Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Ari

Rate this Entry

Public places

Posted 10-08-2007 at 09:15 PM by Ari

As mentioned in the Folsom thread, I went to the Folsom street faire in SF. Lots of fun, took pictures and then wandered around with some new friends. One girl that I don't really know kept complaining about people taking photos of her.

Ok people, if you are out in public, for the most part you waive privacy rights (some rights still reserved). Now, if you go out to a public faire where you know there will be lots of cameras and you go topless with your boobs painted with a fire design and glittery paint, expect people to take pictures of you. It's not rocket science. Now you can ask them not too or not to use them but they don't really have to comply (it all depends on the use). Obviously as a thinking person if you don't want people to have photos of you topless in public, the best solution is to not go topless in public.

Which is the rant I said about five times in my head, wanting to keep the peace and not actually say it aloud. :)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14079 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm going to be mean, but that's the mantra of the drama queen. By complaining, she's constantly drawing the group's attention to her. I know this because I do the same thing sometimes. It's a bad habit that's hard to break.
  2. Old Comment
    :laugh:

It's like the runners in Ann Arbor's "Nude Mile" who complain about people taking their pictures. Duh!
    Posted 10-09-2007 at 04:13 AM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline