Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Brimshack

1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment

Pet Politics and Symbiotic(ally Dysfunctional) Relationships

Damn Brimshack, that sounds like a tough job.
  3. Old Comment

I check Craigslist pets periodically because I'm still planning on adopting a dog at some point in the near future. I've noticed that there are a lot of messages from people who either work in the shelter, or visit and take a liking to a particular dog that they don't end up adopting that say, "Take a look at this sweet, wonderful dog! Doesn't have much time left! Please adopt/sponsor this pet!" Those messages seem to work sometimes.

Are the dogs at your shelter online, either on the shelter's webpage or on Petfinder.com? If not, it seems like those probably help quite a bit. (The closest animal control did have pictures of pets, but the past two weeks haven't been putting any pics up because of "staffing issues". I got my cat there because I saw the picture. I'm sure they're having a harder time adopting them out because the shelter is in the middle of nowhere and I doubt many people would drive all the way out there unless they had a particular pet in mind. Actually, I should probably get off my duff and volunteer to take pictures for them. But anyway...)

Anyway, I know you may be doing this already, but I just wanted to throw it out there that Craigslisters at least sometimes respond well to such postings.
    Posted 02-28-2008 at 01:42 AM by One for Sorrow One for Sorrow is offline
  4. Old Comment

LOL, I'm still new enough I check all new references out. I did find what looked like a shelter there, but I couldn't figure out what they were doing that could help.

Maybe a good beer-based sauce.
  5. Old Comment

I was kidding about Towaoc. The only facility for dogs and cats there is the BBQ grill, or so I heard one time a long time ago.
  6. Old Comment

Thank you for trh suggestion.

We're usually okay as far as pacing dogs, but with the sudden shinkage of the Kennels we ran into trouble. With Pits though it always seems to be hard. I'm not familiar with the facilities at Towaoc and I'm afraid my Google skills have failed me in this instance. I see that they have a Humane Association up there, and it even has outside cages, but they aren't on the radar screen as far as places we could potentially place dogs out to. What have you heard about them?
  7. Old Comment

Where you are and you're have trouble getting rid of dogs? Have you tried Towaoc? I've heard things about them.
  8. Old Comment

Thank You, OFS

(...and congratulations on your new Kitteh.)
  9. Old Comment

Oh wow, Brimshack. I commend you for actually being able to do that job. . . I'm sure I never could. I'm glad that you were able to save Brandy and Peggy, and I know it's going to be so difficult when you can't help dogs like them. But, those two owe their lives to you and I hope knowing that you're doing all that you can will be of some comfort to you during the busy months.
    Posted 02-24-2008 at 02:09 PM by One for Sorrow One for Sorrow is offline
  10. Old Comment

Rituals of Binding and Rituals of Healing

I vote that you finish up your degree, for what that's worth. You have amassed a lot of great information and have obviously put no small effort into organizing it into something coherent and in my estimation, eminently fascinating. I am somewhat familiar with the the long slow arc of academic research...it gnaws at my very being even as I now speak and some days I wonder if the energy I already have put into it would ever bear up under a cost-benefit analysis. It probably wouldn't, but some of that is also just the learning curve and at times barking up the wrong trees. Other times I wince as I know, predictably, the happy historian who will take my ideas and smash them to earth like so much rotten plaster. "HA HA!" they'll say, "SMASH!" But you what? Too fucking bad if they don't like it. They can go read Harry Potter or Arthur Schlesinger* and damn well bugger off.

*No likenesses of Arthur Schlesinger were harmed in the posting to this blog.
  11. Old Comment

Been thinking about it, but the truth is I don't know. I really don't.

I actually have a fantastic library of Navajo materials myself, though I'm selling a lot of it off lately. Why the fuck do I have 13 bookshelves full of goddam books!?! Well not anymore, that's for damn sure. Anyway, I've either got to get back and try to finish up my old degree or forget aboutt it forever. That's part of what I was thinking about when I wrote this.
  12. Old Comment
    Posted 09-24-2007 at 06:23 PM by viscousmemories viscousmemories is offline
  13. Old Comment

That's absolutely fascinating, Brim. Do you think you might look into any other similar issues now that the intarweb is so packed with data?
  14. Old Comment
  15. Old Comment
  16. Old Comment

I can has blog?

Your blog is quite bloggy, Brimshack. Congratulationagens1!

mAYBE YOU COULD make Greta sues maiden nmae be Mabel.

mabel. it has a nice ring, or would if it were made out of a metal tube.
  17. Old Comment

I can has blog?

Your blog is all shiny and new.

It brings tears to my eyes.
  18. Old Comment

I can has blog?

The name of the Blog is not as of yet determined, but she may in time become known as Greta Sue.

On the reasons for the matter, I shall remain silent, which is my perogative. Why? Because it's MY BLOG.

That is right.
  19. Old Comment

Very well then...

I'm very disappointed at your measly one font size. Talk about a bait and switch. :no:
  20. Old Comment

I can has blog?

Didya name it Charlene, by any chance?