Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News

Quote:
Documents obtained by CBS News show that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) discussed using their covert operation "Fast and Furious" to argue for controversial new rules about gun sales.

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

On July 14, 2010 after ATF headquarters in Washington D.C. received an update on Fast and Furious, ATF Field Ops Assistant Director Mark Chait emailed Bill Newell, ATF's Phoenix Special Agent in Charge of Fast and Furious:

"Bill - can you see if these guns were all purchased from the same (licensed gun dealer) and at one time. We are looking at anecdotal cases to support a demand letter on long gun multiple sales. Thanks."
I told you so. Conspiracy theories are real.

:mlpsmug:
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is offline
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDCXXXII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Seems more like a sleazy last ditch attempt to benefit from a serious fuck up.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (12-08-2011)
  #3  
Old 12-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Yah, I don't see where the (poorly conceived) plan was implemented in order to justify this rule. More like after they realized how phenomenally stupid and dangerous the thing they encouraged gun vendors to do was, they though that, hey, maybe it's also stupid and dangerous when it happens without our encouragement.
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Yah, I don't see where the (poorly conceived) plan was implemented in order to justify this rule. More like after they realized how phenomenally stupid and dangerous the thing they encouraged gun vendors to do was, they though that, hey, maybe it's also stupid and dangerous when it happens without our encouragement.
No, they actually said it was their purpose to manipulate the proles to gain a new law.

Government preformed illegal acts with the intention of causing a problem for the purpose of gaining new powers.

These are the same guys that have just been caught laundering money for the Drug Cartels.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: VDCCLXXXVIII
Images: 157
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post

No, they actually said it was their purpose to manipulate the proles to gain a new law.
LOL citation?
__________________
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie...:sauron:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
citation?
OP
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:09 AM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: VDCCLXXXVIII
Images: 157
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
citation?
OP
The OP does not state what you claim.

Try again?
__________________
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie...:sauron:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Does too.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: VDCCLXXXVIII
Images: 157
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Does too.
Wonderful.
Feel free to copy the exact sentence(s) right here:

..........
__________________
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie...:sauron:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

I don't work for you.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:06 AM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: VDCCLXXXVIII
Images: 157
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
I don't work for you.
And apparently you don't support your claims, either.
I win. Naturally.
__________________
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie...:sauron:
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I win. Naturally.
Not if you keep bumping the OP.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Sauron's Avatar
Sauron Sauron is offline
Dark Lord, on the Dark Throne
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: VDCCLXXXVIII
Images: 157
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
I win. Naturally.
Not if you keep bumping the OP.
Bumping the OP only lets more people see you running from supporting your claim = moar win for me.
__________________
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie...:sauron:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Jerome (12-09-2011)
  #14  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Ari's Avatar
Ari Ari is offline
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Posts: MXDCXXXII
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations


:popcorn:

Jerome, great example of how looking backwards it's easy to assume cleverness instead of dumb opportunity.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post

Jerome, great example of how looking backwards it's easy to assume cleverness instead of dumb opportunity.
At the same time they were laundering money for the same drug cartels to whom they were illegally selling guns.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

U.S. Drug Agents Launder Profits of Mexican Cartels - NYTimes.com

By GINGER THOMPSON
Published: December 3, 2011

WASHINGTON — Undercover American narcotics agents have laundered or smuggled millions of dollars in drug proceeds as part of Washington’s expanding role in Mexico’s fight against drug cartels, according to current and former federal law enforcement officials.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post

Jerome, great example of how looking backwards it's easy to assume cleverness instead of dumb opportunity.
At the same time they were laundering money for the same drug cartels to whom they were illegally selling guns.
Apparently the DEA and the ATF are actually the same agency. They just use different names to confuse the criminals.
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-09-2011), chunksmediocrites (12-09-2011), Nullifidian (12-09-2011), Pan Narrans (12-11-2011), Qingdai (12-09-2011), Sauron (12-09-2011), Stormlight (12-09-2011), Watser? (12-09-2011)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.63062 seconds with 15 queries