Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Default Re: the end of an era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
There is still the difficulty of 'Innocent till proven Guilty', and I don't know who knew what, when, and how much? But I'm sure the press and many others will crucify everyone involved.
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the grand jury report (pdf). It's sick-making, of course.

I'm curious, thedoc. If someone came to you and told you he had seen one of your underlings sodomizing a ten year old, what would you do?

Report what I knew to the authorities, and do what I could to seperate that person from young people, Remembering that everyone has legal limits to what they can and cannot do. Or do you prefer something simple, like a lynch mob?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
But take heart thedoc, you are not alone in your outrage.

For the record, I really don't care that Joe-pa got fired, I do care that young boys were molested, and I hope that those responsable are held accountable. But I prefer that proper legal procedures are followed, so that they are put away, and do not get off because of some technicality. Those students who are rioting are probably good recrutement material for the KKK, extremely narrow minded and stupid.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacchus View Post
That I think would be closer to the truth ... although I don't know if he actually lied about it or not? You'd think so if there was some sort of cover up involved.

There was definately a 'cover up' the question is by who?

And for all you magots in the gang, I had a grandson in the program, so you can go FUCK your selves.
Yesterday you were all about innocent until proven guilty and JoePa having to act within the limits of the law and how the press was crucifying everyone involved. You wouldn't even answer when I asked if you would have reported the incident to the police rather than just to your superiors.

Now all of the sudden you say there was "definitely" a cover-up, that you don't care that Paterno was fired and everyone should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and rot in jail. Why the change?
No change, you're just too stupid to read what is written. Perhaps that should include biased as well.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

I'm fairly certain thedoc can speak on his own behalf.

eta Ah. There you go. He's been entirely consistent. I'm just stupid. I guess that means you're stupid too, Iacchus, since you suggested he might have had mixed feelings.

eata Oh, and he edited in "biased" as well. What a shame that he would insult you like that, Iacchus. I thought you two were becoming friends.
Thanks, from:
The Man (12-16-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Flipper 11/11

Baits me Norman? :dunno:

Oh, as for me being stupid, that's another story. I know practically everyone else has reminded me of this, but no, I never really got that impression from him. At least not yet. :giggle:

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 11-12-2011, 03:54 AM

Well, if stupidity and bias are the only reasons anyone could think thedoc's position in this thread has been less than entirely consistent, I'm afraid that includes you too. Thus in his fervor to insult me, he has insulted you.
Thanks, from:
The Man (12-16-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Flipper 11/11

Well, you'd be surprised what people will say when they're angry. I guess I'm more concerned that it's not directed towards me which, in this case I don't think it is.

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 11-12-2011, 03:56 AM

Oh, I'm not surprised. Bemused is more like it.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

I'm only thinking, where does butt hurt come into all of this. Not actual real butt hurt, but the interwebs kind. Some sort of gang involvement apparently.

:hm:
Old 11-12-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
I guess I'm more concerned that it's not directed towards me which, in this case I don't think it is.
It isn't, but livius seems to be desperate to shift the attention to someone else.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Rosetta Stoned

I found it interesting when the assistant coach said that Paterno would go down in history as one of the greatest men.

Really? One of history's greatest men? Because he coached college football for many years? Seriously? Thousands of years from now he will be remembered along side Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, William Shakespeare, Martin Luther King Jr., Faraday, Piccasso, Nightengale, Locke, Helen Keller. Along these giants resides Joe-Fucking-Paterno? Yeah. He deserves it. We'll engrave his name right next to Haywood Jablowmeh.

Ass.
ChuckF (11-12-2011), chunksmediocrites (11-12-2011), Clutch Munny (11-12-2011), Crumb (11-12-2011), Deadlokd (11-12-2011), Kael (11-12-2011), Nullifidian (11-12-2011), Qingdai (11-12-2011), Sock Puppet (11-14-2011), The Man (12-16-2011), Watser? (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I guess I'm more concerned that it's not directed towards me which, in this case I don't think it is.
It isn't, but livius seems to be desperate to shift the attention to someone else.
Just pointing out an unintended consequence to your flame. Even someone you think is not in the so-called gang found your posts in this thread to evince "mixed feelings." Since you claimed that only a stupid, illiterate and biased person could possibly see any inconsistencies in your posts, then you are calling Iacchus stupid, illiterate and/or biased.

Consider it a learning experience. Next time you lash out blindly, take a moment to phrase your insults more precisely.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (11-12-2011), ChuckF (11-12-2011), chunksmediocrites (11-12-2011), Kael (11-12-2011), Nullifidian (11-12-2011), Qingdai (11-12-2011), The Man (12-16-2011), Watser? (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BracesForImpact View Post
I found it interesting when the assistant coach said that Paterno would go down in history as one of the greatest men.

Really? One of history's greatest men? Because he coached college football for many years? Seriously? Thousands of years from now he will be remembered along side Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, William Shakespeare, Martin Luther King Jr., Faraday, Piccasso, Nightengale, Locke, Helen Keller. Along these giants resides Joe-Fucking-Paterno? Yeah. He deserves it. We'll engrave his name right next to Haywood Jablowmeh.

Ass.
I don't even remember him now!
Qingdai (11-12-2011), The Man (12-16-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Man in Black

Quote:
Quote:
Except I don't think he's a proponent of lynching in either case. Maybe he thinks they should be sent to prison so they can rot (slowly) in there? ... and, let the inmates take care of it?
Thanks, but the 'Gang' will believe what they want, regardless of the truth.
Surely not...RUSSIAN GANG??!!11!
Thanks, from:
The Man (12-16-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Not as smart as Adam

Let us see how you dealt with it in the OP shall we?

Title:

Quote:
Re: the end of an era
Me? If I was writing it I'd title it something like "Years of shielding predator catches up with college football coach", or if I gave a shit and knew who Paterno was I'd throw in "...well-known college football coach." You however gave the definite impression that you were bemoaning the loss to Penn State of Joe Paterno. That's the only way I could read that. I tried substituting some care factor towards the victims into that title and came up empty. They didn't even enter your head.

Quote:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)

In a massive shakeup, Penn State football coach Joe Paterno and school president Graham Spanier were fired Wednesday night by the board of trustees amid the growing furor over how the school handled child sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.
Short and to the point. People mentioned in this sentence; Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier and "an assistant coach". The victims? I guess they get a look in in the fragment "child sex abuse allegations". Oh yes, and "allegations" is nicely done too. I know that nothing has gone to trial but still, you whitewash a sordid saga with a bland four sentence coat of veneer.

You know what is really missing here? The sense of outrage you tried to convey to us later, much later. Also missing is your consideration of your nephew (?) who was allegedly part of Sandusky's program. No mention at all. You didn't internalise anyone's anguish except your own that an era was coming to an end.
The Man (12-16-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Nobody remembers this:

Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlokd View Post
Oh yes, and "allegations" is nicely done too. I know that nothing has gone to trial but still, you whitewash a sordid saga with a bland four sentence coat of veneer.
The DA is missing since 2005, presumed dead.

Guess what guys, the elite fuck little boys, they always have, but you all will ignore it when it is your Team.

Look at the Wiki entry:

Franklin child prostitution ring allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Conspiracy of Silence" is a powerful, disturbing documentary revealing a nationwide child abuse and pedophilia ring that leads to the highest levels of government. Featuring intrepid investigator John DeCamp, a highly decorated Vietnam war veteran and 16-year Nebraska state senator, "Conspiracy of Silence" reveals how rogue elements at all levels of government have been involved in systematic child abuse and pedophilia to feed the base desires of key politicians.

Based on DeCamp's riveting book, The Franklin Cover-up, "Conspiracy of Silence" begins with the shut-down of Nebraska's Franklin Community Federal Credit Union after a raid by federal agencies in November 1988 revealed that $40 million was missing. When the Nebraska legislature launched a probe into the affair, what initially looked like a financial swindle soon exploded into a startling tale of drugs, money laundering, and a nationwide child abuse ring. Nineteen months later, the legislative committee's chief investigator died suddenly and violently, like more than a dozen other people linked to the Franklin case.

So why have you never heard of the Franklin cover-up? Originally scheduled to air in May of 1994 on the Discovery Channel, "Conspiracy of Silence" was yanked at the last minute due to formidable pressure applied by top politicians. Some very powerful people did not want you to watch this documentary.

You may find yourself becoming angry or upset while watching "Conspiracy of Silence." Many people do. However, consider that each of us has at times in our life acted out of selfish motives when it comes to sexuality and ended up hurting others in one way or another. Let us take this information not only as a call to stop this kind of abuse at the nationwide level, but also as a call to examine our own sexual relationships and make a commitment to deep honesty and integrity in our own lives around this most sensitive issue. Thanks for caring and may we all work together to build a brighter future for ourselves and for our world.

A copy of this videotape was furnished anonymously to former Nebraska state senator and attorney John De Camp who made it available to retired FBI Agent Ted L. Gunderson. While the video quality is not top grade, this tape is a blockbuster in what is revealed by the participants involved.

NOTE; This film had to be reassembled from remaining VHS fragments after an all-out effort was made to block the films release and destroy all extant copies. Every effort has been made to restore it to the original and complete "meant to be broadcast" version.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:14 PM

How is Rep. Cynthia McKinney's career going today?

Cynthia McKinney, in 2006 hearing recorded faithfully by C-Span nailed a major Defense contractor for SEX TRADE SLAVERY practices by Halliburton, DyneCorp and others, and 911 issues on Rumsfeld & the "I don't know" 4 star General...
Old 11-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Clutchenheimer

Quote:

And for all you magots in the gang...
That'd be Satyr and Apaosha!
Qingdai (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Clutchenheimer

Quote:
There is still the difficulty of 'Innocent till proven Guilty', and I don't know who knew what, when, and how much? But I'm sure the press and many others will crucify everyone involved.
Quote:
Quote:
If someone came to you and told you he had seen one of your underlings sodomizing a ten year old, what would you do?

Report what I knew to the authorities, and do what I could to seperate that person from young people, Remembering that everyone has legal limits to what they can and cannot do.

LOL platitudes
ChuckF (11-12-2011), chunksmediocrites (11-12-2011), Deadlokd (11-12-2011), Kael (11-12-2011), livius drusus (11-12-2011), Nullifidian (11-12-2011), Pan Narrans (11-13-2011), Qingdai (11-12-2011), The Man (12-16-2011), Watser? (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

If my Secret Santa needs any inspiration...
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (11-12-2011), Clutch Munny (11-12-2011), livius drusus (11-12-2011), Nullifidian (11-13-2011), Qingdai (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Even someone you think is not in the so-called gang found your posts in this thread to evince "mixed feelings."
Well yeah, he did mention something about his grandson. That's why I brought it up.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Just curious to see how 'the pack' tears this one apart.

Penn State as Nittany Lions face Nebraska after week of turmoil - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN
Old 11-12-2011, 07:14 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Just curious to see how just curious you are.

Never heard of Joe Paterno in my life until this news story about his covering up the raping of children came out.

I'd also like to take this moment to mention the end of an era. Benedict Arnold fought bravely to capture Fort Ticonderoga, where he was wounded, raided Fort Saint-Jean, and attacked Quebec City. His holding actions at Valcour Island helped delay the advance of the British. At the Battle of Ridgfield he was wounded again, and this Major General fought at both Battles of Saratoga, and was wounded a third time in battle. In service to his country.

In a massive shakeup, war veteran and Commander of West Point Benedict Arnold was accused of treason by George Washington amid the growing furor over how Arnold had secretly negotiated to hand over West Point to the British.

Last edited by chunksmediocrites; 11-12-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: changing typo "has wounded" to "was wounded"
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-12-2011), Angakuk (11-13-2011), BrotherMan (11-12-2011), Deadlokd (11-12-2011), Demimonde (11-13-2011), Janet (11-17-2011), Kael (11-13-2011), livius drusus (11-12-2011), Nullifidian (11-13-2011), Pan Narrans (11-13-2011), Qingdai (11-12-2011), The Man (12-16-2011), Watser? (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm Deplorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
The presumption of innocence has no application outside the context of a criminal trial, and those have yet to be scheduled.
You are absolutely right, Jurisprudence should not in any way complicate or supersede 'Mob Rule'. I certainly hope your sheets and hoods are washed and clean for the march on State College, and if it's cold you can light the crosses while you carry them.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:19 PM
ne plus ultraviolet

Yes, let's not be hasty in casting blame on the good people at Penn State for covering up the possible rape of thedoc's grand-babbies.

:helen:
Old 11-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Dogehlaugher -Scrutari

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Maturin View Post
The presumption of innocence has no application outside the context of a criminal trial, and those have yet to be scheduled.
You are absolutely right, Jurisprudence should not in any way complicate or supersede 'Mob Rule'. I certainly hope your sheets and hoods are washed and clean for the march on State College, and if it's cold you can light the crosses while you carry them.
If that means going all the way to Pennsylvania, fuck that.
Thanks, from:
Adam (11-12-2011), chunksmediocrites (11-12-2011), Clutch Munny (11-13-2011), Deadlokd (11-12-2011), Demimonde (11-13-2011), Kael (11-13-2011), Nullifidian (11-13-2011), Sock Puppet (11-14-2011), The Man (12-16-2011)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law