boys on Fox News stoke white male grievance, a nice bottle of Irish whiskey is constantly at my side. If the truth be told, even when I was married, Flo preferred Mr. Dickel to Mr. Dick, pardon my French. Thatís why I approve of all that stuff in the Authentic Text about how in the New World, it will be mathematically impossible for married couples to desire to share the same bed ó you know, the stuff that peacegirl completely rewrote in the Corrupted Text. As by now we have all learned from intensive study of the Authentic Text, to forestall a first blow, it will not only be necessary for married couples to forego the same bed; they shall have to live in separate houses, on different continents, and eventually ó when this becomes scientifically practicable ó they shall be compelled of their own free will to dwell on different planets.

Has that little skank peacegirl explained yet why she rewrote the marriage-bed part of the Authentic Text to insert her own vile corruptions? Or ó better still ó has she explained why she rewrote the part where the author plainly states that if God turned on the sun at noon, it would take time for people on earth to see it because the light would need time to reach the eye, to saying the exact opposite: people on earth would see the sun instantly, because the light is at the eye even before it gets there?
__________________
:sammich: :sammich: :sammich:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-24-2017), ChuckF (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
  #51025  
Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMMMCDXXVII
Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence Jellem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckF View Post
Oh Flo, you inveterate old floozy. Jerome is a cuddler. We know you're only in it for the dinner table rumpy-pumpy, and then it's off to sleep alone with Mr. Dickel!
It’s true, dear, Flo must confess. As I lie abed morning, noon and night, watching those dear boys on Fox News stoke white male grievance, a nice bottle of Irish whiskey is constantly at my side. If the truth be told, even when I was married, Flo preferred Mr. Dickel to Mr. Dick, pardon my French. That’s why I approve of all that stuff in the Authentic Text about how in the New World, it will be mathematically impossible for married couples to desire to share the same bed — you know, the stuff that peacegirl completely rewrote in the Corrupted Text. As by now we have all learned from intensive study of the Authentic Text, to forestall a first blow, it will not only be necessary for married couples to forego the same bed; they shall have to live in separate houses, on different continents, and eventually — when this becomes scientifically practicable — they shall be compelled of their own free will to dwell on different planets.

Has that little skank peacegirl explained yet why she rewrote the marriage-bed part of the Authentic Text to insert her own vile corruptions? Or — better still — has she explained why she rewrote the part where the author plainly states that if God turned on the sun at noon, it would take time for people on earth to see it because the light would need time to reach the eye, to saying the exact opposite: people on earth would see the sun instantly, because the light is at the eye even before it gets there?
He knew he was correct about the eyes. That being said, all of his discoveries were made after years of reading, studying, and analysis. He must have realized that if we saw the Sun turned on 8 minutes later, it would be delayed, which goes back to the afferent account. He must have realized his error and corrected it in his later books. So what! Are you going to throw out his entire life's work because of this? Of course you will! :angry:
__________________
"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"The fatal tendency of mankind to leave off thinking about a thing
which is no longer doubtful is the cause of half their errors" -- John Stuart Mill
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.88702 seconds with 14 queries