Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology

Old 04-26-2016, 10:19 PM
puzzler

Default Re: Watching the TV on the Gaming Console?

I have a Tivo box supplied by my cable provider that can stream Netflix. But Netflix on the Tivo is slow to load, buggy and has worse picture and sound quality than using the Netflix App on my PS3 - so I use that.

My PS3 is the 500GB one. I don't know if it had the Netflix app installed when it came, but even if it did, there are occasional updates to the app, so the one installed now was downloaded (for free) from the Playstation Store (or whatever it's called).

I would expect that the size of the hard disc shouldn't alter the capability of running the Netflix app - so providing you don't fill up the hard disc with loads of games you've downloaded I would expect that the 12GB one would be fine - but that's only my expectation and I could well be wrong.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

I'm definitely dropping Hulu if they lose Criterion. That's all I was really willing to pay for.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
lisarea (04-27-2016), Stephen Maturin (04-28-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

I take it back. I'm finding other things to enjoy on Hulu and I there's one you should all watch as well.

The Shadow Line is a twisty, fascinating British crime drama with the most freaking amazing cast I've seen in ages. Chiwetel Ejiofor plays a cop who was shot in the head. The bullet is still there and he has memory loss. He may have been a dirty cop before the shooting, but he can't remember it, so he's trying to do his job well.

It starts with the murder of a mob boss who just got a very rare pardon from the government. The cops are trying to solve it. The mobsters, led by Christopher Eccleston, who runs the legitimate business designed as a front and Rafe Spall as the also pardoned nephew & violent psycho. Then Stephen Rea shows up as a mysterious, dangerous and persuasive man who is following the same leads and somehow getting everywhere first. Most relevant to my interests, Antony Sher, Theatre God, shows up in a couple episodes as the partner of the dead mobster who disappeared when everything went down.

That's just the barest description. There is a ton going on in this and you should all watch it.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-23-2016), JoeP (12-22-2016), slimshady2357 (12-23-2016), Sock Puppet (12-31-2016)
Old 04-04-2020, 12:43 AM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm bumping this thread again to make us look like hillbillies!

Anyways, HBO has put some of their stuff for free for an unspecified time, and I just watched the first episode of Barry because Bill Hader is pretty great, and it's good so far. But then again, I really like Bill Hader, so I'm biased.

There are only two seasons so far, but they're both free without an account for I don't know how long, so I thought I'd recommend it preemptively.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (04-04-2020), BrotherMan (04-04-2020), Ensign Steve (04-06-2020), slimshady2357 (04-04-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:53 AM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

I loved Barry, it was painful to watch sometimes, but really enjoyable.

I also have the BHB* though.

*Bill Hader Bias
Old 04-04-2020, 10:28 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm bumping this thread again to make us look like hillbillies!

Anyways, HBO has put some of their stuff for free for an unspecified time, and I just watched the first episode of Barry because Bill Hader is pretty great, and it's good so far. But then again, I really like Bill Hader, so I'm biased.

There are only two seasons so far, but they're both free without an account for I don't know how long, so I thought I'd recommend it preemptively.
Barry is excellent.
lisarea (04-04-2020)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Computers & Technology