Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Old 11-16-2007, 02:19 AM
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Default Supernatural

I dig this show. Am I the only one?

It's like the X-Files, but where shit really happens.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Raping the Marlboro Man

Default Re: Supernatural

No, you are not the only one. This show is officially My Show.

On an awesome note unrelated to my mad fangirlism of Dean and Sam's epic universe-destroying (or making?) love, at the recent Supernatural convention in the US, Jensen and Jared were presented with some honorary-army-award thing (yeah, my memory tends to shut down in the presence of those two hotasses, especially when Jared gets touchy-feely) because Supernatural is the most requested DVD by the armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Which makes sense. Two fiercely loyal men fighting an unwinnable fight and doing pretty much anything to protect both strangers and each other from the violent external forces that threaten their fragile masculine relationship? I mean, ahem, FAST CARS, SHOTGUNS AND GORE, YEAH, HOORAH. UH. THAT'S TOTALLY WHY THE ARMY BOYS LOVE IT.

Um, yes. I love it. I love the crew. Kim Manners breaks my fucking heart every time the bastard writes anything. I love the cast. Especially Samantha Ferris. She is amazingly hot and Ellen needs to have lots and lots of sex with Dean like now because their chemistry is brain-meltingly good. And of course the boys. AND KRIPKE OWNS MY SOUL COMPLETELY, simply for the fact he actually makes the demons likeable and WHEN IS HE GOING TO BRING BACK MEG OMG. But yes, Jared and Jensen. Who are completely like brothers in real life. Probably moreso than in the show. Seriously, Jared + Jensen + Camera = Jared mistaking Jensen for a tree and climbing all over him. It's up to you to decide whether or not that's brotherly. He did shoot his girlfriend and how adorable is Sandy anyfuckingway? I just want to eat her, like Dean eats a sammich.

Rambled enough, have I?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

yeah, i also like supernatural and tivo it.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

My roommate likes it, and she made me watch one episode with her, but only because it had a clown in it, and she knows how I feel about clowns, and she's an evil bitch. Other than the clown, I thought it was pretty decent, despite not really knowing who any of the characters were supposed to be.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Raping the Marlboro Man

Haha oh man Sammy in that episode is great, especially when Dean makes him sit in the creepy fucking clown-chair.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Beware the fury of a patient man...

I'm not one for saying it's well made/written etc.
But I do still tune in every week, and find myself enjoying the whole experience.

Let's hope thats because of endearing qualities rather than the influence of dark forces :darkness: ......

Logan
Old 11-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Raping the Marlboro Man

The last episode pretty much slayed me.

:melts:

I'M NOT OBSESSED. REALLY.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

RISE, THRAD, FOR I AM A BORT OF THE LORD AND I WILL GRIP YOU TIGHT AND PULL YOU FROM PERDITION.

Janet! OMG JANET. Did you see? Last week's episode? (Well, now it's the episode before last.) Guest starring one of my new favorite character actors, Timothy Omundson. My first exposure to him was in the hit comedy psych, but then I saw him as Jesus in Xena and now? Now he's the fantastically bearded person of great importance in the mythology of Supernatural.
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (02-03-2014), Janet (02-01-2014), SR71 (02-03-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Hopefully he doesn't go reconnoiter the ridge.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

I saw, I loved that episode. I am at the point with this show that if it became just Sam, Dean, Cas and Crowley sitting in the bunker taking the piss out of one another I WOULD BE PERFECTLY HAPPY!

And I love the Mark of Cain. I think they handled the brothers parallel even better than the Lucifer/Michael one. And since Dean is sporting some scruff now, I am hoping that the AV Club commenter who hoped the unnamed power that comes with the Mark is the ability to grow that awesome beard was right on.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (07-18-2014), BrotherMan (02-01-2014), SR71 (02-03-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 09:01 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Quote:
I am at the point with this show that if it became just Sam, Dean, Cas and Crowley sitting in the bunker taking the piss out of one another I WOULD BE PERFECTLY HAPPY!
Them taking turns reading (earnestly, bored, innocently and sardonically, respectively) out of the phonebook would be ratings gold.
Thanks, from:
Janet (02-01-2014), Zehava (02-02-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Vaginally-privileged sociopathic cultist

http://sarcasmcupcakes.tumblr.com/po...hasminions-not <-- BORT, YOU WANT TO SEE THIS.
Janet (02-04-2014), SR71 (02-03-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (02-15-2014), curses (07-17-2014), Janet (02-14-2014), Stormlight (02-17-2014)
Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 PM

Awwww:adorabears:

Thanks

Right back at you.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (02-15-2014), BrotherMan (02-14-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 04:13 PM

You know you watch Supernatural too much when a patron asks you what the Book of Enoch is and you struggle to find a synonym for 'lore' to describe its content.
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 05:20 PM

I will pay you big bucks to work "you breed with the mouth of a goat" into whatever it is you're doing.
Janet (04-02-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (07-18-2014), chunksmediocrites (07-18-2014), Ensign Steve (07-18-2014), Janet (07-17-2014), Stormlight (07-18-2014), Zehava (10-15-2014)
Old 07-18-2014, 06:45 AM

:gimme:
Janet (07-18-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 PM

So, Dean is a demon this season, which could be cool. I was amused this week by a scene where a guy Dean has just beaten the crap out of drags himself into a library. After the librarian looks at him horrified because he is bleeding on the books, WTF? he turns and says, "Give me everything you have on demons." Cut to black.

Of course, in my head and real life that scene would continue with the librarian laughing in his face and saying, "All the books on demons are stolen. Always. But you can wander over to 133.4 yourself just on the off-chance." Unfortunately, we have to be too polite so she couldn't tell him to stop bleeding all over the books.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-15-2014), Crumb (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 09:24 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

The most horrible scene ever, really. I watched that and knew exactly what he was going to say. And it was even more ridiculous.

All your books on demons.

I mean, really.

But Demon Dean? Yeah, glad that's a thing now. (Though I'm still waiting for the epic beard. Maybe that comes when he's ready to be rid of the mark.)
Thanks, from:
Janet (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 09:29 PM

It is kind of sad that the only thing the show could do at this point to let Dean have some fun was to turn him into a demon. I want Cas to get better and be fun again, too. I don't like the idea that Cas is so used to humans that they need female-Cas-wannabe to react the way he used to.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

After so many years, it's kind of nice to see everyone have something to do that's just outside their normal character's shticks. My favorite though is Crowley. He's doing his best to work this to his further advantage but it's great to see that his I DESERVE TO BE LOVED is still incredibly relevant to him.

And poor Sam. Nobody loves him like they love Dean. I didn't think to notice it until now. Dean seems to have some charm that attracts both angels and demons to him. He's been buddy-buddy with Castiel since the beginning and the rapport with Crowley has been building for many seasons. But Sam? He had to be dying for an angel to have anything to do with him; and if he wasn't some kind of special addict I don't think demons would have given him a second though either. And regular people didn't respect him until he was a soulless demon killing machine.
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (11-12-2014), Janet (10-16-2014)
Old 10-16-2014, 12:20 AM

Oh, I noticed that a couple years back. Someone on the AV Club comments said she was a Dean girl and someone else said, "We are all Dean girls." I was repeating it to my best friend when I suddenly realized that everyone in the world of the show prefers Dean as well. Let's make a list:

Mom (cuts crust off his sandwiches and makes him pie)
Dad (controversial because he was obsessed with Sam's safety but got along better with Dean)
Bobby (Says so outright under the influence of the truth curse)
Castiel (Also says so outright)
Crowley (Says so in his second appearance and only gets more biased as time goes on)
Jo (obvious)
Chuck (arguable)
Charlie (also obvious)
Pretty much every woman they run across.

Now, people who prefer Sam:
Yellow Eyes
Lucifer
Ruby
werewolf chick
Amelia
Becky

So we're talking demons, monsters and a stalker. And Amelia never met Dean, so for all we know she might have preferred him as well.

I don't think it was actually intentional. I think that Ackles greater charisma and talent were so strong that the writers just started shifting without even realizing it. It would be nice if this season gave Padalecki more to do, but I still think he's best at comedy and they need to let him do it more. For all that I'm a Dean girl, "I lost my shoe" is pretty much my favorite line of the entire series.

And Crowley, oh Crowley, how much do I love Crowley? So, so very much. On Monday TNT showed his second episode, the one where he teams up with the boys for real to fight Lucifer. I watched closer than I usually do for the reruns because I wanted to see if it was always there, and it was. He nailed the character from the first and he's an absolute delight. But last night, Hey There Lonely Girl! Are they trying to kill me with that shit? So delightful. Thank you all the gods who made him a regular this year.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (10-16-2014), chunksmediocrites (10-16-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 04:23 PM

200th episode last night took place in Flint. Go us! Between this and an episode of The Dead Files this month, Flint is becoming the in place for paranormal TV.
Thanks, from:
Anastasia Beaverhausen (11-21-2014), BrotherMan (11-19-2014), chunksmediocrites (11-12-2014), Nullifidian (11-20-2014)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature