Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Old 06-17-2016, 01:55 PM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Default Re: The only true words of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
There is no devil. Our thoughts are as important as our feelings. There is nothing about our feelings that indicates that they, especially, come from God. And your response to my post regarding the various religious traditions was entirely uninformed and lacking in any effort to understand.

I aee no value in responding further. It is obvious that you believe that you have nothing to learn from this thread.
In a thread addressing "the only true words of God," I thought it relevant to provide examples of words that, if any words can be said to be truly "words of God," demonstrated such inspiration as to perhaps qualify. I do not consider our emotions to be "words from God." Gifts from God, perhaps (if God exists), but we need thoughts to understand those emotions, to communicate them to others, and to turn them into action. Moreover, we are embodied beings:our emotions, like our thoughts, are dependent upon, and mediated by, our bodily processes.

Love is an emotion, but so is lust, and the feeling of one is no more an act of impertinence, or the word of God, than the other.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-17-2016), The Man (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Always keep cool.

How nice Vivisectus have a real nice life Adieu
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON IS THE MASTER !!
Old 06-17-2016, 08:43 PM
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
Here is a favorite from my Sunday School days. I don't suppose that Awareness will like it. It has colors in it.

Jesus Loves the Little Children (with Lyrics) - YouTube

Would you like to learn about life together or not Angakuk, where is your view on what i wrote.....

In short , that the only true words of God only exist in our hearts.
Your question "would you like to learn about life together or not" makes a couple of assumptions. It assumes that I don't already know about "life together" and it assumes that you have something to teach me on the subject. I am inclined to reject both assumptions. Even if it were the case that you did have something worthwhile to teach me your inability to communicate in a coherent and intelligible manner would render you unable to successfully carry out such a project.

As for your words "the only true words of God only exist in our hearts", my view is that they are too meaningless to even rise to the level of being incorrect.
ShottleBop (06-17-2016), Stormlight (06-25-2016), The Man (06-17-2016), Vivisectus (06-18-2016), Watser? (07-08-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here is a favorite from my Sunday School days. I don't suppose that Awareness will like it. It has colors in it.

Jesus Loves the Little Children (with Lyrics) - YouTube

Would you like to learn about life together or not Angakuk, where is your view on what i wrote.....

In short , that the only true words of God only exist in our hearts.
Your question "would you like to learn about life together or not" makes a couple of assumptions. It assumes that I don't already know about "life together" and it assumes that you have something to teach me on the subject. I am inclined to reject both assumptions. Even if it were the case that you did have something worthwhile to teach me your inability to communicate in a coherent and intelligible manner would render you unable to successfully carry out such a project.

As for your words "the only true words of God only exist in our hearts", my view is that they are too meaningless to even rise to the level of being incorrect.
Of course, the true words of God were never intended to exist only in our hearts:
Quote:
6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
[Deuteronomy 6:6-9]
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-17-2016), The Man (06-17-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Always keep cool.

[quote=ShottleBop;1262805][quote=ShottleBop;1262792][QUOTE]

Quote:
There is no devil. Our thoughts are as important as our feelings.
How can you say that our thoughts are as important as our feelings when the way we feel is the fundament on how we are as individuals.

A THOUGHT in our mind is but a really soft whisper, it is but a memory......

We as human beings need GOOD and EVIL , either you have bad thoughts or good thoughts
Quote:
There is nothing about our feelings that indicates that they, especially, come from God.
If you believe in God , then these very special feelings of care or happiness has been very carefully constructed by God, it is not a thought but a feeling.

And your response to my post regarding the various religious traditions was entirely uninformed and lacking in any effort to understand.

Quote:
I aee no value in responding further. It is obvious that you believe that you have nothing to learn from this thread.
You are supposed to learn from this , the fact that you say that is a very important something a a feeling does not compute actually..

You are supposed to learn that our feelings what we are able to have are especially made for us to communicate and understand each other.....

God gave us the feeling to care about people, it not a thought , it is not a law, we did not learn this, you see, you feel and you act on it.......

The feeling what you an i and everybody on this world feels, and even animals when for example fear is concerned is very special, it can not be instigated by a flick of a switch but is very spiritual, it is not of your body !!

I t is not of your brain , your brain regulates every thing and so it regulates the feelings that you get.

You don't have it , because it can not stay a long time with you, it is just a WARNING FOR YOU, and most of all a sign that you are ALIVE, THAT YOU FEEL ALIVE, YOU SEE THERE IS THE WORD AGAIN........

Everytime you feel you may think of God, or if you are an atheist you may think of how the fuck did all get here from totally out of nothing.....

I SAID IT BEFORE , WE DO NOT EXIST IN A NICE NEAT BOX, BUT WE EXIST IN A DISSAPEARING ACT OF THE MAGICIAN.

Quote:
In a thread addressing "the only true words of God," I thought it relevant to provide examples of words that, if any words can be said to be truly "words of God," demonstrated such inspiration as to perhaps qualify.
Quote:
I do not consider our emotions to be "words from God." Gifts from God, perhaps (if God exists), but we need thoughts to understand those emotions, to communicate them to others, and to turn them into action. Moreover, we are embodied beings:our emotions, like our thoughts, are dependent upon, and mediated by, our bodily processes.
Its too bad you do not understand the feelings , because they are the words , the only true words from God.

You do not want to see people drowning , so i'll give you a example of a cat drowning in a pond, or a animal which just can't swim.

You get an urge to rescue the cat or animal . right? ( It is a pond about one meter high)
It is pure a feeling what you get in your "heart" to want to help the cat or animal.

You did not learn this , you got this ability to feel the minute you came out your mother's womb.....

And God wanted you and everybody els to have this feeling.

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GOD WANTED YOU TO HAVE THIS FEELING, WHY DO YOU THINK THAT GOD BROUGHT THESE FEELINGS ABOUT IN YOUR BEING ? YOU DON'T LEARN AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT YOU THINK IT......

God let you have these feelings to save yourself and to exist, to really feel alive.....

when we were just cave men so to speak that is that we had , but that were the most of times of our selves, where joy reigned, where happiness reigned, where anger reigned, where jeulosy reigned, where sadness reigned, even of course before we could speak.............laughter was already of man, and not the animal of course although fear did reign with the animal

Love is an emotion, but so is lust, and the feeling of one is no more an act of impertinence, or the word of God, than the other.

LOVE IS A FEELING , THE FEELING THAT MANIFESTS IN YOUR BODY, THAT IS THE EMOTION OF LOVE...

LUST IS NOT A FEELING, IT IS PURE A MIND AND BODY REACTION....

LIKE THE CRO-MAGNON WANTING TO GO HUMP IN BACK OF THE WOMAN....

LUST IS NOT SPIRITUAL, A FEELING LIKE FOR EXAMPLE LOVE IS.....

AND FEELINGS MAKE YOU AWARE THAT YOU ARE ALIVE.........

I ALWAYS SAY A FEELING A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY....

A CROSSWARD PUZZLE CAN NOT COMPETE WITH A FEELING WHICH MAKES YOUR MIND AND YOUR BODY WORK ( HEART PUMPING BLOOD, AND MIND REGULATING TEARS OF EVEN CORTIZONES ) WHEN KEEPING AWAY THE BRAIN DESEASES.......
REMEMBER...........THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN IS ONLY AND JUST ONLY THE COLOUR OF YOUR SKIN, HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON MAKES YOU A WHOLE PERSON AND NOTHING ELSE....HOW YOU HAVE SEX , HOW YOU DRESS UP, HOW YOU PRAY only gives away your hobbies

Last edited by Awareness; 06-18-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Hound

Quote:
The Word of God

Lyrics and melody © 1994 by Catherine Faber

From desert cliff and mountaintop we trace the wide design,
Strike-slip fault and overthrust and syn and anticline. . .
We gaze upon creation where erosion makes it known,
And count the countless aeons in the banding of the stone.
Odd, long-vanished creatures and their tracks & shells are found;
Where truth has left its sketches on the slate below the ground.
The patient stone can speak, if we but listen when it talks.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the rocks.

There are those who name the stars, who watch the sky by night,
Seeking out the darkest place, to better see the light.
Long ago, when torture broke the remnant of his will,
Galileo recanted, but the Earth is moving still.
High above the mountaintops, where only distance bars,
The truth has left its footprints in the dust between the stars.
We may watch and study or may shudder and deny,
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the sky.

By stem and root and branch we trace, by feather, fang and fur,
How the living things that are descend from things that were.
The moss, the kelp, the zebrafish, the very mice and flies,
These tiny, humble, wordless things---how shall they tell us lies?
We are kin to beasts; no other answer can we bring.
The truth has left its fingerprints on every living thing.
Remember, should you have to choose between them in the strife,
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote life.

And we who listen to the stars, or walk the dusty grade,
Or break the very atoms down to see how they are made,
Or study cells, or living things, seek truth with open hand.
The profoundest act of worship is to try to understand.
Deep in flower and in flesh, in star and soil and seed,
The truth has left its living word for anyone to read.
So turn and look where best you think the story is unfurled.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the world.
Here is the Word of God, by Cat Faber.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-24-2016), The Man (06-25-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basset Hound View Post
Quote:
The Word of God

Lyrics and melody © 1994 by Catherine Faber

From desert cliff and mountaintop we trace the wide design,
Strike-slip fault and overthrust and syn and anticline. . .
We gaze upon creation where erosion makes it known,
And count the countless aeons in the banding of the stone.
Odd, long-vanished creatures and their tracks & shells are found;
Where truth has left its sketches on the slate below the ground.
The patient stone can speak, if we but listen when it talks.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the rocks.

There are those who name the stars, who watch the sky by night,
Seeking out the darkest place, to better see the light.
Long ago, when torture broke the remnant of his will,
Galileo recanted, but the Earth is moving still.
High above the mountaintops, where only distance bars,
The truth has left its footprints in the dust between the stars.
We may watch and study or may shudder and deny,
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the sky.

By stem and root and branch we trace, by feather, fang and fur,
How the living things that are descend from things that were.
The moss, the kelp, the zebrafish, the very mice and flies,
These tiny, humble, wordless things---how shall they tell us lies?
We are kin to beasts; no other answer can we bring.
The truth has left its fingerprints on every living thing.
Remember, should you have to choose between them in the strife,
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote life.

And we who listen to the stars, or walk the dusty grade,
Or break the very atoms down to see how they are made,
Or study cells, or living things, seek truth with open hand.
The profoundest act of worship is to try to understand.
Deep in flower and in flesh, in star and soil and seed,
The truth has left its living word for anyone to read.
So turn and look where best you think the story is unfurled.
Humans wrote the Bible; God wrote the world.
Here is the Word of God, by Cat Faber.
But i would rather feel the word of God,

which is the utmost truth.........uh Basset Hound.......

feel sadness , such a exceptional exquisite creation made by God personally.......

feel also happiness,
feel also even anger,
feel care for another,
feel sorrow,
feel jealousy especially made by God when for your wife our your husband, or girl or boyfriend........
everyfeeling is carefully constructed...............
you are supposed to vote with your heart, and not with society's minds.....
Feel amazement when looking at nature's wonders,
God's true words in our hearts to get by in life.........
The law came even before the fifth commandment, thou shalt not kill , came forth from not wanting to kill a man . came forth because of the feeling of care for your brother........
Revenge is the feeling also by God of course who else??
Why make the feeling revenge in our hearts, our rage our anger, or is it the devil's side?
Making the feeling love, such a wonderfull creation. and yet man still writes books and tells you how it should be done....

You do not and never tell anyone to do anything , you let them feel themselves , you let them find out by themselves, which is the only way to teach and preach , discovering the feeling by yourself makes you hold truth until you die....

Old 06-25-2016, 02:38 AM

You seem to think that we will arrive at the same "truth" that you have.

I must disabuse you of that notion.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-26-2016), The Man (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:

I must disabuse you of that notion.
Funny you should say it yourself ShottleBop :
Quote:
At least what is said is drugproof, or not deranged.

In what words actually ShottleBop that i think that you will arrive at the same truth that i have....., any way as i said, funny you should say it....

This is my just only my belief.......... that every feeling that you can think of were already in God's construction site of and for man.......

I do so love a feeling, it is direct, it is true, it is indestructable, and it is thank God not a mere thought......

Today i went to church to look for books and records, and by chance i found a quite real interesting book, just by chance...........

I thought what in the world is this kind of book

Paspoort 006.jpg

CONCORDANCE on the old and new Testament

Old 06-25-2016, 11:40 PM

The Concordance, to Jews like myself (at least, to the extent that it purports to find evidence of Christ in the Jewish Bible) is demonstrably a piece of crap.
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-26-2016), Watser? (07-08-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 12:38 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
The Concordance, to Jews like myself (at least, to the extent that it purports to find evidence of Christ in the Jewish Bible) is demonstrably a piece of crap.
Why did , cocerning the Bilble, did this come out as it did ShottleBob ?

Or the Torah or the Koran ShottleBop?

Were people much more caring, and down to earth?

Such a abundance of words actually......

Last edited by Awareness; 06-26-2016 at 12:39 AM. Reason: The book costed me 50 euro cents.......
Old 06-26-2016, 12:58 AM

Early Christians went looking for stuff in the Jewish Bible that just wasn't there, misread/misinterpreted things, and saw "predictions" of Christ that did not exist.

That's where it comes from, Awareness. From spending a lot of time when I was in college dealing with the Campus Crusade for Christ.
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-26-2016), Watser? (07-08-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Early Christians went looking for stuff in the Jewish Bible that just wasn't there, misread/misinterpreted things, and saw "predictions" of Christ that did not exist.

That's where it comes from, Awareness. From spending a lot of time when I was in college dealing with the Campus Crusade for Christ.

I would like to satisfy your dismay which clearly is evident about the Bible the Koran or the Torah, but i would like a clear answer why did God Jesus or Mohammed and Allah come out as it did, and even have connections with each other.......................

Mohammed existed , that is a fact, but even Christians won't speak about Jesus.................

These are serious questions, and that is why i found something that is truly a proof of a billion times a higher being thAn us ShottleBop..........and that is our given ability to feel. What we are able to feel are the only true words of God, and at least these feelings were translated into words, but is there wisdom in the books?

Sarcastically said the Bilble , the Koran and the Torah looks a lot like SOME of you writing, writing something but saying totally noting at all !!

Such diificult words to understand, and yet some Christians Muslims and Jews are wizards..............and thus teaching..........

I always believe is let somebody feel, but never tell anything ! When it is felt in your being , in your heart, then it is truth!!!

Jesus had a mission but was brutally murdered, killed, for nothing...............even Pontius Pilate did not want to kill him. What was the crime of Jesus ? Nothing !

A sin does not exist, but what you feel for your heart for your brother or another exists, God did not put that feeling for nothing , God had a purpose

God even created tears for you and everyone to see, what is dripping water out of your eyes for anyways??

That was and is good thinking of God back when there was not life at all in the soup of earth !!

Last edited by Awareness; 06-26-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: If Mohammed had wives , then he existed
Old 06-26-2016, 03:05 PM

Ducks fall from the sky
Marshmallows clouding their eyes
What the fuck, Donald?!
Old 06-26-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
Sarcastically said the Bilble , the Koran and the Torah looks a lot like SOME of you writing, writing something but saying totally noting at all !!
Isaiah 58

Galatians 5:14

Surat al-Ma'un: 1-7

"Totally nothing at all"?

The elk stands stock still
Fraternize first thing today
The shit hits the fan

Last edited by ShottleBop; 06-26-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awareness
Isaiah 58

Galatians 5:14

Surat al-Ma'un: 1-7

"Totally nothing at all"?

The elk stands stock still
Fraternize first thing today
The shit hits the fan
What God wrote in your heart sais it all ShottleBop....such exquisite creations ShottleBop every individual feeling, not at all a thought but such wonders in your heart........

Look at the world , it looks like shit, and yet we follow the Bible the Koran and the Torah ???

Last edited by Awareness; 06-27-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:16 PM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Ducks fall from the sky
What the fuck, Donald?!
Open your eyes for once ShottleBop and you won't see Donald Duck for once...

You will even be able to see yourself for the first time in the mirror

Old 06-27-2016, 12:12 AM

Wasn't Donald Duck. Was Donald Trump.

Two goes into four
Twice, but four goes into one
Just one-quarter time.
Thanks, from:
The Man (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Ducks fall from the sky
What the fuck, Donald?!

And still, you condescend.

Awareness knows best,
he thinks, but he's wrong. Just wrong.
I know myself best.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-27-2016), Stormlight (06-27-2016), The Man (06-27-2016), Watser? (07-08-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ducks fall from the sky
What the fuck, Donald?!

And still, you condescend.

Awareness knows best,
he thinks, but he's wrong. Just wrong.
I know myself best.
Okay, but what did you mean by " ]Ducks fall from the sky
What the fuck, Donald? " ShottleBop?

Do you think we can trust each other as strangers?

Because this will never happen here on FF, you know that, do you not Shottlebop ?

You can not and never trust each other by only "speaking" with a keyboard !!

So what the fuck are you all worked up for ???

But i do can say , you can trust me......

Can i trust you ShottleBop?

So again what did you mean by this: " Ducks fall from the sky
What the fuck, Donald?!"

Here , quote:
Quote:
What God wrote in your heart sais it all ShottleBop....such exquisite creations ShottleBop every individual feeling, not at all a thought but such wonders in your heart........

Look at the world , it looks like shit, and yet 2000 years of following the Bible the Koran and the Torah . For what actually??
What do you think of what i wrote ShottleBop?

Is that so hard?

Last edited by Awareness; 06-27-2016 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:34 AM
Always keep cool.

Quote:
If someone asked you to identify how many emotions there actually are, what would you guess? Tens? Hundreds? Thousands?

This question is hardly new. As early as the 4th century B.C., the philosopher Aristotle attempted to identify the exact number of core emotions. These were referred to as the 14 irreducible emotions, which he described as fear, confidence, anger, friendship, calm, enmity, shame, shamelessness, pity, kindness, envy, indignation, emulation, and contempt.

In his book The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals, Charles Darwin suggested that the ability to express emotion through the face had evolutionary advantages. He also suggested that many of these emotional expressions were universal.

More recently, psychologists have made a number of attempts to categorize and identify the exact number of emotions.

Surprisingly, when it comes to basic, universal emotions, there are actually far fewer than you may think. According to the best-known theories that classify the human emotional experience, there are anywhere from four to eight basic emotions.

The Wheel of Emotions
One of the most prominent of these theories is Robert Plutchik's wheel of emotions which identifies eight basic emotions - joy, sadness, trust, disgust, fear, anger, surprise, and anticipation. The wheel of emotion is likened to the color wheel in which the primary colors combine to form the secondary and complementary colors. These basic emotions then mix and combine to form a variety of feelings. For example, anticipation plus joy might combine to form optimism.

Six Universal Emotions
Other researchers suggest that there are around six or seven basic emotions that are experienced in cultures throughout the world. Psychologist Paul Eckman created what is known as the Facial Action Coding System (FACS), a taxonomy that measures the movements of all the face's 42 muscles as well as the movements of the head and eyes.

Eckman discovered that there were six facial expressions universal to people all over the world. These original six emotions he identified were happiness, sadness, surprise, fear, anger, and disgust. He later went on to add a seventh emotion - contempt.

Or Are There Just Four Basic Emotions?
More recently, researchers asked participants to identify emotions based on the expressions of a realistic model. What they found was that fear and surprise engage the same muscles. Rather than representing two distinct emotions, they instead suggest that fear and surprise are simply variations of one basic emotion. Similarly, disgust and anger involve the exact same muscles, so they suggest that they represent variations of just one emotion. The researchers suggest that instead of six basic emotions, there are just four: happiness, sadness, anger, and fear. The more complex variations of emotions, they argue, have evolved from these foundational building blocks over the millennia.

"What our research shows is that not all facial muscles appear simultaneously during facial expressions, but rather develop over time supporting a hierarchical biologically-basic to socially-specific information over time," explained lead author Dr. Rachael Jack of the University of Glasglow.

Yet most of us would immediately argue that fear and surprise are distinct and separate emotions, as are anger and disgust. However, the researchers note that when the expression is first displayed, the muscles same muscles are engaged for fear and surprise. This distinction between fear/surprise and anger/disgust, they believe, is socially based. It is only later as the emotion is more fully expressed that the differences between the two emerge. The researchers believe that the expression of the basic emotions has a biological, survival basis while the differences that exist between fear/surprise and between disgust/anger evolved later on and for more social reasons.

So does this really mean that there are just four emotions? Certainly not. The research conducted by Jack and her colleagues suggests that there are four irreducible emotions, but this certainly does not mean that people are only capable of experiencing four emotional states. "Nobody in their right mind would say there are only four emotions," Jack clarified in an interview with The Christian Science Monitor. "That simply isn't true. Human beings have incredibly complex emotions."

The Expression of Emotions
While we might be able to identify such broad emotions, Eckman's research has revealed that the human face is capable of creating more than 7,000 different facial expressions. Emotions, and how we experience and express them, can be both abundantly apparent and remarkably subtle. The basic emotions, however many there really are, serve as the foundation for all the more complex and subtle emotions that make up the human experience.

Feelings are the only true words of God

Quote:
Eckman discovered that there were six facial expressions universal to people all over the world. These original six emotions he identified were happiness, sadness, surprise, fear, anger, and disgust. He later went on to add a seventh emotion - contempt.
First the feeling starts which you feel at first hand, you are you after all, and then your brain starts working ....................

That God can construct such feelings for us ........

God does not work in mysterious ways, God lets you work

Old 06-27-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Ducks fall from the sky
What the fuck, Donald?!
What did you think of what I wrote, Awareness?

Is that so hard?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-28-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 02:35 PM

Seventeen times three
Is fifty-one. That I know.
Awareness I don’t.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (06-28-2016), The Man (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:

You are supposed to learn that our feelings what we are able to have are especially made for us to communicate and understand each other.....

God gave us the feeling to care about people, it not a thought , it is not a law, we did not learn this, you see, you feel and you act on it.......
What you say here is where your philosophy fails. We each have our feelings. But we can't communicate and understand each other without thought. We can't act outwardly on ANY feeling without thinking about how to act.

Understanding requires communication. We can't communicate with each other without thought, and we can't understand what has been communicated to us without thought.

I can't know anything about how your feelings cause you to "feel", what is it like for you, without you communicating to me, and me seeking to understand.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-28-2016), ShottleBop (06-27-2016), The Man (06-27-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 04:51 PM

Feelings, we all have.
But can you call them "all that"?
Thoughts, we have as well.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (06-28-2016), The Man (06-28-2016)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy