Old 05-21-2017, 04:19 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Default Re: Good King Trump

lol Trump bent his knee to the Muslim king and now he's afraid to say "radical Islamic terrorism." Total cuck for Allah! Sad!
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (05-21-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), lisarea (05-21-2017), Sock Puppet (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-21-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017), Vivisectus (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Horrified as I am by Cheeto Benito in the White House and a nation teeming with the ignorant, bilious buffoons like Jerome who voted for him, I take some solace from the study of history. Paradoxically, though, that solace is vitiated by despair. The solace is that Trump and Trumpism is not new; the despair is in the realization that there is no progress to history. In the 19th century the abolitionist Theodore Parker wrote:

Quote:
I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice.
This was later condensed by Martin Luther King Jr. in his famous 1963 “I have a dream” speech: “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” This condensation was, so to say, retweeted by Barack Obama on that memorable, hope-filled night in November 2008 when he spoke in Chicago after defeating John McCain for the presidency. He uttered the same line; eight disillusioning years later, after a storm of Obama’s drones had murdered an unknown number of Afghans having weddings, he handed over the keys to the national car to an even bigger monster. This new monster bids fair to total the car in an epic crackup.

But it’s all of a piece. The moral arc of the universe does not, alas, bend toward justice, or toward anything at all. And throughout history, every progressive revolution is sooner or later met with a reactionary counter-revolution. Of course it’s also true that the reactionary counter-revolutions are later met with progressive counter-counter revolutions; so that provides a bit of hope. Nevertheless I remain, with good reason as I suppose, fundamentally pessimistic about the human prospect and I tend to agree with Schopenhauer that life itself is an unfortunate error and it would have been better if the earth had remained in a crystalline state like the moon.

The idea that history is a chronicle of human progress is as misguided as the idea that evolution is a chronicle of biological progress. History, like evolution, is just one damned thing after another.

Lately I’ve been rereading the Open Yale Courses lectures of Prof. David Blight, which I first read years ago: The Civil War and Reconstruction Era, 1845-1877 For a Civil War and history buff like me, these lectures are a Zodsend and I am grateful to live in an era when I can read this stuff online for free. Did I just contradict myself about the illusory nature of progress? :shrug: One thing to note from these lectures: Reconstruction led straight to Jim Crow.

The entirety of the Open Yale Courses are here, and I’ve been reading as many of them as I can as time allows. Soon I shall be a bona fide Yalie, though without the all-important piece of paper signifying that I have a degree from that august institution.

In the eyes of Trumpistan, of course, my online Yale credentials will mark me as an Enemy of the People (i.e. of drooling ignorant old white men), but again this is nothing new. Intellectuals, like black people, the wimmins, gays, Native Americans, the transgendered, and many others, have always been despised by your babbling, palsied, foaming-at-the-mouth white racist uncle named Jerome who, during an unendurable Thanksgiving dinner, rails about how Barack Obama was born in Kenya and how Big Gummint should keep its mitts of his Social Security and Medicare.

I was driving toward some larger points here but those will have to wait, partly since I am out of time, but also because I don’t want to turn this post into a :tldr: In my next post, when I have time, I’ll offer my views on why Trump is not — as some have claimed — unprecedented in presidential history; quite to the contrary, not only does he have some important things in common with the odious Andrew Jackson, as he likes to fatuously brag, but I think he has even more in common with that equally odious other Andrew: Andrew Johnson.

So, more later. If anyone would like to participate in a thread to discuss Prof. Blight’s Yale Civil War lectures, I’d be up for that bigly. :2thumbsup:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), Crumb (05-21-2017), Dragar (05-21-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (05-21-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Lone Ranger (05-21-2017), The Man (05-21-2017), Watser? (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Jerome who voted for him
As is typical with those infected with liberalism, they just make shit up to suit their narrative, even after being informed their claim is false.

Its the only way to hold the thoughts you do, denial of reality.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:54 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Quote:
Jerome who voted for him
As is typical with those infected with liberalism, they just make shit up to suit their narrative, even after being informed their claim is false.

Its the only way to hold the thoughts you do, denial of reality.
Hmm! :chin:

Do you mean, dummy, like the time you asserted, doubly falsely, that the FBI director had determined that Hillary Clinton was guilty of a crime, but decided not to prosecute her?

It was doubly false, dummy, because:

Comey had not determined that Clinton was guilty of a crime -- just the opposite!

Even if he had claimed that Clinton was guilty of a crime, the FBI cannot prosecute anyone -- only recommend prosecution!

Is that the kind of "denial of reality" you mean, dummy?
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 09:01 PM

Yes, of course, its the "vast right-wing conspiracy" against the Clintons, they commit no crimes.

Btw, what she did with the server is a crime, and she committed that crime to hide her communications which are the evidence of her pay for play crimes.

Remember, Comey was the US Attorney that 'cleared' Bill in his pay-for-play pardon crimes.

He would not have said anything about it if he wasn't unsure that her crimes would be exposed in some other way, he was covering his own ass.

Liberalism is a mental disorder, you expose this fact with each post.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:07 PM

By his own words you moron, she did violate the law, but he does not recommend prosecuting because it would be difficult to determine that she did it on purpose. lol

Selective prosecution, just like in the Bill pay-for-pardon case.

Taking money for pardons is a crime, and Bill did that, but its too hard to prove he did it on purpose, is what Comey said at the time.

The elite class rapes you and you defend them for it. That makes you a moron of the first order.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
By his own words you moron, she did violate the law, but he does not recommend prosecuting because it would be difficult to determine that she did it on purpose. lol
Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 09:28 PM

Yes, of course, its the "vast right-wing conspiracy" against the Clintons, they commit no crimes.

:cool:
Old 05-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Fishy mokey

:rolleye2:
Stormlight (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckface View Post
By his own words you moron, she did violate the law...
Here ya go, fuckface:

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckface
... but he does not recommend prosecuting because it would be difficult to determine that she did it on purpose.
But that's not what you said, fuckface. You said that the FBI had the power to prosecute, and not just recommend prosecution.

So you were wrong when you claimed the FBI had determined that she had committed a crime (it did not) and you were wrong when you claimed it had the power to prosecute her (It does not).

Fuckface. :wave:
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Dragar (05-21-2017), JoeP (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 10:35 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Also from Comey's statement, douchebag:

As a result, although the Department of Justice makes final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to Justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Safety glasses off, motherfuckers

I appreciate rebuttals of Jerome's bullshit, but does anyone still take him seriously? He's so transparently engaging in bad faith (and has on at least one occasion openly admitted that he is doing so) that I regard it as no different than engaging a creationist. I can't even express how much it's improved my experience of this site to put him on ignore.

In other Trump-related news:

WaPo:

Quote:
“All the women that Ivanka Trump met have a guardian,” said Aziza al-Yousef, a 58-year-old activist here who has campaigned to abolish the guardianship rules [i.e., necessity of obtaining male permission for work, education, travel, healthcare, etc.]. A retired professor of computer science at King Saud University, she was recently rebuffed when she tried to deliver a 14,700-signature petition on eliminating the guardian system to the government.

“All these achievements depend on whether you’re lucky to be born in a family where your guardian will be understanding, will help you,” Yousef said. “If Ivanka is interested in women empowerment and human rights, she should see activists, and not just officials.”

“It’s not about Ivanka speaking at the meeting,” said activist Loujain al-Hathloul, “but is it actually useful for these women from Saudi Arabia to speak as well? Is their contribution in such events helpful to us Saudi women in general, not princesses or business owners or rich women? Does it actually help us? I doubt it.”

And remember how right-wingers were criticising Obama for his bow? Well, look at this total cuck:

(Obviously that isn't the same Stephen Miller who works in the administration.)

Longtime Republican political consultant Rick Wilson, one of the few people in the party talking much sense right now, has this to say:

Quote:
…Whether you’re a 20-something fresh off the campaign trail, or a seasoned Washington insider serving in the Cabinet, by now you’re painfully aware that you’re not making America great again; you’re barely making it to the end of the daily news cycle before your verbally incontinent boss, the putative leader of the free world, once again steers the proverbial car into a ditch. On every front, you’re faced with legal, political and moral hazards. The president’s job, and yours, is a lot harder than it looked, and you know the problem originates in the Oval Office…

You learned quickly that your job isn’t actually to serve the nation, manage your agency or fulfill the role you ostensibly play according to the White House org chart. In reality, you spend most of your time fluffing Trump’s ego. Either that or you’re making excuses for not being a more aggressive suck-up. If you’ve been ordained to appear on television as an administration surrogate, you know by now that your task isn’t to advocate for your agency or issue, but to lavish the president with praise…

You already know you can’t save the president because he doesn’t want to be saved. You already know there’s not another, better version of Trump getting ready to show up. You’re smart. You’re loyal. You’re sniffing the wind like a gazelle, nose filled with the scents of predators. You don’t want to break from the pack too soon, but there’s greater risk in waiting too long…
And, of course, SNL.

Late-night comedy has been one of the few things keeping me grounded in this administration. In fact, it's probably a more reliable source of news than most actual newspapers or news programs these days.

“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith

last.fm · my music · Marathon Expanded Universe
Thanks, from:
Corona688 (05-24-2017), JoeP (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Late-night comedy has been one of the few things keeping me grounded in this administration. In fact, it's probably a more reliable source of news than most actual newspapers or news programs these days.
That explains a great deal about the indoctrinated partisan mind.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:57 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Pictured: Trump engaging in some kind of Islamic spirit-cooking ritual

(Can you imagine if Obama was on camera doing that?)

So anyway, it seems that the new thing will be lavish parties for Trump whenever he goes abroad to a country where the leaders can get away with that.

It seems less likely that, say, the German public would be very pleased if Merkel treated Trump this way.

And Trump returns the favor by (attempting to*) say very nice things to them.

A problem here is that he's going to Israel as his next stop, and I can imagine that the very nice things he will say to them won't necessarily be the same things that the Saudis like. But hey maybe he'll shit on Iran more because that's something KSA and Israel agree on.

And of course, they won't be fooled by a single speech if he goes back home and keeps up the Muslim ban stuff.

*Trump's comments can be tone-deaf even while he's trying to be nice
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), ChuckF (05-21-2017), Crumb (05-22-2017), JoeP (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greene
Trump During the Campaign: "I will NEVER touch The Orb, even though its mysterious glow seduces and beguiles."
Trump Today:

https://twitter.com/NickGreene
ChuckF (05-22-2017), Kamilah Hauptmann (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017)
Old 05-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimir View Post
A problem here is that he's going to Israel as his next stop, and I can imagine that the very nice things he will say to them won't necessarily be the same things that the Saudis like. But hey maybe he'll shit on Iran more because that's something KSA and Israel agree on.
Well, dur. Business as usual. Trump has been completely converted now.
Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 12:14 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Right but my point is that Trump's instinct is to say whatever the people he's talking to want to hear, and in foreign policy, when you're talking to multiple countries, you have to balance the things you're going to say to different audiences.

I suspect Trump will not be great at this, and he might find himself causing an uproar by blatantly contradicting himself later in the trip.

But who knows, it seems like Trump's mostly going to stick to scripted speeches and getting gifts and bullshit flattery (which will keep him in a good mood), so he might have a "successful" trip after all.

Assuming more bombshell stories don't drop and/or he's not following the US news (doubtful)...
Thanks, from:
Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Watser? (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 01:09 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Possibly this month's top captionable image:

And of course:

22. No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.

Especially with tiny hands.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ari (05-22-2017), ChuckF (05-22-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), Pan Narrans (05-22-2017), Sock Puppet (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 01:11 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Ari (05-22-2017), ChuckF (05-22-2017), chunksmediocrites (05-22-2017), Sock Puppet (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 03:29 AM

You are aware that it was the northern states that insisted on counting slaves as 3/5 for census purposes, yes?

Probably not, liberals tend to be indoctrinated as opposed to educated.

Free people, regardless of race, were counted the same. But don't let historical facts get in the way of your narrative!!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:43 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Quote:
You are aware that it was the northern states that insisted on counting slaves as 3/5 for census purposes, yes?

Free people, regardless of race, were counted the same. But don't let historical facts get in the way of your narrative!!
:lol:

You are such a stupid, clueless piece of gum on the sidewalk that was gnawed on and spat out by an imbecile. :yup:

There were two different issues at hand; one concerning taxation, and the other concerning representation in the House of Representatives. The three-fifths rule for purposes of representation benefited the slave holders.

Quote:
Historian Garry Wills has postulated that without the additional slave state votes, Jefferson would have lost the presidential election of 1800. Also, "slavery would have been excluded from Missouri ... Jackson's Indian removal policy would have failed ... the Wilmot Proviso would have banned slavery in territories won from Mexico ... the Kansas-Nebraska bill would have failed.
Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Watser? (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 04:54 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Quote:
Quote:

:lol:

You are such a stupid, clueless piece of gum on the sidewalk that was gnawed on and spat out by an imbecile. :yup:

There were two different issues at hand; one concerning taxation, and the other concerning representation in the House of Representatives. The three-fifths rule for purposes of representation benefited the slave holders.

Quote:
Historian Garry Wills has postulated that without the additional slave state votes, Jefferson would have lost the presidential election of 1800. Also, "slavery would have been excluded from Missouri ... Jackson's Indian removal policy would have failed ... the Wilmot Proviso would have banned slavery in territories won from Mexico ... the Kansas-Nebraska bill would have failed.
The thing with Jerome's snug reply is that it was a reply to a joke. Now a joke has a social function, that is to separate the in crowd from the out crowd. A chunk of Jerome's :ff: persona is devoted to signalling 'out crowd'. Some call it the village contrarian, others might point out the sociopathic stalker tendencies, but whatever. Welcome to the internet. But whatever it is, this is why Jerome could not display any impulse control on that matter.

Thanks, from:
Angakuk (05-25-2017), Dragar (05-22-2017), JoeP (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Thanks, from:
Pan Narrans (05-22-2017), Stephen Maturin (05-22-2017), Stormlight (05-22-2017), The Man (05-22-2017), Watser? (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, to an indoctrinated moron that can not logic, counting slaves as 3/5 instead of a whole was a gain for the southern states.

You are a moron of the first degree.

They lost 40% of the slave population in regards representation in the national government.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:41 PM

Presenting a falsehood as a joke is cover for being caught in a lie which is used for political propaganda purposes.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law