Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexicans

Critics: 'Tough' sheriff botched sex-crime cases - Boston.com

Quote:
...more than 400 sex-crimes [were] reported to Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s office during a three-year period ending in 2007 — including dozens of alleged child molestations — that were inadequately investigated and in some instances were not worked at all, according to current and former police officers familiar with the cases.

In El Mirage alone, where Arpaio’s office was providing contract police services, officials discovered at least 32 reported child molestations — with victims as young as 2 years old — where the sheriff’s office failed to follow through, even though suspects were known in all but six cases.

Many of the victims, said a retired El Mirage police official who reviewed the files, were children of illegal immigrants.

The botched sex-crimes investigations have served as an embarrassment to a department whose sheriff is the self-described “America’s Toughest Sheriff’’ and a national hero to conservatives on the immigration issue.

...

Arpaio’s office was under contract to provide police services in El Mirage as the city struggled with its then dysfunctional department. After the contract ended and El Mirage was re-establishing its own police operation, the city spent a year sifting through layers of disturbingly incomplete casework.
Heck of a job, Joe!
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (12-06-2011), ChuckF (12-05-2011), chunksmediocrites (12-05-2011), Clutch Munny (12-06-2011), Deadlokd (12-06-2011), Demimonde (12-05-2011), erimir (12-05-2011), freemonkey (12-06-2011), Janet (12-07-2011), Kael (12-05-2011), Kyuss Apollo (12-05-2011), LadyShea (12-05-2011), lisarea (12-05-2011), livius drusus (12-05-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Sauron (12-07-2011), Sock Puppet (12-05-2011), SR71 (12-07-2011), Stephen Maturin (12-05-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011), viscousmemories (12-06-2011), Watser? (12-05-2011)
  #2  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 PM
chunksmediocrites's Avatar
chunksmediocrites chunksmediocrites is offline
ne plus ultraviolet
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portland Oregon USA
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCMLXXXIV
Images: 295
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Hey, in Joe Arpaio's defense, I think he was really, really busy investigating Obama's birth certificate.
Joe Arpaio: Hawaiian Twins and Microfiche Could Be the Key to Solving Barack Obama "Birther" Mystery
__________________
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (12-05-2011), Gonzo (12-06-2011), Kael (12-05-2011), LadyShea (12-05-2011), lisarea (12-05-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Sauron (12-07-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011), Watser? (12-06-2011)
  #3  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

True, true.

It's also possible that he ran into scheduling conflicts trying to secure Jean Claude Van Damme's availability to run over the suspects with a tank.
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (12-05-2011), Clutch Munny (12-06-2011), erimir (12-05-2011), Gonzo (12-06-2011), LadyShea (12-05-2011), lisarea (12-05-2011), livius drusus (12-05-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Sock Puppet (12-05-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011)
  #4  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

LMAO!!!

He is investigating Obama and Obama may not be allowed on the ballot, therefore CHILD SEX ABUSE!!!!!!!!
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Posts: XMVDCCXLIX
Images: 29
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
LMAO!!!

He is investigating Obama instead of doing his job, therefore CHILD SEX ABUSE goes on without investigation in his jurisdiction!!!!!!!!
There ya go.
__________________
"Trans Am Jesus" is "what hanged me"
ARMORED HOT DOG
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Crumb (12-06-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Pan Narrans (12-06-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011), Watser? (12-06-2011)
  #6  
Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 AM
Demimonde's Avatar
Demimonde Demimonde is offline
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edge of Society
Gender: Female
Posts: VMMCDLXI
Blog Entries: 5
Images: 28
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
LMAO!!!

He is investigating Obama and Obama may not be allowed on the ballot, therefore CHILD SEX ABUSE!!!!!!!!
I have to say JEROME, that is disgusting even for you.
__________________
:boobkicker:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011)
  #7  
Old 12-06-2011, 04:51 AM
seebs seebs is offline
God Made Me A Skeptic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: VMMCCXCVI
Images: 1
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Jerome, let's start from the top.

In general, would you agree that the police ought to investigate credible accounts of children being raped, especially those where specific suspects have been identified?

See, I think you're missing the point. The thing about the birth certificate is relevant only because it highlights how stupid the waste of time was; the fact is, anything he'd been doing which was less important than reducing the frequency with which children get raped would have looked like a waste of time. Now, I know that for you, this would seem like a distant Nth-place priority after important stuff, like lying on the Internet. But many of us would view preventing children from getting raped as a higher priority.
__________________
Hear me / and if I close my mind in fear / please pry it open
See me / and if my face becomes sincere / beware
Hold me / and when I start to come undone / stitch me together
Save me / and when you see me strut / remind me of what left this outlaw torn
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (12-06-2011), Crumb (12-06-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011)
  #8  
Old 12-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Nutty Legionnaire Provost
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMCCCX
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
LMAO!!!
:nope: That is factually incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
and Obama may not be allowed on the ballot
:laugh:

legal conclusion itt

Once again, you've failed to avail yourself of the list.
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (12-06-2011), chunksmediocrites (12-06-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Sauron (12-07-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), The Man (12-06-2011), Watser? (12-06-2011)
  #9  
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Who is investigating Arpaio?

How long have they been investigating?

:chin:
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

...which seamlessly brings us into the next phase: when you do not like the facts, say it is a conspiracy, and then you can use them in any way you please.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (12-07-2011)
  #11  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Remember when Martha Stewart when to jail for not testifying against herself?
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
...which seamlessly brings us into the next phase: when you do not like the facts, say it is a conspiracy, and then you can use them in any way you please.
That is pretty much the contention of those that ignore the facts regarding Obama's birth condition.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
...which seamlessly brings us into the next phase: when you do not like the facts, say it is a conspiracy, and then you can use them in any way you please.
That is pretty much the contention of those that ignore the facts regarding Obama's birth condition.
Thus justifying you doing it?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Ensign Steve's Avatar
Ensign Steve Ensign Steve is offline
more of a before rehab friend
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Silicon Valley
Gender: Bender
Posts: XXXCLX
Images: 66
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Quote:
Many of the victims, said a retired El Mirage police official who reviewed the files, were children of illegal immigrants.
Well, there's your problem right there. Last time I checked, human rights, civil rights, and the bill of rights only applies to tried and true American citizens, and people who come into this country legally (which is totally possible and easy to do, I don't know why everybody just doesn't do it and then all these problems would just go away). If those little brown babies didn't want to be touched, they should have stayed where they came from. An electrified border fence would have prevented this whole tragedy, but does anybody listen? :sigh:
__________________
:kiwf::smurf:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (12-06-2011), Anastasia Beaverhausen (12-07-2011), BrotherMan (12-06-2011), Janet (12-07-2011), LadyShea (12-06-2011), livius drusus (12-06-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Pan Narrans (12-06-2011), Sauron (12-07-2011), SharonDee (12-06-2011), SR71 (12-08-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011)
  #15  
Old 12-06-2011, 04:45 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
Who is investigating Arpaio?

How long have they been investigating?

:chin:
From the quoted bit of the article:
Quote:
Arpaio’s office was under contract to provide police services in El Mirage as the city struggled with its then dysfunctional department. After the contract ended and El Mirage was re-establishing its own police operation, the city spent a year sifting through layers of disturbingly incomplete casework.
More from the link:
Quote:
El Mirage Detective Jerry Laird, who reviewed some the investigations, learned from a sheriff’s summary of 50 to 75 cases files he picked up from Arpaio’s office that an overwhelming majority of them hadn’t been worked.

That meant there were no follow-up reports, no collection of additional forensic evidence and zero effort made after the initial report of the crime was taken.


Another internal affairs investigation, launched in May 2008, was stopped after the investigator was pulled away at the direction of David Hendershott, then the top aide to Arpaio, to help with another matter. The internal probe was reopened in December 2010 while Hendershott was on medical leave, according to the 2011 summary.

Hendershott’s account conflicted with others.

Hendershott, who has since resigned amid separate misconduct allegations and declined a request by the AP to comment, told investigators the internal affairs inquiry was still in progress when he went on medical leave in 2010.

Still, Hendershott told investigators that the El Mirage Police Department had good reason to be upset about the sex-crimes handled by the sheriff’s office.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Adam (12-06-2011), Crumb (12-06-2011), freemonkey (12-06-2011), livius drusus (12-06-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Qingdai (12-06-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011), Vivisectus (12-06-2011)
  #16  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

The Con got to Hendershot, obviously. Probably the smoking man.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

He has been investigated by the FBI since 2008 and was investigated by a federal grand jury.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
He has been investigated by the FBI since 2008 and was investigated by a federal grand jury.
For what? This?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME DA GNOME View Post
He has been investigated by the FBI since 2008 and was investigated by a federal grand jury.
For what? This?
It was an elaborate fishing expedition, officially 'corruption'.

It looks like this El Mirage Police Dept. that could not police their own city and asked for the Sheriff's assistance has been placed as the voice for the CHILD SEX CRIMES headlines.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Vivisectus's Avatar
Vivisectus Vivisectus is offline
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: VMMCCCLIII
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

In all fairness, Jerome is probably too busy to read the whole article. The panto-season is always a busy time for Gnomes.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Janet (12-07-2011), Nullifidian (12-06-2011), Stormlight (12-07-2011)
  #21  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

El Mirage - I can't do my job, please help!

Sheriff - OK, we will assist you in policing your city.

El Mirage - You suck at doing my job! CHILD SEX!!11!!!111
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

El Mirage, AZ American Recovery & Reinvestment Act . Compare, reviews & ratings.

El Mirage, AZ American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

City of El Mirage El Mirage AZ Grants $2,376.00
City of El Mirage El Mirage AZ Grants $1,059.00
City of El Mirage El Mirage AZ Grants $40,458.00
City of El Mirage El Mirage AZ Grants $1,059.00
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

3 El Mirage firefighter jobs lost to layoffs now restored
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

What on Earth is your point? Arpaio accepted the contract, accepted the 2.5 million, then failed to do the job adequately.

He failed to uphold his end of the deal.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCCI
Default Re: Arizona: Non-consensual fucking, how does it...who cares, let's go round up Mexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
What on Earth is your point? Arpaio accepted the contract, accepted the 2.5 million, then failed to do the job adequately.

He failed to uphold his end of the deal.
There is no evidence that he failed to uphold his end of the deal, that is just an accusation by one of the parties to the deal.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 1.70253 seconds with 13 queries