Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Tellifying

Default DC Nation

DC may be screwing up every movie that's not Batman, but they are nailing it with animation. Now, they are parterning with Cartoon Network to present a block of DC animation and DC focused news called "DC Nation"

Quote:
Cartoon Network announced the 2012 launch of DC Nation, an on-air and online programming block of DC animation properties "populated with event programming, interstitials, exclusive behind-the-scenes of theatrical production and an insider look into the world of all things DC." The block, whose content will be produced by Warner Bros. Animation, is the latest effort under Time Warner's new mandate to better integrate DC Comics with the company's film and TV divisions.
I imagine that it will be a 2- or 3-hour block that contains new series like Young Justice and Green Lantern, as well as classics like JLU, B:TAS and Batman Beyond. And probably the occasional airing of a Warner Bros. Animation movie.

I, for one, approve this move by DC. Between the Iron Man movies and the very promising trailers of Thor and Captain America, I can't help but think DC is not doing so well on the major motion picture front, especially if Green Lantern is half as a bad as the trailers make it out to be.

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature