Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Default Re: Being gay

Quote:
Presumptious is giving a license to kill your self,
presumptious is changing your body so that your heart will feel okay,
presumptious is not wanting at all to know a girl and celebrate love while she is just a person like anybody else.....
presumptious is not able to speak republican while you are a democrat, and of course visa versa
And that is why no-one is presuming to tell you to do these things. Or anything at all.

You, however, presume to tell others about what is good or natural or even real for them. Surely you can do better than that.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-09-2016), ShottleBop (06-08-2016), The Man (06-08-2016), Watser? (06-08-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 11:31 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
presumptious is not wanting at all to know a girl and celebrate love while she is just a person like anybody else.....
presumptious is not able to speak republican while you are a democrat, and of course visa versa
And that is why no-one is presuming to tell you to do these things. Or anything at

You, however, presume to tell others about what is good or natural or even real for them. Surely you can do better than that.
I am not telling anyone anything, how about some feedback is that so difficult?
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:36 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And that is why no-one is presuming to tell you to do these things. Or anything at

Newsflash, "Awareness," YOU ARE UP TO YOUR EYEBALLS IN FEEDBACK. You simply fail to recognize it for what it is. Evidently, unless something is BIG and FAAAAAAAAAAAAAT, you cannot see it. As noted already, your "awareness" is somewhat blinkered.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), The Man (06-09-2016), Watser? (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This is feedback. The feedback is that I think the way you classify the sexual behavior of a significant percentage of humanity as somehow unnatural or not right based purely on your own preferences is exactly the thing you (seem to) object to in other people.

That certainly is telling someone something. That is sort of what posting is, isn't it?

And I add to that: Since you feel that seeing categories (white, black, male, female, democrat, republican) rather than individuals is unjust (I think most people agree), isn't it equally unjust to label one group of sexual expressions as "natural" and another as "unnatural"?

That rather sounds like one of the things you keep saying do not exist: an artificial distinction that facilitates the justification of your negative feelings about groups of people that you do not understand, and that make you a little uncomfortable.

You seem someone who wants things to be fair and who wants to be kind, and surely this cannot be either fair or kind?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), chunksmediocrites (06-09-2016), ShottleBop (06-09-2016), The Man (06-09-2016), Watser? (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Always keep cool.

[quote=Vivisectus;1261767]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
This is feedback. The feedback is that I think the way you classify the sexual behavior of a significant percentage of humanity as somehow unnatural or not right based purely on your own preferences is exactly the thing you (seem to) object to in other people.
Yeah , i do don't i , but a significant amount no, we still need to survive, or is this man's own way to self destruct ?

Not right no, because when i meet people i am just mister nice guy and honest, but you do not know me , so i just tell it.....

Look , this is how i feel, loving people men or women is natural, but having sex is disgusting, but loving someone as in loving his or her character is so energy giving.............but sex , that is for love between a man and a woman, which is of course the most FULL FILLING . there is no buts about this because you maybe have not found out yet.
Being homo sexual is not a fact, you can of course love somebody who is a woman, but you can not have sex with her , that is odd Vivisectus, but you are gay or just straight, and i do hate this lable making actually.....

That certainly is telling someone something. That is sort of what posting is, isn't it?

Quote:
And I add to that: Since you feel that seeing categories (white, black, male, female, democrat, republican) rather than individuals is unjust (I think most people agree), isn't it equally unjust to label one group of sexual expressions as "natural" and another as "unnatural"?
That is true, guilty as charged, that is cruel actually what i do , but i explained something? I s that something what i wrote?

Quote:
That rather sounds like one of the things you keep saying do not exist: an artificial distinction that facilitates the justification of your negative feelings about groups of people that you do not understand, and that make you a little uncomfortable.
Right , i think, i hate it when people are discriminated for totally nothing at all,
but i am trying to understand, and also simply said, why the f..k are there people who do not want to have sex the normal way, and have babies, Jesus, and the you have two men adopting children??

The world is still good for myself, i dont want to change anything concerning homosexuals , that would be silly and cruel, although with discrimination, i want to be that grain of sand, and give my contribution.........

Quote:
You seem someone who wants things to be fair and who wants to be kind, and surely this cannot be either fair or kind?
As i said you are right, and i explained something.

My wife would say, you are like a splash of cool water when sweating by the sun..... i thank you sir............ or is it madam? That's what i like about internet Vivisectus, we can not discriminate directly on target, because we just do not know what we are or how we look, so wonderfull only your innersoul conversing........and i am the only one with a foto of myself, maybe a new law, and let bogus Avatar's be banned.........but some would feel naked and exposed, that is what you do when you give an opinion , is it not Vivisectus? ..........and just now i am getting a thought that you are playing with me, well that comes with this kind of communication..... but as i said like a splash of water in the hot sun

And i do love reading between the lines a important person is saying , also a hobby of mine........track back why people say what they say on the media
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

Old 06-09-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah , i do don't i , but a significant amount no, we still need to survive, or is this man's own way to self destruct ?

Not right no, because when i meet people i am just mister nice guy and honest, but you do not know me , so i just tell it.....
If destruction of the human race through homosexuality is worrying you, then I think you can rest easy: we know for a fact it has been around for thousands of years - people have been merrily having sex with whomever they please since at least the ancient Greeks. And it does not seem to have slowed population growth down much, now has it?

Quote:
Look , this is how i feel, loving people men or women is natural, but having sex is disgusting, but loving someone as in loving his or her character is so energy giving.............but sex , that is for love between a man and a woman, which is of course the most FULL FILLING . there is no buts about this because you maybe have not found out yet.
So you feel that it is self-evident that sex is something that has to be between two different sexes? But you cannot tell me why this is... in fact you pre-emptively try to make further questioning of this impossible by saying that is is "of course" so, and that there are no buts about it. You are saying it cannot be questioned...

Why do you think this is?

Quote:
Being homo sexual is not a fact, you can of course love somebody who is a woman, but you can not have sex with her , that is odd Vivisectus, but you are gay or just straight, and i do hate this lable making actually.....
You can love someone without having sex. And with. You can also have sex, but not love someone. Or just sometimes. Or you can be best friends with benefits. Or it can be complicated. You can prefer sex in certain ways - sometimes this can be important, sometimes it is not. There is endless variation even in just straight relationships.

Then all that variety is multiplied: you can be straight. Or bi. or asexual. Or gay. Or somewhere along a spectrum - we really don't know yet: sexuality is probably something made up of part biology, part sociology, part psychology: part nurture, part nature, and part bloody minded contrariness, like most human endeavors.

It seems silly to want to draw a line across that and call this natural and that not natural.

We apply labels to almost all these things. They are just a short-hand: a way of explaining some very basic facts without going into lengthy details. The problem is that people sometimes think the label says more about the content of the book than it really does, without reading it.

Quote:
Quote:
That is true, guilty as charged, that is cruel actually what i do , but i explained something? I s that something what i wrote?
If you look at all of human sexual behavior, I find the variety among the most "normal" group you can find is much greater than the variety you find between gay people and straight people.

Again - it seems silly and arbitrary to label one set natural and another unnatural. It is all just love, it is all just sexuality.

Quote:
Quote:
Right , i think, i hate it when people are discriminated for totally nothing at all,
but i am trying to understand, and also simply said, why the f..k are there people who do not want to have sex the normal way, and have babies, Jesus, and the you have two men adopting children??
I am sure there are also people who ask themselves "who the fuck wants to have sex with Awareness?" and yet there has been at least one person to whom it has been been a pretty attractive proposition, since I believe you have at last one daughter?

What difference does that make?

Quote:
The world is still good for myself, i dont want to change anything concerning homosexuals , that would be silly and cruel, although with discrimination, i want to be that grain of sand, and give my contribution.........
And yet you seem to feel OK with labeling the sexuality of a large group of people as not understandable, abnormal, odd...

Is that not discrimination?

Quote:
My wife would say, you are like a splash of cool water when sweating by the sun..... i thank you sir............ or is it madam? That's what i like about internet Vivisectus, we can not discriminate directly on target, because we just do not know what we are or how we look, so wonderfull only your innersoul conversing........and i am the only one with a foto of myself, maybe a new law, and let bogus Avatar's be banned.........but some would feel naked and exposed, that is what you do when you give an opinion , is it not Vivisectus? ..........and just now i am getting a thought that you are playing with me, well that comes with this kind of communication..... but as i said like a splash of water in the hot sun
On the other hand, it makes you think doesn't it. Would my face make my words any different? If I am male or female, black or white, gay or straight? If not, then why does it seem important to you?

I think labels influence you more than you would like to think, Awareness!
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-09-2016), Stormlight (06-09-2016), The Man (06-09-2016), Watser? (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If destruction of the human race through homosexuality is worrying you, then I think you can rest easy: we know for a fact it has been around for thousands of years - people have been merrily having sex with whomever they please since at least the ancient Greeks. And it does not seem to have slowed population growth down much, now has it?

Quote:
So you feel that it is self-evident that sex is something that has to be between two different sexes? But you cannot tell me why this is... in fact you pre-emptively try to make further questioning of this impossible by saying that is is "of course" so, and that there are no buts about it. You are saying it cannot be questioned...

Why do you think this is?

Quote:
You can love someone without having sex. And with. You can also have sex, but not love someone. Or just sometimes. Or you can be best friends with benefits. Or it can be complicated. You can prefer sex in certain ways - sometimes this can be important, sometimes it is not. There is endless variation even in just straight relationships.

Then all that variety is multiplied: you can be straight. Or bi. or asexual. Or gay. Or somewhere along a spectrum - we really don't know yet: sexuality is probably something made up of part biology, part sociology, part psychology: part nurture, part nature, and part bloody minded contrariness, like most human endeavors.

It seems silly to want to draw a line across that and call this natural and that not natural.

We apply labels to almost all these things. They are just a short-hand: a way of explaining some very basic facts without going into lengthy details. The problem is that people sometimes think the label says more about the content of the book than it really does, without reading it.

Quote:
Quote:
If you look at all of human sexual behavior, I find the variety among the most "normal" group you can find is much greater than the variety you find between gay people and straight people.

Again - it seems silly and arbitrary to label one set natural and another unnatural. It is all just love, it is all just sexuality.

Quote:
Quote:
I am sure there are also people who ask themselves "who the fuck wants to have sex with Awareness?" and yet there has been at least one person to whom it has been been a pretty attractive proposition, since I believe you have at last one daughter?

What difference does that make?

Quote:
And yet you seem to feel OK with labeling the sexuality of a large group of people as not understandable, abnormal, odd...

Is that not discrimination?

Quote:
On the other hand, it makes you think doesn't it. Would my face make my words any different? If I am male or female, black or white, gay or straight? If not, then why does it seem important to you?

I think labels influence you more than you would like to think, Awareness!
You see , you just have to be wise and care for people , in the sense of knowing people, you get that with getting together with people, thank you, i read it in a swift, and i do overal agree with what you are saying, but now i have to do some chores...."I'll get back"

Last edited by Awareness; 06-09-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy