Old 05-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Fishy mokey

Default Re: Good King Trump

They were talking about how he's a Head of State, so probably something to do with that. It was (and probably still is) illegal to insult a foreign head of state here, probably in Italy too, so they're sensitive about it. On the other hand she has two foreign passports (Dutch = EU and US), so possible double diplomatic incident. I don't think there will be charges. They just kept her out of sight for as long as Trump was there.
Angakuk (05-27-2017), ChuckF (05-24-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Sock Puppet (05-27-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-25-2017), Stormlight (05-25-2017), The Man (05-24-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:16 PM
Fishy mokey

More on Trump's horrific stupidity regarding the Middle East:

Quote:
“Iran must never be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon,” said the US commander-in-chief. Iran “must cease its deadly [sic] funding, training and equipping of terrorists and militias.” A Martian who might also have landed at Tel Aviv at the same time would surely conclude that Iran was the creator of Isis and that Israel was already bombing the cruel and violent cultists of the Islamic caliphate. And Martians – surely smarter than the US President – would thus be much amazed to discover that Israel has been bombing the Iranians and the Syrians and their militias, but has not once – ever – bombed Isis.
Donald Trump is trying to stick to the script - but he's about to really mess up in the Middle East | The Independent

Quote:
On Sunday, CNN headlined a “reset” with the Arabs. On Monday, the BBC headlined a “reset” with Israel. What they both meant – but dared not say – is that Trump thinks he can get the Arabs and Israel to destroy the power of Iran after the horrid, moral years of Obama. That means “war”, preferably between Muslims. The “ultimate deal”, indeed.
But (05-25-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), JoeP (05-25-2017), lisarea (05-25-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-25-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-25-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 01:21 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Just checking, are you guys all ok with this kind of thing?

Read the Full Transcript of Trump’s Call With Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte

Quote:
The Intercept obtained a transcript of the call and is publishing it in full. On the call, Trump enthusiastically endorsed Duterte’s murderous “drug war” and repeatedly addressed the possibility of a U.S. nuclear strike on North Korea. The transcript, which contains numerous typographical errors, is an official document of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs. Well-placed sources at the Palace and the Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed its authenticity to reporters for the Philippine news outlet Rappler, which collaborated with The Intercept on this story.
I am 100% NOT OKAY with this kind of thing. The Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs tarnishes not just their department, but the Philippine people when they make so many typographical errors. They would be well served to retrain their stenographers.
Perhaps as prison guards at Quezon City Jail, where a prison built to house 800 inmates instead holds 4,000, and inmates sleep in bunks in rotating shifts. Perhaps as a police officer, to assist in the extrajudicial killings of an estimated 756 suspected drug users by police so far.

How about you, Jerome? Are you "ok with this kind of thing?"
Old 05-26-2017, 01:37 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Also, has anyone else heard that the Democrats really don't want Trump out of office/ impeached before 2018 mid-terms? The argument being it improves their chances of gaining seats, with Trump in office theoretically damaging the Republican brand, voting bloc, etc.

Maybe this is sausage making reality, but I hate how often the national Democrats appear to depend wholly on the other party being so abysmally shitty and bad that people feel like they have no choice to vote for (maybe a Democrat), rather than standing on the merits of their party platform. Ugh. I get the idea of varying motivations of the base, but just ugh.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunksmediocrites View Post
Also, has anyone else heard that the Democrats really don't want Trump out of office/ impeached before 2018 mid-terms? The argument being it improves their chances of gaining seats, with Trump in office theoretically damaging the Republican brand, voting bloc, etc.
I don't know. Their might be some thinking that that would be the ideal scenario.

On the other hand, if they have a shot at the king, it's not clear to me that it's in their interests to pass it up. The reason for that is because a world in which Trump is impeached and potentially convicted while the GOP controls Congress is one in which the GOP is having a civil war.

For Trump to be impeached, the revelations have to keep up the pace they had before Trump's trip, or there would need to be some absolutely bombshell audio/video of someone spilling the beans on collusion, bribes, or something. But Trump's not getting impeached without Republican votes, and he's certainly not getting convicted without getting some votes from some fairly red state senators. They'd need to strongly believe that getting rid of him is in their best interests.

The issue is that Trump is obsessed with winning, he's vindictive and spiteful. If they decided they need to get rid of them, he would not step down for the good of the party. He would try to rally his voters against the GOP establishment, and would make the process as painful as possible for them. And even if they succeeded, he would snipe at them from Twitter. So impeachment means they're in disaster containment mode and installing Mike Pence won't make that disaster just disappear.

I fully believe if they could snap their fingers and convince Trump to step down and be supportive of the party and Pence, they would do that. But impeachment won't be pretty for them. So that is the reason that there's little chance of that happening before the midterms.

On the other hand, if Trump declares war on the GOP establishment (because he thinks they're the only reason he's unpopular, say) and they haven't impeached him, well... then they have a lot less reason not to go ahead and do it.

After the midterms, however, Democrats have a decent chance of controlling the House (and a much smaller chance of taking the Senate). This will mean they can conduct Congressional investigations, to harass Trump and more importantly, to uncover more malfeasance and make it more likely Trump becomes untenable.
Quote:
Maybe this is sausage making reality, but I hate how often the national Democrats appear to depend wholly on the other party being so abysmally shitty and bad that people feel like they have no choice to vote for (maybe a Democrat), rather than standing on the merits of their party platform. Ugh. I get the idea of varying motivations of the base, but just ugh.
I mean, I wish that weren't true, but I think it's as much about the voters as it is about the party, if not more. And perhaps even more about the media.

You see how public opinion on Obamacare only became positive once the prospect of actually losing it became real. There wasn't any magical way Democrats could have activated that loss aversion while they control the presidency and/or the senate. And that prospect is far more motivating than any ad or speech could be.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-27-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Crumb (05-26-2017), JoeP (05-26-2017), lisarea (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 03:10 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Impeachment for what, being a Russian spy?

That would make Obama the most shit President ever, sitting on his hands as a Russian spy takes over the country.

lol, the mainstream has liberals up their ass not knowing which direction to go.

Tools of the elite class is all you are.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:13 AM

Quote:
I didn't see any crying from you guys when Obama was spying on the entire country ... Not sure why you have a problem with this..

:chin:
Old 05-26-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
So let a Russian spy run the country for a couple of years for your political gain.

You people really are sick fucks.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:18 AM

Though I did see you you cry when a DNC employee leaked the info that Clinton cheated Sanders in the primaries.

But you are so deluded you think it was the Russians, because that's what Clinton say, and we know they don't lie, lol

You people are being played for fools by the elite, Trump is an actor, and you are tools following a soap opera.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:55 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
I didn't see any crying from you guys when Obama was spying on the entire country ... Not sure why you have a problem with this..

:chin:
You failed to answer. How about you, Jerome? Are you "ok with this kind of thing?"
Old 05-26-2017, 04:00 AM

You know, Jerome, there's such a thing as an edit button.

We wouldn't want you to get so spammy that people start invoking the rules on flooding.
Thanks, from:
But (05-26-2017), lisarea (05-26-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:10 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
You know, Jerome, there's such a thing as an edit button.
We wouldn't want you to get so spammy that people start invoking the rules on flooding.
I have him on ignore for that very reason.
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:14 AM

I have him on ignore as well, but I do sometimes read the posts. Usually I regret it.

Generally when there's a whole crop of them, it's best not to bother looking. Don't need to actually read them to know he's just spamming stupid little one- or two-liners though.
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 04:46 AM
ne plus ultraviolet

Senators From Both Parties Blast "Outrageous" Trump call praising Duterte for Anti-Drug Killing Spree

So, Jerome, let me pose to you the same lazy, low-effort, Jazzercize version of trolling question you offered upthread: "Are you okay with this?"

This Key and Peele sketch is all I think of whenever you start blathering.

Key & Peele - Black Republicans - YouTube
Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

He has pulled a Trump.*
That is I find his trolling sometimes amusing, sometimes annoying and every so occasionally aggravating, but in trying to push the annoyance too far has gotten himself blanked entirely.

*I don't know what this will eventually stick as, but I'm certain 'Trump' 'Trumpian' 'Trumpist' 'Trumpette' 'Trumpectum' or some variant of will become a phrase known for the next 50+ years.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:05 AM
Astroid the Foine Loine between a Poirate and a Farrrmer

Quote:
That would make Obama the most shit President ever, sitting on his hands as a Russian spy takes over the country.
I have seen a lot of this lately. It is like the righties are now so addicted to simply blaming Obama for everything from a stubbed toe to the weather that they are having a hard time stopping even though they are now fully in control.

Jerome is just the natural, if absurd conclusion: he blames Obama for making him vote for the single most incompetent president we have ever seen. Thanks Obama!
Thanks, from:
chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Crumb (05-26-2017), Sock Puppet (05-27-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017), Watser? (05-29-2017), Zehava (05-27-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
He has pulled a Trump.*
That is I find his trolling sometimes amusing, sometimes annoying and every so occasionally aggravating, but in trying to push the annoyance too far has gotten himself blanked entirely.

*I don't know what this will eventually stick as, but I'm certain 'Trump' 'Trumpian' 'Trumpist' 'Trumpette' 'Trumpectum' or some variant of will become a phrase known for the next 50+ years.
Partial to Trumpiot myself.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivisectus View Post
Quote:
I have seen a lot of this lately. It is like the righties are now so addicted to simply blaming Obama for everything from a stubbed toe to the weather that they are having a hard time stopping even though they are now fully in control.

Jerome is just the natural, if absurd conclusion: he blames Obama for making him vote for the single most incompetent president we have ever seen. Thanks Obama!

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ari (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Crumb (05-26-2017), JoeP (05-26-2017), lisarea (05-26-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017), Vivisectus (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Quality Contributor

Old 05-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Fishy mokey

Omg, Stormlight has me on ignore :freakout:
Angakuk (05-27-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Crumb (05-26-2017), JoeP (05-26-2017), lisarea (05-26-2017), Pan Narrans (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 02:23 PM
Quality Contributor

:unnod:
Old 05-26-2017, 03:24 PM

... and liberals expose their racism once again, they can see Obama as nothing more than a 'black' President.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Fishy mokey

Where's that quality trolling of yesterdecade?
Ari (05-26-2017), ChuckF (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), Dragar (05-26-2017), Pan Narrans (05-26-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 05:35 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Where's that quality trolling of yesterdecade?
Everything was better when Obama was President. :yup:
Thanks, from:
Ari (05-26-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-26-2017), JoeP (05-26-2017), Miisa (05-26-2017), Pan Narrans (05-26-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-26-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017), Watser? (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight View Post
:unnod:
:boss:
Angakuk (05-27-2017), ChuckF (05-27-2017), Pan Narrans (05-26-2017), Stormlight (05-26-2017), The Man (05-26-2017)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law