Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > biochemgirl

Rate this Entry

This blows

Posted 11-11-2007 at 10:36 PM by biochemgirl

The husband will be leaving shortly after the holidays for his training, which right now is sitting at around 13-14 months. I am really really dreading him going. It sucks to live out here by myself, that and I've kinda grown attatched to the guy and miss him when he goes (the dogs aren't much for conversation). I know it could be much worse, that we've done much worse, but damn it, missing him is missing him period. We've also been told he will spend a good deal more time away each year just for his annual training not including deployments. He's spent half the time he's been enlisted away between deployment and training (and he's not even active duty!). But alas, I am a supportive wife, or at least I am trying very hard. I just need an outlet for my frustration with the military.

We are trying to get the house in tip top shape so it doesn't fall apart on me when he goes. This year when he was at his annual training, the washing machine and lawn mower broke along with the kitchen sink spewing water all over. And that was only two weeks. I need to start laughing at this stuff so I don't go crazy. That and I need to enjoy the time we have together.

But it still blows.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12307 Comments 4 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm sorry, bcg, that does utterly blow. :badday: Will you get to see him at all during those 13-14 months?
  2. Old Comment
    We are hoping at least a time or two, he will be going to school and doing lots of training on weekends, etc, so the time will be very limited.
  3. Old Comment
    That both sucks and blows. :sigh:
  4. Old Comment
    That totally sucks.
    :unglomp: