Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-21-2004, 05:23 AM
Petra's Avatar
Petra Petra is offline
Love Bomb
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NZ (Aotearoa)
Posts: VMMMCCXXXIX
Images: 215
Default Mother-daughter challenges; or, what a cock up!

So, me'n'my beautiful kid decided to chellenge each other in the arcade. So far, we've engaged in three challenges, each one a total balls up.

In Frogger, it shows that Zoe scored 0, and I scored 4200. In reality, I scored 4200. I ain't even gonna say what she scored, 'cos it was more than 20 times my score.

Then, in bombjacks, we played the wrong name. She played me, I played her. Such is the confusion between different ID's and different browsers, all played from one computer. Needless to say, it looks like I won, but I lost all three lives before completing the first level. Zoe made it to level 11, or something. She won.

Then we played Flamingo Drive, and somehow, we made a mess of that challenge, too, and she cleaned up. Yet, it looks as though I had won and she had 0.

I tell ya - some kids really luck out when it comes to mums. Some mums steal undeserved accolades for winning things they are ultimately crap at - while the poor kid stands in the wings, knowing they won, yet the name on the trophy is mum's.

We really gotta get this mother-daughter challenge thing sussed out, so it tells a true story - fair and square.

Anyway...smilies brought to you by Zoe:





:violin: :harp:
__________________
“Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place.”

~ Ice T ~
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-21-2004, 05:29 AM
viscousmemories's Avatar
viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: XXMXLXIX
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 9
Default Re: Mother-daughter challenges; or, what a cock up!

I can quite honestly say I have never heard the expression "cock up".

So um... are you saying some of the games are broken? Or the challenge mechanism? Or are y'all doing something unusual that's causing these zero score games? IOW, am I expected to do anything here besides be charmed by your family bonding? :)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-21-2004, 05:42 AM
Petra's Avatar
Petra Petra is offline
Love Bomb
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NZ (Aotearoa)
Posts: VMMMCCXXXIX
Images: 215
Default Re: Mother-daughter challenges; or, what a cock up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories
I can quite honestly say I have never heard the expression "cock up".

So um... are you saying some of the games are broken? Or the challenge mechanism? Or are y'all doing something unusual that's causing these zero score games? IOW, am I expected to do anything here besides be charmed by your family bonding? :)
Games are not broken, just the way we are managing our ID's and respective browsers.

You see, Zoe has to come here using the IE browser, and I have to come here using a Mozilla browser. We switch between them to play our respective games, but it gets a little confusing, you see - hence the cock ups.

I cannot believe you've never heard the expression "cock up" before. If you cock something up it means you have messed it up, or blown it, or screwed it up, etc.

And please, no jokes on "blown it" when referring to the "cock up". Ok. :innocent:
__________________
“Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place.”

~ Ice T ~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2004, 05:46 AM
viscousmemories's Avatar
viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: XXMXLXIX
Blog Entries: 1
Images: 9
Default Re: Mother-daughter challenges; or, what a cock up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunachick
Games are not broken, just the way we are managing our ID's and respective browsers.

You see, Zoe has to come here using the IE browser, and I have to come here using a Mozilla browser. We switch between them to play our respective games, but it gets a little confusing, you see - hence the cock ups.
Ah, good. I'm glad to hear it's not my cock up.

Quote:
I cannot believe you've never heard the expression "cock up" before. If you cock something up it means you have messed it up, or blown it, or screwed it up, etc.

And please, no jokes on "blown it" when referring to the "cock up". Ok. :innocent:
I wouldn't dream of making such a vulgar joke. :yawn:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Hugo Holbling Hugo Holbling is offline
Warra warra
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: With Bo, Merryn and Charlie
Posts: CXXV
Default Re: Mother-daughter challenges; or, what a cock up!

I just want to say that ZAP is the coolest kid ever. She even took me to the Waikato game where we both sat with our Mooloo men woolly hats on to keep warm. She didn't predict the weather, though, and can't beat me at Bombjack (yet). She also laughed when i got ripped off at the dairy when we were buying sweets, if you can believe it.

It strikes me that Petra is very lucky indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Petra's Avatar
Petra Petra is offline
Love Bomb
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NZ (Aotearoa)
Posts: VMMMCCXXXIX
Images: 215
Default Re: Mother-daughter challenges; or, what a cock up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Holbling
I just want to say that ZAP is the coolest kid ever.
Yes, she is. :)

Quote:
It strikes me that Petra is very lucky indeed.
Yes. I am. :)


Thank you, Hugo.

By the way, I don't know their names, but I now know the faces of the three best players in the Waikato team.

This weekend was Zoe's last netball game for the season, and she got Player of the Day. Again. :D
__________________
“Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place.”

~ Ice T ~
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.33198 seconds with 13 queries