Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1176  
Old 07-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMCCLVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

I mean has anybody ever been there?
__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (07-02-2017)
  #1177  
Old 07-02-2017, 01:47 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
Illegitimi non carborundum, mater irrumator praetor.
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: MMMDCCCXLI
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
I never really believed in Kansas anyway.
Isn't it part of Central America? :cool:
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (07-02-2017)
  #1178  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:20 AM
Watser?'s Avatar
Watser? Watser? is offline
Fishy mokey
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Furrin parts
Posts: LMMMCCLVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Central America means Kansas

__________________
:typingmonkey:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Kamilah Hauptmann (07-02-2017), The Man (07-02-2017)
  #1179  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:29 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
Illegitimi non carborundum, mater irrumator praetor.
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: MMMDCCCXLI
Default Re: More blithe racism

ss+(2017-07-01+at+06.28.45).jpg

Then came the Internet. Holy shit.
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (07-02-2017), Watser? (07-02-2017)
  #1180  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:35 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Hey Jetroll, I'm talking about the Earth and not Kansas.

There is no measurable curve anywhere on earth, Kansas is an example of the flatness.

The fact the no curve can be measured is the evidence the earth is no sphere.

Now where is my cash?
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1181  
Old 07-02-2017, 02:39 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
Illegitimi non carborundum, mater irrumator praetor.
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: MMMDCCCXLI
Default Re: More blithe racism

Someone's feeling left out. :aww:
__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
The Man (07-02-2017), Watser? (07-02-2017)
  #1182  
Old 07-02-2017, 04:51 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCCCVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Hey Jetroll, I'm talking about the Earth and not Kansas.

There is no measurable curve anywhere on earth, Kansas is an example of the flatness.

The fact the no curve can be measured is the evidence the earth is no sphere.

Now where is my cash?
First, a pancake isn't very flat (I don't think you understand the link you posted), and second, Kansas could be shaped like a donut on a penis and that still wouldn't prove anything about the shape of the Earth. Try again.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (07-02-2017), The Man (07-02-2017)
  #1183  
Old 07-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

The fact the no curve can be measured is the evidence the earth is no sphere.

:wave:

If a curve could be measured, it would be in every middle school science text book in every school.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:48 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCCCVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
The fact the no curve can be measured is the evidence the earth is no sphere.

:wave:
:lol:

You can measure the curvature just by driving around with an odometer. Do you think every airplane pilot in the world gets a special briefing with an NDA from the Illuminati?

Quote:
If a curve could be measured, it would be in every middle school science text book in every school.
:lol:

I know you're trolling as usual, but this act isn't very good.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (07-02-2017), Stephen Maturin (07-03-2017), The Man (07-02-2017), Watser? (07-02-2017)
  #1185  
Old 07-02-2017, 08:53 PM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCCCVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old 07-03-2017, 12:02 AM
Stephen Maturin's Avatar
Stephen Maturin Stephen Maturin is offline
Refreshingly Stupid
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Juggalonia
Posts: VMMLXXXII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
I never really believed in Kansas anyway.
Moar like Ass-Can amirite!
__________________
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis D. Brandeis

"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are." ~ S. Gecko

"What the fuck is a German muffin?" ~ R. Swanson
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017), Watser? (07-03-2017)
  #1187  
Old 07-03-2017, 01:35 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
You can measure the curvature just by driving around with an odometer.
An odometer measures distance, not curvature.

Quote:
Do you think every airplane pilot in the world gets a special briefing with an NDA from the Illuminati?
How do you mean, they fly by gyroscope, which shows no curve, otherwise they wouldn't work to keep the plane level to the ground!, and by compass, which shows their position relative to north, the center of the flat earth.


lol, how does a compass work in the southern hemisphere on a globe? Does it point down to your feet?

:popcorn:
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old 07-03-2017, 02:27 AM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCCCVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
You can measure the curvature just by driving around with an odometer.
An odometer measures distance, not curvature.
And curvature is measured using distance. Draw some triangles on a balloon and try to figure it out.

:)
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017)
  #1189  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:02 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

lol, yea, curvature is measured by distance...

:doh:

That weird pie number has nothing to do with it, just need a straight edge to measure curve!!
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1190  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Draw some triangles on a balloon and try to figure it out.
That would be you assuming a sphere as the initial premise. You don't science.

You can't use your assumption to prove your assumption, lol.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1191  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:07 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

I noticed you avoided the gyroscope and compass conundrums your model has.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1192  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:14 AM
fragment's Avatar
fragment fragment is offline
weird citrus golem
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand
Gender: Male
Posts: VCDXCVII
Blog Entries: 8
Images: 142
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Kansas is flatter than a pancake.

Kansas Is Flatter Than a Pancake
From this link:
Quote:
We measured a west-east profile across Kansas taken from merged 1:250,000 scale digital elevation model (DEM) data from the United States Geological Survey.
From this example of a USGS DEM:
Quote:
The spatial reference used for tiles of the one-meter DEM within the conterminous United States (CONUS) is Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) in units of meters, and in conformance with the North American Datum of 1983 (NAD83).
What is UTM? A projection of a sphere onto a flat surface.

IOW the near-spherical model is built into the Kansas data. And as usual Jerome just doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.
__________________
the new self :euterpe:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Crumb (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017)
  #1193  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
Right!! That map is all fucked up, you really think Greenland is bigger than Africa?

So your argument is an obviously flawed map projection is evidence of a curve which can not be measured!!

:chin:


__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1194  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:52 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

This is a globe believer: Look at this presentation which is known to be false, ignore all measurable science, and all of your observational science, just look at this obviously fake made up stuff, that is your reality.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1195  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

You must realize that for the globe model to work that 97% of the universe has to be unobservable, unmeasurable gnomes.

Your model doesn't work without making up the vast majority of the data. It is literally imagination sans science.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1196  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:56 AM
Jerome's Avatar
Jerome Jerome is offline
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: XCXCIX
Default Re: More blithe racism

I noticed you avoided the gyroscope and compass conundrums your model has.
__________________
What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. ... The origin of myths is explained in this way.
Reply With Quote
  #1197  
Old 07-03-2017, 07:06 AM
fragment's Avatar
fragment fragment is offline
weird citrus golem
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand
Gender: Male
Posts: VCDXCVII
Blog Entries: 8
Images: 142
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Right!! That map is all fucked up, you really think Greenland is bigger than Africa?
That is the Mercator projection, not one of the UTM projections. They are different things.

Again, Jerome has no clue what he is talking about.
__________________
the new self :euterpe:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
JoeP (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017)
  #1198  
Old 07-03-2017, 07:09 AM
fragment's Avatar
fragment fragment is offline
weird citrus golem
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand
Gender: Male
Posts: VCDXCVII
Blog Entries: 8
Images: 142
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
So your argument is an obviously flawed map projection is evidence of a curve which can not be measured!!
No, I'm pointing out that the evidence you provided for a flat earth (the Kansas thing) actually assumes a curved earth. I'm pointing out the flaws in your evidence, not advancing any of my own.

Do not pass go, do not collect $1,000.
__________________
the new self :euterpe:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
But (07-04-2017), Crumb (07-03-2017), Stormlight (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017)
  #1199  
Old 07-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Kamilah Hauptmann's Avatar
Kamilah Hauptmann Kamilah Hauptmann is offline
Illegitimi non carborundum, mater irrumator praetor.
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: MMMDCCCXLI
Default Re: More blithe racism

Cheeky cunt.


__________________
Sometimes you herp a derp, sometimes the derp herps you.

:BC: :canada:
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017)
  #1200  
Old 07-03-2017, 09:43 AM
But's Avatar
But But is offline
This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: MVCCCVII
Default Re: More blithe racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by But View Post
Draw some triangles on a balloon and try to figure it out.
That would be you assuming a sphere as the initial premise. You don't science.

You can't use your assumption to prove your assumption, lol.
And what are you doing with that "pie number"? Eat it? I'm not assuming anything.

Take the distances between cities that are thousands of kilometers apart. There's two possibilities: The Earth is flat and there is a huge conspiracy that has been faking the numbers, or you're wrong (duh).

Read that link and try to explain what it means, you idiot.

https://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/20006.2.shtml
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Dragar (07-03-2017), Stormlight (07-03-2017), The Man (07-03-2017)
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.27802 seconds with 14 queries